SIDEBAR #4- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:twocents: i think juan could get her all tangled up in cross. idk, but could he ask her about knowing ja left with a gun? maybe not, but if she claimed ja had mental health issues, he could take that apart too.
maybe they're afraid anything she says can come back to incriminate ja. hurt any chances of appeals.

she was also appalled that JA acted normal when she got home from her murder trip. said something like 'who DOES that???'
so what could she say? 'jodi was a wonderful daughter. never gave us any trouble?' she sure can't say that.

Good Morning Everyone,

First time posting here. Is this where you all post while the trial is being televised? Also, has anyone here heard anything about Patty having already given her testimony last week in closed courtroom? It might be a rumor, IDK.

:welcome4: so glad to have you on board!

I think this is where we are supposed to be - but feel free too look around and post where you are most intrigued!

I believe the main thread will be opened a little later today - if we aren't here already. Who knows!

She will .. I'm freakin' sure of it .. I hope there is a god and he decides this is the moment to enact his one and only 'striking down' option. Does she do the art show tomorrow do we know? That's going to be a high point for me.

Maybe she'll do something on a posey theme. ;)

WOW! The mother of that psycopathic murderer not making any statement today is very telling. Why do you all think she is staying silent?

So JM can't cross examine her and ask about things like spoon-beatings and slapping children into walls and tables, things like that.

Sounds snarky but I believe that's why, if she could just read a statement to plea to the jury for JA's life I would think she would.

Just moo

WOW! The mother of that psycopathic murderer not making any statement today is very telling. Why do you all think she is staying silent?

In her taped interview with Det. Flores she says Jodi's claim that she had a bad childhood is a fantasy. Since this is one of the mitigating factors I don't think they want this claim to be disputed by her mother.

I heard on CNN HLN this am that if JA's mother testifies in her defense that she can be cross examined and that the facts of their bitter relationship would then come out and may do more damage than good. Also, JA testified that her mother was one of her abusers. I think the grandmother could testify though.
I am so happy that I had last night off and tonight as this is the first time I can watch live. And I am feeling very anxious for the Alexander family. I pray for them all today and hope for the verdict they so fervently desire. My thoughts are with them today and not JA. And I pray that Stephen (?spelling) finds peace and healing. I am very worried about him. I am not leaving Samantha out, as I adore her. I just feel that she is grieving in a healthy way. JMO. Praying that the Alexander family has the strength to make it through another day.

Good Morning Team Travis

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 15h
“@mcrowley7898: @troyhaydenfox10
do you think you could get an interview with Juan?” Yes. I will speak with him 90 min after verdct. #FOX10

I wish JM would tell him to go eat a bug!!

Any idea when the new mitigation thread will open?? I miss it. Like this thread, but all the videos sure slows things down for me. BUT, hapy to have it these past 3 days!!

These are the 11 rules for satanists .. she broke all of them too!!

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9. Do not harm little children.
10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

Except perhaps number 4 ..

BBM

Wow! I learn something new every day around here. What exactly is the "mating signal'?

Good Morning Everyone,

First time posting here. Is this where you all post while the trial is being televised? Also, has anyone here heard anything about Patty having already given her testimony last week in closed courtroom? It might be a rumor, IDK.

Welcome :seeya: yep you are in the right place...they will probably close this thread soon and open a new one....so just jump to the next one.

And what can Patty say? I think she already stated on some show that she and Arias had great childhoods. Also, as someone said above, apparently they fell out of touch up until Arias was arrested. Is this the only female friend Arias has to speak on her behalf? For such a manipulative chameleon, I would think she could have wheedled herself into someone's good graces but guess not.

I was shocked to see the long list of "smoking" stuff prisoners can buy. Do prisoners have access to lighters? What about lit cigs as potential weapons? And chewing tobacco? Talk about a janitorial nightmare.

Good morning everyone! I'm a former lurker and 1st time poster. I feel privileged to be able to join such a great group of folks! I enjoyed all the great videos last night.

I've been trying to keep up with this trial but my job has interfered a lot. Reading here has been so helpful. I have a ways to go in learning the technical aspects of the forum, like getting an avatar.

Would someone please tell me who "Patti" is? She was mentioned upthread as a possible mitigating witness. Thanks.

I'm so happy to be here!
Justice for Travis!!

Welcome Lorraine! :)

i thought it depended on what she says. no?

I think she can address the judge...

Definition

Allocution is a procedure during sentencing by which a convicted person is given opportunity to address a judge. This is done after being found guilty and before sentence is pronounced. The judge asks the defendant whether s/he has any thing to say on the sentencing. The defendant may request for a less sentence, may make an apology, and may give an explanation for his /her criminal conduct. The defendant need not be sworn before s/he makes his/her address. His/her statements are not subject to cross-examination.

I had not heard that she backed out, only that she didn't want the camera on her face. The talking heads on HLN are still saying that there are two witnesses. Apparently, they should read here.

What did I miss?

EquallyD, someone up thread (this morning) posted that he/she saw on GMA that PW had backed out of testifying. The poster didn't give any specifics and I have not heard it on HLN myself. Hope that helps

I have to tell y'all- I have always been a nail biter - my entire life. I recently stopped biting, and clipped my nails for the very first time because they were TOO LONG!

WHAT!!

You cannot imagine how this small thing has made me insanely happy!

Congratulations! Keep on. I must admit that I fell off the wagon during this trial. GRRRRRR. My fingers are red and sore right now :(

And what can Patty say? I think she already stated on some show that she and Arias had great childhoods. Also, as someone said above, apparently they fell out of touch up until Arias was arrested. Is this the only female friend Arias has to speak on her behalf? For such a manipulative chameleon, I would think she could have wheedled herself into someone's good graces but guess not.

BBM. only men. JA doesn't like women unless they're like her buddy donovan---not real bright and easily manipulated. other women are competition---plus, like sky hughes, women see right through her. she has no close female friends that we know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth