SIDEBAR #4- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 9m
Jodi Arias witness withdraws because of death threats http://azc.cc/A1h03

??? really - or should we not believe what MK says???!!!

:confused: If Jodi takes the stand today to plead for her life, can she just ramble on and on and on without being questioned? I've read/heard different takes on whether or not Juan can cross examine JA or whether she just makes a statement without any question/answer format. Stephen and Samantha were given a time limit for their respective statements for the prosecution, so will DB and JA have similar restrictions?

LOL Yes. Brown and Blue. Blue is unusual in a tri-color corgi. That fits, because he is entirely unusual, as evidence by his desire to have his teeth flossed and brushed nightly. True story, he demanded it from the time he was a puppy. Anything we are doing must include him in his mind.

That is too funny! I wish my sons took after Boycie in terms of demanding nightly flossing! It's so special and beautiful to have two different colored eyes.

Fox reporting several wits for JA to include former BF DB. Exaggeration no doubt on the word "several".

REMORSEFUL? You decide. (CMJA police int)

(referring to Ryan Burns
JA: …and we’ve been talking a lot. We try not to talk about that (the murder), because it’s kind of like --- ugghhh …. and plus Travis is my ex boyfriend but at the same time he’s my friend, so while I’m mourning my friend how do you talk to your new potential, possible, maybe person that you might start dating about your friend even though he’s your ex boyfriend. So it’s kind of a grey area.
---------------------

JA: I remember we knelt by his bed once and umm… and… surprisingly, he suggested it. Normally, you know, we would… I would suggest that we pray before we go on a trip or before we would eat, before lunch…

DF: It was kind of unusual for him, huh?

JA: Yeah, ‘cos he was very resistant to prayer …
-----------------------
JA: …I talked to his Bishop, and his Bishop did say that Travis really took that one hard, and he said he took it to heart and he realizes that it’s speaking from a Bishop’s perspective he said it’s because, you know, Mimi is of a certain caliber when it comes to her spirituality and Travis was just in another place.

--------------
JA: Because I wasn’t… I mean I had moved away but I had participated with him in so many things that kept us both down spiritually for a long time. I mean if I had just cut ties completely I could probably be married right now. I could probably be working on my own family… umm…

--------------

DF: You were, because that’s when the blood was left on… the bloody palm print was left on his wall. I don’t know what to tell you. If you were in my shoes and I had this evidence against… against you, what would you say?

JA: If I had that evidence against you?

DF: Yeah!

JA: It would be pretty obvious, but I guess being in my position I’d … it just seems so impossible. I’d want to see it, I’d want to know, I mean…I’m not like.. I’m not a murderer but I guess if I were to do that I’d wear gloves.
------------------
JA: Well, my reputation will affect the rest of my life, so I am worried about my reputation.
------------
DF: Then what can you tell me about his death?

JA: You know a lot more about it than I do.

--------------
DF: Why do you feel responsible? If you felt responsible it means you know something else.
A: No, because I…

DF: It means your actions led to his death.

JA: Because he always has guilted me. He has always guilted me, and, the last time…

DF: So you feel… you feel somebody else killed him?

JA: Well, yeah!

---------------
DF: Why is everybody saying that you had something to do with his death? Why is everybody saying that you are capable of hurting him? Everybody says that. So don’t tell me that you’re not capable.

JA: I don’t even hurt spiders

------------------
JA: Oh… I kicked the dog once. I was a freshman in high school, and I love, love, love animals and one… we had this dog. His name was Doggy Boy, and my parents, until this dog that they have now, have never been able to and I don’t mean just them, we as a family, have never been able to care for a dog properly as far as give it attention or take it for walks or be consistent. Umm… so this dog stayed in the back yard a lot and stayed tied up on... in the shade.. with plenty of, you know, leeway. At one point, though, he was untied, and I took the trash out and he, and this is when my little brother and sister were still in diapers, and he tore, it was diaper trash. He tore diapers all over the yard, and, of course, I had to clean it up and when diapers get wet and they’re like jelly, spongy weird stuff.

DF: Mm hmm.

JA: and, I just… I got mad and I… I just kicked him with my right foot, and he just moved a few feet, and he didn’t yelp or anything, but he just went… he ran away and I never saw him again after that, and…I mean that’s probably an anger issue, I guess, but…

JA: It changed my world as far as animal treatment goes, because… I just…I’ve never seen him since, and I need to apologize for that, to him, I know it sounds weird. My relationship with animals is kinda’ like, they’re like people, too, you know they have souls.

DF: What you need to do is, you need to apologize to Travis.
---------------
DF: Just what…because I know this thing has to be weighing pretty heavy on you.

JA: I’ve been trying to put his death behind me.
-----------
CMJA is crying….

DF: Jodi, we’re here now. We’re right here.

DF: I think you’re feeling the reality in the moment now.

JA: No, I’m just …feeling all of the things that I’m going to potentially miss out on with my family…and it’s…it’s not fair.
--------------

DF: You know the person’s family who was hurt, they’re obviously hurting, but there’s a second family that hurts as well, and in this case, it’s your family -- your brothers, your sister, your mom and your dad.

JA: (Unintelligible)

DF: Yeah.

JA: I just wish they wouldn’t hurt. It would be so much easier for me….
-------------------
JA: I know that he’s in a good place, and I know that he’s fine. I know that he’s doing great, but what about all of his friends…all of his family that are here and they’re just going through all this, and I know that it’s temporary, but it’s so very much right now.

---------------
DF: Nobody else did this... You were the only one. That is it, and I’m not seeing any remorse

JA: Well…(silence).

------------

JA: I’m…you know, if I did that, I would … I would be fully ready to face the consequences. Umm…I’m not really for things like, you know…I’m all for the 10 Commandments, Thou Shalt Not Kill…

JA: Umm…you know I’ve never been one for an eye for an eye but they took his life, and even the book of Mormon says that…umm…that…that that calls for the life of the person who took his life.

Ugh...Ted Rowlands on HLN talking about jury might have hard time sentencing her to death because "she's a very smart woman....VERY intelligent...she could be VERY useful to others in prison...maybe helping them with their law appeals"..............WTF????? TED ROWLANDS STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad there are not people like Ted Rowlands on this jury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:floorlaugh:

Ya, she could teach them how to dress as ninjas.
How to steal pencils
How to fake a "fog"
How to fake crying
How to lie
How to decapitate someone
How to dispose of weapons in the desert
How to throw everyone under the bus
How to drag the name and memory of a good man through the mud
How to stab someone 29 times

and the list goes on!

Ted Rowlands.......hmmmm.......'nuff said:floorlaugh:

yes - I had the same sort of reaction. the thought goes through my mind that if i had done what jodi did i wouldn't be able to live with myself. but she's so twisted that she doesn't think that way. she's like a sub-human - like a type of reptile - because of the horrible things she has done and all so she's a "failed unit" - a 'defective' for lack of a better term. so really the kindest thing to do is put her to sleep.

I have to say that I do find myself staring at her, watching her, catching myself shaking my head all the while, but with an intense morbid fascination. As though she were a strange, mysterious alien creature from another planet. But what she really is, is a monster, a real live monster, at least imo. Also, abnormal psychology was my favorite class in college, and she fits well into the abnormal category. She's like a horror movie. I like horror movies, but I would never, never want to experience what's happening in them for real. That's CKJA, a strange creature, an evil monster, a horror movie all rolled into one.

:floorlaugh:

Note to wilmott: Don't forget to bring some sliced onion with you when you meet with JA this morning. :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Yep ... and she's going to need a sack of 'em ...

:waitasec: or maybe they can borrow those "tear thingies" that actors use so that Jodi "cries right" ...

:confused: If Jodi takes the stand today to plead for her life, can she just ramble on and on and on without being questioned? I've read/heard different takes on whether or not Juan can cross examine JA or whether she just makes a statement without any question/answer format. Stephen and Samantha were given a time limit for their respective statements for the prosecution, so will DB and JA have similar restrictions?

If she does ramble on and on I hope and pray the entire courtroom falls asleep.

I completely agree!

Hey guys, I asked this last night in the general questions thread, but I don't think that thread gets looked at much so I'm reposting here. Hope you don't mind.

Question about JA's final story on what happened.

I've read a lot about this case but I didn't follow the trial live and I don't know much about JA's testimony--it seems mostly irrelevant stuff tended to get picked up and reposted a lot. (Maybe most of what she said was irrelevant?)

Meanwhile, I've seen endless speculation about the details of the murder itself--shot first v. stabbed first, what happened to the weapons, where did the gun come from (and where was she hiding it before she shot him?), etc.

Does JA not answer *any* of this in her 'self-defense' version of the story? I realize she can't really be believed on anything at this point, but did the prosecution not ever ask her what she did with the weapons, why she put the camera in the washer, etc?

The ME states the gunshot was last. Weapons we don't know where they are. That's when Jodi states the "fog" set in with her memory. Her Grandparents had a gun stolen days before the murder. Where Jodi just so happened to live. It was the same type of gun. Jodi hides behind her "fog" as to any details. Jodi's story is she dropped the camera while taking the shower pics. Travis freaked. Came at her threw her to the ground and she ran for the gun in the closet. Stated Travis had a gun. Jumped up to a shelf to retrieve the gun and proceeded to shoot Travis. All lies. The evidence shows she lied.

BBM: I would NOT believe anything that comes out of his mouth ... he makes me :furious: ...

His outrageous criticism of Mr. Martinez is totally uncalled for and disgusting ... and it is NOT "journalism" !

He is sooooooooo jealous of Mr. M ...

:seeya:

I call BS! Lol, there is enough info on her that indicates a more serious issue as to why she won't be on the stand.
Notice Only she and ALV have gotten death threats....

kpm - I'm from Michigan, also. By chance is your first name Kathy & your last name VERY Italian?

Ha ha ha....not a Kathy but I am Italian but my last name would never indicate that!

Wow! You mean you're not the KPM I thought you were? haha! Out of the 9 million people who live in Michigan, I was sure there was only one w/your initials! Forgive me...this trial is making me STUPID! Don't know about you, but 1:00 can't get her soon enough for me. I'm getting a little concerned that a couple of these jurors may have a hard time putting pen to paper when it comes to sentencing her to death.

Ugh...Ted Rowlands on HLN talking about jury might have hard time sentencing her to death because "she's a very smart woman....VERY intelligent...she could be VERY useful to others in prison...maybe helping them with their law appeals"..............WTF????? TED ROWLANDS STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad there are not people like Ted Rowlands on this jury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, sure, she could tithe a portion of her paralegal work to those less fortunate, just like she does her commissary. I'm sure that would be very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth