SIDEBAR #4- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i started re- listening to jodi's fox 10 interveiw ...she's toast if Juan shows this...

absolute toast. I literally need to go pray...because she is someone's daughter, and I don't know what all any mother did to deserve a child like Jodi...now she will get death...and jodi is going to be in for a shock when everyone forgets about her...when she appeals...I don;t see movie stars behind her or anything she is envisioning for herself...

if she is sentenced to death it's going to be a shock...she will miss her pink blankies and her sweet little cell at the jail.

omigod.... so young.

Surely a defense tactic of some sort. JA's mother seems to have become quite close to her daughter since the arrest. I'm sure she'd testify on JA's behalf if requested.

BBM

That is simply JA manipulation, again. She wanted nothing (or little) to do with her mother prior to being arrested. Now her mother is literally all she's got so their relationship magically recovers. Don't be fooled by JA.

Howdy...is it still 10:30a Phoenix start time? I know it's on here somewhere but just need a quick answer. Thanks!

Scheduled start time is 10:00am Phoenix (PST) time (11am MST, 12pm CST, 1pm EST).

Imagine what the jury will think after hearing they will hear from cmja's childhood friend and only DB testifies. Yet another lie.

No, they should be there. Not being there may cause the jury to speculate that something is wrong or that they don't care whether she gets life or death.

I hope they leave just for Arias' speech. I'm going to find it galling to listen to, myself.

BBM

That is simply JA manipulation, again. She wanted nothing (or little) to do with her mother prior to being arrested. Now her mother is literally all she's got so their relationship magically recovers. Don't be fooled by JA.

Ya know the way she said she did not deserve her mother???
It sounded "self serving" to me.

Her mom didn't deserve a child like JA.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

"When you understand who Ms. Arias is, you will understand that life is the appropriate sentence," Nurmi said.

:scared::floorlaugh::jail:

IMO, there is nothing she could say or do that would convince me she feels remorse for what she did to Travis....
she has no redeeming qualities, no friends and she was ready to kill again..
case closed in my book.

BBM

Agree! Jodi is facing the rest of her life in prison, which will be a very long, lonely time (whether or not she is given the DP). Who will be able to go thru the difficult process of becoming authorized to (non-contact) visit her? Who will talk to her during her 2 ten min phone calls per week? Her mom, and maybe her aunt, probably her dad. Her brother and sister? Who knows if they will want to speak to her, or travel the long distance to have a non-contact visit?

How many friends does she have? Apparently not many, as the DT has had a hard time finding those willing to speak on her behalf. Her Mom is pretty much all she has left.

IMO, she has earned every moment of misery, discomfort, loneliness, and sadness she will have for the rest of her life (however long that life is).

Hey guys, I asked this last night in the general questions thread, but I don't think that thread gets looked at much so I'm reposting here. Hope you don't mind.

Question about JA's final story on what happened.

I've read a lot about this case but I didn't follow the trial live and I don't know much about JA's testimony--it seems mostly irrelevant stuff tended to get picked up and reposted a lot. (Maybe most of what she said was irrelevant?)

Meanwhile, I've seen endless speculation about the details of the murder itself--shot first v. stabbed first, what happened to the weapons, where did the gun come from (and where was she hiding it before she shot him?), etc.

Does JA not answer *any* of this in her 'self-defense' version of the story? I realize she can't really be believed on anything at this point, but did the prosecution not ever ask her what she did with the weapons, why she put the camera in the washer, etc?

Agree! Jodi is facing the rest of her life in prison, which will be a very long, lonely time (whether or not she is given the DP). Who will be able to go thru the difficult process of becoming authorized to (non-contact) visit her? Who will talk to her during her 2 ten min phone calls per week? Her mom, and maybe her aunt, probably her dad. Her brother and sister? Who knows if they will want to speak to her, or travel the long distance to have a non-contact visit?

How many friends does she have? Apparently not many, as the DT has had a hard time finding those willing to speak on her behalf. Her Mom is pretty much all she has left.

IMO, she has earned every moment of misery, discomfort, loneliness, and sadness she will have for the rest of her life (however long that life is).

Agree except BBM

IMO her father washed his hands of her years ago, never referring to her as his daughter during police interview, showing up at court once. Probably the best thing he ever did was to write her off. :floorlaugh:

Had errands to run this morning and now I see Patti is out. Do we think SA will end up testifying? I don't see what DB could say that would mitigate this much, her art is just ridiculous (Juan should bring up JWG's art) and it does not mitigate this. As far as JA's words, that's a wild card. She really is puzzling, hard to even imagine what she'll do.

Work interferes so much sometimes. All these months and now I'll not be here to see how this all goes down. You are all so great about giving all of us that cannot watch, blow by blow info. I'm home for another hour and work until around 10pm. Thanks, it's very much appreciated.

The IRS is very strict with charity organizations that are tax free.

Yes they are. This is O/T, but since this is the side bar thread...

I was absolutely shocked to learn how much third parties charge charitable organizations to do their soliciting. Some states require the soliciting companies to file detailed records. I was shocked to find out that in many cases (I want to say more than half) the charitable organization - American Heart Association, local Police Benevolent Association, etc. - actually ended up paying more money to the soliciting company than the company actually collected on its behalf.

In many states, if you receive a telephone solicitation you can ask the solicitor what percentage of your donation would actually make it to the charity and they are obligated by law to tell you. That number is often less than 10 percent.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread...

You asked for it. First, one showing the "flying squirrel," the common resting position of the Corgi. Then, the Final Reclining Position, which he does not adopt until he is done being demanding for the day.

Maybe you've already mentioned this in a post I haven't seen, but are Boycie's eyes two different colors?

Hey guys, I asked this last night in the general questions thread, but I don't think that thread gets looked at much so I'm reposting here. Hope you don't mind.

Question about JA's final story on what happened.

I've read a lot about this case but I didn't follow the trial live and I don't know much about JA's testimony--it seems mostly irrelevant stuff tended to get picked up and reposted a lot. (Maybe most of what she said was irrelevant?)

Meanwhile, I've seen endless speculation about the details of the murder itself--shot first v. stabbed first, what happened to the weapons, where did the gun come from (and where was she hiding it before she shot him?), etc.

Does JA not answer *any* of this in her 'self-defense' version of the story? I realize she can't really be believed on anything at this point, but did the prosecution not ever ask her what she did with the weapons, why she put the camera in the washer, etc?

Oh all that was the time period she was in a "fog". :floorlaugh:

There was no fog, JA just lied on the stand about their being one. As did Samuels, a defense hired gun.

Have to tell you all this....
I bought an antique trunk at a thrift store last Thursday. I stopped there Friday after work to pick it up. As I was waiting in line I was looking at things that were in a small glass display cabinet. One of the things inside was a Christmas ornament.....a chubby little angel that was just adorable. The angel's dress was stamped with a name...it said "Travis."

My heart stopped, I got a lump in my throat, and then I broke out in a huge smile and said to my daughter, "Molly, look."

It took her a second, but then she said "Wow, that's cool mom."

Wonder if HLN WILL have ltd commercials today.
My notebook died again Saturday!!!

Good thing I have a birthday coming up but not in time to get a lap top for this.
Figures... Sigh

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members