SIDEBAR #4- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would one witness get death threats and not both? I call bs on that.

More likely she showed up last week in the same condition she was in on that tape and it was decided that, just perhaps,:floorlaugh: she wouldn't do JA any good. Also, she would have to submit to cross from JM, I think. With her background, that would be disastrous for JA.

ETA: apparently she would not be cross examined.

She probably withdrew because JM would tear her apart on the stand about her past mistakes. Cant say I blame her. JA isnt worth it.

I wouldn't believe a thing Keifer says- the truth probably has something more to do with her legal history than receiving death threats.

This was a ploy started by CA defense team and it worked for them. If Keifer's name is attached I am not buying what he is selling.

had no recollection of putting the camera in the washing machine.
I am surprised that she didn't take the camera with her to dispose of it as well. If she had her wits about her enough to know to take the gun with her, why wouldn't she take the camera too? Why leave bloodied clothes in the washing machine? It wasn't a neat and tidy thing.....maybe she thought that she could clean up after it and then realized she could do no more?
I am surprised that she didn't stuff everything into a big plastic garbage bag and dump it. She thought enough to dump her yoga pants and the gun, why not everything else?

Thanks. So did they ask her details anyway ("what did you do with the weapons?") and she just replied "fog" to each question? Or did they not bother asking?

Good Monday morning from Texas, we might get some much needed rain today. The lakes sure need it. Got a pot of beans on, need to remember to get Mrs. Renfo's chow chow to go over the crumbled up cornbread and beans with big slices of onions. Have potatoes for frying and haven't decided on the side meat yet. Maybe some pork chops or fish?

I know that even though I'm through with Jodi, I will watch her spew forth her lies knowing she'll be old news soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Sw5LPHOCR5o

Wow! You mean you're not the KPM I thought you were? haha! Out of the 9 million people who live in Michigan, I was sure there was only one w/your initials! Forgive me...this trial is making me STUPID! Don't know about you, but 1:00 can't get her soon enough for me. I'm getting a little concerned that a couple of these jurors may have a hard time putting pen to paper when it comes to sentencing her to death.

I'm NOT the only kpm!

or make reference to their own personal foibles etc? I didn't think that would be allowed. I also didn't think that the prosecution would be able to cross examine anything that JA says today except in their closing arguments to hammer home the facts

She probably withdrew because JM would tear her apart on the stand about her past mistakes. Cant say I blame her. JA isnt worth it.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 9m
Jodi Arias witness withdraws because of death threats http://azc.cc/A1h03

??? really - or should we not believe what MK says???!!!

Oh good grief. What an easy lie out for her-- she saw JM coming at her and fled. And she's CMJA's "friend?" Birds of a feather.

Wow! You mean you're not the KPM I thought you were? haha! Out of the 9 million people who live in Michigan, I was sure there was only one w/your initials! Forgive me...this trial is making me STUPID! Don't know about you, but 1:00 can't get her soon enough for me. I'm getting a little concerned that a couple of these jurors may have a hard time putting pen to paper when it comes to sentencing her to death.

I have a hard time believing CKJA will be able to pull off any shred of remorse. I think there is a good chance she'll attempt to justify, justify, justify.
Those jurors have heard it all before from her, and when she starts her usual "I'm a victim I tell ya" song and a dance (with a little fog thrown in) I think it just might encourage anyone on the fence to vote for death.

The only person that is getting death threats is Jodi.
Geez
From Juan.
Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

How did investigators find out about the gas cans? There was a receipt for 1, but who told them about the other 2?

Probably tracing Arias' trip, Darryl probably slipped up. I bet the cops have more on Darryl and MM then what came out in court...perhaps stolen property. ...from Gpa's house.

Jodi probably told her formers to get rid of the goodies when cops started questioning her more about Travis' murder.

I don't think the jury is going to care too much what JA might say. It's not like they would have any reason to believe anything she says at this point.

i heard a legal guy on tv [ dan abrahms i think ] say this morning that if jodi talks to the jury today she isn't under oath and cannot be cross-examined. so wouldn't that be the case of anyone else --speaking on jodi's behalf--as well?

off topic from the trial. some good news about my cqt :drumroll: he's 14 with kidney disease. i recently started him on a homemade diet for cats with KD, with the help of knowwhatyoufeed website. i got the recipes from the owner of the company, and buy the alnutrin supplement to add to the food. voila, he has so much improved. Gained wt. his fur went from shabby to gorgeous. He is so content. runs around and plays like a kitten. He had been on the prescription diet for at least 5 years, and just stopped eating. i guess he was tired of it.
i'm going to forever cook for the cat. wish i had known about this sooner. just wanted to share.

What is the recipe?

REMORSEFUL? You decide. (CMJA police int)

(referring to Ryan Burns
JA: …and we’ve been talking a lot. We try not to talk about that (the murder), because it’s kind of like --- ugghhh …. and plus Travis is my ex boyfriend but at the same time he’s my friend, so while I’m mourning my friend how do you talk to your new potential, possible, maybe person that you might start dating about your friend even though he’s your ex boyfriend. So it’s kind of a grey area.---------------------

JA: I remember we knelt by his bed once and umm… and… surprisingly, he suggested it. Normally, you know, we would… I would suggest that we pray before we go on a trip or before we would eat, before lunch…

DF: It was kind of unusual for him, huh?

JA: Yeah, ‘cos he was very resistant to prayer …
-----------------------
JA: …I talked to his Bishop, and his Bishop did say that Travis really took that one hard, and he said he took it to heart and he realizes that it’s speaking from a Bishop’s perspective he said it’s because, you know, Mimi is of a certain caliber when it comes to her spirituality and Travis was just in another place.

--------------
JA: Because I wasn’t… I mean I had moved away but I had participated with him in so many things that kept us both down spiritually for a long time. I mean if I had just cut ties completely I could probably be married right now. I could probably be working on my own family… umm…

--------------

DF: You were, because that’s when the blood was left on… the bloody palm print was left on his wall. I don’t know what to tell you. If you were in my shoes and I had this evidence against… against you, what would you say?

JA: If I had that evidence against you?

DF: Yeah!

JA: It would be pretty obvious, but I guess being in my position I’d … it just seems so impossible. I’d want to see it, I’d want to know, I mean…I’m not like.. I’m not a murderer but I guess if I were to do that I’d wear gloves.
------------------
JA: Well, my reputation will affect the rest of my life, so I am worried about my reputation.
------------
DF: Then what can you tell me about his death?

JA: You know a lot more about it than I do.

--------------
DF: Why do you feel responsible? If you felt responsible it means you know something else.
A: No, because I…

DF: It means your actions led to his death.

JA: Because he always has guilted me. He has always guilted me, and, the last time…

DF: So you feel… you feel somebody else killed him?

JA: Well, yeah!

---------------
DF: Why is everybody saying that you had something to do with his death? Why is everybody saying that you are capable of hurting him? Everybody says that. So don’t tell me that you’re not capable.

JA: I don’t even hurt spiders

------------------
JA: Oh… I kicked the dog once. I was a freshman in high school, and I love, love, love animals and one… we had this dog. His name was Doggy Boy, and my parents, until this dog that they have now, have never been able to and I don’t mean just them, we as a family, have never been able to care for a dog properly as far as give it attention or take it for walks or be consistent. Umm… so this dog stayed in the back yard a lot and stayed tied up on... in the shade.. with plenty of, you know, leeway. At one point, though, he was untied, and I took the trash out and he, and this is when my little brother and sister were still in diapers, and he tore, it was diaper trash. He tore diapers all over the yard, and, of course, I had to clean it up and when diapers get wet and they’re like jelly, spongy weird stuff.

DF: Mm hmm.

JA: and, I just… I got mad and I… I just kicked him with my right foot, and he just moved a few feet, and he didn’t yelp or anything, but he just went… he ran away and I never saw him again after that, and…I mean that’s probably an anger issue, I guess, but…JA: It changed my world as far as animal treatment goes, because… I just…I’ve never seen him since, and I need to apologize for that, to him, I know it sounds weird. My relationship with animals is kinda’ like, they’re like people, too, you know they have souls.

DF: What you need to do is, you need to apologize to Travis.
---------------
DF: Just what…because I know this thing has to be weighing pretty heavy on you.

JA: I’ve been trying to put his death behind me.
-----------
CMJA is crying….

DF: Jodi, we’re here now. We’re right here.

DF: I think you’re feeling the reality in the moment now.

JA: No, I’m just …feeling all of the things that I’m going to potentially miss out on with my family…and it’s…it’s not fair.
--------------

DF: You know the person’s family who was hurt, they’re obviously hurting, but there’s a second family that hurts as well, and in this case, it’s your family -- your brothers, your sister, your mom and your dad.

JA: (Unintelligible)

DF: Yeah.

JA: I just wish they wouldn’t hurt. It would be so much easier for me….
-------------------
JA: I know that he’s in a good place, and I know that he’s fine. I know that he’s doing great, but what about all of his friends…all of his family that are here and they’re just going through all this, and I know that it’s temporary, but it’s so very much right now.

---------------
DF: Nobody else did this... You were the only one. That is it, and I’m not seeing any remorse

JA: Well…(silence).

------------

JA: I’m…you know, if I did that, I would … I would be fully ready to face the consequences. Umm…I’m not really for things like, you know…I’m all for the 10 Commandments, Thou Shalt Not Kill…

JA: Umm…you know I’ve never been one for an eye for an eye but they took his life, and even the book of Mormon says that…umm…that…that that calls for the life of the person who took his life.

BBM

Also when she talking about Ryan Burns and they (she) didn't want to talk about "it," she said something like "I just wanted to put it behind me, but nobody was letting me, they just kept bringing it up..." I just nearly fell off my chair when I heard that.

And I agree with another posted one here who said that she actually killed the dog, not just kicked it. That would explain why the dog was never seen again. That's probably one of the practices she got with knives and blood.

maybe PW wouldnt have gotten death threats if she hadnt made the media rounds like she did...DB hasnt been seen anywhere except jodis pics ;)

Grammy717..... Where in the mitten do you live? If ya don't mind telling....

i heard a legal guy on tv [ dan abrahms i think ] say this morning that if jodi talks to the jury today she isn't under oath and cannot be cross-examined. so wouldn't that be the case of anyone else --speaking on jodi's behalf--as well?

Jodi will be asked by the judge if she has anything to say, allocution

Allocution is a procedure during sentencing by which a convicted person is given opportunity to address a judge. This is done after being found guilty and before sentence is pronounced. The judge asks the defendant whether s/he has any thing to say on the sentencing. The defendant may request for a less sentence, may make an apology, and may give an explanation for his /her criminal conduct. The defendant need not be sworn before s/he makes his/her address. His/her statements are not subject to cross-examination.

I think any of her witnesses will be sworn and can be crossed and subject to juror questions as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth