SIDEBAR #4- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i heard a legal guy on tv [ dan abrahms i think ] say this morning that if jodi talks to the jury today she isn't under oath and cannot be cross-examined. so wouldn't that be the case of anyone else --speaking on jodi's behalf--as well?

Yes, cross-examination is over, trial is over, this is the mitigation phase. After everyone had talked the DT and the Prosecution will say some things to point out the good things about JA (if DT chooses to) and the Prosecution will point out the uselessness of what was said and close this phase up.

Diana Alvear ‏@AlvearDiana 5m
#JodiArias asks judge for mistrial after friend #PattyWomack decides not to testify as character witness, citing threats on her life.
Retweeted by Jeffrey Evan Gold

eta: BS!

i heard a legal guy on tv [ dan abrahms i think ] say this morning that if jodi talks to the jury today she isn't under oath and cannot be cross-examined. so wouldn't that be the case of anyone else --speaking on jodi's behalf--as well?

Im not sure how that works. Someone said if she just reads a statement from her seat she cant be questioned but if she gets on the stand to talk she can. I really dont know though.

#JodiArias asks judge for mistrial after friend #PattyWomack decides not to testify as character witness, citing threats on her life.

ok. See another Jodi scheme at work. Not gonna happen.

Nice try JA..

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Why would one witness get death threats and not both? I call bs on that.

BINGO!!! Also gave the DT another opportunity to file a mistrial motion

Defense attorneys for Jodi Arias filed a motion for mistrial Sunday after a witness who was supposed to testify as to Arias’ character withdrew because she was being threatened.

MK didn't even get the correct spelling of her name....he needs to read WS to get his facts straight

Patricia Womack, a friend of Arias, was supposed to testify Friday in Maricopa County Superior Court, but could not because the defense attorneys and the prosecutor spent the afternoon behind closed doors, ostensibly arguing over the defense case.

So, I am sure we can expect a delay while they conduct a closed door hearing....:banghead::banghead:

Re the Petit murder/s mentioned above: 2 miscreants broke into a CT home, bludgeoned the dad and tied him up in the basement, tied the 11 yo and 17 yo daughters up in a bedroom, drove their mom to the bank to get cash, returned and raped the 11 yo, raped/strangled the mom, doused the girls with gas and set them and the house on fire while seriously injured dad escaped the basement and reached a neighbor's house to call for help....

And it took the jury 17 hrs. to return with a verdict of death.

Note to self: never step foot in Connecticut

I followed this story and, at least initially, I'm sure the jurors wanted answers to questions surrounding the dad. I mean, he was the only one to escape so I could see a rational person probing his situation to make sure he had no involvement at all...which was the case.

Any juror would feel terribly if they sentenced the two known scumbags to death if there was some possibility that the dad was more involved than reported.

CT is no less safe, or made up of more whackos, than any other state, IMO.

Good Monday morning from Texas, we might get some much needed rain today. The lakes sure need it. Got a pot of beans on, need to remember to get Mrs. Renfo's chow chow to go over the crumbled up cornbread and beans with big slices of onions. Have potatoes for frying and haven't decided on the side meat yet. Maybe some pork chops or fish?

I know that even though I'm through with Jodi, I will watch her spew forth her lies knowing she'll be old news soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Sw5LPHOCR5o

Good morning to you fellow Texan! I have lived here since I was 6 months old. Grew up in Amarillo, went to college in Austin, law school in San Antonio, lived in Houston (yuck) a few years after that, now back in Austin. Where are you in our most awesome shaped state?

I don't think JA will testify. She'll definitely make a statement. She'll prolly wax rhapsodic about herself telling a VERY skeptical jury that she has been maligned, trashed and mischaracterized--may even continue to bash Travis, etc...OR she could throw a curve ball and talk about how her whole life she has felt like something is WRONG with her and she has no control over her actions. But she is probably to narcissistic for that. She prolly go with I've been trashed, maligned, etc...

Good morning all!

Omg. Why would that constitute a mistrial? The girl has not seen her in years.

true or not?

seen on twitter also that patti has withdrawn to testify

Ahhhhhh so that is why Nurmi met with her at the jail.
JSS will just say no.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

dsoifdsaoihodsf.....that's me taking my rage out on the keyboard. This is all a Jodi ploy....I knew when I saw that first tweet from Michael what's his name, that the defense would go there again.

THIS IS ALL JODI"S PLOY. Remember Patti is her friend? Donovan probably staged the threat (as "proof" to show JSS), and Jodi talked Patti into backing out and claiming this "threat." THIS WAS ALL SET UP BY JODI, PATTI, and DONOVAN. They're all of the same ilk.

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 2m

Developing #JodiArias trial news from @michaelbkiefer http://ow.ly/1WscUZ #Arias witnesses withdraws, claims threats. #TravisAlexander

Well people claimed JW was faking her death threat(s) and then they found and arrested the person who did make some calls, so I wouldn't automatically say it's fake. We just don't know at this point. I won't make an assumption it's fake until I get some kind of official word on that.

#JodiArias expected to show her art to the jury as part of her penalty phase statement. Should be interesting.

:eyeroll: :facepalm: :banghead:

Same reporter always seems to have the scoop on ALV, now this Patty (the non-sober one that calls into NG) that was suppose to testify on Arias' behalf. cozy with Arias DT.

Why would anyone threaten Patty? It would be in everyone's best interest if the jury did see Patty try and plead for Jodi's life, if ya know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487