SIDEBAR #4- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grammy717.....are you from GP by chance?

Would it be backed out or maybe it's that they are scared of Juan's cross...I read somewhere that Patti has a little, umm, history with the law. NOt sure though so don't take my word. But I'm thinking this is why the defense has changed their mind...I don't think it's necessarily that she backed out....

So besides herself, that leaves only DB who is an ex-boyfriend to speak on her behalf to spare her the DP? If I were on the jury, this alone would speak volumes.

The guy with the flugelhorn is my cousin! Way before Mr. Mertz, I had a boyfriend who was a classical pianist and he would CRINGE at the opening notes, infamously saying "Feels So Good, Sounds So Bad"... dragged him to a Chuck concert once and thereafter he refused to go.

Mr. Mertz wants me to share this - some of his favorite music:

THE RIPPINGTONS / TAOS - YouTube

Hauntingly beautiful! I'm a big fan of R Carlos Nakai.

[video=youtube;b8UGp-s7Auo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8UGp-s7Auo&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Yup, that or different levels of incarceration allow different things. Here you cannot smoke in provincial jails (those in for less then 2 yrs or awaiting trial) but federal inmates can smoke. Maybe they do something similar there where the "jail" inmates cannot smoke etc but long term prison inmates can? Personally I don't think Stabby should have pencils or pens because of her Stabby-ness. Chalk maybe? But not sharp implements, noo way!

Crayons? ;)

I thought the 2 were borrowed from DB. Maybe he told it when police questioned him.

That's what I recall. And I think JA testified to that herself. AND....as I recall DB testified that they were not returned.

Smoking is not allowed indoors in the jails and prisons.

100% Smokefree and Tobacco- Free Correctional Facilities
April 5, 2013

Federal

In July 2004, the Federal Bureau of Prisons made all facilities under its control 100% smokefree.
Correctional facility inmates, employees, and visitors must observe the policy.

The American Jail Association, the American Correctional Association, and the National Commission on Correctional Health (NCCHC) have adopted smokefree resolutions that promote smokefree policies in jails and prisons – these are recommendations not mandates.

States and Commonwealths

Correctional facilities are 100% smokefree and tobacco-free indoors and outdoors on all grounds:
(see link below for states included)

Correctional facilities are 100% smokefree indoors and outdoors on all grounds:

Correctional facilities are 100% smokefree and tobacco-free indoors:

Correctional facilities are 100% smokefree indoors:
Arizona

Link for information on each state listed under each section:
http://www.no-smoke.org/pdf/100smokefreeprisons.pdf

Ok so now we know that commissary list is over 9 years old.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

This is the last music video I'll post today as we'll soon be getting into the trial. Especially for FMJA.
[video=youtube;3s3vHFyybxk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s3vHFyybxk[/video]

You asked for it. First, one showing the "flying squirrel," the common resting position of the Corgi. Then, the Final Reclining Position, which he does not adopt until he is done being demanding for the day.

I'm officially very much in love with Boycie!!!

I hate to say this, but if one of my old friends murdered someone in this manner, I would not speak on their behalf in Court. I just wouldn't want my name associated in anyway. Much less, if we haven't talked in years, I probably know nothing of them currently, so what difference would it make? I tend to forget people that are gone from my life for years, call me shallow, but my mind just forgets. Of course, I would not be doing t.v. interviews either.

As far as it being legal or not to say you are donating funds to a charity, I'm not sure, but would say it is not. However, JA is not responsible for that website, what it says, what it does. That is her *friend* doing that. Even if JA tells the adult friend to do it, any repercussions fall on the person doing it, not the person that is in 23 hour lockdown with no access to a computer. The adult friend can simply choose not to do it and put herself in danger of breaking any laws "on behalf of anyone." That doesn't hold up in Court, so don't do it.

I agree. I wouldn't come within a hundred feet of a circus like this. I'd have to stay out entirely.

You are correct. Years ago I did some pro bono work for a dog rescue group and there are regulations about how you can solicit donations. The laws vary by state. I'm not sure if/when/to what extent those laws are enforced, though.

Around here we have many "Donate to the Smith family, who lost everything in a fire" kinds of collections, even fundraising dinners/dances, etc. The money collected goes straight to the family. However, the donor does not get any tax break for this because the Smith family is not an IRS-registered non-profit.

If you buy a t-shirt from a registered non-profit, you cannot deduct that from your taxes because you received goods for your money. If, however, the t-shirt sales specifically states "$20 of every sale goes to Charity X" and you pay $30 for the t-shirt, you can deduct the $20 from your taxes.

If they are plain citizens soliciting funds "for Jodi" and not giving her 100%, they are committing fraud. If they are a registered non-profit - which I doubt - they are scot-free as long as they obey the rules of non-profits, including filing tax returns.

Good morning everyone! I'm a former lurker and 1st time poster. I feel privileged to be able to join such a great group of folks! I enjoyed all the great videos last night.

I've been trying to keep up with this trial but my job has interfered a lot. Reading here has been so helpful. I have a ways to go in learning the technical aspects of the forum, like getting an avatar.

Would someone please tell me who "Patti" is? She was mentioned upthread as a possible mitigating witness. Thanks.

I'm so happy to be here!
Justice for Travis!!

:welcome5:

I think she worked really hard to earn the death penalty. She really went above and beyond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct. Years ago I did some pro bono work for a dog rescue group and there are regulations about how you can solicit donations. The laws vary by state. I'm not sure if/when/to what extent those laws are enforced, though.

The IRS is very strict with charity organizations that are tax free.

:wave:

I missed all of you weirdos over the weekend.

Are we ready for more Jodi-speak today? Ugh. Bring your ear plugs.

Missed you, too!

Jodi's list of things to do this morning:

Retrieve prisoner pencil from hiding place....

Consult thesaurus .... alternatives needed for words like grief, remorse, sadness, regret.

Style bangs with smuggled in KY Jelly.

Send request to wear black "Survivor" t-shirt to court... Order one for BFF Jenny.

Search bathroom walls for a clever tweet to give Donovan after court.

thinking about the first time I watched the interrogation videos and when Detective Flores said, "My job is to speak for Travis," I cried.

So besides herself, that leaves only DB who is an ex-boyfriend to speak on her behalf to spare her the DP? If I were on the jury, this alone would speak volumes.

DB's already shown himself to be a boob. they buy a house together and she's working 3 jobs to pay her half of the mortgage. then she gets her head turned by the mormons, quits her jobs and leaves him holding the bag for the whole mortgage, and the house goes into foreclosure. she stops sleeping with him and dumps him for another guy.

and this is her only defender? darryl's dumb, but at least he was smart enough not to marry her. that's about the best i can say for him.

Here's the Commissary List for Perryville. Jodi will be a Level 5 inmate (the baddest of the bad). This list is for Level 4, but I would imagine it will be similar. You can see which appliances she can buy here:

http://free-kevin-walsh.tripod.com/asp_commissary_list.html

She HAS to buy from the commissary. Her family cannot buy her a TV, fan, radio etc. and give it to her.

If someone can find which TV channels she will be able to watch, please post it for us. I was not able to find out. :twocents:

HERE is the list we now know is Old.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

This is awesome. You know, isn't there a lot of tax and legal stuff you have to do if you plan on selling things for charity in the manner Jodi is? I could be wrong about that but either way isn't it a huge no-no to say you're donating proceeds to charity and then doing something else with it?

The Scamanthonys got away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member