SIDEBAR #46 - Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the juror list is back up on JAII.

Joe Arpaio
‏@RealSheriffJoe I am denying all interviews with convicted killer #jodiarias while she remains in my custody.

Joe Arpaio ‏@RealSheriffJoe · Mar 6
Trying to put a stop to #jodiarias social media antics which she conducts from jail. May hit legal road block.

Back from playing outside.

I put up the standards that the "Innocence Project" uses here up in Flagstaff when looking at a case earlier in the thread but here it is again:

http://nau.edu/Arizona-Innocence-Project/Causes-of-Wrongful-Conviction/

Legal and social science scholars have identified six leading causes for wrongful conviction:
  • Police and Prosecutorial Misconduct
  • False Eyewitness Identification
  • False Confessions
  • Junk Science
  • Use of Jailhouse Informants
  • Ineffective Assistance of Counsel
In addition, a host of related concerns has been identified:

• Plea Bargaining
  • Coercive Police Interviewing Tactics
  • Felony Murder Statutes
  • Harmless Error Rulings

http://nau.edu/Arizona-Innocence-Project/Cases/

Conditions for initial review

When AIP is contacted by a prisoner or on behalf of a prisoner, we conduct an initial review of the request focusing on the following points of emphasis:

• Was the crime committed in Arizona, 

• Does the prisoner have at least 8 years remaining on his/her sentence,
  • Is there a viable claim of actual innocence?

Due to the amount of time it takes to re-investigate old cases, the AIP has joined with most innocence projects across the United States to use the remaining time on an inmate’s sentence as one consideration in determining whether to accept a case.

There was also a tweet from Kathleen Zellner http://www.kathleentzellner.com/Firm-Overview.shtml that I didn't post. She was responding to if she'd take on CMJA's case. She said CMJA wasn't on the "short list", let alone the "long list" for defendants she'd be willing to take.

• Wrongful conviction, false arrest and false imprisonment: We fight on the side of individuals whose rights have been violated through false arrest, wrongful incarceration, improper prosecution and wrongful criminal conviction.

I doubt she'd even bother looking into a case in Arizona.

CMJA just doesn't have a case because she admitted killing Travis. And her defense spent over $3 million defending her........like WTH. I wonder how many defendants who had public defenders in the last 7+ years were told, "hey, we don't have the defense budget to investigate your case more thoroughly because CMJA is hogging the funds".

CMJA's defense costs came directly out of the funds appropriated for the Public Defender's Office through the County Attorney's Office. No school children were given less education, no public services were cut, none of the funds were taken from other resources. It was all in the County Attorney's budget.

And another quick "look see", JAII has the list on their most current page also. I have not found any "credible" news outlet that has stated Juror 17 has gotten any reliable death threats. Stick to the local news outlets, KPHO, KPNX, KTVK, the local Fox, and AZ Central/Arizona Repugnant, er, Arizona Republic, Keifer's stomping grounds.

I have had enough .... not watching any of the trial at this point. Someday? maybe. I really don't know. I wonder how many who are not already on the pay sites that purchased the videos are going to sign up so they can watch.
I only watched Tanisha's & Steven's VIS.
I started to watch Juan's opening, about 3 min. But Nurms was objecting so much, I mean every line with sometimes, 3 in one breath, I got physically sick & stopped.

Happy birthday to your daughter :party:

65108-Happy-Birthday-Cake.gif

Link: http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/65108-Happy-Birthday-Cake.gif?1

Oh, what a beautiful cake :happydance: and looks so tasty too. I would be more than happy to have a piece or two right now.

Well you know how I feel and I would love to believe you are right. But wouldn't that be double jeopardy? It seems it just wasn't in the cards for JA to get the DP. Whether MDLR had a part or how to prove it, I don't know. I know JM and JSS have other DP cases ahead of them so I don't know if they are even interested in JA anymore. The easy answer would be for JA to die in prison, the sooner the better.

Kind of off topic but not really...the way that MDLR or Aunt Sue will continue social media for JA, I wonder if they will help her write a book. I know JA isn't supposed to profit from the crime but the Alexander's couldn't sue because it would be by the Aunt or MDLR? Thoughts like these infuriate me. And yes, at one time I would have thought this whole trial would be the imagination of John Grisham or others. I keep saying nothing surprises me anymore and then I feel like I have been hit in the head.

As far as knowing the other 13 were voting for the DP, I doubt if it affects Jodi at all. I watched BK do her live video last night. She has really changed. She thinks we should all just move on, nothing can be done, and Jodi is going to prison for life, blah, blah, blah. I think she would give her last penny for a interview with Jodi. JMO, but I no longer care for Beth. I guess it's okay that I have changed my opinion of her? When her moderator blocked one of our WS members, I knew I would be done with her site after the sentencing and so I am. Just so disappointed!

I've flip-flopped too on my opinion of Beth Karas. When I first saw her I couldn't stand her voice- too high-pitched and nasal. Got past that and listened to her. When she was on HLN, she was very pro-prosecution, and a nice change from the negativity of Jean Casares. Now, I think she is just another talking head, and I can't afford $5.99/mo to get her "special" insights. I also didn't care for the fact that on her site Sky Hughes was apparently allowed to bash Juan's closing. That's NOT why Jodi didn't get the DP. Don't get me started on my opinion of the Hughes's!

I can accept the outcome. I do not like it but I can accept it. I am however having a very hard time with the idea that every single underhanded dirty disgusting move pulled by various players in this case will most likely go ignored. It still eats at me that Cindy Anthony was not charged with perjury. The idea that tweeting from court her personal account and tweeting for Jodi. out and out lying to the court about the VICTIM, allowing those lies to be told repeatedly for weeks on end, putting as many peoples lives in chaos as possible for as long as possible, organizing illegal 3 way calls with a convicted felon, smuggling contraband in and out of the jail, and now this juror wasting millions of dollars, will all go unchecked. People say the system is not broken, but it sure as heck looks like it to me.
BBM. Me too! She clearly lied on the stand about researching Chlorophyll on her home computer to save her murdering daughter's butt, when clearly she was at work at Gentiva Home Health Care at the time. It was Casey looking up Chloroform searches- not even close!!! GRRRRR! (smilies not working today for me)

• @troyhaydenfox10

Sources: Only 6 copies of list of jurors full names existed. Judge, two court aides, court reporter, and pros & def got 1 each. #jodiarias

4:23pm - 7 Mar 15

Videos from trial are being posted on the State vs Jodi Arias FB. I haven't watched any, so am not sure if they are "in full". Might be, if anyone is interested and wants to check the, out free. I think they are You Tube videos, too. They also have the juror interviews, etc. there

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 5h 5 hours ago
Re holdout juror: Judges I spoke to said there's no turning back and the only way to get a new trial would be to *overturn the conviction.
--------------------------------------------------

*Reasons to Receive a New Criminal Trial

"In the Interest of Justice
The court may overturn any conviction and grant a new trial if the interest of justice so requires. This means that it would be an injustice if the court didn't grant a new trial. The court has broad discretion to decide when a new trial is required. Various reasons have been held by courts to support a new trial under the interest of justice standard. Some examples include:
-Jury bias
-Jury misconduct ...
"

http://criminal.lawyers.com/criminal-law-basics/reasons-for-a-new-criminal-trial.html
---------

Reversing a Conviction

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-procedure/reversing-a-conviction.html
---

Motions to Set Aside Verdict or Vacate Judgment

"...At any time after a verdict, but before sentencing, the trial court may set aside or modify the verdict. At any time after the entry of a judgment (i.e., after sentencing), the sentencing court may vacate the judgment. A trial court may set aside a verdict on the following grounds:...

b. Juror misconduct or jury tampering, occurring out of the presence of the court, affecting a substantial right, and unknown to the defendant prior to the verdict;..."

http://www.etksdefense.com/motion_verdict_judgement.htm
---------------------

Surely, surely the state wouldn't ask for a mistrial, would they? Nightmare of nightmares. :scared:
Then I have to wonder if this was the plan all along by the killer and her DT. Nothing would surprise me. Knowing the remorseless killer, she would love to have a new trial.

I've flip-flopped too on my opinion of Beth Karas. When I first saw her I couldn't stand her voice- too high-pitched and nasal. Got past that and listened to her. When she was on HLN, she was very pro-prosecution, and a nice change from the negativity of Jean Casares. Now, I think she is just another talking head, and I can't afford $5.99/mo to get her "special" insights. I also didn't care for the fact that on her site Sky Hughes was apparently allowed to bash Juan's closing. That's NOT why Jodi didn't get the DP. Don't get me started on my opinion of the Hughes's![/QUOTE

ITA. I can learn to accept that JA got life in prison instead of the dp. I cannot and will not accept that a juror played the system. I want to see her prosecuted. It shouldn't bother her as she is used to having felons in her life. Now she is just one of them.

Holy moly ~ Just when you think this trial couldn't have gotten any crazier, IT DOES!
I have had a rough couple of days and can't believe what all I've missed. Going to catch up now...Just wanted to pop in to say hello :wave:

-----------
Me too Between everything here , my health , and computer problems I am way behind. :seeya:

:happydance:
I have had enough .... not watching any of the trial at this point. Someday? maybe. I really don't know. I wonder how many who are not already on the pay sites that purchased the videos are going to sign up so they can watch.
------------
Me too!! I an so fed up. Only way I will pay attention is by the law running a pole from her gazotch to top of her head and parading her thru the heart of downtown Cleveland. Hoping for some hearty soul to beat carp out of her at Perryville. It will happen, I'll no doubt be planted by then so all please have a beer in my honor....:loveyou:

I've flip-flopped too on my opinion of Beth Karas. When I first saw her I couldn't stand her voice- too high-pitched and nasal. Got past that and listened to her. When she was on HLN, she was very pro-prosecution, and a nice change from the negativity of Jean Casares. Now, I think she is just another talking head, and I can't afford $5.99/mo to get her "special" insights. I also didn't care for the fact that on her site Sky Hughes was apparently allowed to bash Juan's closing. That's NOT why Jodi didn't get the DP. Don't get me started on my opinion of the Hughes's!

See that's the deal~~the same complaints you may have about BK I saw last trial. I've never warmed up to her. Perhaps I'm just used to the overly passionate NG (& I have issues with her dramatic reporting :()

I've flip-flopped too on my opinion of Beth Karas. When I first saw her I couldn't stand her voice- too high-pitched and nasal. Got past that and listened to her. When she was on HLN, she was very pro-prosecution, and a nice change from the negativity of Jean Casares. Now, I think she is just another talking head, and I can't afford $5.99/mo to get her "special" insights. I also didn't care for the fact that on her site Sky Hughes was apparently allowed to bash Juan's closing. That's NOT why Jodi didn't get the DP. Don't get me started on my opinion of the Hughes's![/QUOTE

ITA. I can learn to accept that JA got life in prison instead of the dp. I cannot and will not accept that a juror played the system. I want to see her prosecuted. It shouldn't bother her as she is used to having felons in her life. Now she is just one of them.

BBM~ I agree 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member