SIDEBAR #46 - Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm

How in Hades does a person qualify to be a DP juror if their religion is opposed to it ? Does that not automatically make the juror anti death penalty, provided they actually practice their religion? This is just about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Are lawyers and the court not allowed to ask if a person's religion influences them when it comes to the DP ? This excuse IMO opinion verifies that juror 17 had an agenda. Unfreakingreal.

That's why the one juror, I think it was #4 a guy, said he was angry with her because all the others had set aside their religious beliefs to base their vote on the evidence. She brought it up in regards to death=revenge.

I think that's why the reporter asked her husband if it was due to religion. He of course said "no".

I have a feeling the juror won't "like" Nancy Grace much after tonight.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 9m9 minutes ago
Sky's having a hard time on air right now. :(

B_XLxKIUsAAjZ7w.jpg

Does anyone have a link to this interview or sound bite from Sky Hughes? I don't know where to find it. Thank you so much!

Does anyone have a link to this interview or sound bite from Sky Hughes? I don't know where to find it. Thank you so much!

Could be here?

Cathy @courtchatter
Gold Patrol tonight at 9pm est! Stay tuned for link #jodiarias #TravisAlexander

No link out yet that I can find, but here is the Gold Patrol's link: http://www.thegoldpatrol.com/

I just read the most heartless post on the Verdict discussion thread. OMG. I wish people would reserve their judgement of the Alexander family if they have never walked in their shoes. I am so angry, I am shaking. Yes, I personalized it. I have two words to say to anyone who says "they need to move on".

Juror #4 sounds pretty broken up :(

I didn't realize when I was in spa-time that my mailbox was full. Just checked my regular email for the first time in days and see a bunch of PM's from the past few days bounced back because of the full mailbox. I've emptied the thing if anyone wants to resend. Won't be back anywhere on the board anytime soon, but will check my emails more often now that this is over. :)

I just read the most heartless post on the Verdict discussion thread. OMG. I wish people would reserve their judgement of the Alexander family if they have never walked in their shoes. I am so angry, I am shaking. Yes, I personalized it. I have two words to say to anyone who says "they need to move on".

(((((Zuri))))))))

Some people are just heartless and don't know when to be quiet, IMO. There is no moving on because their brother was murdered (especially the images of the slaughter of Travis- those images will always be with them and who did that to him, no matter how they try to rid them from their minds). The images may dim one day, but they will never be gone completely. Their lives will never be the same- ever, because there is a big void in their lives and nothing will fill it.

:therethere:

Juror #4 sounds pretty broken up :(

I called Juror 4 the burly man. So you know this has really affected him. I shouldn't judge people by how they look, but I thought he looked like a strong, solid guy. I know even tough guys are sensitive inside. But the pain I hear in his voice is shaking me to the core because now Jodi has 11 more victims.

I just don't understand how this could happen. How could the judge not allow this juror to be replaced? Can she be sanctioned? This is such a travesty of justice. Is there anything that can be done?
Can anything be done since it was reported to the judge that the holdout juror had seen portions of the Lifetime movie?

Juror's (17) husband: 'She felt like she was being assaulted (with short video clip)'

"...The husband of the juror who wanted life in prison for Arias asked that his identity not be released since he says his family is already receiving threats.

Here is the full transcript:..."

http://www.kpho.com/story/28274746/...t-like-she-was-being-assaulted?autostart=true

According to the link YESorNO provided, the husband of juror 12 said she did not have a religious objection to the death penalty. She just didn't think it was warranted in this case.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 46m46 minutes ago
Juror says the issue with the hold out was that she has seen too much pretrial publicity (Lifetime movie, news) #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 46m46 minutes ago
Jury says the hold out watched the news and it was worth the risk to get an alternate to replace her #jodiarias #3tvarias

I Think JSS should have replaced her..esp. if she was watching the news and lifetime movies etc. about the case!!! Isn't that what they do when a juror has been compromised?

It's cold here and we actually had snow today, an amazing phenomenon for Texas this time of year. So decided to cook chili for dinner, am now waiting on it to finish cooking. Ok, I truly thought I was doing quite well, all afternoon I've just been going about my business, kind of as usual but with all of this still swimming around in my brain. I was able to tell myself that the verdict was a blessing in disguise, that now the killer will get less attention, and, etc., etc., etc. But then, I think this: But Travis' family did not get the justice they deserve. But Travis' family did not get the justice they deserve. And, repeat. I think you all know where I'm coming from.

Now after reading here, only a couple posts, lol, I realize I'm not doing as well as I thought. I guess it takes a while for it all to sink in with me... my life story perhaps. So now, I've got to get my emotions under control and get it together or my DH is gonna think I'm really losing it, LOL. Oh, it's not his fault, he just doesn't have the capacity to fully understand my passion for this case, he's all business, you know. It was the same with the Casey Anthony case too, btw. So it's not like I'm not used to it, :rolleyes:

More importantly, let me say that I've honestly always been kind of a loner, and just to want to reiterate some of the previous posts.
That is, that all of you here are the very best of the best, you truly are the bomb. :loveyou:

According to the link YESorNO provided, the husband of juror 12 said she did not have a religious objection to the death penalty. She just didn't think it was warranted in this case.

Really?? What BS!!!

Juror's (17) husband: 'She felt like she was being assaulted (with short video clip)'

"...The husband of the juror who wanted life in prison for Arias asked that his identity not be released since he says his family is already receiving threats.

Here is the full transcript:..."

http://www.kpho.com/story/28274746/...t-like-she-was-being-assaulted?autostart=true

I wonder if he realizes how unbelievable he sounds. There are 11 other human beings saying something else about his wife, the hold out, and he thinks we're going to believe him or her, the liar? Disgusting :stormingmad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV