DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 More Day!
Buh bye Jodi..
:happydance:
:jail:

Oh Yikes, in my excitement to type the daily countdown, I almost forgot to say........

Good Morning Sidebar Friends!
:loveyou:

I will be here tomorrow around 8 a.m. Jodi-time. Who else is joining us?

I'd like to and might do a bit of lurking, but I have a very busy work day tomorrow. Might have to catch up tomorrow night.

I'd like to and might do a bit of lurking, but I have a very busy work day tomorrow. Might have to catch up tomorrow night.

Me too Janx. Of all days to have with work meetings.

One day to the end.

Kensie and janx, you will be with us in spirit.

Zuri, I see you lurking here. What about you? Here tomorrow?

Thank you...I made the mistake of sitting outside on the deck and didn't think about wearing my mask (first spring/summer of wearing a mask) anyway, I forgot, and so many neighbors were mowing, cutting down tree limbs, general outside clean ups, and I'm paying dearly for it :( Doing mist breathing treatments with extra meds in the doses for times like this! Do feel better this am. Silly me...I will know next time...wear the mask!!!

Edit for this:
Breathing Machine is a Nebulizer for some reason what the machine's name is...my mind goes totally blank! :( All I can recall is breathing machine. I had to Google the word breathing machine:)

CJ, does your MD ever give you low dose steroids (Medrol Dose Pack) when you get this bad? Also, can you turn on your air conditioner? I assume you are using Albuteral and Atrovent in your nebulizer? Is your heart ok? I am concerned. I don't want you to be struggling to breathe. Not good. Thinking of you. Xo

Morning all! :wave:

1 More Day!
Buh bye Jodi..
:happydance:
:jail:

Oh Yikes, in my excitement to type the daily countdown, I almost forgot to say........

Good Morning Sidebar Friends!
:loveyou:

I will be here tomorrow around 8 a.m. Jodi-time. Who else is joining us?

Me!! :seeya: I'll also be watching HLN - but wondering if I should try one the live stream websites? Will HLN show EVERYTHING?? or go to commercial when it's time to sentence her?? :waitasec:

Watching bull riding, and next will be The Masters! Go Phil!!

Okay - going to see what else is new here!

:wave:

Zuri, I see you lurking here. What about you? Here tomorrow?

Yes, I will be checking in. I had made a hair appointment for 12:30 so I will take my iPad. Along with my Chelly Full of Nuts Iced Coffee. :)

Morning all! :wave:

Me!! :seeya: I'll also be watching HLM - but wondering if I should try one the live stream websites? Will HLN show EVERYTHING?? or go to commercial when it's time to sentence her?? :waitasec:

Watching bull riding, and next will be The Masters! Go Phil!!

Okay - to see what else is new here!

:wave:

HLN will televise it all. Won't go to break during sentencing; it never did in the past.

Yes, I will be checking in. I had made a hair appointment for 12:30 so I will take my iPad. Along with my Chelly Full of Nuts Iced Coffee. :)

oooooohhhh I like that...or....Chelly Chock full of Nuts.

reposting YESorNO's post somewhere above!

Monday live coverage (so far):

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 5h5 hours ago
Don't forget sentencing for #jodiarias is Monday at 8:30am MST! I will be there to bring you all the details!
-------------------

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 1h1 hour ago
In case you forgot, #JodiArias sentencing is Monday, April 13. Start time 8:30am AZ Time. #ObsessedTrialWatchers available at http://chopperrose.com .
---------------------------

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 1h1 hour ago
#JodiArias sentence will be live streamed Monday 4/13/15 @ 8:30amET at http://TheGoldPatrol.com
-------------

ABC15 Arizona ‏@abc15 5h5 hours ago
ABC15 Arizona retweeted MC Superior Court
Bookmark this page for LIVE VIDEO: http://on.abc15.com/1n3Nbzi #JodiArias #abc15 ABC15 Arizona added,

(MC Superior Court @courtpio
Sentencing in State v. #jodiarias is set for Monday 4/13 at 8:30 am. Judge Sherry Stephens has approved live coverage.)

**That is 8:30am AZ & PT, 9:30am MT, 10:30am CT and 11:30am ET
---------------------

HLN @HLNTV ·
‪#‎JodiArias‬ will be in court one final time as a judge decides her fate. Don't miss LIVE coverage Monday on ‪#‎HLN‬

**Emphasis on the time!! :wave:

I spent all day yesterday doing research on the virus that killed my two foals in utero. I called the pharmaceutical company that made the vaccine that is supposed to prevent Equine Herpes Virus 1 (EHV1). Their vet got right on the phone and opened a case file. She also called my vet for more information. It turned out they have offered to pay for both foal necropsies and have requested placenta tissue to study and use the results towards amending their vaccine to cover the mutant? strain that killed my foals.

I have figured out finally, what went wrong. There was cross contamination and exposure where the broodmares were boarded. This could have been prevented if proper precautions were taken. I haven't slept in 3 nights as this has both saddened and angered me. I just can't seem to get out of my own way. I don't deal with loss well and for some reason, this has put me over the edge.

How is this most recent mare doing?

There was that EHV 1 out break in Utah several years back where ground zero was a National cutting horse show. Here you have a virus that can be spread by aerosol, shared equipment, and horse to human back to horse contact. Then you have the "latent carriers" that have the virus and it only shows up during stress which makes show horses, horses moved from one facility to another, and pregnant horses at the top of the list.
How many people or boarding facilities actually quarantine horses for 14-21 days when they are first brought on or brought back to their places? And when you're dealing with live stallion stud service, how well is that breeding facility maintaining their "bio-security", for lack of a better word?

All it takes is that one idiot who's horse spikes a fever and shows mild symptoms, but blazes on to the next show, boarding facility, "fun ride", or breeding farm........and every horse is exposed, whether they show symptoms or not.

It's insane how complicated having an animal can get. I had to implement bio-security with my birds; chickens, peafowl, turkeys, geese, guinea fowl twice during a 15 year time span because of viruses that swept through 1 show (Colorado), and Exotic Newcastle that was brought into the US by a fighting *advertiser censored* in California, transmitted by several of the participants in the fighting to meat and egg facilities and a poultry breeder in Parker Arizona (where my hay deliveries where coming from).

Zuri, I'm really sorry about the loss of your 2 foals. I've got to believe someone "dropped the ball" somewhere along the line, and didn't take the proper precautions when they brought unknown horses onto their facilities. You'd at least expect them to want a 30 day health certificate and isolate them from the rest of the horses for 14 days.

Did your stud contract have GLF? Can you have your mares covered again or is it a done deal?

I just saw the first hummingbird of the season at one of the feeders!!

CJ, does your MD ever give you low dose steroids (Medrol Dose Pack) when you get this bad? Also, can you turn on your air conditioner? I assume you are using Albuteral and Atrovent in your nebulizer? Is your heart ok? I am concerned. I don't want you to be struggling to breathe. Not good. Thinking of you. Xo

I have a on going prescription at my pharmacy. Since they were closed last night, Hubby went this am pick it up. Yes, ran the air and I sleep with a filtered air room humidifier on at all times. Yes, use the meds as you stated. Heart, not so okay. When I had my Anaphylactic Shock I coded twice and it did damage to the back of my heart. I am on meds for this.

Thanks for your concern, I so appreciate it :) If I'm having issues tomorrow, will call my doctor, or of gets worse today will go ER. :blowkiss:

Thank you all for understanding that I just have needed to share and vent and I feel safe here to do so. Last night I wanted to sue everybody and their mother, which wouldn't have accomplished anything either.

The barn owner is in her early 30's and radio silent as she is scared to talk to me or face me. She has not taken the news well from my vet that the exposure was under her watch and due to her present policies. At all. I get no one likes to be told they are doing something wrong and what they could have done better. However, I am the one who has paid the huge price and I really hope she will institute the changes so this never happens again.

Thank you all so much. Xoxo

It's your call, but I'd be doing everything I could to make sure other boarders were aware of the situation. EHV 1 is a reportable disease on a State and/or Federal Animal Health Authority level. I hope your vet did just that.
The barn owner may have been ignorant to the fact it could happen on her watch, but she doesn't have the right to stay silent and expose other horses. She needs to be held accountable, by one form or another.

It's good to get angry, it's part of the mourning process. No one would fault you for that, NOT ONE BIT.

I will be here :) watching it on HLN and setting up my laptop in front of the TV. Be the first time I have really followed along with you all. :happydance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand