SIDEBAR #48 - Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For my wonderful Sidebar friends who are in any kind of distress, physical or emotional...there's always a sympathetic ear and encouraging word to be found here; day or night, there magically seems to be someone online on the Sidebar who will lend a shoulder to cry on. You folks are the best - so warm, compassionate and loving. And kind. And smart! And funny! A day without Websleuths is a sad day, indeed. :)

View attachment 72960

You are so sweet!! :loveyou:

1 More Day!
Buh bye Jodi..
:happydance:
:jail:

Oh Yikes, in my excitement to type the daily countdown, I almost forgot to say........

Good Morning Sidebar Friends!
:loveyou:

I will be here tomorrow around 8 a.m. Jodi-time. Who else is joining us?

Damn skippy I'm going to be here!!!!! And no tweet patrol, YAH!!!!!!
It better be live and no 30 minute delay! :gaah:Cross your fingers for stripes and shackles (JSS, keep it REAL, CMJA does NOT have the right to represent herself as an innocent "civilian"), and please let the murderer act up so we can see that ol' stun belt go off!

Chelly, your lyrical prose is spot on, hope ALV gets wind of it, with all her Snow White gibberish, VERY apropos! :floorlaugh:

www.ebird.org

Click on EXPLORE DATA, then go to MAPS. Enter the info. at the top. Zoom in on your area and click on the sighting markers. Cool, no?

P.S. I just saw him again.

I bookmarked that site! Very cool! Had my first hummingbird sighting 2 days ago. The blue heron showed up yesterday. And there are falcons, hawks, the usual raptors calling from way up in the sky. For some reason, I'm getting inundated with Ravens, could be from mowing all the brush down.
Aurgh, gotta move the incubator into another room and set those swan eggs!

I expect JA to come down with a severe migraine or something worse around 3 AM and I expect her to start bellyaching and yelling to the guards about it. The guards will probably find her on the floor of her cell curled up in a fetal position as she puts her plan into action.

And when she does this, i truly hope the guards totally ignore her and tell her she is going to her court appointment one way or another Monday. If she acts up, I hope they put the straight jacket on her and drag her in by wheelchair. And if she feigns being passed out, then I hope they get a doctor to put on eyelid clamps like in "Clockwork Orange".
Like below link LOL

Seriously though , if she pulls any crap, I hope the guards dont let her get away with it and force her to attend. Even if by closed circuit TV would work.

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/a_clockwork_orange_eye_scene_gifd

www.ebird.org

Click on EXPLORE DATA, then go to MAPS. Enter the info. at the top. Zoom in on your area and click on the sighting markers. Cool, no?

P.S. I just saw him again.

WAY COOL

I just figured out how to use the map. I had to click United States on the far right and I searched for first typing Hummingbird, then found the common Ruby Throated Hummingbird, and then by using the ARROW keys, I honed in on the map and now I know why I havent seen any yet.

But they are getting close so I should see them soon.

THANKS for the map link. Ive been waiting for the hummingbirds and already have my feeders out so when they come Im ready.

It better be live and no 30 minute delay! :gaah:Cross your fingers for stripes and shackles (JSS, keep it REAL, CMJA does NOT have the right to represent herself as an innocent "civilian"), and please let the murderer act up so we can see that ol' stun belt go off!

Chelly, your lyrical prose is spot on, hope ALV gets wind of it, with all her Snow White gibberish, VERY apropos! :floorlaugh:

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I expect JA to come down with a severe migraine or something worse around 3 AM and I expect her to start bellyaching and yelling to the guards about it. The guards will probably find her on the floor of her cell curled up in a fetal position as she puts her plan into action.

And when she does this, i truly hope the guards totally ignore her and tell her she is going to her court appointment one way or another Monday. If she acts up, I hope they put the straight jacket on her and drag her in by wheelchair. And if she feigns being passed out, then I hope they get a doctor to put on eyelid clamps like in "Clockwork Orange".
Like below link LOL

Seriously though , if she pulls any crap, I hope the guards dont let her get away with it and force her to attend. Even if by closed circuit TV would work.

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/a_clockwork_orange_eye_scene_gifd
They can wheel her into court in a wheelchair, chains, and a spit mask if they have to, like Elizabeth Smart's crazy kidnapper.

I bookmarked that site! Very cool! Had my first hummingbird sighting 2 days ago. The blue heron showed up yesterday. And there are falcons, hawks, the usual raptors calling from way up in the sky. For some reason, I'm getting inundated with Ravens, could be from mowing all the brush down.

Hello Bernina,

I saw you mention Guina fowl. I have a question if you know the answer. We have 6 new ones we bought as babies from Atwoods and we have raised them in a real nice outdoor Coop we bought that has both an inside and outside area. Its real large 8 X 20 and nice but we are thinking of letting them go free range soon and I was hoping if I let them out that they would learn to come back each night and go back inside the coop doors for night sleep. Or at least in winter time they would hopefully be smart enough to go back in there because some others we had in past years would sometimes roost in the trees.

But it got so cold on our other ones, that we started to let them sleep in the garage at night in the winter and we caused a bad problem (mess in garage). Because the 1 adult we have left (adult) slept in our garage every night over the winter and we are trying to avoid that problem with this new batch of 6 we got this year. We have 6 of them and they are almost 3 months old now and we are thinking of letting them out and are trying to figure out ways to make sure they are trained enough to know to go back in their roost if they need protection or warmth in the winter.

Can we do anything to help ensure they know to go back to the roost shed if they need warmth or protection?

We are afraid once we let them start to go out that they will just roam the acreage around the house and then roost in the trees (which is fine for summer/fall), but we are afraid when winter comes, they will forget they can go to the roost shed?

Hello Bernina,

I saw you mention Guina fowl. I have a question if you know the answer. We have 6 new ones we bought as babies from Atwoods and we have raised them in a real nice outdoor Coop we bought that has both an inside and outside area. Its real large 8 X 20 and nice but we are thinking of letting them go free range soon and I was hoping if I let them out that they would learn to come back each night and go back inside the coop doors for night sleep. Or at least in winter time they would hopefully be smart enough to go back in there because some others we had in past years would sometimes roost in the trees.

But it got so cold on our other ones, that we started to let them sleep in the garage at night in the winter and we caused a bad problem (mess in garage). Because the 1 adult we have left (adult) slept in our garage every night over the winter and we are trying to avoid that problem with this new batch of 6 we got this year. We have 6 of them and they are almost 3 months old now and we are thinking of letting them out and are trying to figure out ways to make sure they are trained enough to know to go back in their roost if they need protection or warmth in the winter.

Can we do anything to help ensure they know to go back to the roost shed if they need warmth or protection?

We are afraid once we let them start to go out that they will just roam the acreage around the house and then roost in the trees (which is fine for summer/fall), but we are afraid when winter comes, they will forget they can go to the roost shed?

Your older guinea is going to be the culprit if the younger ones take up roosting in the garage. How does the older one get along with the youngsters? You might want to put "it" in with them for about a month before you cut them loose on the property, the older one will get in the habit of eating and sleeping in the coop. Make sure anything "Guinea" is out of your garage, it's like birds that come back every year to the same nest, if the "wreckage" from the previous year is still there, they'll come back!

Do you "free feed" or have the feeder available 24/7? If it's free feed, start feeding them at specific times of the day, preferably morning and late afternoon, early evening. They'll get into the routine of heading back to the coop and it'll also get them ready for free ranging during the day. "Hopefully", when they get old enough to lay, they'll seek the shelter of the coop, and not get nutty on you and disappear for 30 days as they set on their eggs. That's when they more susceptible to ground predators like raccoons, skunks, possums, bobcats, feral cats, coyotes, and dogs. They are incredibly fierce parents though.

I'd put off letting them out for a while because the raptors are nesting and preying on small critters, you might loose some to a hawk or eagle. I had guineas and turkeys that would roost on my roof, one night an owl swooped down, snatched a guinea, and I swear you could her that poor keet hollering as it disappeared into the darkness.

PS......just how old does it get where you're at? Mine did fine at 15 degrees in the winter up on the roof. I haven't had any for a few years, they took to free ranging at the neighbors and they had hunting dogs,it did NOT end well.

Mods - Can we have a dedicated thread set up for messages to the Alexander family? We did on a couple of other trials, and would like one for them. Not many folks have their address that we all shared way back, and not sure allowed to share... so can we do a thread specifically for such?

Me too! waiting...
dalek-smiley.gif

We have had hummingbirds all year round!
bite-smiley.gif
But I did see an unusual bird for these parts! A Magpie! Wow - would a nice looking bird! And HUGE! As big as the ravens I saw in Latvia. Here's a picture of the Magpie I saw with the blue wings and blue tail.

Attachments

• Magpie.png
    Magpie.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 104
WAY COOL

I just figured out how to use the map. I had to click United States on the far right and I searched for first typing Hummingbird, then found the common Ruby Throated Hummingbird, and then by using the ARROW keys, I honed in on the map and now I know why I havent seen any yet.

But they are getting close so I should see them soon.

THANKS for the map link. Ive been waiting for the hummingbirds and already have my feeders out so when they come Im ready.

You will see them soon then! :seeya: Yes, the migration software is a joint effort of Audubon and the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. It doesn't get much better than that.

Now there are TWO black-chinned males in my backyard garden, squabbling over territory! They arrived on the same day and are probably regulars.

Me too! waiting...
dalek-smiley.gif

bite-smiley.gif
But I did see an unusual bird for these parts! A Magpie! Wow - would a nice looking bird! And HUGE! As big as the ravens I saw in Latvia. Here's a picture of the Magpie I saw with the blue wings and blue tail.

Beautiful bird. Smart, too.

Just found a new happy place:

Set up my Mayan hammock down by the pond.......and just about forgot the rest of the day!!!!! Geesh, these things are so amazing! I know, it's those little things that make me happy, lol!
Didn't have my camera with me, will get some pics, probably of my toes enjoying their freedom, but this is what they look like:

im_main_1.jpg

You slide over into one of these and all you want to do is sleep, I am NOT kidding you.

x354-q80.jpg
<------ Mine is blue like this, big enough for 600 pounds.

Me too! waiting...
dalek-smiley.gif

bite-smiley.gif

You know, you can split the tongues on Magpies and ravens, and they can mimic human speech when they're a captive audiance, I kid you not! I'd say you can teach them to talk, but, eh, all "talking birds" are just copying the noises they hear.

My Huz played bird calls from his window the other day - got ALL kinds of different birds!!

Here's something I "stole" from ColonelMustard on another thread and thought it was a great question!

So, here's a weird Websleuths Webpages Comments" question.

When I hit "thanks," I variously mean:

- I agree.
- I read your post.
- Haven't seen you around in awhile
- UNbelieveable! (an exclamation)
- Thanks for commenting (no matter what you've said.).
- That's funny.
- I don't agree but respect your opinion.
- That's sad.
- Thank you for thanking me.
- That's SO interesting.
- You're an excellent sleuther.
- Thank you for bringing that to my attention.
- That's hysterical.
- Hi
- I care.
- I'm sorry to hear that.
- Where did you ever find that!
Other...

What does it mean to the rest of you?

My choices are in bold!

:seeya:

I really like the avatar balloon. Sadly, I just can't let go of my current one.

I do hope you are feeling better as the day goes on, coffeejunkie.

Add me in there. Times are tough right now. We will get through them together. :grouphug:

The last time I switched out my avatar for a ribbon, it took me days to figure out how to get my old avatar back. I'm just too technologically challenged :facepalm: I would like to do the balloon, but had better leave well enough alone. :rolleyes:

Coffej, hope you're feeling better today. (((hug)))
April 12 is National Grilled Cheese Day :confetti:

"Interesting Food Facts about Grilled Cheese

1. Grilled cheese sandwiches originally showed up in America during the roaring 20’s.
2. It is said that grilled cheese was first served as an open-face sandwich.
3. A grilled cheese sandwich is often accompanied by tomato soup, a southern delicacy!
4. Grilled cheese sandwiches can be served with bacon , tomato, and various other additions. It makes the meal much more filling...."

http://foodimentary.com/2014/04/12/april-12-national-grilled-cheese-day-2/

images

Link: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...VvC2ufE98Y467YiIO8QcgjsG8ZhN2laUv2St_W93ruXwp
------------------------

I like mine with bacon. :)

Yummy, I love grilled cheese with tomato soup. I was already hungry, now I'm even hungrier. :sheesh: I seriously need to find the secret formula for how to not eat or be hungry. :pullhair:

1 More Day!
Buh bye Jodi..
:happydance:
:jail:

Oh Yikes, in my excitement to type the daily countdown, I almost forgot to say........

Good Morning Sidebar Friends!
:loveyou:

I will be here tomorrow around 8 a.m. Jodi-time. Who else is joining us?

That's what I'm talkin' about, It's time for the cold, :liar: cruel killer to take her Medicine and go away for good. :jail: :behindbar

Morning all! :wave:

Me!! :seeya: I'll also be watching HLN - but wondering if I should try one the live stream websites? Will HLN show EVERYTHING?? or go to commercial when it's time to sentence her?? :waitasec:

Watching bull riding, and next will be The Masters! Go Phil!!

Okay - going to see what else is new here!

:wave:

Niner, I'm a big PBR fan (since about 2000) and also enjoy golf. This time of year I'm watching college softball and baseball, too. Lot of fun. Cheers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member