SIDEBAR #5- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Snowcat the judge misread the note, everyone who heard the judge including the Alexanders, us, and the media thought it meant there was a deadlock. It seems upon examining the actual note there was not a deadlock, just a misread.

phew! I've been trapped outside WS so much of today fretting alone lol. Glad to know I'm not alone and hope prevails! After what she's been up to, she needs to go or I fear the family will never find any peace.

Hello WSers and hope alls' evening is well.

Can anyone tell me the name of the well-known attorney that Wilmott quoted in her closing, "with imagination and understanding and faith we can look inside our own hearts and find that all life is worth saving and that mercy is the highest attribute”?

I’m officially curious as I imbibe a fine homemade cocktail and am finally able to watch Monday’s spectacle while not at work and just listening on my earphones...

Interesting how that quote could also be spent explaining why Jodi didn’t need to kill - let alone OVERKILL - Travis...

Clarence Darrow
http://ethicsalarms.com/2011/09/22/...rial-of-nathan-leopold-and-richard-loeb-1924/

His entire closing remarks are ^^^^. Worth the read.

f
Jumping off of your post MidwestMama.. not directing my rant at you. What is a "TRUE dv victim"? Who or what agency determines what a "TRUE" victim is? Not so easy to "get the f out" especially if a woman was raised to be a wife/mother in a patriarchial religion..or born in 1956 like I was or a woman who has no support from friends or family and there are a lot of women out there that have zero support. I cringe at the word "true" for anything. I was raised in the most "true" religion in the USA. (Not in my opinon) I am a fan of documenting everything..

After documenting some of the happier times in my childhood earlier, I will give you the bigger picture. My step-father was an abusive, raging alcoholic. The years he was there were a horror show. Drunken rages, guns in his hands, pointed at his wife, his children, and so much worse that I will not post here.

My mom and everyone of my siblings - yeah, true DV victims. It was also in the 60's and early 70's and by the time the county sheriff made it way out to where we were the damage was done and he was off on another bender. All the havoc he created he was only arrested once, and that was in a public bar because he caused a fight. Police were different then... oh, we will just get him to leave.... oh, you guys can work this out.... etc. Thank God that is different now!

No doubt I understand it isn't easy to get out. Seven kids (at the time) and a part-time waitress - yeah my mom couldn't just get the f out. She had to make a plan, be smart, trust the right people and try to protect herself and her seven children in the meantime.

I don't disagree with documenting. Smart choice, has helped many prove the truth later on. However, no victim of domestic violence that I have met would ever say documentation is the MOST important thing. They would all say SAFETY is most important! If you can't leave, then begin trying to figure out a safe plan for escape. Documentation is great but it does absolutely no good if you or your kids are dead.

My comments about TRUE dv victim were aimed at the fact that I think JA is a lying sack of dung trying to malign Travis' reputation and save her own sorry skin by falsely crying she is a victim of dv. You may think she is a true victim, that's fair, but I don't. As someone who has been through it, it really infuriates me that she feels free to "use" the very real issue of dv to try to save her sorry butt. She is certainly not helping those with dv in their lives and in fact, IMO, is just makes it harder for those living through it.

Who determines True victims? I guess we all have to make determinations of what we believe or don't believe. I can say that I have NEVER doubted anyone I have known in my "real life" that has said there was dv in their life. (It seems an inordinate amount of people in my life have had dv. Maybe we somehow see that in each other and are drawn together? Or maybe most people know this many dv survivors?) My comment referring to TRUE victims was in regard to her. With all JA has been PROVEN to be lying about, and all the other "characteristics" of JA that we have been exposed to, I won't lose a moments sleep being concerned about being wrong about her supposed dv experiences. Utter carp and it ticks me off.

I am sorry if you suffered from domestic abuse in your life also. It is a horrible thing to live through. Truly indescribable to those who haven't dealt with it. Hoping you have found some peace in your life.

she read it as they WERE deadlocked instead of the hypothetical "if" they were deadlocked as the procedure for a deadlock here is different than in the other phases. It makes sense it was a hypothetical as they had barely deliberated for two hours which means they were likely still going through the jury instructions and so wanted clarification. Neither of their prior decisions were super quick and they likely have a process they follow of reading and understanding the instructions and then addressing the facts and issues.

Just jumping off this post. Is it possible that the jury were mistaken in their wording or the wires were crossed somehow before the query arrived in the courtroom?

I apologize for going off topic, thought sidebar allowed that.

My impression was that sidebar was "anything goes". Guess not.

Anyone care to wander the desert with me for, say, 40 years? :floorlaugh:

I've got manna! Fresh hot manna! :seeya:

Can anyone tell me the name of the well-known attorney that Wilmott quoted in her closing, "with imagination and understanding and faith we can look inside our own hearts and find that all life is worth saving and that mercy is the highest attribute”?

I’m officially curious as I imbibe a fine homemade cocktail and am finally able to watch Monday’s spectacle while not at work and just listening on my earphones...

Interesting how that quote could also be spent explaining why Jodi didn’t need to kill - let alone OVERKILL - Travis...

Clarence Darrow said it in a trial, but I don't know if he originated the quote.

BBM

All I have come up with so far for that quote is Clarence Darrow:

http://www.consciousriver.com/Java/Quothbar/famousquotes.txt

Kiefer apparently has a source with the DT.
Thanks smelly
Ah... I should have guessed ... the guy who said the gun was found mid trial outside of Hoover dam :floorlaugh:

I might have to stick with what jss said sadly

Pffft

I got to watch just a little of the trial coverage today. Discussed it with my DD. I have said it before and I will say it again. I believe in the Death Penalty. I fully believe that there are some who not only deserve the DP, but in order to protect society must be put down. But to be honest if faced with a decision to sign someone for the death penalty, I don't know if I could do it. Because I believe in the sanctity of life also.

I feel for the jury, I understand they want to take their time and they want to make sure they do it right. I highly respect this jury, they seem to take careful consideration of their decisions. So my thoughts and prayers are with them through this difficult decision process.

My guess is someone is

things out and an investigation should be done.

I am really concerned that the reporter printed what juror submitted the question. By doing so, if anti-death penalty zealots or others willing to tamper with this jury were so inclined, he just made it easier who to target and that juror has no clue to be extra careful tonight. IRRESPONSIBLE journalism, IMHO. (sorry, but after KC case and my ever lingering doubt that something or someone didn't get to that jury, this is just how my mind works!) ALL IMHO.

Noooooooo! I knew I needed to get out while it was good news. Why does this feel like déjà vu :please:

Who knows, it would appear that all of a sudden Kiefer is now a reliable source.
Even though I could have sworn I read people stating as recent as last night/this morning how nothing he says can be trusted because he is such a liar.

:scared: :lol: :dunno:

Here is a picture of the official Maricopa County Court Twitter Account

Attachments

• Jury Note.jpg
    Jury Note.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 36
We have those circle thingies here in La.
We call them....

[video=youtube;-Tdu4uKSZ3M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tdu4uKSZ3M[/video]

:floorlaugh: There are no rules for topic in here.

Does anyone have any advise for how to pack for a week long trip without experiencing severe avoidance, panic, and anxiety ? In other words, I hate packing, totally freaks me out. I know, I'm :crazy: But seriously would welcome any suggestions, tia. BTW, is this considered off topic? :floorlaugh:

My impression was that sidebar was "anything goes". Guess not.

Anyone care to wander the desert with me for, say, 40 years? :floorlaugh:

I've got manna! Fresh hot manna! :seeya:

We don't need no stinkin' topic in here...

[video=youtube;eBShN8qT4lk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBShN8qT4lk[/video]

I think it's Clarence Darrow. I believe he used that line in the Leopold and Loeb case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper