SIDEBAR #5- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any advise for how to pack for a week long trip without experiencing severe avoidance, panic, and anxiety ? In other words, I hate packing, totally freaks me out. I know, I'm :crazy: But seriously would welcome any suggestions, tia. BTW, is this considered off topic? :floorlaugh:

Based on past experience I would have to say my go-to plan for packing is this:
wait until I ABSOLUTELY HAVE to pack, pick out what I want to take, cut it in half, throw in suitcase. I always remind myself that if I truly NEED something while gone, I can just buy it. That helps me not to over pack. Truth - other than an occasional small item, I've never not been able to go the week with the limited amount I packed.
(so much easier than swearing and sweating through Ohare Airport with overweight bags!)

A little bit of good news. I wrote this earlier but Im sure not everyone is aware of this yet. Arizona prison officials decided jodi will be in a cell by herself in maximum security if she gets life. They said she will not have access to other inmates. She will not be spearheading book of month club either. Prison officials watch tv and see what she is doing.. She truely is dumber than a door knob. I guess she will be hearing about this soon.

Oh no, there are lightning bugs in my bedroom illuminating and I can't find a song to capture the moment!

This is magical. I love fireflies. So lucky. We don't get them where I'm from.

[video=youtube;Ec2mQCQI4RY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec2mQCQI4RY[/video]

Enjoy!!!

Warm and casual.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Omg, I always go about it all wrong, I have like 4 or 5.. no make that 6 pair of shoes :facepalm:. Probably why I stress out so much. I just don't know if I can go with less though, lol. I should try to regroup, ya think?. :lol:

Wow, I actually like that idea, doubt my DH would think much of it though! :floorlaugh:

Blame JA, lie and say "don't be a hater"

The jury is "deadlocked" story continues to puzzle me. Informing the judge that they couldn't reach a unanimous verdict after a little more than two hours of deliberations just doesn't fit with how they've approached this case. They found her guilty of first-degree premeditated murder (and seven also found her guilty of felony murder) after 15 or 16 hours of deliberations. The same jury also took little more than one hour to find that the state proved her crime was especially cruel (aggravator). Therefore, I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't do whatever it takes to see this case through to the end. Throwing in the towel after two hours? I don't see it.

First we were misinformed that the jury had a question shortly after they arrived at the courthouse. Then we find out that Judge Stephens had failed to read one of the instructions (although it included on the written form) and wanted to clarify it for the jury. Later in the morning, everyone is summoned to the courtroom and we find out the jury sent a note to the judge informing her that they are deadlocked. The judge reads a more specific Allen charge than is the norm. Juan is stunned and the Alexanders are visibly (understandably and rightfully) upset. The talking heads go into a tizzy and spend the entire day/night speculating. Michael Kiefer posts a story that includes a note reportedy from a juror asking a "what if" - procedural question about how to inform the Judge IF they can't reach a unanimous verdict--not that they were unable to reach a verdict.

The Twitter account (@courtpio) of the Maricopa County Superior Court posted the following tweet around the time of the aforementioned proceeding. "Jury's question is what to do if they can not reach a verdict #JodiArias. Judge is giving them further instruction" that sounds more like what Kiefer reported than what some people say they heard in court and what the talking heads debated and the Websleuths community debated all day Wednesday.

So what really went down today? Could the judge has misread/misinterpreted the question that has been attributed to Juror #18. The fact that the jury went back to deliberations, had a working lunch and deliberated until 4:30 p.m. demonstrates they remain committed to seeing this through to the end.

Thoughts?

jmo, but it would be a mistake of epic proportion for the judge to incorrectly infer the that jury was deadlocked from a note framed in the form of a question such as "what do we do if...?" To call in the jury in front of all the parties, counsel and the media and make that error would be more than epic. That such an erroneous inference wasn't corrected, would be (to me) really unlikely.

Therefore, I think the jurors knew they were possibly/likely to be deadlocked. Not to mention that fact that, if they didn't think so, it's kind of premature and a total waste of time to ask a question about the verdict form. If they all agreed on death, why would they bother to ask what to do if they didn't all agree?

Lol! It was driving me crazy and making me think of his gross hands and the sick picture of his privates that he texted to Jodi...

IIRC, The penis pic was not a pic of Darryl Brewers's private parts. Don't know how gross it was but it was TA's junk. IDK, but Martinez did not object to the picture when it was shown in court. I did not know TA and have no idea if he had gross hands.

Can I vent about something? I went to a store today and met a nice lady who is wheelchare bound. She had a lovely male yellow Lab with her. This dog is her service dog. It helps pull her chair, retrieves anything she drops, ect.

We got to talking about dogs cause I also own a yellow Lab. She asked what I did about the hair shedding that comes this time of year. Then she said that her family (kid + spouce)does not want her to bring this seriously well trained, pleasant dog to their house cause it sheds on their carpet! Really? A carpet is more important than a lady's well being and her service dog? I was so shocked. Who the blazes thinks like that? Priorities folks! Carpets are replaceable. People aren't! :banghead:

Ahhh! I feel a bit better for getting that off my chest.

Of course, you know I agree with you. :)

Well now - I am watching Dr. Drew and they are showing part of the ABC15.com interview.....
Interviewer: "What were the last words Travis said to you?"
Jodi: " I don't remember theeeee, it was just idol chit chat, the pictures you know.. oh no, that one's good we'll keep that we'll delete that one... it was just COMMON STUFF ...."

:waitasec: I thought she TESTIFIED TO:
The comment about a 5 year old can take better pics - then the last words being 'F-in kill you bi$ch.'

Hummmmmmm - interesting slip up there!

:bump: durnit I thought the video was attached...

:floorlaugh: Don't ask me. I'm lucky if I arrive able to clothe myself.

Here's what I do but keep in mind I'm an organized type person. I go by categories: grab your undies, socks, stockings, etc. and make a pile. Then think about your jeans, shorts, tee shirts or whatever you wear with jeans and shorts and put them in a pile. Then think about slacks and blouses and do the same. Then dresses, etc. I keep my slacks and blouses on a couple of hangers to avoid wrinkles. After the clothes are picked out, get your shoes together and handbags. Then get your make-up, medications, shampoo. etc. and put those in a tote. Hope this helps!

Many women travel with alot of cosmetics... I dont require that much cosmetics, but I do require a separate bag for my shoes :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

That's just what I needed to hear. It's the shoes, it's all about the shoes. I knew I was right. Different clothes need different shoes. We can't both be wrong. :floorlaugh:

Hmmm. Maybe i'll make a youTube video! We all should! :rocker:

We would have a whole bunch of accents, it would be sweet!

Omg!!! This is the funniest thing EVER...LOVE her!!!

If she isn't one of us already (or her husband) they TOTALLY need to join Websleuths!! (and if you are already one of us, fess' up...WHO are you??!!)

That's despicable.

Can I vent about something? I went to a store today and met a nice lady who is wheelchare bound. She had a lovely male yellow Lab with her. This dog is her service dog. It helps pull her chair, retrieves anything she drops, ect.

We got to talking about dogs cause I also own a yellow Lab. She asked what I did about the hair shedding that comes this time of year. Then she said that her family (kid + spouce)does not want her to bring this seriously well trained, pleasant dog to their house cause it sheds on their carpet! Really? A carpet is more important than a lady's well being and her service dog? I was so shocked. Who the blazes thinks like that? Priorities folks! Carpets are replaceable. People aren't! :banghead:

Ahhh! I feel a bit better for getting that off my chest.

Based on past experience I would have to say my go-to plan for packing is this:
wait until I ABSOLUTELY HAVE to pack, pick out what I want to take, cut it in half, throw in suitcase. I always remind myself that if I truly NEED something while gone, I can just buy it. That helps me not to over pack. Truth - other than an occasional small item, I've never not been able to go the week with the limited amount I packed.
(so much easier than swearing and sweating through Ohare Airport with overweight bags!)
i travel a lot stand by with flight pass, i take bags on plane. roll things- i am a shoe nut so you can put socks, nylons, or underwear in shoes. stuff them-lol. i pack lots of black skirts and another color but always black skirts and dresses. add color with scarfs. do not pack a million colors as then you can not mix and match. travel size deodorants and stuff . bring a book . have fun~

That's just what I needed to hear. It's the shoes, it's all about the shoes. I knew I was right. Different clothes need different shoes. We can't both be wrong. :floorlaugh:

I have a whole room that I turned into a shoe closet.....

Oh no, there are lightning bugs in my bedroom illuminating and I can't find a song to capture the moment!

Maybe the video from Carmen Rasmusen Nothin' Like the Summer??

[video=youtube;GND0XwCSjUo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GND0XwCSjUo[/video]

jmo, but it would be a mistake of epic proportion for the judge to incorrectly infer the that jury was deadlocked from a note framed in the form of a question such as "what do we do if...?" To call in the jury in front of all the parties, counsel and the media and make that error would be more than epic. That such an erroneous inference wasn't corrected, would be (to me) really unlikely.

Therefore, I think the jurors knew they were possibly/likely to be deadlocked. Not to mention that fact that, if they didn't think so, it's kind of premature and a total waste of time to ask a question about the verdict form. If they all agreed on death, why would they bother to ask what to do if they didn't all agree?

Jmo, have you ever known someone that has to lay out all of the pieces of a puzzle before you can start putting it together... Maybe there is a that guy, or maybe just like us someone heard one thing and then another one heard something else so they got the answer straightened out. Or maybe just maybe back to my hope of all hopes they are doing it to ef with JA....

Just when I think I can't hate her more, she proves me wrong.

My distaste for her is so strong that I'm almost willing to fly to Phoenix with all my friends just so we can sit in the gallery when the sentence is announced, with our blonde hair sipping Strawberry Frappachinos and eating Cinnabons, wearing "Jodi BS Survivor" T-shirts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
somnus