SIDEBAR #5- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
goodnight everyone.......thanks for "virtually" holding my hand thru all the craziness today........:floorlaugh:

see you tomorrow for more of this tragedy.........

oh and rosemary......hugs and prayers......copied down the address......so will be sending kyle love from the hive :rockon:

I'm assuming you mean by non-sidebar related posts. Normally, we have a lot of fun in here...you too, if I recall.... Guess some folks want "on topic" conversations even in here.

Oh, I'm not complaining. Just noting the deluge.

Puff, puff, puff....caught up again. Here's how I imagine an interview with her would go IF she told even a fraction of the truth:

Q: Have you become aware of how sensational this trial has become across the country, and across the world?

Her Answer: Gradually I’ve become aware of it. I’m still probably not aware of the entire scope.

Her REAL answer: He// yeah, I’m bigger than Kim Kardashian’s belly right now. I’m definitely sensational….like duh.

Q: The perception is, fair or unfair, that you became this jealous, enraged almost fatal attraction kind of character. Is that you?

Her Answer: No. In fact it’s hard to keep a straight face when I hear that. I don’t know where that came from.

Her REAL answer: I like so worship Glenn Close. She kicked Michael Douglas’ *advertiser censored** in that movie. Uhm, I really like my attorney Jen. Have you ever seen the movie Single White Female?

Q: What about your attorneys, Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott. What do you think about the job they did for you?

Her Answer: I think they worked very hard, and I appreciate all of their hard work.

Her REAL answer: They. Are. Toast. I am so throwing them under the bus for how this whole trial thingy turned out.

Q: What was your reaction when the jury came back with a unanimous decision of murder in the first degree?

Her Answer: I’m trying to think how I could describe it. I think that it felt like a huge sense of unreality.

Her REAL answer: I rolled with it, and now I'm all like on TV again and stuff which is so awesome. And I know my whole “blame it on my family” strategy is going to totally turn this jury around. I mean, what’s a girl to do? You might as well just smile and say cheese.

:clap::clap:

:goodpost:

Sooo brilliant! :great: :dance:

Okay -- don't use them. Sounds a bit too much like you are orally fixated on them, nicotine notwithstanding. Not worth going back to cigarettes. You can lose weight a lot easier than quitting smoking -- and it's going to be a lot less of a health risk in the long run no matter what. But it's none of my business!

Of course it's your business! I asked for and received some good advice. Thank you!. I will stave off the temptation.
:angel:

I apologize for going off topic, thought sidebar allowed that.

I've been having a lot of trouble loading the pages and thus haven't kept up too well. Are there different rules tonight for sidebar due to the other threads being closed? Don't want to offend anyone if so. Thanks.

Since we are at sidebar, we should play the HLN game. :D

What is the first word that comes to mind about the trial today?

Me: Annoyed.

:scared:but why does JSS say "ladies and gentlemen I have received your note indicating that you are unable to come to an unanimous decision":scared:

Where am I missing the piece that she assumed it was that and not "what if...."

IMO amongst other things, she doesn't comprehend what she reads.

I've been having a lot of trouble loading the pages and thus haven't kept up too well. Are there different rules tonight for sidebar due to the other threads being closed? Don't want to offend anyone if so. Thanks.

I don't know...

Thank you Snowcat the judge misread the note, everyone who heard the judge including the Alexanders, us, and the media thought it meant there was a deadlock. It seems upon examining the actual note there was not a deadlock, just a misread.

Xoxoxoxoxoxo:seeya:xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Thank you! The threads move slow and then fast!

I was a wreck!

Sleuth5 - JSS is pretty again! :floorlaugh:

You can lose weight a lot easier than quitting smoking -- and it's going to be a lot less of a health risk in the long run no matter what. But it's none of my business!

It seems getting weight off and overcoming whatever emotional issues attached to eating gives people more pain and despair than quitting other more immediately dangerous addictions such as gambling, drugging and drinking.

It seems so simple: if you can quit smoking, you can quit eating but the food issue is attached to something that goes deeper than the nicotine.

Wish I could figure out the magic answer.

That was the theory that seemed to make the most sense of the actual (verbatim) juror question. But just now I re-listened to JSS's response---which, of course, she gave only after talking to counsel at the bench---and it is hard to believe that she and the state and the defense were all confused.

It would have been a big mistake because of the suffering it caused the Alexander family. How could it have been made? On the flip side, how could the jury have been telling the court they were deadlocked so early in deliberations?

:goodpost: Thank you. It's tough to believe that both sides and the judge would make that kind of mistake. JSS's response was that of affirming a deadlock. Could be misinterpreted though, I guess we don't really know....

What doesn't make sense though is that if they were hopelessly deadlocked, why deliberate the rest of the day?

Gangsta kitty (see avatar) wants a few minutes alone with CMja...

she read it as they WERE deadlocked instead of the hypothetical "if" they were deadlocked as the procedure for a deadlock here is different than in the other phases. It makes sense it was a hypothetical as they had barely deliberated for two hours which means they were likely still going through the jury instructions and so wanted clarification. Neither of their prior decisions were super quick and they likely have a process they follow of reading and understanding the instructions and then addressing the facts and issues.

Now I'm totally confused. If the jury was only asking a question of the judge, why were Samantha and Tanisha so upset and crying?

Also, what happened on the regular Arias/Alexander threads that a whole bunch of them are locked? Would someone PM me what happened if you can't post it here?

Well if they're still deliberating for now I will assume they're not in a deadlock yet. Why would they waste the entire day in the jury room?

I think they have a verdict or are close. Also, since this is a high profile case, I expect that they will spend some time discussing how they will handle the media after they are released from duty.

Sorry, but I have to go with JSS' interpretation. She would not misread something so important. jmo

I have to agree, Unless that is what they normally do for a jury question,alert the news people,bring the family in,round every one up like they are holding court,for a jury question,I would be surprised if the judge messed up like that,does not sound right to me either,hope I am wrong also.

Yes. There is no Trial Topic thread open right now. If it really bugs the sidebar folks then I will call it a night! I really need the sleep anyhoo. Fifth grade graduation at 7:45 tomorrow!
Didn't mean to upset folks. Sorry!

Thanks, S5 for addressing it....

Nooooooooooooooo! I didn't mean that at all. Whatever goes on in here is great! There aren't any restrictions in sidebar, as we all know.

I just get sensitive to criticisms about off-topic posting particualrly in here -- I don't want to feel uncomfortable about posting in here because the Mods collapsed the trial thread into this one. Several folks did a lot of whining last weekend about it and there were some hurt feelings from people who were just using the sidebar for its intended purpose. There was a bit of a sense that we ought to step aside and allow "serious" posting to predominate. That seems unfair. In my view, there's room for everyone and every topic!

:seeya:

Hello WSers and hope alls' evening is well.

Can anyone tell me the name of the well-known attorney that Wilmott quoted in her closing, "with imagination and understanding and faith we can look inside our own hearts and find that all life is worth saving and that mercy is the highest attribute”?

I’m officially curious as I imbibe a fine homemade cocktail and am finally able to watch Monday’s spectacle while not at work and just listening on my earphones...

Interesting how that quote could also be spent explaining why Jodi didn’t need to kill - let alone OVERKILL - Travis...

Similar, but not the same.

I vote for roundabouts over rotaries.

Roundabouts are less like intersections than rotaries due to the right-of-way maintained by the circulating vehicles.

http://www.differencebetween.net/language/words-language/difference-between-rotary-and-roundabout/

Many years ago I was in the Bahamas....they have something I believe they call "give ways".....weird but that is how they roll,lol.....I was scared the whole time of their driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper