SIDEBAR #57 - Travis Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all, it's a nice day today, but that can change quickly in Texas.

Spell, we had that nasty drizzling weather last week and on Thanksgiving day.

YesorNo, I love you sharing with us, the only thing is I keep getting madder and madder about Jodi and all that she did. I wonder how oh willie boy is feeling now that his love for Jodi's been found out?

And Zuri, the same to you too! I love it but I find myself gritting my teeth, and muttering under my breath. How can nurmi continue to blame

We need a break, a trip by train would be nice.

http//youtu.be/CcC9laB3UFU

Anyone seen or heard from Bernina, our missing wild child? It's been too long since she's checked in. She mentioned exbf BS coming up. I hope she pops in soon.

reading the summary of nurmi's book (thanks again YoN!), he paints himself as quite a perfect all around supreme lawyer, psychologist, psychic, and extremely judgemental person. how he describes demarte is exactly how his DV experts came across IN COURT... how DARE you question my analysis! so what? he doesn't think jodi had BPD? i bet in the book he'll contradict himself and use that to explain away her weirdness. it's just like his claim on how he 'saved' her from the DP, (although he blames JM for not using things that certainly would have gotten her the DP in his opinion)... so isn't that kinda on JM for saving jodi, nurmi?

i really liked jill hayes, although i kinda thought it was weird she used a picture of herself of when she was probably in her 20's on her website, when she's clearly in her 40's, (i guess i'm a judgey person too, but no biggie). she was so confident and 'on the ball', she embarrassed wilmott no less than twice during cross, (remember the scoring questions? and 'oh so you had to call the publisher to find out?' question).

i'm so grateful for the summary. i do not want to put one cent in that vile lawyer's pocket. he irritates me even MORE now than he did at trial. he's just like jodi.. blaming everyone else for everything that 'went wrong' and taking credit, talking down to the reader, and bashing the prosecution team, as if he was so completely perfect and infalliable that we should give him a cape and some tights and call him 'super defender'! blargh! ick nast!

my own opinion.

snipped

Oscar Pistorius verdict changed to murder

"Olympic athlete Oscar Pistorius has been found guilty of murder after a South African appeals court overturned an earlier manslaughter verdict...

He is currently under house arrest after spending one year of his original five-year sentence in jail.

Pistorius will have to return to court to be re-sentenced, for murder....

South Africa's Supreme Court of Appeal ruled that the lower court did not correctly apply the rule of dolus eventualis - whether Pistorius knew that a death would be a likely result of his actions.

The minimum sentence for murder in South Africa is 15 years, but judges can apply some discretion...."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-34993002

WS thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Discussion-Thread-67-*Appeal-Verdict*/page19

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooooo, on appeal, Pistorius' VERDICT was changed? WTH????

Do the criminal justice systems in other countries strike any one else as odd? I remember thinking that about the Amanda Knox trial...

I mean, I guess they work, but they often seem really backwards. Or are WE the ones living in an alternative universe? I dunno...

With the recent spate of shootings, I'm starting to rethink things...

Thankfully, yes. He will be sentenced for the crime he committed, most likely 15 years? With credit for time served.

What a coincidence. I'm actually watching DeMarte on the stand right now, day 30, PP retrial, first time I've seen it.

She's methodically blowing up Nurmi's mitigation case and the killer's lies, one by one, point by point. Arias is being revealed for exactly who and what she is. DeMarte quotes from all prior psych assessments to reveal the killer specifically told ALL of them she was NEVER sexually abused as a child, parents didn't do drugs, etc.

No wonder, no wonder at all Nurmi feels the need to bash DeMarte.

-------------------------

Okay, I just re-watched day 30, too. Nurmi is quite hyper-vigilant regarding Dr. DeMarte's testimony. He comes off as a first class *advertiser censored**

I'm starting to think that he's just a bitter person, who's now trying to change the way people perceive him, more than anything else. Did his feelings get hurt? :(

According to the reviews of his book on Amazon, to some degree, he's achieved that. But for the most part, he comes off as being really shallow and shamefully so (since he offers nothing in terms of substantiation), in his accusatory statements towards his detractors.

IMO, He sounds a lot like his former client..

This is purposefully cryptic:

A mutual friend of ours here, whose sister was murdered 27 years ago this month, was notified that the murderer was granted a hearing in AZ about getting off of Death Row. Can you believe it? What is with Arizona?

Evening all, it's a nice day today, but that can change quickly in Texas.

Spell, we had that nasty drizzling weather last week and on Thanksgiving day. It's a nice day today, but that can change quickly in Texas.

YesorNo, I love you sharing with us, the only thing is I keep getting madder and madder about Jodi and all that she did. I wonder how oh willie boy is feeling now that his love for Jodi's been found out?

And Zuri, the same to you too! I love it but I find myself gritting my teeth, and muttering under my breath. How can nurmi continue to blame

We need a break, a trip by train would be nice.

http//youtu.be/CcC9laB3UFU

Anyone seen or heard from Bernina, our missing wild child? It's been too long since she's checked in. She mentioned exbf BS coming up. I hope she pops in soon.

I hope Bernina pops in here too. I am very concerned about Zwiebel missing from the forum. She hasn't been on since right before the Paris attack. She travels all over Europe and I hope she is safe. She normally would have been all over the Pistorius appeal. I just worry about you all.

reading the summary of nurmi's book (thanks again YoN!), he paints himself as quite a perfect all around supreme lawyer, psychologist, psychic, and extremely judgemental person. how he describes demarte is exactly how his DV experts came across IN COURT... how DARE you question my analysis! so what? he doesn't think jodi had BPD? i bet in the book he'll contradict himself and use that to explain away her weirdness. it's just like his claim on how he 'saved' her from the DP, (although he blames JM for not using things that certainly would have gotten her the DP in his opinion)... so isn't that kinda on JM for saving jodi, nurmi?

i really liked jill hayes, although i kinda thought it was weird she used a picture of herself of when she was probably in her 20's on her website, when she's clearly in her 40's, (i guess i'm a judgey person too, but no biggie). she was so confident and 'on the ball', she embarrassed wilmott no less than twice during cross, (remember the scoring questions? and 'oh so you had to call the publisher to find out?' question).

i'm so grateful for the summary. i do not want to put one cent in that vile lawyer's pocket. he irritates me even MORE now than he did at trial. he's just like jodi.. blaming everyone else for everything that 'went wrong' and taking credit, talking down to the reader, and bashing the prosecution team, as if he was so completely perfect and infalliable that we should give him a cape and some tights and call him 'super defender'! blargh! ick nast!

my own opinion.

BBM But he had the nerve, IMO, to use Dr. Demarte's diagnosis of BPD in the retrial- then the murderer was "that mentally ill little girl". Pftttt

Lawrence is making me madder and madder as I continue reading his book- I'm losing my patience with him!!!! :(

A mutual friend of ours here, whose sister was murdered 27 years ago this month, was notified that the murderer was granted a hearing in AZ about getting off of Death Row. Can you believe it? What is with Arizona?

I always say- it's the water or the heat- in AZ (you know, like in Florida :facepalm: )

Not because he is "mentally challenged" - again????

How awful for her. :(

1968 -- The Grass Roots' "Midnight Confessions" is certified gold.

[video=youtu;0x6B5eVK7VQ]http://youtu.be/0x6B5eVK7VQ[/video]

I always say- it's the water or the heat- in AZ (you know, like in Florida :facepalm: )

Not because he is "mentally challenged" - again????

How awful for her. :(

This is the other one. The husband...

I was so dumbfounded, I nearly choked! This just makes me hope I never have to sit on a death panel jury ... I no longer think it is punishment enough!

BBM But he had the nerve, IMO, to use Dr. Demarte's diagnosis of BPD in the retrial- then the murderer was "that mentally ill little girl". Pftttt

Lawrence is making madder and madder as I continue reading his book- I'm losing my patience with him!!!! :(

So..... will you buy the next two installments? Whatever will we do without your great summaries and reviews?

Our next week is supposed to be all high 40s and low 50s for temps. You sure this is December?

I was planning on buying Lawrence's next 2 books, but I'll see.

If I get really upset at him, I might not and go tell him to (as my mother would always say) "go choke yourself" :facepalm:

What to get me for Christmas- :christmastree:

Just in case you are having a hard time figuring it out: :facepalm:

What to Get Your Favorite Billionaire (slideshow)

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/photos/2015/12/billionaire-gift-guide?ncid=newsltushpmg00000003

And this is what you should get me: :D

HISTORIC PLATINUM-AND-DIAMOND NECKLACE ( not too much $- it's, after all, just chump-change to us billionaire's here on The Sidebar :facepalm:)

"For those channeling Egyptian royalty, Elizabeth Taylor, or someone who falls in that bling stratosphere, Sotheby’s timed out a perfect offering in its December 9 “Magnificent Jewels” auction—a Van Cleef & Arpels platinum-and-diamond bib necklace that once belonged to Queen Nazli, former Queen Mother of Egypt. The bauble is centered around a 6-carat diamond, which is surrounded by 118 other round diamonds that total about 134 carats, ensconced by another 27 carats’ worth of smaller round diamonds, and finished off with 50 carats of baguette diamonds. This modest offering, which will be auctioned to benefit a charity, is expected to fetch up to $4.6 million."

NEcklace.jpg

INSTAGRAM SNAPSHOT: QUEEN NAZLI’S DIAMOND NECKLACE BY VAN CLEEF & ARPELS

"Last week, a veritable bib of diamonds took the Instagram world by storm. Originally posted by Frank Everett of Sotheby’s, the diamond necklace, by Van Cleef & Arpels, circa 1939, is a major highlight for the auction house’s New York Magnificent Jewels sale scheduled for December 9th. It is expected to fetch between $3.6 and $4.6 million....

The spectacular piece, along with an equally exquisite diamond tiara, was custom made in 1939 by Van Cleef & Arpels for Queen Nazli of Egypt for the wedding of her daughter, Princess Fawzia, to the future Shah of Iran, Reza Pahlavi. As is traditional Muslim custom, the marriage at Abdine Palace was without ceremony – simply the signing of the marriage contract between the 19-year-old Crown Prince Reza Pahlavi of Iran and the bride’s brother, King Farouk. The princess was not present...."
http://www.jewelsdujour.com/2015/10...-nazlis-diamond-necklace-by-van-cleef-arpels/

752910871_5ddf5dd40a.jpg

(The wedding group after the signing of the marriage contract. Left to right: Queen Farida and King Farouk of Egypt; Princess Fawzia and Crown Prince Mohamed, and Queen Mother Nazli. March 30, 1939 Cairo, Egypt)

OK???...............OK. :D

I buy myself a Christmas present every year, but this year I can't figure out what I want. :thinking: (maybe I have everything I need????)

:sleigh:

:snowman:

"The power of a photograph rekindles an elderly couple’s tender memory of their first encounter in the 1950’s.

[video=youtube;pX-e6FYxulU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX-e6FYxulU[/video]
----------------------------------------------------------

A picture really is worth a thousand words :)

Unbelievable. There has been no end of it for our friend. Makes me even more sure that LWOP was the best possible outcome for CMJA.

I was planning on buying Lawrence's next 2 books, but I'll see.

If I get really upset at him, I might not and go tell him to (as my mother would always say) "go choke yourself" :facepalm:

Hopefully he'll never get around to publishing them. :D

I actually want to read the one on PP retrial. I'm terrible, I know, but I'm morbidly curious.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

98-year-old couple recreates their wedding photo and, yep, we're tearing up

"Cao Yuehua and Wang Deyi were married 70 years ago in Northern Hot Springs Park by the Jialing River in Chongqing, southwest China. So how did these two 98-year-old sweethearts celebrate their 70th wedding anniversary? By going back to Northern Hot Springs Park and reenacting their gorgeous wedding day, of course..."

http://hellogiggles.com/98-year-old-wedding-photo/

proxy.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, 70 years is a long time. My grandparents were married 68 years though. :(

1966 - Paul Revere and the Raiders' "Good Thing" enters the pop charts

[video=youtu;ZAiWbqEbgfs]http://youtu.be/ZAiWbqEbgfs[/video]

Oh my, I hate hearing this, please tell her I am keeping her in my thoughts and prayers. She has been to hell and back over those two scumbags. :tantrum:

These words still echo in my mind after reading her impact statement from one of the hearings ... "When do we ever get to let this go? Do we?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth