SIDEBAR #57 - Travis Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My menorah is ready to light the candles. :)

Happy Hanukkah!

Wow! How in the world is that possible? Aren't you as geriatric as I am? :). What a great movie, eh?

I didn't see the Wizard of Oz until I was in my 30's, so missed experiencing the magic of it through kid's eyes. On the other hand, Mary Poppins floated my way in a movie theater when I was 6 years old. That was the very first time I ever watched anything on any screen (my father didn't allow TV in the house).

For the longest time I thought I could fly if I held my umbrella just right, and to this day if I see just the right combination of blurry sunset pastel colors I think of Bert and merry go rounds. :). :)

I am probably in the minority on this, but I DID watch The Wizard of Oz as a child and it traumatized me! I found it to be very creepy and scary. I had nightmares about it for years. I have never watched it again and wouldn't allow my kids to watch it when they were young (not that they wanted to).

So, maybe you were lucky that you didn't see it through a child's eyes...

[video=youtu;a6DBYP0kbxU]http://youtu.be/a6DBYP0kbxU[/video]

This is the Jumper discipline at the Grand Prix level. The jumps are over 6 feet and difficult. The ride is timed and typically requires a jump off where the riders that went clear, with no rails down, under a pre-determined time, move on to the jump off. The jump off consists of less jumps, tight turns and shorter time allowed.

This video is of McClain Ward, an US Olympic rider, who I have had the pleasure of watching many times at Devon. He is one of the best in the world and incredibly talented.

Wow! How in the world is that possible? Aren't you as geriatric as I am? :). What a great movie, eh?

I didn't see the Wizard of Oz until I was in my 30's, so missed experiencing the magic of it through kid's eyes. On the other hand, Mary Poppins floated my way in a movie theater when I was 6 years old. That was the very first time I ever watched anything on any screen (my father didn't allow TV in the house).

For the longest time I thought I could fly if I held my umbrella just right, and to this day if I see just the right combination of blurry sunset pastel colors I think of Bert and merry go rounds. :). :)

I watched "The Wizard of Oz" in black and white as a child and have not watched it since. It is way too scary with them flyin' monkeys and the wicked witch has an evil laugh. I am scarred for life lol. My kids think I am ridiculous that I refuse to watch it again. They had to watch it on their own without parental supervision.

I watched "It's A Wonderful Life" last night. I had never watched the movie before, at least I don't remember watching it. What a great movie! I also watched "Elf" with Will Farrell and James Caan. I took my girls to see it in 2003 and I got a little teary when watching it. I get teary watching some of the commercials too. Anyone else?

I love that kindness and family is behind most of the tv commercials this year. I think they are far more effective in getting their message across than in years past.

Zuri, The way I look at getting older is pure joy that there are no reruns on tv anymore! �� LOL!

I did not say that TA was not justified in saying certain words on his emails/texts, whatever it was at the time as I can't remember right now. I'm saying those type of words were unforgivable to me and to maybe other people- like Lawrence and juror Zervakos. They were disgusting and, IMO, should never had been said to anyone (whether they were true or not/deserved or not). Those kind of words may not be "normal" for some people- they are not normal for me, but that is neither here-or-there and it doesn't matter what I think- only what the jurors would have thought (and Zervakos thought those words were not normal and abusive).

I have not, in my posts, mentioned anything about physical abuse re: fingers (and, so far in the book, neither had Lawrence). I don't know what the story will be with the finger yet as he hasn't mentioned that , but he may later on in this book or another. He may elaborate as to why he let that story get into the trial, so I don't know how to answer you right now.

I was trying to state what Lawrence had actually stated in his book to ILTBP and your post (and as you have said, not tying to defend him in any way). Everyone has their own interpretations on what someone states, so maybe I shouldn't try to bring Lawrence's actual words to light anymore on what I have read in his book when I think that the person posting has been mistaken in what Lawrence has actually written because it seems as if I am defending him- instead I'm defending what he actually wrote in his book as opposed to what someone thinks he wrote. In the future, I'll let the poster come to their own conclusions.

Again, I was just giving my take (or possibly other's), on those particular words said by TA, so it's not justification I was talking about (and I don't think Lawrence has said anything about justification either, so far, in his book, except that nothing done by TA justified TA being murdered).

Sorry and please excuse me if I wasn't that clear.

I do not despise or have any real sympathy for Lawrence, as he did what he thought he had to do at the time and made his bed thereafter.

And just saying.... because I do not normally comment on anyone's thoughts and their right to their thoughts- even Lawrence's. :)

I'm confused. I thought you were clear and I was clear and now it doesn't seem so, but I'm unclear what is unclear and why. :D

Reading your last sentence, though, that you don't comment on anyone's thoughts, makes me hestitate to post thoughts in reply to you, lest that is asking you to do what you don't like to do? Or is it Nurmi's thoughts you don't want to respond to?

Seriously confused. Maybe its just my weekly mushy brain day today. :)

As for Nurmi...of course he has a right to his thoughts. He seems to want to direct at least some of them squarely to "The Trial Watchers" though, and as one of the Trial Watchers whose intelligence he's insulting, I feel plenty OK commenting on his (scrambled) thoughts. ;)

Hugs....

I am confused too, but I am almost always confused lol. I comment on Nurmi's words all the time as I find him hypocritical at the very least and as judgemental as I am, except in a different way. I agree he has aimed this whole book at the trial watchers, because we have all pretty much criticized him for his defense of CMJA.

IMO, Travis' words to CMJA were said in anger and frustration. He said plenty of nice things too IIRC. I wasn't personally offended as I have probably said worse or heard worse in my lifetime.

I can certainly understand how some might be offended. I was called a "chalk faced *advertiser censored*" by a patient in the ER, who was having chest pain from heroin. She got wheeled back out to the waiting room and I put her chart back up on the triage desk and told the RN what she had said and I wasn't taking care of her. It was unwarranted and undeserved. Some of you all might think those words were funny or perfectly awful. The words were a racial slur and I was having none of it. I can't look at someone else's offensive words without context I guess.

IMO, JMV

I am confused too, but I am almost always confused lol. I comment on Nurmi's words all the time as I find him hypocritical at the very least and as judgemental as I am, except in a different way. I agree he has aimed this whole book at the trial watchers, because we have all pretty much criticized him for his defense of CMJA.

IMO, Travis' words to CMJA were said in anger and frustration. He said plenty of nice things too IIRC. I wasn't personally offended as I have probably said worse or heard worse in my lifetime.

I can certainly understand how some might be offended. I was called a "chalk faced *advertiser censored*" by a patient in the ER, who was having chest pain from heroin. She got wheeled back out to the waiting room and I put her chart back up on the triage desk and told the RN what she had said and I wasn't taking care of her. It was unwarranted and undeserved. Some of you all might think those words were funny or perfectly awful. The words were a racial slur and I was having none of it. I can't look at someone else's offensive words without context I guess.

IMO, JMV

Eek. No, I can't imagine that anyone could find that insult funny or appropriate. You're right, though, context is everything.

And about that context. Travis said that her call earlier, before he sent her those stinging texts, was "disgusting." I've wondered recently if she told him during that call she'd slept around while in Mesa, or even that she had been paid for her services.

Maybe there was a factual reason why he chose some of the words he did. BTW, apparently Travis posted on his MySpace that "*advertiser censored*" were one of his chief dislikes.

L relates 1 discussion: her "sexual escapades" with TA- "for whatever reason (probably because she was a victim of sexual abuse as a child) Ms. Arias decided she wanted to inform me of the current state of her vaginal grooming. In doing this, she went too far......the ABA guidelines do not require you to listen to that kind of stuff"

What!!?? Oh my :thinking: :hills: :hilarious:

This was whack. How typical of CMJA to bring sex in as a control measure. She did that with practically every male she encountered. I have often wondered if Dan Freeman was in love with CMJA, as according to Sky Hughes, he was one of the very last to believe CMJA killed Travis.

IIRC, he visited CMJA in jail and fed CMJA info about the investigation unwittingly. She controlled him too I guess. He was just another pawn in her games IMO. Why is it so easy for some to see what she was and not for others? Women seemed to have her number right away. IMO, JMV (Just my view).

I am probably in the minority on this, but I DID watch The Wizard of Oz as a child and it traumatized me! I found it to be very creepy and scary. I had nightmares about it for years. I have never watched it again and wouldn't allow my kids to watch it when they were young (not that they wanted to).

G3, I think we are soulmates. I just read this and posted about TWOO before reading your post lol. How did you feel about "Jaws" and "The Omen" (the original one with Gregory Peck).

Never thought about how scary a kid might find that movie! I know my son would have had nightmares too if he had watched it when young-young (he hasn't seen it).

Have you ever seen the Polar Express? I LOVE that movie. We saw it in the theater when my son was 7 or 8. I thought he might be scared of the ghost on top of the train, or the sequence when the train careens down the roller coaster mountain onto cracking ice, but he barely blinked at either.

What made him burst into tears was the little girl's ticket being swept away and seemingly lost. He cried nonstop until the ticket returned to her; he thought it was beyond heartbreaking that she might be thrown off the train and miss seeing Santa Claus. :)

Hey all...anyone here know a little about computer operating systems?

I need info on Windows 10. I've been suffering through all the nagware like everyone else and I do have Windows 10 downloaded but not installed. It is scheduled to install this coming week but I have decided I would rather stay with 7 and not install the upgrade.

Does anyone know how I can cancel the installation that is scheduled to happen automatically in a couple days? I supposed I have to delete the download but do not know how to do that. Anyone know? Any assistance will be appreciated...I'll even bake you some brownies and overnight them to you!!!

G3, I think we are soulmates. I just read this and posted about THOO before reading your post lol. How did you feel about "Jaws" and "The Omen" (the original one with Gregory Peck).

Both were very scary to me, but neither so much as The Wizard of Oz.

I think that's partly because I was older (tweenish), and, (maybe because I was coming of age) I fell in love with both leading men in those movies. OMG, Gregory Peck just got better looking with age; and I thought Roy Scheider was very handsome as well. Plus, Jaws had some great moments of comic relief (some of Roy Scheider's expressions are priceless), which I thought was genius and saved the movie from being simply a one-note horror film...

I need info on Windows 10. I've been suffering through all the nagware like everyone else and I do have Windows 10 downloaded but not installed. It is scheduled to install this coming week but I have decided I would rather stay with 7 and not install the upgrade.

Does anyone know how I can cancel the installation that is scheduled to happen automatically in a couple days? I supposed I have to delete the download but do not know how to do that. Anyone know? Any assistance will be appreciated...I'll even bake you some brownies and overnight them to you!!!

Am NOT a computer wiz (more like a computer ditz) but...

Do you know how to access your "download" folder (should be on drive C, your harddrive)?

ETA: after the fact, if you can't prevent it installing automatically:

OPTION 1:

1. Click on "control panel.'
2. Click on "systems and settings"
3. Click on "Windows Update
4. Choose "uninstall" (AFTER the Windows 10 has installed automatically).

OPTION 2..after the fact way to poof win 10 (sounds easier)

1. Click "start"
2. Click "settings"
3. Click " updates & security'
4. Choose "recovery"
5. Choose " go back to windows (7) or (8.1)
6. Click " get started."

( you'll be asked ..but WHY don't you want 10)...

I watched "It's A Wonderful Life" last night. I had never watched the movie before, at least I don't remember watching it. What a great movie! I also watched "Elf" with Will Farrell and James Caan. I took my girls to see it in 2003 and I got a little teary when watching it. I get teary watching some of the commercials too. Anyone else?

I love that kindness and family is behind most of the tv commercials this year. I think they are far more effective in getting their message across than in years past.
I directed it's a beautiful life for community theater. It's a beautiful story.

Hey all! :wave:

Okay - finished wrapping all my presents under my decorated Christmas tree! :santahat:

I'll try and take a picture of it tonight with the lights on!! :happydance:

Oh WOW! Zuri - never seen "It's a Wonderful Life" ?? WOW! I almost watched it last night, but I'll wait until the Huz downloads the COLOR version of it!! I ALWAYS watch this movie during Christmas season - one of my ALL time favorites!! So next year, you'll have to download the color version and watch it, Zuri!!

I can't remember "when" I saw the "Wizard of Oz", but I do believe it was when I was young... didn't scare me! :scared: LOL!

We had heavy rain this morning, and then just sprinkles throughout the day now! We definitely need the water! Next storm coming thru will be Thursday, and than again on Saturday!! No worrying about having to water my plants; well, at least outside!

Watched my NINERS WIN this morning!!! :skip:

Now watching the Kansas City Chiefs vs Oakland Raiders! Rooting for KC... :D

I believe I'm going to sign off now, and start my next Michael Connelly book; the last one (2014), as I'm on a waiting :waiting: list for his new one, and I'm #40... :waiting:

Anyone have any suggestions on any more books/authors to read in this genre??!! You know murder, mysteries and mayhem! :D

Later! Have a GREAT Sunday everyone! I hope you enjoy your trip coffeejunkie!!

:seeya:

I wonder why Nurmi felt it prudent to put in the book that Wilmott was no worse for the wear after being able to put down a number of drinks. Seems a bit too much of a dig against a co-worker. Not very professional. But that is just my opinion.

My menorah is ready to light the candles. :)

Happy Hanukkah!

A very Happy Hanukkah to you, Ms. Daisymae! :menorah:

As per usual, the steroids have not only made me "blossom", my hair fall out, brain not work, they have now made a bottom molar disintegrate. And yes, when I smile, you can see the gap. OMG. I look ridiculous lol. Fortunately, my dentist is brilliant and hopefully can rebuild the tooth. Happy Sunday Funday! Cha Ching...

I hate what some of these health issues do to us. My own overacting immune system destroyed my otherwise healthy teeth by attacking the bone in my gums. I am confident your smile can be easily returned. Good luck to you.

View attachment 85313

Two week vacation ...heading home!!

Two weeks away ... what a lovely thought. I trust it was wonderful and you will not be too disappointed to return to the daily grind. Welcome Home, sweet one.

Try looking at this page, krkrjx. You should be able to decline the download. I upgraded from Version 8 with no problem, but I don't know about moving from Version 7 ... I wonder if most users who had problems were from the earlier versions.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-10-download-windows-7-8/
Stop the Automatic Upgrade to Windows 10

The files have been downloaded and you’ve been told that your system is ready to upgrade. Well, you can still cancel the upgrade. Open the Get Windows app, open the menu from the Hamburger icon in the top left, navigate to View confirmation and select Cancel reservation.

KRK...

Try this this to STOP installation of win 10.

1. Click on control panel
2. Choose " windows update"
3. Choose " check for updates"
4. Choose " important "
5. Choose "view uninstall"

RIGHT click on any and all of these :

KB3035583
KB295.....
KB30........

then click on (halt?) ...update for each.

Over my head......but after a quick skim, it sounds like Microsoft is determined to give you 10 whether you want it or not. They've disabled the "stop auto download" option (thanks, guys), and it seems possible MS will keep sending you auto updates even if you manage to dodge that first download.

There are ways to put a stop to the whole enchilada, but they involve tinkering with system settings....way above my paygrade.
If all else fails maybe you can call an Office Depot kind of store and ask for advise?

KRK...

Try this this to STOP installation of win 10.

1. Click on control panel
2. Choose " windows update"
3. Choose " check for updates"
4. Choose " important "
5. Choose "view uninstall"

RIGHT click on any and all of these :

KB3035583
KB295.....
KB30........

then click on ...update for each.

Ugh, I have never used anything but a Mac, so this sounds terribly complicated to me. I feel bad for all you PC folks...

Lol I also directed the wizard of oz but I was tired of that show long before it was over. But we had an awesome cowardly lion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azouheir