DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am So glad horse show ribbons count!

image.jpg

image.jpeg

These ribbons were won with the filly I bred, Adaire. She is now living happily in Canada and still winning with her new owner. The first pic is her winning at the Devon Horse Show as a yearling. That was a dream come true for me and the ribbon hangs on my mirror so I can see it every day. Proud achievement for sure as winning at Devon is difficult as there are a lot of nice horses and judging is subjectively objective. Judges have a type that they like, so you can never predict the outcome in Hunter Breeding.

View attachment 85819

View attachment 85820

These ribbons were won with the filly I bred, Adaire. She is now living happily in Canada and still winning with her new owner. The first pic is her winning at the Devon Horse Show as a yearling. That was a dream come true for me and the ribbon hangs on my mirror so I can see it every day. Proud achievement for sure as winning at Devon is difficult as there are a lot of nice horses and judging is subjectively objective. Judges have a type that they like, so you can never predict the outcome in Hunter Breeding.

:) Ribbons for a winner...:)

https://www.facebook.com/fero.lapsansky/videos/10206963268394155/

http://kentfarrington.com/show-jumping-news/

Of course I had to post this video for our horse enthusiasts and Swiss friend, Susza! This is US Olympic rider Kent Farrington winning the Jump Off in Geneva on his mount Voyeur. Expect to see him in the Summer Olympics!

This horse is jumping 1.6 meters which is about 5.3 feet and clearing it! You will notice the tight turns and how careful this horse is. Horses of this caliber are valued at well over $1M. Oh how I wish...but I will have to settle for just watching this greatness.

View attachment 85819

View attachment 85820

What a beautiful horse !

Oh NO Coffeej, I am so sorry to hear about your being stolen.

I honestly was not going to post about this, (Debbie Downer)but now that it has happened to you, I will.
Last Saturday morning, my daughter was getting ready to leave for work. She started her car, and then realized she had forgotten to put her wallet back in her purse. The night before, she grabbed only her wallet to go and FILL UP HER GAS TANK. So she ran back inside to get her wallet...as she was walking back out the door, some %^*%%% PERP was jumping in her car as she was running out screaming...I was right behind her and she/we witnessed him peel out of our driveway and take off...she was running after him, but he was fleeing the scene at a top rate of speed and was gone in a flash.

One thing IN OUR FAVOR was we live next door to a cop, who was able to get a BOLO of her license plate number out very quickly.
I will explain more in next post as this is a long one.

spoiler alert:
* We DID get the car back, 5 days later and luckily he was still driving it...they arrested 3 people.

* Also the car reeks of gasoline, especially the trunk....
more to come.
Sending Hugs to you my friend :hug:

Stolen car part 2
* In October, my daughter spent almost all of her savings on new brakes, rotor and 4 new tires.

* November 30, Insurance paid...oh but life is full of little ironies.
For all the years she's owned this car, she has had full coverage. She pays in full, every six moths. (May and November) Since the car was 2001 Toyota, I suggested she should only carry liability, and save money on her Insurance....it's 15 years old (but great condition)
Well, that's exactly what she did on Nov. 30th. Who would know that only 4 days later the damn car would be stolen :gaah:

* There is a friend of a friend that earns extra money each year by wrapping Christmas present's for people who don't have time, or don't enjoy it. I am normally a Christmas/holiday BAG with colorful tissue paper type of person. But 2 years ago my girls said they enjoyed the wrapped presents better than just sticking their hand in a bag and grabbing it out. So last year I took my gifts to this lady who had a wrapping station set up in her house. The gifts she wrapped were absolutely stunning. Everyone I gave gifts to last year didn't want to open them, and said they were to lovely. :smile:

So Friday I hauled all my gifts out to my daughters trunk, as she was going to stop on her way to work Sat. morning and drop them off, and pick them up when she got off at 6pm.

Saturday morning as my daughter was leaving, I had gone downstairs and brought up the Christmas tree from the basement. When she ran back in to get her wallet, I opened the door for her. The rest is history...
The Christmas tree went back downstairs. No gifts to put under it, why bother? She stills mourns for her one and only designer purse, that she left in the car when she noticed her wallet wasn't in it.

PLEASE NOTE
I am NOT telling you all this to ask for anything
I have replaced them myself. My only purpose is a reminder of a couple of things with hopes it will help you to NOT be a victim.
1. Never leave your car running in the winter to warm it up etc....
2. Never keep your Christmas gifts in the trunk

I remember when my kids first became aware that there was no Santa. There was not one inch of my house that they did not search for their presents. One year I took all the gifts to my mothers house. Wouldn't you know that one day while they were at Grandma's house they found them! From then on, I kept everything in the trunk of my car. I would go out at 5:15 every morning and start my car in the morning so it would be warm for my girls at 5:30 when we left for the sitter, as I had to be at work at 6am. I never gave a thought to anyone stealing my car...honestly it never crossed my mind. That was a very different time in life. These days people will kill you for a dollar. :mad:
I know most of us don't have little ones anymore, but in case someone else might be reading here that does, I decided to include everything.

OK...By the grace of God her car was found, most of them are not.
Her car was stolen with a full tank of gas at 8:20 am on Saturday morning December 5th.
A police officer called me at 2:50 pm on Thursday Dec. 10th that it had been found and they had arrested 3 people. Our POLICE department did an awesome job of locating her car by the license plate number!Everything was missing of course, but OMG it looked like it had been lived in. Absolutely disgusting. Food that had been stepped on and smashed in the carpet. I can't do justice to what it looked and smelled like. Think of squalor...and the trunk reeks of gasoline. I don't know if they had planned on burning the car up, or if they were afraid of going to a gas station, thinking they would be caught in the stolen car and instead used one of Jodi's gas cans and it spilled everywhere :dunno:

I felt/feel so guilty because I'm the one who told her to drop full coverage and only purchase Liability insurance. PLUS, I'm the one who asked her take the Christmas presents to the gift wrapper lady. She didn't have to be at work until 9, but she was leaving EARLIER for work that morning to drop them off for me.

What a beautiful horse !

Thank you Hatfield! She was the result of my first attempt at breeding as I can no longer ride. I lost 2 fillies in utero this past spring due to a virus which was heartbreaking. I don't know if I will try again or not as I still have 2 breedings to 2 different stallions, but no mares.

I sold Adaire to a lovely young woman in Canada where she will have a forever home. Everyone told me to keep her as she was so nice, but boarding 4 horses at the time was fiscally irresponsible (lol) according to my DH...

Of course I had to post this video for our horse enthusiasts and Swiss friend, Susza! This is US Olympic rider Kent Farrington winning the Jump Off in Geneva on his mount Voyeur. Expect to see him in the Summer Olympics!

This horse is jumping 1.6 meters which is about 5.3 feet and clearing it! You will notice the tight turns and how careful this horse is. Horses of this caliber are valued at well over $1M. Oh how I wish...but I will have to settle for just watching this greatness.

WOW. It really is incredible. Those gates where there was 2 of them separated by about 5 feet and were together in 1 big jump. WOW

I always cringe when horses jump because I don't want them to hit their legs on those poles.

They should make them NERF POLES. LOL I suppose if they did that though then the horses would learn they didn't have to jump them and could just crash into them.

Dmacky, what an awful thing to happen, to you and your daughter, and most especially at Christmas to lose all your gifts. I don't even know what to say, it boggles my mind so much. Is there any chance your home owner's will reimburse anything? I hope those thieves are forced to pay you back as soon as they get convicted!

Stolen car part 2
* In October, my daughter spent almost all of her savings on new brakes, rotor and 4 new tires.

* November 30, Insurance paid...oh but life is full of little ironies.
For all the years she's owned this car, she has had full coverage. She pays in full, every six moths. (May and November) Since the car was 2001 Toyota, I suggested she should only carry liability, and save money on her Insurance....it's 15 years old (but great condition)
Well, that's exactly what she did on Nov. 30th. Who would know that only 4 days later the damn car would be stolen :gaah:

* There is a friend of a friend that earns extra money each year by wrapping Christmas present's for people who don't have time, or don't enjoy it. I am normally a Christmas/holiday BAG with colorful tissue paper type of person. But 2 years ago my girls said they enjoyed the wrapped presents better than just sticking their hand in a bag and grabbing it out. So last year I took my gifts to this lady who had a wrapping station set up in her house. The gifts she wrapped were absolutely stunning. Everyone I gave gifts to last year didn't want to open them, and said they were to lovely. :smile:

So Friday I hauled all my gifts out to my daughters trunk, as she was going to stop on her way to work Sat. morning and drop them off, and pick them up when she got off at 6pm.

Saturday morning as my daughter was leaving, I had gone downstairs and brought up the Christmas tree from the basement. When she ran back in to get her wallet, I opened the door for her. The rest is history...
The Christmas tree went back downstairs. No gifts to put under it, why bother? She stills mourns for her one and only designer purse, that she left in the car when she noticed her wallet wasn't in it.

PLEASE NOTE
I am NOT telling you all this to ask for anything
I have replaced them myself. My only purpose is a reminder of a couple of things with hopes it will help you to NOT be a victim.
1. Never leave your car running in the winter to warm it up etc....
2. Never keep your Christmas gifts in the trunk

I remember when my kids first became aware that there was no Santa. There was not one inch of my house that they did not search for their presents. One year I took all the gifts to my mothers house. Wouldn't you know that one day while they were at Grandma's house they found them! From then on, I kept everything in the trunk of my car. I would go out at 5:15 every morning and start my car in the morning so it would be warm for my girls at 5:30 when we left for the sitter, as I had to be at work at 6am. I never gave a thought to anyone stealing my car...honestly it never crossed my mind. That was a very different time in life. These days people will kill you for a dollar. :mad:
I know most of us don't have little ones anymore, but in case someone else might be reading here that does, I decided to include everything.

OK...By the grace of God her car was found, most of them are not.
Her car was stolen with a full tank of gas at 8:20 am on Saturday morning December 5th.
A police officer called me at 2:50 pm on Thursday Dec. 10th that it had been found and they had arrested 3 people. Our POLICE department did an awesome job of locating her car by the license plate number!Everything was missing of course, but OMG it looked like it had been lived in. Absolutely disgusting. Food that had been stepped on and smashed in the carpet. I can't do justice to what it looked and smelled like. Think of squalor...and the trunk reeks of gasoline. I don't know if they had planned on burning the car up, or if they were afraid of going to a gas station, thinking they would be caught in the stolen car and instead used one of Jodi's gas cans and it spilled everywhere :dunno:

I felt/feel so guilty because I'm the one who told her to drop full coverage and only purchase Liability insurance. PLUS, I'm the one who asked her take the Christmas presents to the gift wrapper lady. She didn't have to be at work until 9, but she was leaving EARLIER for work that morning to drop them off for me.

So sad of a story. So glad they got it back at least. If there is carpet in the trunk you may be able to cut out the carpet lining which maybe one way to try to get rid of the gasoline smell.

If it has any type of material lining in the trunk you can try to take one of those sharp razor blade utility knives and slice along the edges in places to try to rip it out. If its glued down anywhere you should be able to slice under it with either the knife OR maybe a spackle spreader type tool.

If you are able to get it all out then you can just buy some floor matts or some remnant carpet and cut out your own to try to fit it as best you can to create your own lining.

I agree with all your tips. I knew a person at work who also got his presents stolen when he went back in his apartment for just a minute. The thief was watching him load his presents.

Don't ever leave them unattended even for 1 minute if you are loading packages to bring somewhere. Same goes for shopping at malls. Once I leave a mall store then if I have to go to the car to drop off some then I will usually act like I am leaving the mall and repark somewhere else. I assume somebody is watching me all the time.

I had shared this device that I use on all my vehicles. I think it helps as a theft prevention device because I figure the thief may pass up my vehicle because of the extra hassle to try to get it off the steering wheel.

http://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-252DATAPK-Advanced-Security/dp/B00008J2DP

Zuri said:

Beautiful horse!!

That means this horse could clear me - I'm 5.3 Feet!!! :eek:hwow:

Hatfield said:
I always cringe when horses jump because I don't want them to hit their legs on those poles.

I do too! I watch the horses jump at the Olympics!

Well, will wait until the Huz wakes up from his nap, and will attempt to use the leaf blower! LOL! It's a bit heavy for me... but I'm the only one to do it around here. We are getting another storm coming Friday night thru Tuesday, and they said it might rain on Christmas! I hope it's cold enough here for it to snow! :snowball: :sleigh:

:santahat:

:wave:

While doing some research I came across this and posted on the 411 thread. Thought it to be so thought provoking I'd post it here for all my enlightened Sidebarian friends :) Ha,ha sounds kind of like something out of Star Trek doesn't it? :giggle:
Anyway, this is rather weird and far out, can't say what I believe though. I do know that our world isn't the same world it used to be and has become overrun with evil and violence. Could something like this be part of the explanation? I mean, I believe in the Bible, but it doesn't give us many details or explanations which gives the mind and imagination plenty of room to wonder. Warning, it is a little creepy, :scared: And please don't ban me! If nothing else just consider it as entertainment, lol. :seeya:

Btw, I had never heard of Reptoids, aka as Reptilians before. I just read about them in Paulides 411 book "The Devils in the Details". Looks like it's going to be interesting, lol.

The Reptilians are DEMONS - THE Best Evidence

[video=youtube;_VLxwS5fDgs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VLxwS5fDgs[/video]

Just thinking of Bernina and wishing her Happy Holidays too.

I think I remember she said she has been quite busy lately with all the good changes in her life.

If I remember right, I think she lives in the mountains of Arizona or maybe New Mexico?. Sounded like a nice area. I love remote places. I would do well in Alaska. LOL

The first Eddie Gray trial in Baltimore has ended in a mistrial. The jury couldn't agree on ANY of the four charges against him.

Very tense in Baltimore, protestors already on the streets near the courthouse. Businesses being shut down. :(

ETA-- seems to be quieting down rather than escalating, at least for now. A protestor was tackled to the ground and arrested for having a bullhorn, which riled up those nearby, but looks like there are clear headed protest leaders actively working to keep things under control.

One trial down, 5 to go.

Thank you, Zuri. :)

Those are some good questions. Replied above in red to try to answer as many as I could.

Are you a clean as you go cooker or a cook it all eat then make yourself (if you can't bribe anyone) get up from the table and wash the dishes? I wash pots and pans when I'm done with them then I only have dishes and bowls to wash. If it's just us then I leave things in the pots and pan and we make our plates out of them, then I can put the leftover on containers and not have serving bowls to wash also. I guess that might be tacky, but we don't mind and I haven't had a dishwasher close to forty years.

I have the Showtime Rotisserie, and love it. They have a singe or double ones, and even in the singles you can roast a turkey. Ties it up season it (I have to do this after trussing because by the time I stick the rods through the chicken I'm covered in seasonings. It has a three hour timer, but my chicken are usually done between two to two and a half. It makes the most moist chicken. I do two at a time for dinner, chicken salad and pot pies.

Last year dh gave me (we now have two , my sister has four thanks to dh) a electric roaster, and I cooked a frozen turkey in it. All I had to do was add more time. It came out falling off the bone, and like it was perfectly sectioned, legs and thighs in together, the breast split down the bone and all we had to done was carve it.

A side note, my sister and I hate ask dh to find something for us in his roaming around town on one of his days off. She asked him if he came across any metal tines that cookies and candy comes in at the holidays (we also buy baskets at thrift stores and goodwill and put in summer sausages, cheeses and candy, and we do a girl one with body lotions, hand creams, bubble bath, and a big pretty ribbons and bow.) to get a few, we have more than enough to last until kingdom come.

Just thinking of Bernina and wishing her Happy Holidays too.

I think I remember she said she has been quite busy lately with all the good changes in her life.

If I remember right, I think she lives in the mountains of Arizona or maybe New Mexico?. Sounded like a nice area. I love remote places. I would do well in Alaska. LOL
Does anyone have a way to get ahold of her? I wish she would check in too. It has been awhile. Her old BF was coming back to retrieve some things IIRC from her last posts. We need new Zella pics.

So sad of a story. So glad they got it back at least. If there is carpet in the trunk you may be able to cut out the carpet lining which maybe one way to try to get rid of the gasoline smell.

If it has any type of material lining in the trunk you can try to take one of those sharp razor blade utility knives and slice along the edges in places to try to rip it out. If its glued down anywhere you should be able to slice under it with either the knife OR maybe a spackle spreader type tool.

If you are able to get it all out then you can just buy some floor matts or some remnant carpet and cut out your own to try to fit it as best you can to create your own lining.

I agree with all your tips. I knew a person at work who also got his presents stolen when he went back in his apartment for just a minute. The thief was watching him load his presents.

Don't ever leave them unattended even for 1 minute if you are loading packages to bring somewhere. Same goes for shopping at malls. Once I leave a mall store then if I have to go to the car to drop off some then I will usually act like I am leaving the mall and repark somewhere else. I assume somebody is watching me all the time.

I had shared this device that I use on all my vehicles. I think it helps as a theft prevention device because I figure the thief may pass up my vehicle because of the extra hassle to try to get it off the steering wheel.

http://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-252DATAPK-Advanced-Security/dp/B00008J2DP

Also never put boxes of things smart tv's, stereos, gaming systems, new desktop or laptops out for the trash after Christmas (well anytime) because it lets thieves know who got what for Christmas and they can make a shopping list and come back when you're not home.

I do remember LE removing the truck liner from Casey Anthony's car in one piece. I don't think they are glued down, and you might be able to find on at a wrecking yard? Do they still have those? It seems like we have a whole lotta folks in the car business these last few years. Many are buying cars at auctions from insurances companies and police departments and selling them. They show up after is a flood or worse and don't tell you it's been totaled by the insurance companies. So, be careful and make sure you have a clean title and not a rebuilt or salvage one. You can get all the information on the car before you buy it. Don't let someone rush you into buying when you want to check it out or have a mechanic do it.

While doing some research I came across this and posted on the 411 thread. Thought it to be so thought provoking I'd post it here for all my enlightened Sidebarian friends :) Ha,ha sounds kind of like something out of Star Trek doesn't it? :giggle:
Anyway, this is rather weird and far out, can't say what I believe though. I do know that our world isn't the same world it used to be and has become overrun with evil and violence. Could something like this be part of the explanation? I mean, I believe in the Bible, but it doesn't give us many details or explanations which gives the mind and imagination plenty of room to wonder. Warning, it is a little creepy, :scared: And please don't ban me! If nothing else just consider it as entertainment, lol. :seeya:

Btw, I had never heard of Reptoids, aka as Reptilians before. I just read about them in Paulides 411 book "The Devils in the Details". Looks like it's going to be interesting, lol.

The Reptilians are DEMONS - THE Best Evidence

[video=youtube;_VLxwS5fDgs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VLxwS5fDgs[/video]

Interesting. I heard about Reptilians on Coast to Coast radio show. The old Art Bell station.

OT
Saw a cool futuristic movie on HBO about groups like the Illuminati. Its called the "KINGSMAN The Secret Service".

It was well done and had super cool effects and future type things. If people like that kind of movie the Kingsman movie is really good. It surprised me because I didn't think I would like the movie but really enjoyed it.

Thank you, Zuri.
Amazing, fascinating! What a beauty!!!
Next time we go there together??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Deleted)... Posted in error. [emoji16]. My apologies!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a way to get ahold of her? I wish she would check in too. It has been awhile. Her old BF was coming back to retrieve some things IIRC from her last posts. We need new Zella pics.

Well we can go back a few months and she posted a news article about Zubaz? I know she is up in the mountain of Arizona north? of Phoenix? Or we can ask a mod if they can get hold of her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member