28 Fun at Work Day
28 National Kazoo Day
29 National Puzzle Day
29 National Cornchip Day
30 National Inane Answering Message Day
31 Backward Day
31 Inspire Your Heart with Art Day

:confetti:

1953 - A sad day in country music, as the legendary Hank Williams died at the young age of 29. You may recall or even be able to sing along with some of the songs Hank wrote or co-wrote: Cold, Cold Heart, Half as Much, Jambalaya, Your Cheatin’ Heart, Hey, Good Lookin, I’m So Lonesome I Could Die, Why Don’t You Love Me (Hank’s own recording of this song climbed the charts in 1976, 23 years after his death) and I’ll Never Get Out of This World Alive -- which, ironically, became a hit not too long after he was found dead in the back seat of his chauffeured limousine. Undisputedly, the biggest star in the history of country music, Hank Williams’ legacy is being carried on by his son, Hank Williams, Jr, and grandson Hank Williams lll.

Every Saturday night my father would come over to my brothers and they'd play guitars, and Hank Williams was always on the list. He taught my brother to play the guitar when he was twelve years old. And my brother has learned to play the banjo, mandolin, and piano in playing by ear.

[video=youtu;Wn2e4Dhod7M]http://youtu.be/Wn2e4Dhod7M[/video]

1961 - Exodus by Ferrante & Teicher tops the charts.

[video=youtu;c6wq0RB6wTU]http://youtu.be/c6wq0RB6wTU[/video]

From my niece's facebook page. "Public Service Announcement:" check the owner's manual for the filling limits on your new blender before loading it chock full of homemade chicken broth you've been simmering all morning and organic veggies to make the tortilla soup you and the kids have been looking forward to since Christmas. Because what MIGHT happen is too much warm liquid will cause the powerful motor to cast aside the lid and violently fling the ingredients about the kitchen, ceiling, and in your eyes & hair like a tornado hitting a salsa bar. Also, minuscule shards of tomato, cilantro, onion, carrots, yellow pepper and corn are really hard to clean from your hair and the grooves of every cabinet and baseboard in the kitchen. You're welcome, friends.

I am lol at this and appreciate the warning. My daughter was home over Christmas and decided microwaving an egg was a faster way to hard boil it without the boil or water. Needless to say, she spent more time cleaning up the explosive mess than it would have taken to boil the egg.

Zuri, did you see KCL over New Years Eve? I think I saw a pic of all of you ....... are you feeling well now?

I didn't see it here :giggle:
I was concerned you might not be well enough to go out for the evening. I do hope all is going better with your breathing troubles now.

Hope you all have an amazing, happy, healthy 2016! Since 2015 is now behind us, I look forward to reading about all the good things in your lives.

that's the one! You all look so happy together, I am glad you got to be with her and her hubby. (her coat eas gorgeous!) You get plenty of rest now, so you don't backslide. Have another nice visit with the duo and send my hellos.

Hi Zuri and all, I amjust out of the hospital. I went for iron infusion, went into anaphilaxsis shock.
Very sick. will write more soon. Happy New Year I guess~

Hi Zuri and all, I amjust out of the hospital. I went for iron infusion, went into anaphilaxsis shock.

Oh no! OMG Nore, please take good care! I am so so sorry you had such a bad reaction. I hope you are feeling better soon. This is awful news.

Pages, I was thinking of you on our drive to Philly. I remembered your post about driving with a gigantic, manic smile in lieu of the resting bwitch face that I have while driving. So I put on the biggest smile I could and just laughed.

Nore, my nephews girlfriend just went through that. They were going to do an upper and lower GI and said they were concerned about removing any polyps and bleeding because she was so anemic. My prayers are with you always.

Good Morning and Smile! Have a cup of coffee, hug someone today, or at least say hello with a SMILE. You could make all the difference in the world for someone.

Sweet Nore ~ I just read your email! OMG!! That is scary! Prayers for you and get plenty of rest as anaphilaxsis sure can take a toll on your system. xoxox

Zuri ~ enjoy your trip and let loose and have as much fun as you possibly can! :) :)

Niner ~ Love your post! Awesome!! Keep it up :)

Prayers for all who are in need. :grouphug: :loveyou:

I'm rich!
Silver in my Hair
Gold in my Teeth
Crystals in the Kidneys
Sugar in the Blood
Lead in the A$$
Iron in the Arteries
And an inexhaustible supply Natural Gas.

I'd never thought I'd accumulate such wealth!

Now that December is in the books, just how warm was it? The stats are in. December was the warmest on record for Evansville and the second warmest on record for Louisville. The only December warmer in Louisville was 1889. In a nutshell, no one alive around our area has ever experienced a December as warm as this one was.

But watch out for OLD MAN WINTER in middle January...artic air is moving in and calling for some of that 'white stuff' we see in the winter months!!

OH no, sweet Nore! What an awful way to end the year. You have had so much to deal with these past months. I do hope you ar e feeling a LOT better real soon. :hug:

Sending healing prayers to our sweet NORE
I've been thinking about you, and I'm glad at least that you checked in. I was NOT happy at all with your news. Please take care of yourself Ms. lady, cause we all adore you!
I wish I lived closer to you.

coffeej What a cute picture of Squeak! He is adorable!
I knew it was a warm December for us here, but didn't know it made any records.
I don't watch the local news hardly ever anymore, as it's always about shootings and homicides anymore. This world has gone totally crazy!

I fell asleep on the couch NYE and ironically woke up at 5 minutes till 12. I heard a few fireworks as I was on my way down the hall to my bedroom. :offtobed: toot toot :partyguy2:
I could of cared less.

coffeej What a cute picture of Squeak! He is adorable!
I knew it was a warm December for us here, but didn't know it made any records.
I don't watch the local news hardly ever anymore, as it's always about shootings and homicides anymore. This world has gone totally crazy!

I fell asleep on the couch NYE and ironically woke up at 5 minutes till 12. I heard a few fireworks as I was on my way down the hall to my bedroom. :offtobed: toot toot :partyguy2:
I could of cared less.

Yep, he is adorable and into everything!! LOL Little stinker!

Sounds about like me...hubby and kids when Hockey Game and I stayed home and fell asleep on the couch with Squeaks and woke up when they came in around 11pm. We are such 'party animals' :giggles:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez