SIDEBAR #58 - Travis Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK peeps...the last 3 days I have been busy, busy, busy! I can finally see a light at the end of the 'craft tunnel' :giggle: I have sorted all my card stock into the colors and lined up nice and neat on trays that stack. My decorative papers are by designs and colors, neatly stacked, too. My needle point is in a clear tote. I can see my sewing machine sitting on the table now LOL. My tools of the trade are all in clear containers. My paints and brushes are all lined up by colors stacked on the shelves...I'm in craft heaven! hahah The 64 dollar question is...HOW LONG WILL IT LAST?!?! I'm a great organizer, just keeping it that way is the problem! sigh...

I have yet got into the cabinets with my Christmas crafts... I think I need a break before I start in on that mess :)

☾ °☆  . * ● ¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .   °  . ● .    ° ☾ °☆  ¸. ● .  ★  ★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ .    ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ .  ★ ° . • °   .  * :. . ¸ . ● ¸  ★  ★☾ °★ . .  °☆  . ● ¸ .   ★ ° .  • ○ ° ★  . * .  ☾ °  ¸. * ● ¸ ° ☾ °☆  . * ¸.   ★   YOU HAVE BEEN Sprinkled with BLESSINGS of PEACE, LOVE, and HAPPINESS! NOW ... PLEASE ... GO FORTH AND SPRINKLE OTHER PEOPLE TOO! ★ ° . .    . ☾ °☆  . * ● ¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * .      .   °  . ● .    ° ☾ °☆  ¸. ● .  ★  ★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :

:thinking: I do believe my little recused Beagle "Chase" has gotten that message down pat. That boy has definitely "gone forth and sprinkled".....here... and there.. and there....etc.

Deat Nore

Glad you are feeling better....love to Amy for being there.....

Happy New Year All

Dear Spellbound , Thank you Sweetie. All prayers are appreciated. I was so bad, cut off clothes and rushed to ER next door. I was out of it . In tubed for 3 days. Thank God I can breathe on my own and talk. My Amy was with me through it all. God Bless her~saw stroke on her Dad too. They love each other still. Nore oxo
Oh Nore How terrifying you and Amy must have been!!!! Thank goodness Amy is there with you. Please get better, we love you and miss you so much :heart: Sending healing prayers , jingles and hope that you will continue to get better and stronger with every day that passes.

Dmacky, for you.

[video=youtu;vCpP0mFD9F0]http://youtu.be/vCpP0mFD9F0[/video]

Pages :heartbeat: I needed to hear that today.

ILiketoBendPages - I LOVE that song!!

OT but has anyone ever had gallbladder issues? For the past week and a half something isn't right. I woke up this morning with SEVERE heartburn (which I never get) that was going into my back. I have been sleeping the entire day. I woke up awhile ago for an hour, fell back asleep, then woke up at about 10:00 pm and I'm about to fall asleep again. I've been vomiting every once in awhile too. I googled my symptoms (stupid, I know) and that's where the gallbladder idea came from. Anyway, WTF??

Hopeful One,
My sister and brother have both had their gallbladders removed, but they didn't have those symptoms. They had bouts of sharp pain, that would come and go. PLEASE go to the Dr. and do not google (better said than done) I'm guilty of it too. :wink: Google will scare the chit out of you. Hopefully Zuri will pop in, she's very knowledgeable on all things medical and she can always ask her hubby (no charge) :smile: if she doesn't know.
Sending you healing hugs and Jingles (Zuri taught us that word)

Hi Zuri , I am weak but doing better. My throat is still "grated" thany you for JINGLES. Dear God I was so sick. they said major attack.. xox. Nor

Nore, good to hear you're feeling a bit better. I'm so sorry you have to go through this.
Many, many Jingles are coming your way. BEST wishes!

http://www.haematologica.org/content/99/11/1671

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4222472/

I had no idea how rare anaphylaxis was to iron infusions. Oh my goodness, Nore. I am so sorry you endured this. Unbelievable. I bet you gave those nurses a big scare. So glad the ER was next door and they got you in there that fast.

I am going to read these abstracts and find out how you reverse the reaction, if you even can. You must have a very strong constitution to withstand something like this. So thankful you are still with us!

Thank you, Zuri, for having had a closer look.
Nore, Nore, Nore - hopefully our love, too, will help you to heal quickly.
Take it slowly, please. So good to have you with us!

Morning all! :wave:

Boy - my cable and internet was out this morning! :gaah: Had to wait until 10:30am to get it back all on... :happydance:

☾ °☆  . * ● ¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .   °  . ● .    ° ☾ °☆  ¸. ● .  ★  ★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ .    ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ .  ★ ° . • °   .  * :. . ¸ . ● ¸  ★  ★☾ °★ . .  °☆  . ● ¸ .   ★ ° .  • ○ ° ★  . * .  ☾ °  ¸. * ● ¸ ° ☾ °☆  . * ¸.   ★ 

WOW!! I LOVE this!!! The Moon and Stars!

coffeejunkie - Love the picture! It looks like the blouses are shiny satin? I remember we had dresses - like shiny and gray in color! And HAPPY crafting!!! You'll have to "share" with us some of your stuff when you get some done!

LOVE the sprinkled - here... and there... and there... Dmacky!! :giggle:

Nore! Hope you're feeling better today!! :hug:

Well, I've put off my vacumning until tomorrow... LOL! Today I watch football! Watching the Cowboys and Indians! LOL!

Off to read some other threads!

Take care everyone!

:seeya:

Oh - and a picture to share! :)

Attachments

• Jack&Jill.jpg
    Jack&Jill.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 61
The March of Dimes was established on this day in 1938 -- by U.S. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt -- to fight poliomyelitis (Roosevelt himself was afflicted with polio). The organization was originally called the National Foundation for Infantile Paralysis (as the disease was commonly known).
The March of Dimes accomplished its mission within 20 years. Research led by Dr. Jonas Salk and supported by funds (those marching little dimes) raised annually by thousands of volunteers, resulted in the announcement in April 1955 that the Salk polio vaccine was “safe, potent and effective.” The foundation also supported the research that led to the Sabin oral vaccine, another safe, effective polio preventative discovered by Dr. Albert B. Sabin.

Following the victory over infantile paralysis, the March of Dimes turned its attention to conquering the largest killer and crippler of children: the mental and physical problems that are present at birth.

Today, The March of Dimes raises funds to support research, education and community-based programs to prevent birth defects and help lower the rate of premature births and infant mortality. The March of Dimes is one of the 10 largest voluntary health agencies in the United States, with 101 chapters nationwid

[video=youtu;iyTiptSJ-Zw]http://youtu.be/iyTiptSJ-Zw[/video]

1871 - A Binghamton, NY chap named Henry W. Bradley patented oleomargarine this day. How many of you want to reveal your age by saying you remember when oleomargarine was white and was sold in plastic bags with a color tab inside the bag? What fun it was to break that tab and squish the yellow color through the oleomargarine!

[video=youtu;eTX09-I1wa4]http://youtu.be/eTX09-I1wa4[/video]

Back home after spending most of the long weekend at my son's place, due to no shower here. :(

It was nice to be in a brand-new, state-of-the-art building (as opposed to this 90+ year-old house, where something is always falling apart or otherwise in need of repair). Still, I love it here and it's great to be home! Trusting that the plumbing part we need will come within the next few days. Otherwise, hoping no one gets too close to me, as sponge baths are really NOT the same as a real shower... :/

Not looking forward to the chilly temps moving in over the next few days. Brrrrrr! I was so happy with the warmer than normal temps while they lasted.

Also want to send well wishes out to those in need of comfort and good news. Here's hoping that 2016 will be a kind and merciful year.

Oh my, GigiG, I know all about the never-ending need of old houses for repairs or updates. Our life-long project is at least 140 years old. I will never run out of projects. Hope your shower us back real soon.

Back home after spending most of the long weekend at my son's place, due to no shower here. :(

It was nice to be in a brand-new, state-of-the-art building (as opposed to this 90+ year-old house, where something is always falling apart or otherwise in need of repair). Still, I love it here and it's great to be home! Trusting that the plumbing part we need will come within the next few days. Otherwise, hoping no one gets too close to me, as sponge baths are really NOT the same as a real shower... :/

Not looking forward to the chilly temps moving in over the next few days. Brrrrrr! I was so happy with the warmer than normal temps while they lasted.

Also want to send well wishes out to those in need of comfort and good news. Here's hoping that 2016 will be a kind and merciful year.

I think I'd miss indoor plumbing the most. Down here in almost all the antique stores you come across old dry sinks and water pitchers that they used way way back then. Can you imagine just having a small bowl of water? from the crick? Yes I know it's creek, but down here , and my Italian mil, said crick. They're back in style with modern bowl sinks and the cabinet hides the plumbing.

antique-dry-sink-very-old-ornate-599-americanlisted_34800405.jpg

I think I'd miss indoor plumbing the most. Down here in almost all the antique stores you come across old dry sinks and water pitchers that they used way way back then. Can you imagine just having a small bowl of water? from the crick? Yes I know it's creek, but down here , and my Italian mil, said crick. They're back in style with modern bowl sinks and the cabinet hides the plumbing.

View attachment 86558

I have a piece that looks a lot like the one in the pic. They are beautiful, and a nice reminder of the past, but I do love the fact that we (usually) have indoor plumbing. It's a wonderful thing! (Especially considering the alternative.)

Just to add, this "shower" problem came on top of a problem with a clogged sink drain. Thank goodness the toilet didn't crap out on me at the same time. (Please pardon the pun.)

I have a piece that looks a lot like the one in the pic. They are beautiful, and a nice reminder of the past, but I do love the fact that we (usually) have indoor plumbing. It's a wonderful thing! (Especially considering the alternative.)

Just to add, this "shower" problem came on top of a problem with a clogged sink drain. Thank goodness the toilet didn't crap out on me at the same time. (Please pardon the pun.)

One word for indoor plumbing - chamber pot - and I have used one in 1969 out in forests of Arkansas where you're told to not to go out after dark to the outhouse. And I'm a private person and can't grasp the concept of a double seater outhouse. It wasn't for women because many have shy bladders, but men? what kind of conversation would you have in there? Do you both bring a book or newspaper?

That is a beautiful piece,and I wonder how many people wouldn't know exactly what they were other than a nice cabinet.

I found this old cupboard in San Antonio in the old three story antique store by the Alamo. It was from England and huge! You wouldn't need upper or lower cabinets because this took up a whole wall it was that big. All wood and it had drawers, lower and upper cabinets - and green like the one in the photo, but it was bigger. I had just bought new cabinets, so it was hard to justify $500.00 bucks.

We also have a large wardrobe from Leeds London from the forties, and child wardrobe much older that I bought for my gran son's bedroom. Our dining room table and buffet are eighty years old. Same age as out house, that is always in need of something. You have to love old houses it's the upkeep that is so flustering.

Old-cupboard.jpg

ILiketoBendPages - I LOVE that song!!

OT but has anyone ever had gallbladder issues? For the past week and a half something isn't right. I woke up this morning with SEVERE heartburn (which I never get) that was going into my back. I have been sleeping the entire day. I woke up awhile ago for an hour, fell back asleep, then woke up at about 10:00 pm and I'm about to fall asleep again. I've been vomiting every once in awhile too. I googled my symptoms (stupid, I know) and that's where the gallbladder idea came from. Anyway, WTF??

Hopeful One, it sounds like a GI virus to me as there is one going around that has the same symptoms. Hope you feel better soon.

I am watching Johnny Carson. It's on our Metv channel. Bob Hope was just on...Now it's Don Rickles...next is Michael Landon and Freddie Prinze. All in one show! The jokes are dated but so funny. I have been waiting for this. A little piece of heaven!

Just introduced Michael Landon...datewise they just said Little House will be starting in the fall. 1975? 1976?

Michael is swoonworthy!

Good Morning and remember to SMILE! Wear a smile — one size fits all.

I just love the old Hoosier Cabinet and the wash stand pictures and I love old houses (even with all the upkeep :) I love my old house and would not want a new modern home. You lose the character of the old.

You asked and you shall receive :giggle: I have a few pictures of my crafts that I do on my Silhouette CAMEO Die Cut Machine. Here are just a few: These two are made from a frosted glass brick, lights inside and vinyl cut from the die cutter.

Attachments

• glass blocks.jpg
    glass blocks.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 69
The next pictures are a few cards I am working on for the 2016 birthdays...I made all my Christmas Cards for Christmas, too. But, no pictures I took.

Attachments

• 10988514_10205811127095553_1410992756137930567_n.jpg
    10988514_10205811127095553_1410992756137930567_n.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 71
Niner...they were pajamas!! LOL Shiny pajamas :) :)

My grandma did not believed in wearing pants (dresses only) but, pajamas were different! I sure miss my grandma...
I can remember grandma telling me when her daughters came by (after they were married) wearing pants and she cried!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez