SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else notice little miss smarty pants, in one of her interviews, called it her "allocation??"

I hate her more everyday.

GreenEyes, it is just downright disturbing how she can elicit such strong emotions. I experience irrational feelings of hatred for her, it is unnerving. In all seriousness I look forward to the day she is in a place where she can no longer spew her venon and practice her unique brand of evil.

Getting a little bit tired of hearing about Jodi's "mental illness" on HLN so I sent them an email.

Wanted to comment on Jodi's "personality disorder." In my opinion personality disorders are not mental illnesses they are character flaws. There has to come an end to trying to classify bad behaviors or evil people by labeling them. Labeling them with a "disorder" implies they have little to no control over their actions and therefore they should not be held to the same standard as someone not labeled. Jodi had a normal childhood. There is no evidence she was abused or neglected. She simply believes she is the only one in the world who matters. Lets stop giving her a pass and call a spade a spade. She planned and carried out this butchering of Travis and nothing should lessen her responsibility for those actions.

Amen.
I like Dr Drew but am getting sick of hearing him and the Psychologist on his behavior panel excuse her behavior because of her borderline personality.
They always qualify their sympathy by saying "Not excusing what she has done- BUT she needs help". She made one bad choice after another over many years, she murdered in cold blood and is not the least bit repentant, in fact I think she is thrilled at all the attention and the pain she has inflicted - her actions are those of a sociopath, not someone who made one 'mistake' and she cannot be helped by professionals - she will turn around and bite those who try.

I have a venison roast in the slow cooker along with beef broth, onions, garlic, bay leaf, tomato paste, salt, pepper, hot sauce.....gonna have french dip sammichs tonight. I already have homemade buns to go with.... ooooooooooh and some melty provolone cheese.

Great! What time is dinner?

I'm refusing to work today. It's either sit here on WS or go home because I have no patience and I'm not in the mood for any of these people. All I want to do is curl up in bed with my ipad and post with you all.

But, I'll stay at work, as long as everyone leaves me alone.

I hope we all cheer up. Foul moods suck.

I wish I could ignore work today but I have a project that is due tomorrow.
If I don't get it finished by tomorrow, I will have to work the weekend.

Can someone please text me if a verdict is reached? I really need to work but I love WS so much. I would really appreciate it. TIA.

Did anyone else notice little miss smarty pants, in one of her interviews, called it her "allocation??"

I hate her more everyday.

My favorite :rolleyes: was a clip from the interview where Jodi uses the word contemporaneous and quickly asks the reporter if she understands what this means. :banghead:

It's chilly, damp, dark, and dreary in these parts - a perfect day for the jury to render a DP verdict. I'm wearing my blue lounging pajamas (had them on yesterday, too) for Travis and his family. :please: let today be the beginning of real JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS by sending Ms. Arias off to prison (hopefully death row) for the rest of her life.

This was not a high-profile case (Detroit), although it was mentioned on some of the nightly news programs for a while. This is one of the most powerful conclusions to a trial that I have ever seen. It will only take about 5 minutes of your time and is worthwhile. Some of the Judge's comments sound like she could be addressing JA.

D'Andre Lane sentenced to life in prison - YouTube

It's the same here today, which is making me want to go home all the more. I love that you have on blue comfies!!

I am in a bad mood too. Tripped this morning and my whole side is hurting from hitting concrete. I jammed my finger and it is super sore and swollen.
Ripped my favorite jeans and for some reason at work people will not leave me alone. They expect me to work while I am on verdict watch. Go figure.

Pass a mimosa to me please. I need something to get me out of my funk.

Hopeful and Rosemary, I hope the day gets better for you.

Aww :( I'm sorry you fell. I hope you feel better!

SmokeyGirl quote:

But then again, Jodi has a purpose in everything she does. She knew that this drawing would be made public.

She has always tried to stay one step ahead of everyone...she left home at 17 BEFORE her parents kicked her out,she left Darryl for Travis because Travis could give her things that D wouldn't/couldn'tshe tried to figure out what the police had before giving any information on what happened to Travisshe re-designed her defense after she knew what the state had on her, so that her story would seem more plausibleshe threatened the prosecution with dragging the Alexander family through the mud if they didn't agree with the plea bargain she sent themshe attempted to play the victim so that the jury would give her a lessor sentence.
.......................................................................................................................

She really is not very original {in spike of claiming she is an artist}, she follows the same patterns in everything she does.

She follows a basic formula to control the people around her: blackmail & threats. Examples: threats to Alexander's family and prosecutor, intimidation of Travis' female friends, the last emails to Travis-some kind of scam, control of her imagine in the interviews, etc. Playing the victim and martyr when threats don't work.

Her artwork is faked. Traced and copied.
Her photography is mundane.

And then, everyone in her life betrays her: her parents, her boy friends, her lawyers and now the jury.

Her persona of an intelligent, gentle soft-spoken person that would not hurt a fly, her spiritual quests......sexy blond {fake *advertiser censored*/bleached hair} hotie, all fake.

Which leads me to the conclusion, that the reason people think she is "off", something not right about her, is because her eyes show her true self, and everything else is an "act", a "performance". Everything is imagine to her. She said it herself when she said: "It shows how superficial I really am". That statement was the complete truth.

Under the veneer of calm and control lies an angry out of control person who gets through life trying to control everything else around her through manipulation, lies and threats/blackmail.

I think she is a danger to society, and will NEVER be able to become an authentic person.
She is a fake.

I think Travis threaten to expose her, and that's why she killed him.

I can only imagine how much she hates Juan Martinez. And she is all about revenge.

Why would they begin again today at 11 am ? Why that extra hour off? It's like they want it to go beyond the 3 / 4 day weekend. Grrrr

Good morning! Thinking of the Alexander family today. Praying that the jury can come to a verdict today. If they have to select a new jury and do this phase all over again, it's going to be awful for the Alexanders. They've been through enough :(

O/T Sad morning for my hubby and I. Our kitty passed away. She was diagnosed with Feline Leukemia a couple of years ago, and had been healthy up until a few days ago. She lived a long time (almost seven years) with the disease, and was such a ball of love <3 Going to miss her so much.

HLN is still spinning the "cannot agree" note that was sent to the Judge yesterday. Some claim there was an "If" that was left out. Using logic and considering my experience as a juror for a Murder trial, I will not believe this jury meant they could not reach an agreement as early as 2 hours into deliberation. They spent far more time deliberating a decision for the first 2 phases of this trial than 2 hours each. The logic is just not here. I am wanting to rip off the TH's heads!

I agree with the theory that the jury was asking for clarification with instructions given the word "if", especially since the jury had just been in the courtroom to be provided with an instruction which was inadvertently omitted. It makes sense that they went back to the jury room and reviewed the instructions again.

Is there a copy of the instructions available?

When Juan interpreted the instructions for the jury, my take away was that the death penalty is reserved for especially cruel murder. The jury must weigh the aggravating factors that make this murder especially cruel against any mitigating factors which might exist. If a mitigating factor is deemed to exist, for which the burden of proof falls on the defense, then the jury must decide if the mitigating factor is sufficient to warrant offsetting cruelty factors. Then leniency may be considered instead of the death penalty.

Wilmott did repeat that it was up to the defense to submit mitigating factors, with a much lower threshold than required of the State in the guilt phase. She also told the jury that they may consider their own mitigating factors, such as a belief that no person under the age of 30 should be put to death. She was very deliberate in framing her words so that the jury would not be voting for the death penalty, but instead choosing to kill or execute Jodi. She made it very personal.

I'd really like to see the jury instructions...I know that if I were part of this jury, I would use them as part of any possible argument. Essentially, the State of Arizona allows for the death penalty under certain conditions. Those conditions have been met and it is now for the jury to decide if any mitigating factors exist that are sufficient in total to offset the aggravating factors to such an extent that would justify leniency. While each juror's weighing of factors is subjective, it should be done so within the framework of the law and should in now way be construed to be a personal decision. We, the jury, are charged with following the rules of law. As I understand it, the law presumes that the death penalty is the proper penalty unless there are mitigating factors of such a magnitude that they would negative the cruel nature of this murder.

Jurors, if the strictest penalty were not death, but instead solitary confinement, would this have any bearing on your deliberation? Should it? You are being asked to consider if any leniency should be shown before awarding the most severe punishment available in this state.

I'm going to maybe have to get a new keyboard after this. Don't know if it's wine or what but all the keys are sticking.

Originally Posted by sacrablue
Let's say you got a juror who is asking for life because he/she believes JA has no priors and was too young.
How does one change this opinion?

To this I would say. How old is everyone in here? Everyone gives their age. Then I would ask if any of them have ever been molested, abused either sexually, mentally, physically etc. Then I would ask if they had ever had a time when they felt like killing someone? Then I would ask why they didn't and then I would say that she wants you to believe that her pretend problems are worse than anything you have ever faced in your life and that we all did not do this to someone else and many of us have suffered far greater problems and some of us may be alot older than 27 and have had many more reasons, chances etc to kill but never did. So are we to believe that her made up abuse is worse and a reason to kill when we all have been through so much more?

My favorite :rolleyes: was a clip from the interview where Jodi uses the word contemporaneous and quickly asks the reporter if she understands what this means. :banghead:

I thought the use of "contemporaneous" in that statement was really weird.

That would be great news! I watched the clip 4 times of JSS addressing the jury. No If . I suppose it's possible JSS misconstrued the question?... Is that what they are thinking?

It certainly is an interesting problem. Judge Stephens clearly does not include the word IF. The Maricopa County Court twitter site clearly says the jury question includes the word IF. Did the judge jump to a conclusion? Is she privy to some information we don't have? Is the court tweet wrong? I've kind of given up at this point, and figure we'll find out today.

BTW, I watched HLN for the first time really during this trial. Aside from having to constantly change the volume when she spoke, I didn't find JVM as bad as I thought she would be. Of course, I've only seen her once. She looked like she was ready to hop in the ring with the lawyer Darren Kavinoky over whether money would be wasted by impanelling a new jury for this phase. I can see why everybody likes Beth Karas so much -- a rare voice of reason.

I am curious! How can anyone say they will not support this jury if no death penalty is given? This is the same jury who convicted her of premeditated murder with aggravation. This is the jury who has been in that courtroom for five months. And this jury didn't get to see all of Jodi's recent interviews. They do not know all the evidence and stories from friends that we know about. We don't know why they weren't told Jodi had two knives and a gun with her upon arrest. We dont know why they did not see her parents being interviewed. There was a lot kept from this jury. Why? I don't know. But all of you who were glowing about this jury when they came back with murder one, now want to give them a hard time when they haven't even reached a verdict! They know Jodi is evil. They may give her the dp. They may also think she is crazy sick and deserves life in prison. It is their decision.
Judgmental much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member