SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so!! Still lightly snowing...only 33 degrees!!!! Brrrrrrrr....

Isn't that odd for Montana this time of year?

Very humid here in MA today which is why I hate summer.

I make a fabulous Holiday Punch with cranberry juice cocktail, frozen orange juice concentrate, ginger ale, a jar of maraschino cherries/juice, and Champagne (non-alcoholic bubbly for kids). :cheers:

Yeah, I thought there was something missing here. Where's the scotch?

Brian-Griffin.jpg

Trying to make you feel better...it could be that one or two jurors are DP qualified because they would give the DP to people like child killers or Timothy McVeys.

So maybe the other jurors are slowly bringing them around to see that cruel death is cruel whether a child or adult like Travis is murdered in a cruel way.

Last night, a juror from the Petit case (Mother and two daughters raped and set on fire, father beaten up) was interviewed on Dr. Drew and she said they has a couple of DP hold outs but they were able to carefully and slowly bring them around to be comfortable with giving Death.

Good luck with Kyle's treatment starting again today. We are all rooting for him!

Thanks marlap, that's what I am hoping is happening. Kyle starts his chemo in 10 minutes (we must kill that tumor he named "jodi!")

wonder if jodi will be acting like she's at a cocktail party again today...

Another reason to let all her TV interviews, online conversations be available to them, just in case one of them felt pity for her. They should be told when they're being manipulated, but there is so much information withheld from them because it's all too 'prejudicial'.

And the BBM above is what has nagged at me throughout this trial How can a jury be expected to make a decision when so much is held back from them. I have to keep reminding myself the jury doesn't know what we know....and it make me sick .....truly sick to my stomach. Another thing that really enraged me was she was allowed to say her 'good friend patty' and her 9 yo daughter were threatened and therefore was not there to speak for her....yet the Alexander Family's VIS had to be scrutinized to the nth degree...what is fair.....I am so sick about hearing about her frigging rights...and Travis has no rights...she slaughtered him and yet it's her rights that must be protected..:stormingmad::stormingmad:

Watching Jodi Ann lightly and jovially banter with the bailiff yesterday, I gotta think that's she's been seriously deluded since childhood. If her mother wrote a tell-all about her, that seemed to be truthful, it would make a TON of money. In a perfect, or even a good world, she'd give a humongous hunk of that money to the Alexanders.

I mean, when somebody's this bad, it behooves us to study it, and make sure it never happens again, if at all possible! :facepalm:

That really bothered me with the bailiff yesterday, I wonder what he was thinking and why he would even talk to the vixen?

I have a venison roast in the slow cooker along with beef broth, onions, garlic, bay leaf, tomato paste, salt, pepper, hot sauce.....gonna have french dip sammichs tonight. I already have homemade buns to go with.... ooooooooooh and some melty provolone cheese.

I hope you won't mind if I sneak in through your doggie door at dinnertime.

drooling-emoticon.gif

I have a venison roast in the slow cooker along with beef broth, onions, garlic, bay leaf, tomato paste, salt, pepper, hot sauce.....gonna have french dip sammichs tonight. I already have homemade buns to go with.... ooooooooooh and some melty provolone cheese.

How long does it take to get to the Land of OZ from CT. I would like to come over for dinner. I will bring desert and a beverage.

Oops, my smiles are not working.

It certainly is an interesting problem. Judge Stephens clearly does not include the word IF. The Maricopa County Court twitter site clearly says the jury question includes the word IF. Did the judge jump to a conclusion? Is she privy to some information we don't have? Is the court tweet wrong? I've kind of given up at this point, and figure we'll find out today.

BTW, I watched HLN for the first time really during this trial. Aside from having to constantly change the volume when she spoke, I didn't find JVM as bad as I thought she would be. Of course, I've only seen her once. She looked like she was ready to hop in the ring with the lawyer Darren Kavinoky over whether money would be wasted by impanelling a new jury for this phase. I can see why everybody likes Beth Karas so much -- a rare voice of reason.

Good Morning Mom!

I was thinking maybe they did ask IF first ... and then they got their answer about how to proceed if they were deadlocked. Then what we all saw was her addressing their note that came AFTER which was the note saying they were deadlocked. Did that make any sense to anyone?

O/T Sad morning for my hubby and I. Our kitty passed away. She was diagnosed with Feline Leukemia a couple of years ago, and had been healthy up until a few days ago. She lived a long time (almost seven years) with the disease, and was such a ball of love <3 Going to miss her so much.

So sorry to hear of your loss. We are cat lovers here, too. I do believe all kitties go to heaven, where they immediately make themselves right at home!

It's chilly, damp, dark, and dreary in these parts - a perfect day for the jury to render a DP verdict. I'm wearing my blue lounging pajamas (had them on yesterday, too) for Travis and his family. :please: let today be the beginning of real JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS by sending Ms. Arias off to prison (hopefully death row) for the rest of her life.

This was not a high-profile case (Detroit), although it was mentioned on some of the nightly news programs for a while. This is one of the most powerful conclusions to a trial that I have ever seen. It will only take about 5 minutes of your time and is worthwhile. Some of the Judge's comments sound like she could be addressing JA.

D'Andre Lane sentenced to life in prison - YouTube

That man deserves a hell of a lot more than he got if I was on the jury I would have insisted on the DP. He is too stupid to live.

I'm refusing to work today. It's either sit here on WS or go home because I have no patience and I'm not in the mood for any of these people. All I want to do is curl up in bed with my ipad and post with you all.

But, I'll stay at work, as long as everyone leaves me alone.

I hope we all cheer up. Foul moods suck.

This'll perk you up, Hopeful. He's waiting, dreamily, on the beaches of Waikiki, just for you....

attorney.jpg

Wow! Well, you can always cuddle up with that grizzly.

I feel like we could use that nice warm grizzly here Sleuth. My vegetables that I just planted in the garden during our heat wave came kicking at my door this morning demanding a heater and blankets! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I just washed and packed up my electric blanket, only to drag it out yesterday and put it back on the bed. Oh...and I forgot I turned all the heat off when it was 80 degrees that week....I have ice hanging off places ice doesn't belong... :floorlaugh:

Getting a little bit tired of hearing about Jodi's "mental illness" on HLN so I sent them an email.

Wanted to comment on Jodi's "personality disorder." In my opinion personality disorders are not mental illnesses they are character flaws. There has to come an end to trying to classify bad behaviors or evil people by labeling them. Labeling them with a "disorder" implies they have little to no control over their actions and therefore they should not be held to the same standard as someone not labeled. Jodi had a normal childhood. There is no evidence she was abused or neglected. She simply believes she is the only one in the world who matters. Lets stop giving her a pass and call a spade a spade. She planned and carried out this butchering of Travis and nothing should lessen her responsibility for those actions.

LOL that's funny because I just e-mailed Dr Drew last night almost the same thing. I said Dr Drew, it's not "mental illness" when she clearly knows what she's doing and she purposefully does it for one reason - to benefit Jodi. I also said her so-called "personality disorder" is actually this : Spoiled Brat who Nobody Held Accountable for Her Actions Her Whole Life. I said, Dr. Drew, do you have this "personality disorder" is your DSMIV?? LOL> And I told him I stopped watching his show during the penalty phase b/c he was showing too much compassion for Jodi.

wonder if jodi will be acting like she's at a cocktail party again today...

Wasn't that weird yesterday? ... She was all smiley and animated regaling the bailiff with some bliddity blah showing him something with her hand. WTF

Amen.
I like Dr Drew but am getting sick of hearing him and the Psychologist on his behavior panel excuse her behavior because of her borderline personality.
They always qualify their sympathy by saying "Not excusing what she has done- BUT she needs help". She made one bad choice after another over many years, she murdered in cold blood and is not the least bit repentant, in fact I think she is thrilled at all the attention and the pain she has inflicted - her actions are those of a sociopath, not someone who made one 'mistake' and she cannot be helped by professionals - she will turn around and bite those who try.

I totally agree, ZsaZsa. Stone cold sociopath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop