SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do too, I also see the side-show and the social media circus that goes along with it ... and I wonder if it has a negative effect on the process.

It sure does. I don't know what the solution is...

Certainly the very last person who should have accepted the role as foreman would be one that would later state that they were not attorneys in terms of understanding their instructions.

thisthisthisthisthis!

Exactly. Death qualified means that the person would be able to hand down a death verdict if they saw fit. They don't qualify that though. I think it's reasonable for some to be on one end of the spectrum, where everyone who is convicted of M1 gets the DP, while only the worst of the worst do, like serial killers or pedophiles.

No priors was a 'listed mitigation factor', so I can see how someone that was burned out and leaned towards sympathy for girls could see it that way. (referring to: She wasn't like Bundy etc.)

On a side note: The way he answered about the prosecutor's style... that comment about "talking down to"... was ambiguous. He could have meant he felt the prosecutor talked down to the witnesses, and he wouldn't like to be talked to that way. (Juan can cross me any day ♥)
I'm frustrated that someone like him was on the jury, but I'm glad they delivered on M1 and the aggravating factors. :seeya:

BBM

I don't get what you mean? He (Travis) was pushed to the brink? Why should Travis be on trial? Sorry I'm confused by what you are saying.

Sorry I wasn't clear. Yes, Travis was pushed to the brink and with a different man it would have been him on trial for hurting or killing JA instead of the other way around

Was your first clue ..." It's so debasing ... I like it " ?

Lol, no, the clue bus visited my part of the internet a while before that. I really wish the prosecution could have found some evidence that Jodi was kinky that way. On the other hand, it may have backfired. You wouldn't be able to show Travis was the baseball and apple pie kind of guy. And Jodi would just have said "Travis was into knife play". :doh:

keiffer is the pro jodi journalist who was covering the the trial for newspaper, who reported ALV went to er because of stress and was being stalked in resturants - which mighta have gotten her in more trouble cuz she wasn't suppose to talk to press and some how was able to get the sealed jury question about jury not agreeing and publishing it

Yes, I remember hearing about that. Didn't know it was this K person.

When asked "Do you think it was good for the Justice System that there were cameras in the court, that this (KC trial) was such a widely followed case? Judge Belvin Perry said "Well, in Florida we've always had cameras and I think people need to know how their Justice System works and that's the only way it can work."

I've been through two big, high-profile trials. I agree with him for the most part.

i blame belvin for jury selection (which lost the case), but i did love the way he ran his courtroom. i've watched trials for over 20 years and he was one of my favorites.

i'd watch another trial of his. i don't feel that way about judge sherry. JMO.

Someone posted that here or on FB just after it happened. Makes one wonder how on earth a throwaway statement like that filtered allllllll the way back to the DT if a juror didn't carry it.

:rolleyes:

Actually, not the DT, Tara said it was a court staff member that reported it.

Dick DeGuerin is a legend in Texas

http://www.texasmonthly.com/content/verdict

The case that DeGuerin's class was studying in late November was similar to the one involving Durst: The prosecution had a 911 tape in which a Thai teenager admitted to shooting four gang members outside his Houston home.

"What's my rule when things look bad for your guy?" DeGuerin asked the class.

"Embrace the ugly baby!" they called back in unison.

"That's right," DeGuerin beamed, pleased that his message had stuck. "Make chicken salad out of chicken feathers."

Would that make Jodi Ann the "ugly baby"? :drumroll:

Just watched this video of Marjorie Orbin "Diary of a ShowGirl" who is sentenced to LWOP in Arizona the Prosecutor is Treena Kay....our JM's girlfriend TK is at the very beginning of video.

http://http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6732184n

She has been in prison for 2 years now and has gone from a Level 5 to a Level 4 already. Read this in Camille Kimballs blog she has been following her and wrote a book.

Please can some one answer a few questions for me....my earache of 1 1/2 years decided to flare up and I have not been reading.

or send me to the right area to find answers...

Thanks so much

1. What happened to Donovan?

2. Why were FJA family not at final court hearing?

3. Where is FJA now.....in solitary? can she give interviews? Can she have visitors or is she under the rules of a murderer and has limited phone, snack, etc. privileges?

4. Does FJA keep the same attorneys?

5. How long before the new hearing/trial starts? Televised or not?

Again...thank you very much

Donovan may be prohibited from any contact with CMja, but she is still getting her mug out in the media on her bestie's behalf. http://www.azcentral.com/video/2405626916001

Would that make Jodi Ann the "ugly baby"? :drumroll:

"It was a simple case," he told me as we drank coffee in the plaza outside the law school. "It was complicated because Durst is rich, wore a wig, pretended to be a mute woman, and was suspected of killing his wife in 1982." Put another way, there was an alleyful of ugly babies, some of them the size of gorillas, to be embraced.

PS he won the case of the Thai gang member too. The guy is good.

Jodi's team tried to embrace some bad facts...she had created too many running her mouth before and after her arrest

i know, but i guess it is just making me very sad that ppl feel the need to actually threaten him and harass him so badly because they don't agree. go to a discussion board, or talk to your friends, or even comments on on news articles to tell ppl you don't agree w/ the man, but going after him and his family in a personal way is just wrong

I don't agree with people going after this juror as far as harassment/threats/ etc, but his job involves the media, he is known for that, so he has inadvertently exposed his family, and he should have kept his agreement with the other jurors.
"All's fair in love and social media"........if you're going to put it out there, you better be ready for the consequences, good or bad.:twocents:
It is what it is. Venting on him or his family won't change a thing. I'd rather discuss issues on a board with rational people than hunt someone down on the internet, isn't that "cyber-stalking"?
He's a "big boy".....
.......the irony is, what will be considered "abuse"? People voicing their opinions about his part in the jury process directly to him, or how he responds back directly to them?

Hello Folks:seeya:

Trying to catch up here today, but I got a glimpse of a video someone posted at the end of the last thread sidebar 6 regarding Dr. Robert Hare an expert on psychopaths, he made some very telling and interesting comments so I googled him and found an article that has a checklist of the characteristics of a psychopath.

I know we've had many articles posted on here throughout this trial, but I thought I'd post his one and share it with you guys, it describes Jodi Arias as a Psychopath unequivocally by definition to a T. See excerpt and the link below, if you guys get a chance please read it. As I read the checklist I couldn't find anything that did not apply to her, eerie.

Excerpt:
“I knew in my heart something was wrong with him (or with her)”. This is what nearly every victim of a psychopath has felt, usually early on in the relationship. The over-the-top flattery. The quick pace of the relationship and demands for instant commitment. The lies and inconsistencies. The callousness towards others. The disregard for social norms. The sense of superiority (absolute narcissism), without having much to show for it or justify it. The aimlessness and lack of responsibility. The random oscillations in mood and behavior, to exert power over others. The demands for isolation from loved ones and friends. The sexual deviancy. The control and possessiveness. There are always very disturbing signs in the psychopathic bond, signs that we tend to ignore or rationalize until the toxic relationship, like a disease, takes over to destroy our lives.

http://psychopathyawareness.wordpress.com/2011/10/03/the-list-of-psychopathy-symptoms/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech