SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:floorlaugh:
8 tracks! My brother had one in his car!
Singing right along and then KLUNK! changes track in the middle of a song! :floorlaugh:

This from your siggy:
"Arias selling domestic violence t-shirts is like Casey Anthony selling shirts for missing children". -Mark Eiglarsh

I love me some Mark Eiglarsh - how on earth did I miss this? I can just hear him saying it in that dry, dry tone!

Bailiff to the Judge "Judge I have 260 people out in the hallway from a website called "web checkers or sleuth checks or crime beaters" and they want seats for the trial.

They tell me first thing in the morning there are 10 to 12 of the webbers coming in, then after lunch 60 to 80 more meander in and then late afternoon another 300 or so join them. And some of them drink... They want seats and they expect in this case to sit on the prosecution side because they have already seen this defendant in action"......

and the Judge says "oh no it is those damn Websleuther's I know who they are - open up the holding cell and put the whole crew in until that fellow from AZ, Juan Martinez who got them all riled up comes and bails the whole crew out".

Sign me up! :floorlaugh:

We need to to petition for a night court for this trial! As everyone knows the best folks here come in at night!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

This one is new to me.

Dear TV news shows,

You mete out these interviews in little 2 minute 30 chunks. I thought I had seen this one before but I hadn't. I understand that this is how you get us to watch ads online, but it's still annoying.

AZ Central, your aspiring artist camera person with the angled shots and meta views of the camera recording a camera recording the interview? Stop. The TV news is not the news.

No love,
Mollyf

Wow...thanks for the link for the new clip on ABC. I like the way juror 13 approached it...so different from Foreman...it sounded like the first day he was going with life, but then he slept on it and said at night he thought to himself "let me visit the other side" and thought about it and debated it.....I guess the next day during deliberations he changed his mind to Death. WOW SO PROUD OF HIM -- not for simply changing his vote, but for the whole process he undertook in which he was willing to KEEP AN OPEN MIND. That takes a lot of guts and that is the kind of juror I would want if I was on trial. I am very impressed with him.

I also find it very interesting how they made a list with one side had CMJA's redeeming qualities and one side had the aggravating factors of the killing. Even Juror 13 said he thought she could "contribute" something, so while her little prison presentation seemed pitiful to us, I think it did have some effect on the jurors. They couldn't understand that she was just making all of it up like she has been with everything.

Also interesting that they caught onto the fact that the "real" Jodi is the one in the media interviews shown in court, and that the "meek" Jodi was just an act designed for them. I think these 3 jurors really got to see how big of an act she was playing for them!

BBM

Do I sense some confusion on how a jury deliberates in the penalty phase?

IMO, juror number 16 phrased things very well in terms of deliberation,mitigating factors and respecting one fellow jurors and their votes:

http://www.kpho.com/story/22428063/arias-juror-no-16-says-she-feels-relieved-satisfied

Apologizes in advance for getting up on a soapbox, but it was clearly spelled out in the jury instructions that mitigating factors are not limited to those presented by the defense. People have their own individual beliefs and opinions when it comes to justice and the severity of the penalty, and these can be considered mitigating factors in deliberation.

To throw it out there, does every person who kills another human being deserve the death penalty? If not, why not? This is the kind of question that each and every one of those jurors pondered when they decided as individuals what was the appropriate punishment for CMJA.

I would like to hear from all jurors in this case. I have concerns that some may be reluctant to speak freely about their experience, especially in light of the bashing of the foreman. To me, it would be interesting to learn how they viewed the facts of the case and arguments presented, their theories about events, opinions about witnesses and counsel, and the deliberation process.

No not confusion. At least not in my mind.

Because of the aggravating circumstance found by the jurors making JA eligible for the DP the judge instructed them they needed to individually determine if the total of the mitigation is sufficiently substantial to call for leniency.

*Leniency means a sentence less than death.

You betcha. If it had been a man, a fat, old or ugly woman he wouldn’t have any problem voting for the DP. After hearing his statements, there’s no question in my mind of his bias for CKJA. Even if he honestly believed that JA was verbally abused, when weighed against the aggravating factor, it would be deemed insignificant by any rational thinking person.

I think his comments are mind-boggling. In one interview he said he'll never forget the moment the guilty verdict was delivered. "I had vowed that I wasn't going to look at her but I did and seeing her face when that verdict was read, I will remember forever."

So the disappointment on JA face was more memorable than Travis, the Alexander family or the autopsy photos. Seems to me Mr. F that’s what you should remembered forever.

As for her not having a criminal record, so what!!! It has no relevancy and it’s not fair that it should have even been noted. After all, if she did have a criminal record, it would have been kept out of the trial as being prejudicial and irrelevant. IMO) whether she had a prior criminal record or not has no bearing.

As for her age, again so what!!! What difference does it make if she was 21, 27, or 87. It doesn’t change the savage premeditated slaughter she engage in.

This is all MOO.

Very moving post. He sounds like he wishes he would have voted differently now, in the first phase. Why was she so memorable, but what she did to Travis wasn't? I find that appalling.

If I did the math right, Robert Towery was only 19 when he murdered Mark Jones. I wonder if Mr. JF would have voted DP for him.

Really, though, for me, it's not about how he voted, but his comments in interviews. They're very disturbing and indicate he was less than forthcoming about his true feelings during voir dire.

Thanks, that I knew...but I did not think she was in lock down from the time the guilty verdict was read to the hung jury....

I now will lurk...no more comments

NO! Don't lurk. Comment! Comment! :D

She was thrown onto the psych ward after the verdict because of comments she made in her dumb a$$ post conviction interview.

They probably had to drag her out. Anyway, I think that's the way it goes after a guilt verdict? Or maybe a First Degree conviction means she has to go into SC until her sentencing.

Someone in the know please jump in and correct/explain!

Please post comments! I enjoy hearing what any of us has to say! Always interesting!

:ditto:

I know the process begins July 18. Motions, jury selection, etc. When does the actual trial begin?

No not confusion. At least not in my mind.

Because of the aggravating circumstance found by the jurors making JA eligible for the DP the judge instructed them they needed to individually determine if the total of the mitigation is sufficiently substantial to call for leniency.

*Leniency means a sentence less than death.

I changed your underscores to make my point. :D

This part of your post is what sent our esteemed Foreman into a tailspin, making him forget that once that part was accomplished, they needed to come together and deliberate.

Maybe you can all help me understand something-why on the sex tape dated May 10, 2008 does Travis say to Jodi "I am glad we started having sex" He did not say having sex he used another word I cant repeat.

Why on this date does he say that-it is almost like they recently to that date started having sex?????? It has always just not sat right with me and it is an off statement?? Any thoughts?

Also does Travis not seem drunk or something in that tape? He sounds so odd?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Lisa

Welcome to our group Cecils Diesel! :seeya:

Those are great observations, but I don't know...

:wagon:

I just got back from San Antonio, and when I got home I was in shock! My husband is a very educated man, an attorney, and he doesn't have the common sense to find his way out of a parking lot puddle sometimes. He would had given JA manslaughter! I could kick his azz. I am 62 and my husband is 78. I could absolutely give JA the death penalty! You don't necessarily have to be a genius to sit on a jury, but COMMON sense. I call certain people like my husband, God bless him, educated idiots! :)

bbm

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

You are right about the common sense part. I told my sister I was watching the trial. I told her that this woman stabbed her "boyfriend" 29 times, slit his throat from ear to ear, and then shot him, stuffed him in a shower, and left him there until others found him. And now she's saying she doesn't remember stabbing him, she has no memory of it. My sister IMMEDIATELY said, "no way possible...how can she not remember stabbing him so many times and doing all the other things? There is no way and she's lying." I thought it was so funny considering all the many many days of "experts' the defense brought on just to try to prove the ridiculous assertion that she didn't remember it! It's like....as if these educated lawyers had experts on the stand trying to convince the jury that.....seriously, there IS a santa claus.

Thanks, that I knew...but I did not think she was in lock down from the time the guilty verdict was read to the hung jury....

I now will lurk...no more comments

Don't lurk ! I was just being silly and just blaming it on her. I am sorry I offended you with my smart azzz remark

the night the guilty verdict she did an interview saying that she now wants to the death penalty instead of life. that led to the sheriff making the decision to put her on a psych watch / mandatory evaluation process.

When she came back she again had the same privileges. and again she went on a Full Tilt media blitz. It was only after the last verdict was given that she was put on the tight watch.

Hopefully this 23 hour a day lockdown will last for a very very long time. and it includes no more media interviews.

Don't have paint...I use to do it in Photobucket...but now they want me to sign up. errrr.

Picasa also can be used to resize. If you don't have that, search 'resize image'. I found several free online resize programs there.

Wow...thanks for the link for the new clip on ABC. I like the way juror 13 approached it...so different from Foreman...it sounded like the first day he was going with life, but then he slept on it and said at night he thought to himself "let me visit the other side" and thought about it and debated it.....I guess the next day during deliberations he changed his mind to Death. WOW SO PROUD OF HIM -- not for simply changing his vote, but for the whole process he undertook in which he was willing to KEEP AN OPEN MIND. That takes a lot of guts and that is the kind of juror I would want if I was on trial. I am very impressed with him.

I also find it very interesting how they made a list with one side had CMJA's redeeming qualities and one side had the aggravating factors of the killing. Even Juror 13 said he thought she could "contribute" something, so while her little prison presentation seemed pitiful to us, I think it did have some effect on the jurors. They couldn't understand that she was just making all of it up like she has been with everything.

Also interesting that they caught onto the fact that the "real" Jodi is the one in the media interviews shown in court, and that the "meek" Jodi was just an act designed for them. I think these 3 jurors really got to see how big of an act she was playing for them!

I too have a lot of respect for them. I think many of us had thought they were going home after a difficult days work and sleeping on it. What a great way to manage their conscience and deliberations! I really wonder what the original vote was for life or death. How many changed their original position? I dont really need (but want to) to know whom, but I would like to know how many, which way and why. Personally and specifically just the brutality of the crime had me going for DP and I don't think I would budge. Then when I saw her interview and absolutely zero remorse, but rather an ego enveloped around the brutality of her crime, I was certain IMO she was proud, felt justified, relished in the crime itself and now the spotlight. Plus one is only safe from her murderous rages if we don't threaten her. This woman has earned the DP. Of course, the deliberating jurors didnt see little miss smugness until they were released from duty. Oh boy! I'm about to go off on a tangent! Sit on hands for a few......

True -- but the jury was also told that any mitigating circumstance had to OUT WEIGH the crime. In other words, Jodi being 27 -- is that greater or less important than stabbing Travis 29 times, slitting his throat and shooting him?

Mitigating circumstances aren't to be seen in a vacuum - they are to be weighted against the crime. And I quote:

Hey, she was ONLY 27! How's the girl supposed to understand the complicated Morman chastity directive or the intricacies of Arizonas felony murder law at that tender age??

Picasa also can be used to resize. If you don't have that, search 'resize image'. I found several free online resize programs there.

OMG...just shoot me. Paint was there all along! :ufo:

We don't know yet....depends on how long it takes to get new jurors picked etc.

It also depends on the prosecutor and judges previous schedule. it was my understanding the prosecutor had a big case coming up that had to do with a policeman being killed. that case would conflict with this new one so who knows which way they will go.

My money is it will not happen until next year. the policeman trial will go first and perhaps nurmi and Wilmont will then be relieved because if it is delayed that long it would give a new attorney time to catch up. If it is in July, I doubt a new attorney will be assigned for the defendant.

Don't lurk ! I was just being silly and just blaming it on her. I am sorry I offended you with my smart azzz remark

the night the guilty verdict she did an interview saying that she now wants to the death penalty instead of life. that led to the sheriff making the decision to put her on a psych watch / mandatory evaluation process.

When she came back she again had the same privileges. and again she went on a Full Tilt media blitz. It was only after the last verdict was given that she was put on the tight watch.

Hopefully this 23 hour a day lockdown will last for a very very long time. and it includes no more media interviews.

Will this get lifted and how and why? Then will she be able to do media again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB