SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried probably 15 different meds (I'm making myself sound like a basket case but oh well). Stuff works for awhile, then stops. Blah.

Sorry!! Didn't mean to turn this into the depression thread. :blushing:

No way! This is everybody's thread to talk about everything! Besides, we care about you...

I'm glad you're still going to the dr trying to get it right.

I'm there!!
We should form our own chat, in the basement below the other room! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: On a side note, I saw this today and thought it was such a neat idea I'd post it incase anyone wanted to try it. Hit CTRL+ to make it bigger. Well, that doesn't really help...But you break open a glow stick, add some glitter, and Viola! you have a neat glowing light for your porch. I line our walk with them if it doesn't rain on Halloween.

Attachments

• 399420_10150983770638611_876370030_n.jpg
    399420_10150983770638611_876370030_n.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 36
Sleuth5,
I didn't promise you a "proper" British breakfast, but I'd be happy to tell you about it. DH and I stayed in Bed & Breakfast establishments (private homes) as we traversed England and Scotland. Our hosts served a traditional British breakfast each morning at a time that we specified. With some variation from venue to venue, here's what we enjoyed at the break of day: Eggs cooked to order, bacon and sausage - sometimes homemade, sautéed mushrooms, tomatoes, breakfast potatoes, a basket of breakfast pastries (scones, muffins, breads - always homemade), homemade preserves, coffee and/or tea, and a morning paper or two. Some hosts served the breakfast on a sideboard from which we helped ourselves, while others served us at table.

At the B & Bs where we stayed more than one night, we were treated to "proper" afternoon tea upon our return from sightseeing. Some hosts offered a home-cooked dinner option or made reservations for us at their favorite local pub.

Bon Appetit!

I went in oct to england and scotland. I stayed with a friend in East Sussex and she had a very lovely garden. So the veggies were great and she made homemade bread every few days. I then went to north Yorkshire for a drawing workshop(yes I can REALLY DRAW unlike Killer's tracing) had wonderful breakfasts there and then went to Scotland. I will go back one day to Scotland to visit Edinburgh. I may try HAGGIS??? I loved visiting across the pond. The only thing I found different were their sweet shop. their sweets are a bit different than ours. I loved my trip for sure.

Lol! Im from socal and heading to ND soon, might even end up doing biz out there for quite a awhile.
im not one bit used to cold let alone snow.

I was raised in California then spent 20 years in Arizona. I now live in Oregon. Snow takes some getting used to, but it's the BLACK ICE that nearly did me in. If you have ever stepped over the foul line in a bowling alley, it's pretty much the same idea.

I was doing about 45 and saw the traffic light was about to turn red. I had plenty of room to stop. Fortunately it was about 4:00 am (I was coming from taking my husband to the hospital) so there was no traffic. I applied the brakes, slowly at first. Nothing. Applied more pressure. Nothing. Anyway, I sailed on thru the red light like I never touched the brakes at all. Very scary!

Have someone teach you about driving in winter and learn to keep track of the temperature. Be safe!:twocents:

We should form our own chat, in the basement below the other room! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: On a side note, I saw this today and thought it was such a neat idea I'd post it incase anyone wanted to try it. Hit CTRL+ to make it bigger. Well, that doesn't really help...But you break open a glow stick, add some glitter, and Viola! you have a neat glowing light for your porch. I line our walk with them if it doesn't rain on Halloween.

I'm gonna do that!

Just need diamond glitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is going to sound so, so, SO stupid but what the H-E-double hockey sticks.

I've been battling my depression for the past week and missed three days of work last week. I HAVE to go back tomorrow but getting up and going is THE hardest part of my day when I have 'the sads'. If you are so inclined, will you say a lil prayer for your HO?

:tyou:

You got it Hopeful One!

TMI but I just took a shower and its cold here so I put on some cozy pants and my husband's long-sleeved thermal shirt. My daughter saw me, glared for a minute and said, "That is NOT cute."

Apparently Julia I am not. :D

Hope
Hugs you aren't alone! I feel the same! It is not a good feeling! I'm going to make a drs appt tomorrow. Re the depression! I have been feeling drained and no energy apetite! Not having the desire to go anywhere! Unless I have to! You aren't alone. This verdict. DIDNT help. Depression hurts

My hubby and sons love hot sauce too. Funny story...
One time the hubs made them REALLY hot chili. WAY hotter than he had intended. But of course, they ate it.
Next day, a sewage pipe in our basement burst...
I said "Well, I guess that chili really was hot!"
:floorlaugh:
(laughter is helpful when you are facing cleaning up sewage in the basement!)

We have a Thai restaurant here with a five star hot page. The names of the dishes are things like "Tiger Cry" and "Never Again."

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I'm WAY too chicken to try anything on that page. Been present when friends have and it sure ain't pretty!

And since this is a JA thread, I guess this fits.

The other day I was taking off my eye makeup and when I picked up the bottle, it looked different and I wondered why I had two different eye makeup removers.

But whatever, I squirt it on the cotton ball, rub it on my eye, and weird, why doesn't this feel right?

Yeah, I was using KY.

That's very very cool!

What color glow stick?

When my son was little I used to throw glow sticks in the bathtub with bubble bath... Then turn out the lights!
He loved it and it was so relaxing!

Hope
Hugs you aren't alone! I feel the same! It is not a good feeling! I'm going to make a drs appt tomorrow. Re the depression! I have been feeling drained and no energy apetite! Not having the desire to go anywhere! Unless I have to! You aren't alone. This verdict. DIDNT help. Depression hurts

Hugs Katie! So glad you're going for help!

I went in oct to england and scotland. I stayed with a friend in East Sussex and she had a very lovely garden. So the veggies were great and she made homemade bread every few days. I then went to north Yorkshire for a drawing workshop(yes I can REALLY DRAW unlike Killer's tracing) had wonderful breakfasts there and then went to Scotland. I will go back one day to Scotland to visit Edinburgh. I may try HAGGIS??? I loved visiting across the pond. The only thing I found different were their sweet shop. their sweets are a bit different than ours. I loved my trip for sure.

Hey Aliz, whereabouts in East Sussex did you stay? I'm in West Sussex.

Sometimes its a combo of meds...sometimes its no meds that work. Sometimes it goes as far as ECT. Sometimes its a combo of Western and alternative meds. There are many options and yet for some it seems like there are none...either they don't work or there isn't enough money to try other things.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I've tried probably 15 different meds (I'm making myself sound like a basket case but oh well). Stuff works for awhile, then stops. Blah.

Sorry!! Didn't mean to turn this into the depression thread. :blushing:

I'm so relived to hear that others have depression too. I've been battling it since my teens. I swear my medicine doesn't seem to work anymore. There's times when I just literally don't want to get out of bed. People who have never dealt with it just think you can "snap" out of it. So to you and all the others who are dealing with depression, hugs.

And since this is a JA thread, I guess this fits.

The other day I was taking off my eye makeup and when I picked up the bottle, it looked different and I wondered why I had two different eye makeup removers.

But whatever, I squirt it on the cotton ball, rub it on my eye, and weird, why doesn't this feel right?

Yeah, I was using KY.

Roflmao! That's hysterical!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads