Sidebar Discussion #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with both of you 100% in principal but I also believe actions, questions, and attacks will backfire. Yes, it is our civic duty, yes, to all of the above. But, I won't be naiive enough to think that the defense won't use the outrage to their strategic advantage.

Again I respectively disagree. Everyone and their dog are wise to the dealings of these dispicable people and if they ever win another thing for OCA I will be totally surprised. I will also come and eat that big old crow that you will be so happy to serve me.

I still think it depends on how we express our feelings - and I have no intention of having a group such as this Defense Team manipulate me into a behaviour I don't believe in...because that is the flip side of the coin. And I think I have a mature attitude...in general.

A lot of years ago, well after the EST years, I went to a personal development four day seminar in San Jose. Perhaps 400 of us filed into an auditorium and were told not to speak, and to wait for the "leader" to appear. He was not going to come in to speak until he felt the crowd was ready. An hour went by, and some of us stared to quietly chat and shift around in our seats. We were shushed by the folks around us. Another hour went by - and I had had enough. I stood up and said well I'm going to go out and sit in the sun and have a cigarette or two - since I paid for this seminar - you all can let me know when he decides to come in. People shouted at me to sit down, I was only going to delay his arrival if we didn't behave and out I went - soon to be joined by about a hundred more. Of course he came trotting in very shortly after that and tried to regain control - and never truly got it back.

Oh - and I didn't follow instructions to get up in the AM and immediately have a three minute cold shower either.....:floorlaugh: so much for self improvement seminars - but San Jose was nice....

I love the way you refuse to conform to a bully's bs. You go girl!!!

Well HHSS IMO recused himself to end the silliness - and I do understand somewhat the reasons for sealing the juror's names immediately after the trial...folks were pretty mad and think they would have been mercilessly harassed - and I think the courts have a duty to protect jurors who have (apparently) done their civic duty if they themselves express fear.

The protection of OCA is IMO way off the board for being completely ridiculous.

That said - I absolutely defend your right to stand up and say this is my opinion and I'm sticking to it - I'd do the same thing if it was my opinion and heaven knows I've done enough of that very thing on the board. You go girl - it's your right...:rocker:

Thanks a bunch!

I love the way you refuse to conform to a bully's bs. You go girl!!!

Thank you! That was a weird seminar I went to and when I left the auditorium I didn't make a scene or speak loudly or stomp out - I was pretty quiet about it and just spoke to the people I was sitting with and those who stopped me on the way out.

But you are bang on - I hate being bullied. I think the most precious right we have is to be able to make our own choices about what we believe...and it's equally our own responsibility to weigh and balance those choices to the best of our ability. And I've never felt anyone should necessarily agree with me.

Fortunately - I've also been blessed with a real curiosity about what other people "think". I Know I don't necessarily want to change their opinion - only that's it's fascinating to be able to see how they got from x to y. Which is why I like this board so much. People are really opinionated - and I think that's a very good thing!

Great story....I love assertiveness. I hope you all can see where I am coming from and I am not asking any of you to agree with me.

Here's my concerns. Even thought no one has physically done anything to
juror's or FCA, look what has happened based on the duh-fense allegations from blog activity.

1. Judge Strictland recused himself from the case.
2.Judge Perry sealed the juror's names.
3. Judge Perry has allowed the Department of Corrections to seal the location of the offender.
4.The offender was allowed to attend a deposition in disquise.

This is preferential treatment based on a the perceived fear of the judiciary. The fear came from the defense crying DANGER DANGER.

The Judges are listening. they will continue to listen. Any verbal attacks or perceived threats to jurors will be taken seriously and FCA will reap the rewards.

All I am interested in is FCA losing everything. Every dime, every special privilege, every strategic advantage.

That's all. JMO.

I got ya bayouland. Very good points you make. :bow: I hate that sealing garbage, make's me want to :pullhair:. She is done with the justice system as far as her criminal trial goes and it's time to cut the apron strings from the tax payers of Florida and send her on her way. If the defense wants to protect her then by all means knock yourselves out but not with tax dollars.

Even if they were to release her whereabouts what difference would it make? She's supposidly in a safe place where no harm can be done and if anyone cares at the moment to sneak a pic of her, big deal ya know? No one really cares any more.

Yeah, her disguise was rediculous, but I can't help but wonder if that stupid little stunt is just fodder for ZFG's lawyers. However, I hope they don't take it to the level JA did with the pigs in a blanket thing.

Anyhoo, I hope we're still buddies here.

I got ya bayouland. Very good points you make. :bow: I hate that sealing garbage, make's me want to :pullhair:. She is done with the justice system as far as her criminal trial goes and it's time to cut the apron strings from the tax payers of Florida and send her on her way. If the defense wants to protect her then by all means knock yourselves out but not with tax dollars.

Even if they were to release her whereabouts what difference would it make? She's supposidly in a safe place where no harm can be done and if anyone cares at the moment to sneak a pic of her, big deal ya know? No one really cares any more.

Yeah, her disguise was rediculous, but I can't help but wonder if that stupid little stunt is just fodder for ZFG's lawyers. However, I hope they don't take it to the level JA did with the pigs in a blanket thing.

Anyhoo, I hope we're still buddies here.

Of course we are!! Thank you for all of your responses.

Thank you! That was a weird seminar I went to and when I left the auditorium I didn't make a scene or speak loudly or stomp out - I was pretty quiet about it and just spoke to the people I was sitting with and those who stopped me on the way out.

But you are bang on - I hate being bullied. I think the most precious right we have is to be able to make our own choices about what we believe...and it's equally our own responsibility to weigh and balance those choices to the best of our ability. And I've never felt anyone should necessarily agree with me.

Fortunately - I've also been blessed with a real curiosity about what other people "think". I Know I don't necessarily want to change their opinion - only that's it's fascinating to be able to see how they got from x to y. Which is why I like this board so much. People are really opinionated - and I think that's a very good thing!

Your welcome.
Yeah, I don't want to make others think like me either. How boring would that be. And as an aside, I use way tooooo many words to get to my point and wish the heck I didn't, so think of how awful it would be if everyone thought like I do. What a nightmare that would be. LOL.

Oh God, see! :floorlaugh:

There is a faster one out there now that sophisticated crooks use in malls, on streets etc. It is a device that looks like a cell phone that only needs to bump up against your purse or briefcase or wallet to pick up any number you have on your credit/debit cards. There are now special holders for credit cards to protect your cards from scanning like that.

Heard about this also..I suggest anyone living in Orlando invest in special holders...Know what I mean?...:seeya:

Your welcome.
Yeah, I don't want to make others think like me either. How boring would that be. And as an aside, I use way tooooo many words to get to my point and wish the heck I didn't, so think of how awful it would be if everyone thought like I do. What a nightmare that would be. LOL.

Oh God, see! :floorlaugh:

BBM

:eek: ........ :lol: 11,000 and a few posts later and NOW you tell me our posts should be brief??? :doh:

Hi everyone. I'm going to finally make a post about my trip to the courthouse for jury duty. First off I wasn't selected to the jury. I was called for a panel and went to a courtroom but my name was never called to go in "THE BOX" for questioning.

It would have been a very interesting case to be on. Five defendants and two jury's. The panel I was on had three of the defendants. Three counts.
#1 Unlawful discharge of a firearm into an occupied motor vehicle.
#2 Attempted Murder.
#3 A gang member committing a felony.

So we had three defense attorneys, and one prosecutor.
That made the process a bit time consuming. The judge would ask each prospective juror questions, then each of the defense lawyers got their turn. Then the prosecutor who looked all of 35 years old got his turn. The prosecutor had to be the youngest lawyer there but he was good.

I spent a total of three days doing jury selection. The first day they crammed at least 150 of us in the courtroom. People with hardships to be heard stayed, the rest of us went home.
Day two was when voir dire began. Day started late. We then had 15 min. breaks that turned into an hour. Had to leave early because of lawyers schedules. Not a lot done that day.

Day three you could tell that the judge wanted to get done today. Everyone of the lawyers pickup the pace a bit and we got a 12 member jury just after 3:00. We still needed 5 alternates. They got it done right at 4:30 which is the end of the court day.

This case is scheduled to start Monday morning. I may go down and watch the opening statements because I would like to know more details about this case.

Great story....I love assertiveness. I hope you all can see where I am coming from and I am not asking any of you to agree with me.

Here's my concerns. Even thought no one has physically done anything to
juror's or FCA, look what has happened based on the duh-fense allegations from blog activity.

1. Judge Strictland recused himself from the case.
2.Judge Perry sealed the juror's names.
3. Judge Perry has allowed the Department of Corrections to seal the location of the offender.
4.The offender was allowed to attend a deposition in disquise.

This is preferential treatment based on a the perceived fear of the judiciary. The fear came from the defense crying DANGER DANGER.

The Judges are listening. they will continue to listen. Any verbal attacks or perceived threats to jurors will be taken seriously and FCA will reap the rewards.

All I am interested in is FCA losing everything. Every dime, every special privilege, every strategic advantage.

That's all. JMO.

TA

Myself I would like to hear from some of the remaining juror's. It's not that I need to know what went on in that room, from what we have heard so far..."Not Much".. pretty much covers the what explanation. Even the "Why"..I believe has been answered to a certain extent. I'm not even sure I can explain it. Maybe it's just the uncomfortable, uneasy feeling I was left with watching the fallout post verdict. I agree with the opinions most have and have vented my feelings along with everyone. It just feels so very wrong that these people should live in fear for their safety, as well as Bayoulands point, feeding into the defense's benefit.

When I was watching LL sitting in front of her judge the other day I was struck as to how the Judge brought her own style into the courtroom, just how much these Judges personalitys are evident. I started to question the ordeal with Judge S. I started to wonder if it's possible that Judge S didn't want to reside over the trial for some personal reason and actually manipulated the situation so as to allow him to recuse himself. It always seemed odd to me that he would actually acknowlege a spectator in the courtroom and contact this person by phone. It was harmless but I started to wonder if Judge S wouldn't have seen his actions as possibly creating a problem. I wondered if Judge P might have sent Judge S an amusing thank you note, maybe in the form of a certain hand gesture for dropping this trial into his lap. Judges perform a job much like anyone else working in a profession. Granted it's a bit of a smaller club to belong to. What are the chances of some sort of shenanigans going on behind the scenes much like some of us have experienced at our given professions. I wonder just how much they can and do get away with in a humerous way?...jmo

BBM

:eek: ........ :lol: 11,000 and a few posts later and NOW you tell me our posts should be brief??? :doh:

:floorlaugh: Dang girl, you crack me up. :floorlaugh: And always make me feel better about the way I do things. Thanks. You :rocker:

Hi everyone. I'm going to finally make a post about my trip to the courthouse for jury duty. First off I wasn't selected to the jury. I was called for a panel and went to a courtroom but my name was never called to go in "THE BOX" for questioning.

It would have been a very interesting case to be on. Five defendants and two jury's. The panel I was on had three of the defendants. Three counts.
#1 Unlawful discharge of a firearm into an occupied motor vehicle.
#2 Attempted Murder.
#3 A gang member committing a felony.

So we had three defense attorneys, and one prosecutor.
That made the process a bit time consuming. The judge would ask each prospective juror questions, then each of the defense lawyers got their turn. Then the prosecutor who looked all of 35 years old got his turn. The prosecutor had to be the youngest lawyer there but he was

I spent a total of three days doing jury selection. The first day they crammed at least 150 of us in the courtroom. People with hardships to be heard stayed, the rest of us went home.
Day two was when voir dire began. Day started late. We then had 15 min. breaks that turned into an hour. Had to leave early because of lawyers schedules. Not a lot done that day.

Day three you could tell that the judge wanted to get done today. Everyone of the lawyers pickup the pace a bit and we got a 12 member jury just after 3:00. We still needed 5 alternates. They got it done right at 4:30 which is the end of the court day.

This case is scheduled to start Monday morning. I may go down and watch the opening statements because I would like to know more details about this case.

Sorry they didn't pick you RANCH. It does sound interesting. Let us know if you do go and sit in from time to time whats happening and your thoughts about it all.
I would love to sit on a jury. Been called twice but never choosen. Isn't it funny that those of us who would like to sit on a jury never get picked? I would have been the perfect person to sit on OCA's jury. I'm used to being alone, love to read, play card games, absolutely love to people watch (could have watched people coming and going from a window in my room.LOL) hubby can fend for himself and we could talk on the phone every night. Being sequestered wouldn't have bothered me at all. Annndddd most of all I would have come back with a guilty as sin verdict.

My reply's in red.

TA

Myself I would like to hear from some of the remaining juror's. It's not that I need to know what went on in that room, from what we have heard so far..."Not Much".. pretty much covers the what explanation. Even the "Why"..I believe has been answered to a certain extent. I'm not even sure I can explain it. Maybe it's just the uncomfortable, uneasy feeling I was left with watching the fallout post verdict. I agree with the opinions most have and have vented my feelings along with everyone. It just feels so very wrong that these people should live in fear for their safety, as well as Bayoulands point, feeding into the defense's benefit.
ITA with not wanting any harm coming to the jurors, that would be just awful.

When I was watching LL sitting in front of her judge the other day I was struck as to how the Judge brought her own style into the courtroom, just how much these Judges personalitys are evident.
I know. Isn't it amazing? I think she was madder than a wet hen and yet she held herself in check with some really good words of wisdom. How do they do that after dealing with the same offender over and over?

I started to question the ordeal with Judge S. I started to wonder if it's possible that Judge S didn't want to reside over the trial for some personal reason and actually manipulated the situation so as to allow him to recuse himself.
WOW!!! Now that is a great thought. I wondered myself why he had made that now famous comment about "Miss Anthony and the truth are strangers" and some other's that escape my memory now. But I think you may be onto something here.

It always seemed odd to me that he would actually acknowlege a spectator in the courtroom and contact this person by phone. It was harmless but I started to wonder if Judge S wouldn't have seen his actions as possibly creating a problem.
I thought that was weird too. Another thing that bothered me about him was the way he handled things such as letting JB get away with horrible behavior. It seemed like to me he had no control over his court room. It also bothered me that he didn't seem to care if the trial ever came to an end. I don't know how to explain what I mean but maybe you'll get what I'm trying to say.
PLEASE don't throw those rotten tomato's at me as it's just the way "I" feel about his behavior.

I wondered if Judge P might have sent Judge S an amusing thank you note, maybe in the form of a certain hand gesture for dropping this trial into his lap.
LOL, one never knows.

Judges perform a job much like anyone else working in a profession. Granted it's a bit of a smaller club to belong to. What are the chances of some sort of shenanigans going on behind the scenes much like some of us have experienced at our given professions.
Again, another great thought. I can hardly wait to see what other's have to say about your post. We will have all kinds of wonderful opinions.

I wonder just how much they can and do get away with in a humerous way?...jmo
Or even in a not so humerous way huh?

Thanks for your post MsMacGyver.

Sorry they didn't pick you RANCH. It does sound interesting. Let us know if you do go and sit in from time to time whats happening and your thoughts about it all.
I would love to sit on a jury. Been called twice but never choosen. Isn't it funny that those of us who would like to sit on a jury never get picked? I would have been the perfect person to sit on OCA's jury. I'm used to being alone, love to read, play card games, absolutely love to people watch (could have watched people coming and going from a window in my room.LOL) hubby can fend for himself and we could talk on the phone every night. Being sequestered wouldn't have bothered me at all. Annndddd most of all I would have come back with a guilty as sin verdict.
Thanks wonders. This case would have been a challenge because of the fact that there is two jurys, five defendants, along with five defense attorneys. I saw only one prosecutor during jury selection, I hope he has some help during trial. As a juror you would have to keep track of the defendants your charged with and all of their counts. And during the trial, you would leave the courtroom when testimony involving only the other two defendants was presented. A little bit different than most trials.

Well Done 99. Do you have any Killa Mob or 4th St Bloods in your neighborhood? I was asked if I knew of these fellas during jury selection.

Not me boy!!!! (lol, not saying your a boy). :blushing:
I'm not keeping my mouth shut about anything to do with OCA. It's not like I'm going around thearting to kill anyone that has anything to do with the case. I'm pretty sure most people feel the same as me about not harming anyone who has a connection to this awful case. She has no reason to be treated special by the justice system. If her lawyers think she's in danger then it should be on them not the tax payers of Florida.
IMO silence has caused a lot of harm for people through out history, The Holocost comes to my mind first.
IMO if the jurors don't want to talk to anyone then fine by me. I also don't think anyone should seek to harm the jurors. They did what they did and nothing will ever change that, not even coming forward and saying they made a big mistake in not convicting OCA. Personally I think the time to speak would have been directly after the trial before they had a chance to hone their stories. Them letting her go free is something they have to live with, not me.

the thing is, and if they want to use "bloggers" as evidence, they can all feel free & clear to use MY posts, particularly this one -

nobody wants OCA to be hurt.

we REALLY LIKE for her to be ANNOYED, INCONVENIENCED, and other things of this nature.

cant use your real name or people spit on you? GOOD.

have hemorrhoids and a pesky yeast infection, maybe BOTH?? GOOD.

roof leaking? GOOD.

cats hiss at you when you pass by? GOOD.

bad case of acne that wont die? GOOD.

you've had hiccups for 5 days running? GOOD.

sprained your ankle running? GOOD.

electronics keep breaking? GOOD.

toilet leaking? GOOD!

tons of people suing you? GOOD.

sunburned? GOOD.

dont get along with your family? GOOD.

you bend over and your jeans split? GOOD.

got split ends? GOOD.

broke a fingernail? got papercuts? got blisters from your shoes? stub your toe? ALL GOOD.

get it, defense? I, personally, and I dare say MOST people, would like nothing more than ICA being sorely inconvenienced at ANY and ALL times. harm her? wouldnt that make me no better than she? most people dont LIKE to hurt other people. OCA is no exception. but aggravated and inconvenienced? yeah, if she was my neighbor....I would deliberately blow dandelions into her lawn. yes, I would. that's the kind of "vigilante" I am.

please, defense. print this out and show the judges how terribly OCA would be treated if no one pets her. I dare you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13