Sievers Sidebar #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Homes do NOT have to have AC in Florida. HOWEVER, if a home HAS an AC Unit, it must then be functional. They would be idiots to keep it off in the heat we have. Mold starts to grow at 77 degrees in a moist area. If there is no electric on in the house then no air is circulation. It will mildew quickly. I manage 30+ homes down here and just a few days of AC being off in 80plus degree weather CAN cause problems. If the house is on the market, the Realtor can put the electric on in her name with no deposit for 30 days to sell.

Hey mckazpm.... just wondering if you know of BS or anyone else was seen getting stuff out of the Jarvis home. With it sitting there unattended to, lawn, pool & all, and now the utilities have been turned off... at some point it will need to be sold (seems unlikely) or foreclosed on (more likely). The bank would then arrange for all personal belongings, furniture, etc to be cleared out OR not, then they will auction it off or sell it for far lower than market value---get what ever $$$ they can, write the rest off. In the meantime local gov will mow the lawn (when neighbors complain) to keep it from being an eyesore/nuisance to the neighbors & public then charge it to the property owner (however local gov handles that).

I've personally not seen/heard of a bank demolishing a home before BUT did see it depicted in The Big Short movie, different situation but was forclosed properties & that did happen then. Utilities off in FL summer heat---bad time to clear out a home.... BS isn't doing that JMO. Pool & lawn will be a mess.... don't think BS will be doing that OR paying for it to be done either JMO. All this expense mounts up, talk about 'compounding'---like the gift that keeps on giving.

I pray BS wasn't manipulated into mortgaging her home for MS reduced bond... think not if BS & her partner have joint ownership but possible if under BS ownership alone---MS free on reduced bond is a PipeDream JMO. AND IF BS is not helping him with his bond WHERE's he getting that $$$$ ?! She might be willing to keep up the exterior on Jarvis for a time OR not if helping him with bond. Who knows---whatta mess.

MS attorney could handle the house sale within an agreement (more $$$) BUT I don't see that in the near future. Time flies by, the house sits there & neighbors are left hanging with responsibility of making sure something's done until it's accupied by a new family or demoed.

Hi All!! msboo, on #569 (4/8) of this thread, I posted an update that now lights are back on. There have always been lights dimly lit at night in the home, so obviously when it went dark and several utility vehicles had been seen at that location, it seemed that the power had been shut off...as well as the fact that BS could no longer access the home via garage door opener. It would appear that "someone" had the power turned back on. It's my understanding that there is a fee to have them turned back on if they were shut down due to non payment...just an fyi.

I had asked if any neighbors have seen BS remove anything and no one has. She does go into the garage though, but her vehicle is rather small. Shortly after the arrest, a neighbor did go to the door (when BS was there) regarding the kitty roaming and she would not answer the door. Just in case it was missed...there is a post stating all pets have been removed from the home on Jarvis.

Yesterday, around 3:00pm, there were 2 men at the Sievers' that were walking around the outside of the home. My family thought maybe they were realtors, but I don't think that would be possible....so maybe someone from the bank/mortgage company, IRS, I have no idea, just throwing it out there for ya!

I did post photos on #569. Grass/weeds getting long, BUT, the pool guy had shown up that prior week! Neighbors are very nervous about the request for reduced bail!

I haven't had as much time to be on WS, so send me a quick PM to search thread # and I will do my best to get an answer :)

Thanks so much for keeping us informed and up to date mckazpm! It is very much appreciated and always good to hear from you on the board.

As you can see things are rather slow on Teresa's threads but I'm sure it will change soon with the next document dump or court date. Would really love to know who those men were looking at the house.

We are all hoping the neighborhood will not ever have to deal with Mark Sievers being back in that house. Hang in there- we should know something soon- Frigga

No, Homes do NOT have to have AC in Florida. HOWEVER, if a home HAS an AC Unit, it must then be functional. They would be idiots to keep it off in the heat we have. Mold starts to grow at 77 degrees in a moist area. If there is no electric on in the house then no air is circulation. It will mildew quickly. I manage 30+ homes down here and just a few days of AC being off in 80plus degree weather CAN cause problems. If the house is on the market, the Realtor can put the electric on in her name with no deposit for 30 days to sell.

Thanks for this. Wow, I've never heard of a realtor having to put the utilities into their own name, but I guess it can happen. Better be a quick sale on that listing, huh?

Thanks for this. Wow, I've never heard of a realtor having to put the utilities into their own name, but I guess it can happen. Better be a quick sale on that listing, huh?

I think those men were either from the IRS or the bank. I would think a realtor would have a hard time trying to sell the property because of the IRS lien. No buyer would be able to get financing on it until that was taken care of and off of title. And a cash buyer would also have to get the lien off or they wouldn't be able to get clear title either.

I figured he was trying to get a mortgage loan for his bail.

Hey mckazpm..... thanks for the update below about those men being at Sievers' home. Hey everyone..... I'm referring to mckazpm's post below, #602 posted Friday, 4/15/2016 at 12:16PM. You guys probably know this, banks have relationships with realtors just for these type situations where foreclosure's eminent. The bank wants MONEY.... it can be sold to a buyer quickly for more than at auction BUT depending they will at times just go on & auction---depends on the banks' 'bigger picture' financially regarding their residential loan division PLUS who's swinging the axe. Big banks vs smaller banks handle things differently but this house is unique OBVIOUSLY. JMO but it's doubtful MS will get out on reduced bail----still I understand neighbors being nervous, nothing is for sure at this point so MS sort of 'lingers'. Neighbors.... be viligent about communicating with SMS office, don't be shy regarding your fears, LE understands your fears & discord. Like throwing a pebble in a pond, MS dropped a boulder on Jarvis.... when physically there he caused uneasiness THEN boom, the ripple effect just won't end. If the yard gets bad call your local government.

I know from personal experience---I was the ONLY person to contact LE. No one in our neighborhood would call LE---I don't get that but that's the way it was---people don't want to get involved. Be a 'squeeky wheel' appropriately when you need to AND feel good about doing it. It may be a while (but I hope not!) before this LowLife is convicted. Do what you need to now until this is all over.

I figured he was trying to get a mortgage loan for his bail.

That won't happen. The bank won't give him Jack $h#t plus there's the tax lien. If he gets any mortgage loan for bail, it will be his mother doing a 2nd on her own home----hope she's not that stupid.

I think those men were either from the IRS or the bank. I would think a realtor would have a hard time trying to sell the property because of the IRS lien. No buyer would be able to get financing on it until that was taken care of and off of title. And a cash buyer would also have to get the lien off or they wouldn't be able to get clear title either.

No, it is not true that no buyer would be able to get financing on the house as long as there is an IRS lien on it. Or any other lien. People use the proceeds of a sale to pay off the liens on a home - including the mortgage, which is itself a lien, and any other liens. The only time a problem arises is if the sale of the house does not bring in enough money to pay off the recorded liens. At that point the Seller is unable to provide a clear title to the Buyer unless he makes up the shortfall from other monetary sources. Like, say, if he had $40K in cash in a safe.

Hi All!! msboo, on #569 (4/8) of this thread, I posted an update that now lights are back on. There have always been lights dimly lit at night in the home, (back up light source when an unexpected outage occurs, common for battery back up systems....but they run only so long ???) so obviously when it went dark and several utility vehicles had been seen at that location, it seemed that the power had been shut off...as well as the fact that BS could no longer access the home via garage door opener. It would appear that "someone" had the power turned back on. It's my understanding that there is a fee to have them turned back on if they were shut down due to non payment...just an fyi.

I had asked if any neighbors have seen BS remove anything and no one has. She does go into the garage though, but her vehicle is rather small. Shortly after the arrest, a neighbor did go to the door (when BS was there) regarding the kitty roaming and she would not answer the door. Just in case it was missed...there is a post stating all pets have been removed from the home on Jarvis.

Yesterday, around 3:00pm, there were 2 men at the Sievers' that were walking around the outside of the home. (Real estate asset managers or brokers hired to give BPO's?? ie A broker's price opinion is the process used by a hired sales agent to determine the potential selling price or estimated value of a real estate property. A BPO is popularly used in situations where a financial institution believes the expense and delay of an appraisal is unnecessary.) My family thought maybe they were realtors, but I don't think that would be possible....so maybe someone from the bank/mortgage company, IRS, I have no idea, just throwing it out there for ya!

I did post photos on #569. Grass/weeds getting long, BUT, the pool guy had shown up that prior week! Neighbors are very nervous about the request for reduced bail!

I haven't had as much time to be on WS, so send me a quick PM to search thread # and I will do my best to get an answer :)
Thanks MCKAZPM my comments in red above....A lot will be going on at the property, as the payments are probably in default. Regardless of the ongoing criminal case, the bank still has to protect its interest in the property and follow through with their process when the property goes into default. I'm not familiar with how it works in Florida, but since so many have mentioned the "mold issues" due to high humidity...maybe it is the best interest of the lien holder to turn the power back on. (I should be sleeping instead of posting...yikes)

Thanks MCKAZPM my comments in red above....A lot will be going on at the property, as the payments are probably in default. Regardless of the ongoing criminal case, the bank still has to protect its interest in the property and follow through with their process when the property goes into default. I'm not familiar with how it works in Florida, but since so many have mentioned the "mold issues" due to high humidity...maybe it is the best interest of the lien holder to turn the power back on. (I should be sleeping instead of posting...yikes)

This is complicated, wonder how long it can sit before the house is forced into auctioned or sale due to the 'process' that has to take place. Since the 'too big to fail' events there's been lots of banking changes. JMO---depending on FL state laws then banks' own legal rights... banks are protected, the mortgage holder(s) will get $$ first THEN lien(s) are satisfied (would seem IRS first) after the auction or sale. Prior to sale/auction it must go thru the 'process'.... my husband said something about it having to be 'surrendered' to the bank, papers filed, etc. CURIOUS... any FL bankers on here? Thing is..... someone needs to get the ball rolling here but could be the train's about to leave the station since utilities are back on & those men were seen at the house. MS has his accessories in a vice due to incarceration, charges, lack of funds, yada-yada. Seems to me he would have NO choice unless he has access to a lot of $$$.... like right now.

When I lived in MN, unbelievably banks did not heat houses in the winter and pipes froze and broke. Houses in beautiful neighborhoods went for a song. My daughter's house that she sold went into foreclosure. Her buyer's bought for $185,000 and it was sold after the pipes burst for $40,000. It beats me why they do that

No, it is not true that no buyer would be able to get financing on the house as long as there is an IRS lien on it. Or any other lien. People use the proceeds of a sale to pay off the liens on a home - including the mortgage, which is itself a lien, and any other liens. The only time a problem arises is if the sale of the house does not bring in enough money to pay off the recorded liens. At that point the Seller is unable to provide a clear title to the Buyer unless he makes up the shortfall from other monetary sources. Like, say, if he had $40K in cash in a safe.

True..... If BS or MS Attny has access to $$$ in a safe, if it's a really there, that would only buy time. Considering all monthly expenses to maintain utilities, exterior then house payment & homeowners ins--no $$ is coming in but $$ is flying out OR unpaid debt is stacking up steadily. If MS has no $$ then we're talking bankruptcy which is more trouble/costly for the bank---something banks want to avoid. The IRS can take anything to satisfy $$$ owed them, and MS has the condo in MO.

The bank can do a short sale to help entice a cash buyer that is still willing to pay off the other liens themselves.

But this means the bank is willing to lower their price in order to recoup something back from a house that is no longer profitable since most buyers will still need to pay additional lenders or lien holders in order to get a cleared deed to the home.

But most people that would need to get financed by a bank to buy that home will probably get denied because the market value is way under the asking price to secure the lien free title / deed.

When I lived in MN, unbelievably banks did not heat houses in the winter and pipes froze and broke. Houses in beautiful neighborhoods went for a song. My daughter's house that she sold went into foreclosure. Her buyer's bought for $185,000 and it was sold after the pipes burst for $40,000. It beats me why they do that
That's insane. I'm from NY and bought in SWFL. I found out that it's a law to have a/c if you're gonna sell.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

This is complicated, wonder how long it can sit before the house is forced into auctioned or sale due to the 'process' that has to take place. Since the 'too big to fail' events there's been lots of banking changes. JMO---depending on FL state laws then banks' own legal rights... banks are protected, the mortgage holder(s) will get $$ first THEN lien(s) are satisfied (would seem IRS first) after the auction or sale. Prior to sale/auction it must go thru the 'process'.... my husband said something about it having to be 'surrendered' to the bank, papers filed, etc. CURIOUS... any FL bankers on here? Thing is..... someone needs to get the ball rolling here but could be the train's about to leave the station since utilities are back on & those men were seen at the house. MS has his accessories in a vice due to incarceration, charges, lack of funds, yada-yada. Seems to me he would have NO choice unless he has access to a lot of $$$.... like right now.

In my original post above, I was assuming that no buyer would want to pay off the $32K IRS lien in order to purchase the house and get clear title and also assuming no bank holding the mortgage would either. But I suppose you never know. As msboo said, it is complicated because we don't know how much, if any, equity the Sievers had in the property.

Hey human​.... what year did this take place?

In my original post above, I was assuming that no buyer would want to pay off the $32K IRS lien in order to purchase the house and get clear title and also assuming no bank holding the mortgage would either. But I suppose you never know. As msboo said, it is complicated because we don't know how much, if any, equity the Sievers had in the property.

Much has changed over the years.... used to be at closings you had just a few pages for buyer & seller to sign---buyer & seller were all in attendance with the banker & attorney. We'd all sit around & shoot the breeze while the the banker & one of their attorneys checked everything within those pages of legal papers. Sometimes there'd be a type-o corrected, etc. Once all was a 'go', we'd all sign then ALL DONE. THAT was how simple it used to be----no more. NOW buyer & seller meet separately at the bank AND the stack of legal papers looks like the ObamaCare bill. Jarvis house will be a 'cluster' with what's now normally "organized complication" (The New Normal) topped off the baggage that goes with this home. And the fact the Sievers went into this older neighborhood, built a home not only larger but also in a current FL style seen in much younger neighborhoods. Regardless of what happened last June, resale value was doomed from the start. Same problem happens when people add on & overbuild for the area they're in.

There are still houses in Florida that do NOT have AC, or have only window ACs. It is NOT a requirement by law you must have AC. Now your mortgage company can require it, but whoever told you that its the law that you have to have AC is wrong.

I wish someone would get the girls' belongings out. I'm sure they have some things that are important to them left there. Bless their hearts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper