SKY Investigates: Ronald and Misty - Audio Calls from Jail

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, a California bounty hunter who was involved in another high-profile child case - the slaying of Caylee Anthony in Orlando - has offered to bond Croslin out of jail if she gives him information about Haleigh's whereabouts.

Leonard Padilla also wants anything Croslin would tell him to be covered by the attorney-client privilege.

Fields said Thursday he would advise Misty Croslin to reject the offer.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100205/ARTICLES/2051002/1118?p=3&tc=pg

Palatka attorney Robert Fields, who represents Misty Croslin, told The Sun on Thursday that "the new developments are unfortunate. My goal is to do what I can for Misty."

"As her lawyer, it's not how I wanted to start my day," Fields added in regard to the release of the audio recordings.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100205/ARTICLES/2051002/1118?p=2&tc=pg
Fields said Thursday he would advise Misty Croslin to reject the offer.
"I'm going to advise her against it because I think it would really hurt her," Fields said.

Heh, she ain't gonna listen. And that's my :twocents:.

What struck me was the free and comfortable use of "I love you" from the entire Croslin family. I don't know why, but it just took me by surprise that they all say it a thousand times, and it's clear it's not the first time they're saying it to each other. Not sure why that seems odd to me.

Misty seems to really be focused on one thing... when she can get out so she can have her next hit of pot or pill or drink or whatever. I think she fits the model of drug seeking behavior. When you're that focused on addiction, you see nothing else, and no matter how much you may truly love your family, their welfare is the last thing on an addict's mind.

It cracked me up when Misty was talking about what Ron said about killing somebody, she goes "and blah blah blah", like she was making fun of him. Reminded me of the scene in "Romie & Michele's High School Reunion" when Jenane Garafalo spills her beer on her shirt by opening her mouth making fun of Michele's speech. cracked me up.

So sad, so very sad, that when Misty thought her bail was $50,000 - 10% of that was $10,000. And when she found out her bail was $1.3M, that 10% translated to $9,500, even less than $50K. That's very sad.

I also find it strange that they're so accepting of one another's prison records, as if it's every day stuff. "Mom and dad can't come see me because they have felonies" said with the same inflection as "I made toast this morning". Well I guess for them, it IS every day stuff. An American Tragedy.

The only thing I believed that came out of that girl's mouth is that if she gets out, she will never sell drugs again. I believe that she INTENDS not to do it again, but addicts always find other addicts, and she may not be able to help herself, so she probably WILL do it again. But I do believe that SHE believes she won't.

I am pretty sure that Ron's little diatribe about his underwear was a pre-arranged code of sorts. The grandma was absorbing what he was saying, not asking questions about his underwear or asking 'why are you telling me this?", she was "um hmm" -ing and writing stuff down. I think they probably already worked out a code. He's been down this road before, and he's not the brightest bulb in the pack, but he's been able to keep Nancy Grace at bay for over a year - he's got SOMETHING. Not sure what.

We already have threads about LP bailing Misty out and Field's comments in the article. Please stay on topic everyone! This thread is for discussion about the audio tapes as linked on the first page. Thank you!

ETA: If you aren't sure what I mean, read this: Threadiquette - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I wonder how often phone calls will be released ? I know these with Misty were before her parents visit, but it would be nice if we knew the date of the calls.

It occured to me last night that since the drug bust, this has been the first opportunity for LE to absolutely CONTROL all the players at the same time.
MOO and stuff.

ETA: The MAJOR players.

jmo - but LE doesn't have all the players - or even all of the directly involved ones -in custody at the moment.

:waitasec:This is the first time I have ever see the media add Ron's name as one of the "Key Player In The Disappearance Of Haleigh "

The Gainesville Sun has a 3 page article about Ron & Misty?

dang!

PDN has zero today, and one article from yesterday, maybe 25 col inches total. [Most of it appears to come straight out of the press release from PCSO.]

eta - And PDN doesn't have a single word about the phone calls & vids. Guess they don't want to taint a potential jury pool.

I wonder how often phone calls will be released ? I know these with Misty were before her parents visit, but it would be nice if we knew the date of the calls.

Who will pay for them when Timmys funds run out?

I want some Teresa/Ron video visits!! :yes:

jmo - but LE doesn't have all the players - or even all of the directly involved ones -in custody at the moment.
IMO, LE seems to be leaning the heaviest on Ronald, Misty, and Tommy.

What struck me was the free and comfortable use of "I love you" from the entire Croslin family. I don't know why, but it just took me by surprise that they all say it a thousand times, and it's clear it's not the first time they're saying it to each other. Not sure why that seems odd to me.

I thought about that too. IMO it was striking because of the contrast between the words and the behavior. Misty was all about "I love you, give me money, I love you, give me minutes, I love you, bail me out, I love you..." I mean, love is always wonderful and it warms the heart and all, but there was little real concern for the feelings and needs of the others, no realization that her parents and grandma and her brother's family need to live and eat and they can't squander all they don't have on her. (Teenagers are often a bit self-centered but it seemed a bit excessive to me.)

And all that overflowing love also seemed incongruent with what Misty said in that LVA test. I don't recall the exact words but it was something to the effect of everybody in her family will betray you as soon as look at you, it's just the way they are. (QED, look at her turning Tommy in for burglary...)

IDK, it just seems like a strange kind of love. The fights and rats and restraining orders and everything, and then there is lots of love again when she can benefit from them somehow.

I dunno, but it FEELS like something big is fixin' to go down in this case.
I can hope, eh?

I thought about that too. IMO it was striking because of the contrast between the words and the behavior. Misty was all about "I love you, give me money, I love you, give me minutes, I love you, bail me out, I love you..." I mean, love is always wonderful and it warms the heart and all, but there was little real concern for the feelings and needs of the others, no realization that her parents and grandma and her brother's family need to live and eat and they can't squander all they don't have on her. (Teenagers are often a bit self-centered but it seemed a bit excessive to me.)

And all that overflowing love also seemed incongruent with what Misty said in that LVA test. I don't recall the exact words but it was something to the effect of everybody in her family will betray you as soon as look at you, it's just the way they are. (QED, look at her turning Tommy in for burglary...)

IDK, it just seems like a strange kind of love. The fights and rats and restraining orders and everything, and then there is lots of love again when she can benefit from them somehow.

During the phone call, Tommy told Lindsey that his lawyer said LE couldn't pin it on him as there were others living in the home at the same time..I'm presuming he <the lawyer> didn't inform him Misty is the one that fingered him for it.... or Tommy didn't process the information...

This fixation on laundry with this bunch is baffling. With Ron reporting to GGMA how often he is showering and changing his clothes shows me how much they must treat him like a child. Like they had to remind him to shower and change his underwear everyday on the outside. He's now reporting that he's being a good boy and doing just that. This is where his priority lies? What about his son!
this family IS fixated on laundry. Remember, that is why GGS supposedly dropped by the trailer that night-to deliver their laundry.

During the phone call, Tommy told Lindsey that his lawyer said LE couldn't pin it on him as there were others living in the home at the same time..I'm presuming he <the lawyer> didn't inform him Misty is the one that fingered him for it.... or Tommy didn't process the information...

If he was smart enough to wear gloves he's got a point. Misty said it but it doesn't mean that it's true. Since Misty is a confirmed liar and known to love washing, maybe his lawyer can suggest that Misty never wanted to run out of cleaning supplies again and she was the one to steal that stuff.

this family IS fixated on laundry. Remember, that is why GGS supposedly dropped by the trailer that night-to deliver their laundry.

I would suggest they're laundering money but they'd first have to have some.

If he was smart enough to wear gloves he's got a point. Misty said it but it doesn't mean that it's true. Since Misty is a confirmed liar and known to love washing, maybe his lawyer can suggest that Misty never wanted to run out of cleaning supplies again and she was the one to steal that stuff.

LOL LOL I was thinking the same thing. Not very strong charges if all they are going on is Misty's word.

Yeah... it's like watching who's gonna narc first. It would behoove Ron to do it first, but Misty, I think, is scared because Ron will "kill anyone" who had anything to do with "it."

I agree. He doesn't seem worried. However, I believe he's speaking in code too. And the "snitch" part? Hink-ay!

I dunno either, LM.... just hafta keep watchin' I guess...
But are Misty & Tommy really scared of Ron? They seem more cautious than afraid-like they're wondering what he's gonna pull next.Wouldn't they have managed to break away from him, by now? I don't think they're scared of him. Misty's dad seems perplexed @ them for still hanging with him & disgusted with him-like his patience for Ron, has run out. I don't understand any of these people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214