Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am clueless to why, I guess they needed a new SUV...a sporty one.

Like that will bring Skyla back.......

According to the article posted earlier, both families were given the money from the Oklahoma Crime Victim's Compensation Board to pay for funeral services. I don't know about there in OK, but here $6000 would not pay for a funeral. But $100,000 is way more than they need. Did they know they would have any financial assistance? I noticed a huge difference in the girls funerals. Taylor's casket and flowers were more elaborate than Skyla's. Did anyone else notice that? Also, Skyla's video tribute expired. Could they not afford to keep it up for awhile longer? It was such a beautiful tribute. Taylor's tribute, which only contains school photos, is still up and running.

The article also stated they were given $3000 towards counselling. I certainly hope they are taking advantage of that service.

Did we ever find out for sure that there was any kind of body fluid on or near the girls?
The thought sickens me. Maybe it was vomit when GP came up on them. I could understand that.

I had mentioned vomit at the other forum......and got laughed at, lol. But I had thought that maybe the POI drove up on the scene, seeing two girls lying there, got out of his truck to see what was going on, seeing the horrific crime scene he possibly threw up. Other cars passed by and he didn't want them to see the scene, maybe he has a criminal record and doesn't want the murders pinned on him? And then high tailed it out of there when the coast was clear? I know, most likely that was not the case. But people have done stranger things.

I am clueless to why, I guess they needed a new SUV...a sporty one.

Hi LS, If I remember correctly you are local? Is it a fact that Rose got a new SUV, you have seen it? I'm not trying to put you on the spot, I just want to know if it's true fact, not rumors, that they are buying vehicles and gambling the money.
Hoping it's only a rumor :rolleyes:

Hi there Lauren..Nice to see you here. I have read your post at topix & That is something that could have happened.

Welcome to WS

Hi there Lauren..Nice to see you here. I have read your post at topix & That is something that could have happened.

Welcome to WS

Thank you. I feel very welcomed here so far. I enjoy reading your posts by the way.

At this point, no one knows what happened that Sunday afternoon. It is pure speculation on our part. I just pray that these families will get the answers that they deserve. I think the "not knowing" part must be tearing them up and also the "why?" Why would anyone want to hurt two little girls on a Sunday afternoon walk?? It just doesn't make sense.

Hi LS, If I remember correctly you are local? Is it a fact that Rose got a new SUV, you have seen it? I'm not trying to put you on the spot, I just want to know if it's true fact, not rumors, that they are buying vehicles and gambling the money.
Hoping it's only a rumor :rolleyes:

Its a fact..

I had mentioned vomit at the other forum......and got laughed at, lol. But I had thought that maybe the POI drove up on the scene, seeing two girls lying there, got out of his truck to see what was going on, seeing the horrific crime scene he possibly threw up. Other cars passed by and he didn't want them to see the scene, maybe he has a criminal record and doesn't want the murders pinned on him? And then high tailed it out of there when the coast was clear? I know, most likely that was not the case. But people have done stranger things.

I could see this as a possibility, but it was reported by the person who called in seeing the POI parked almost blocking the road, that he saw the girls walking too. I took it that the only thing that looked suspicious to him was the poi. So if the girls were alive when the poi was parked that way, he could not have just drove up on it. Of course, with so many things coming out, and OSBI reporting things differently at the last presser, I have no idea what to believe any more.
sad sad sad! I am way 2 emotionally involved!

Rose, quit her job at McDonalds, and she is now employed at the school Skyla attended..

Its a fact..

That's very disappointing to hear. Not a good way to honor your daughter's memory. I'm sure the good people that donated will think twice before digging in their pockets to help strangers out the next time.

Well, in Oklahoma...if you are a murdered the state has a fund for burial.

Wow LS.. Thanks for the update.

This might sound stupid but in away I was hoping that LE was tuning to the boards & reading what all we as laymen have discovered on our own. If not maybe they should be enlightened. Then they can come back with an explanation but not one that would let the cat out of the bag but just to address our fears.

OSBI are still knocking on doors...and taking swaps...So, we can't give up...if its a local they will find him eventually

I totally agree. I'm just really confused about the POI...that town is so small..if he was within 30 miles. I think we would have a name

I like your littlt turtle...its so cute. Where did you get it

By the way Claycat, I absolutely love your butterfly/turtle pic. What a wonderful tribute to two beautiful little girls. May they never be forgotten.

Thanks! I googled for butterfly/turtle photos. I wish I had taken the photo, but we are drying up in central Texas. I haven't seen a butterfly or a turtle in a couple of months.

Well, in Oklahoma...if you are a murdered the state has a fund for burial.
But should state money be used if there was a fund for burial? OR if they were given money by people because people hoped they could give them a decent burial?

I am not sure how many of you read other threads on our board but in case any one missed it check this out.

Dear Websleuths members,
Marc Klaas, Polly Klass's dad, has agreed to come on Websleuths next week for an hour long chat.

During the hour we will take questions from Weblseuths members only but the chat will be open to the public for reading.

The exact date of the chat has not been confirmed but will be soon.

Marc has appeared many times on Nancy Grace and other major network programs discussing Caylee's case and other true crime cases in the news.

Marc Klaas is a dear friend of Websleuths and we look forward to his chat.

Please check back in for more details. We are working out the technical aspects of the chat and will explain how it will work by Monday if not sooner.

Tricia
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68223

So maybe we could compile a question about the girls

Do you know if the chat will be about the girls specifically or all topics in this forum?

Rose, quit her job at McDonalds, and she is now employed at the school Skyla attended..

So I would that to mean they are not going to move like the Plackers.
Playing devil advocate here but if she got a new job maybe she got a raise in wages & can afford a new car now JMO

I got the impression that the Klass chat was going to be about Caylee Anthony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow