Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why now she doesn't want to be seen on camera when she has in the past?

Do you think she is afraid? In fear of her life? Or is she afraid of being ridiculed the way people have ridiculed her husband? Judging him on his appearance etc.

I wonder why now she doesn't want to be seen on camera when she has in the past?

I just thought of something else. She has been on camera before but I don't believe she has ever spoken on "air". Usually she just sat there or something. Maybe she didn't feel comfortable being on camera?

Do you think she is afraid? In fear of her life? Or is she afraid of being ridiculed the way people have ridiculed her husband? Judging him on his appearance etc.
I have no idea if she's in fear or not.

I just thought of something else. She has been on camera before but I don't believe she has ever spoken on "air". Usually she just sat there or something. Maybe she didn't feel comfortable being on camera?
I can understand not wanting to be filmed. Skyla's mother hasn't been in any interviews at all.

Hey Folks-

This is RPS - some of you might know me from topix. I think I'll now avoid that site for now as it has now reached unconceivable heights of immaturity among grown adults.

My latest look at the case was to review the Okmulgee Conuty Inmate roster to see if the DD and CL case was being treated differently than the others. It seems that with a 2nd degree burglary charge, someone would have bailed them out by now. And CL has a young child.

I got this far:

Jul 11 2008 District Charge
Jul 16 2008 Warrant/Felony
Jul 18 2008 DOC
Jul 18 2008 Warrant
Jul 21 2008 On Writ/OKC
Jul 22 2008 Local Hold
Jul 23 2008 Warrant/Felony
Jul 23 2008 Warrant/Felony
Jul 23 2008 Felony/Meth
Jul 23 2008 Felony/Meth
Jul 29 2008 Felony/Rape
Jul 29 2008 Drug Ct Hold
Jul 30 2008 County Hold
Jul 31 2008 DOC
Aug 1 2008 Fed Hold
Aug 1 2008 Fed Hold
Aug 1 2008 Fed Hold
Aug 1 2008 Fed Hold
Aug 5 2008 DOC
Aug 5 2008 DOC
Aug 5 2008 Felony/Burglary (2nd degree)
Aug 5 2008 Felony/Burglary (2nd degree)

Aug 6 2008 DOC

Then I received the warning:

"Only 50 inmate Records may be viewed in any 24 hour period. This activity is monitored for abuse."

I guess I have to wait before I do more inquiries on the information that they put on the public domain. Sorry!

There seems to be a pattern emerging about who they keep and who they release. And Burglary seems out of place. But hopefully they will give me more data points later.

Can someone please enlighten me? I was just rereading the autopsy reports on both girls and it says both of their hands were in bags secured with tape. Were they found this way or was that done as a protective measure when the bodies were discoveed?

As I reread those, I still think there may be some clues in the scribblings on their bodies done with markers.

It almost appears to me that they were madder at Skla than they were at Taylor due to the number of times she was shot and the shot to her neck that appears to have been done at very close range almost as if to "finish her off".

I'm also very curious about the tattoos on Taylor. Were they self done or professionally done?
The hands are always bagged to preserve evidence.Skin under the nails,GSR,etc.Actually,I think I read something in Taylors autopsy report that indicated she was a nail biter/her nails were too short to cut.

Good point. No one knows what they would do if they were in the same situation. He probably did want his spouse there for support. I'm just bothered by the report that PP did in fact use one of the girl's cell phones to dial 911.

Better to do that imo than let the police come screaming by with their sirens on right down from her house when she knew that the girls and Peter were on that road.

imoo

Lauren, You are right. She is afraid. The reporter states in the very beginning of the video that she doesn't want to show her face because she is afraid. Poor thing. She can barely speak.

Man it's only been 3 months but it seems like soooo much longer than that to me.

OMG! This poor woman just rips my heart out. She is so tormented by this tragedy.

God Bless her and give her strength to endure.

imoo

Ocean, I agree about Vicky.

Lauren, thanks for posting the video.

I jotted down what it says on the billboard shown in the video (which is in Henryetta, on I40 westbound just west of 75). I don't understand why reward in big letters is only $1,000.

Billboard
Information Wanted
Pics of Taylor & Skyla
$1000 Reward (and in smaller letters: Plus over $30,000 from other sources)
Remain Anonymous!
800-635-8477; okcrimestoppers.com

OK Crimestoppers website main page:

Crime Stoppers encourages members of the community to assist local law enforcement agencies in the fight against crime by overcoming the two key elements that inhibit community involvement: fear and apathy.

Crime Stoppers provides a telephone number and Web Tips to encourage citizens in the community to volunteer vital information helpful to law enforcement agencies to fight against crime.

Callers can remain anonymous and are eligible to recieve a cash reward if the information given leads to an arrest or grand jury indictment of a felony offender.

http://oklahoma.crimestoppersweb.com/

Hey Folks-

This is RPS - some of you might know me from topix. I think I'll now avoid that site for now as it has now reached unconceivable heights of immaturity among grown adults.

My latest look at the case was to review the Okmulgee Conuty Inmate roster to see if the DD and CL case was being treated differently than the others. It seems that with a 2nd degree burglary charge, someone would have bailed them out by now. And CL has a young child.

snipped

Hi RPS - glad to see you here. Thanks for the info.

Welcome RPS!!! You will love it here. And one good thing, we stay on topic!!!

Lauren, You are right. She is afraid. The reporter states in the very beginning of the video that she doesn't want to show her face because she is afraid. Poor thing. She can barely speak.

Man it's only been 3 months but it seems like soooo much longer than that to me.

It is hard to watch. She can barely breathe it seems. I wanted to cry when she mentioned that she can't get out of bed and wants to be with Taylor. As a mother, put yourself in her shoes.

From what she said in the video, does anyone get the impression that they are still in the dark about who committed these murders? Or do you feel that she was trying to get someone to say something that could possibly "seal the deal"? I personally think OSBI knows who did this, but they don't have the proof they need to convict. Arrest is one thing, but to make sure the person/persons who did this stay behind bars for the rest of eternity or die for it is completely another. They may not have that one thing and they need someone to come forward with it.

I jotted down what it says on the billboard shown in the video (which is in Henryetta, on I40 westbound just west of 75). I don't understand why reward in big letters is only $1,000.

Billboard
Information Wanted
Pics of Taylor & Skyla
Remain Anonymous!

Crime Stoppers encourages members of the community to assist local law enforcement agencies in the fight against crime by overcoming the two key elements that inhibit community involvement: fear and apathy.

Crime Stoppers provides a telephone number and Web Tips to encourage citizens in the community to volunteer vital information helpful to law enforcement agencies to fight against crime.

Callers can remain anonymous and are eligible to recieve a cash reward if the information given leads to an arrest or grand jury indictment of a felony offender.

You're very welcome cloudajo. I came by that video by accident and when I checked, I realized no one else had posted it. I wonder if I should post it in the media thread? Or has someone else done that?

Anyhow, regarding the billboard. I'm wondering if the $1000 is from Crimestoppers or whomever paid to put the billboard up and the balance is from private sources (OSBI, public donations etc.) and therefore that is why it had to be put up that way?

$1000 these days is not enough money to get anyone to talk. But we know the reward money had been listed over $40,000 in the first weeks and no one came forward. You'd think that someone would think about that kind of money, especially a young person. If someone only sees $1000 and is driving by and doesn't have time to read the part about $30,000 will they be enticed to call? Probably not.

Billboard
Information Wanted
Pics of Taylor & Skyla
Remain Anonymous!

Callers can remain anonymous and are eligible to receive a cash reward if the information given leads to an arrest or grand jury indictment of a felony offender.

Good Morning cloudajo and Everyone!

Do we know who paid for the Billboard? Those can be quite expensive. I hope someone donated money so they could see that this was done.

Peter also seems so lost. I think it has been very hard for him too...not only losing Taylor and Skyla this way but feeling so helpless when he sees Vicki coming apart at the seams. Both of these families need to know who did this and why. They need to see that justice has been done for Taylor and Skyla.

imo

Good Morning cloudajo and Everyone!

Do we know who paid for the Billboard? Those can be quite expensive. I hope someone donated money so they could see that this was done.

Peter also seems so lost. I think it has been very hard for him too...not only losing Taylor and Skyla this way but feeling so helpless when he sees Vicki coming apart at the seams. Both of these families need to know who did this and why. They need to see that justice has been done for Taylor and Skyla.

imo

I agree with you. And it just breaks my heart to feel the pain that they are feeling! I just wish there was something I could do for them. I know we all feel that way.
Has anyone made a connection with the fires? Were the fires targeted at people who are suspects... or maybe just random, trying to give locals something to focus on besides the criminals? It seems someone in that town is harboring a lot of hate! I dont understand this behavior! Someone needs alot of help!

You're very welcome cloudajo. I came by that video by accident and when I checked, I realized no one else had posted it. I wonder if I should post it in the media thread? Or has someone else done that?

Anyhow, regarding the billboard. I'm wondering if the $1000 is from Crimestoppers or whomever paid to put the billboard up and the balance is from private sources (OSBI, public donations etc.) and therefore that is why it had to be put up that way?

$1000 these days is not enough money to get anyone to talk. But we know the reward money had been listed over $40,000 in the first weeks and no one came forward. You'd think that someone would think about that kind of money, especially a young person. If someone only sees $1000 and is driving by and doesn't have time to read the part about $30,000 will they be enticed to call? Probably not.

We have crimestoppers in my town and I believe the reward is $1500.00 and there have been plenty of crimes solved from tipsters calling in and some of them were murder cases. I think it depends on the person who knows something and whether a thousand bucks is something they need. I have always felt this case will be solved if a younger person speaks up and $1000 is a lot of money to them especially if they may be poor or have no jobs.

So it does give me a little glimmer of hope that someone will do the right thing. They truly can remain anonymous and no one knows they collected the money. They don't even have to agree to testify in the case.

I would think that if any of them called into Crimestoppers that CSs would tell them there is also another reward of over $30K

imoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members