Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Several people have stated that the shell casings were found in a pile. I have yet to find the article. But, if it IS true, it makes me think of something that was said on the TV show, "SNAPPED." They said that, "strangers don't clean-up after themselves." Meaning...they do the killing, then leave. Where as a family member will take a lot of time trying to clean everything.

Just a thought.

The OSBI did state that early on, IIRC. I don't think they were "stacked", but they were together in some fashion which they referred to as a "pile". It didn't sound to me as if the scene were in any way cleaned up.

The problem quickly became that the county came and graded the road a day or so after the murder. They then lost any other evidence to be found at the scene. (HUGE mistake!)

Just my opinion but I really don't believe it was the minister who was behind the death of the girls. I do believe it was someone they knew or at the very least someone they were not afraid of. I hope this case is solved, but I believe it will be a long time.

Several people have stated that the shell casings were found in a pile. I have yet to find the article. But, if it IS true, it makes me think of something that was said on the TV show, "SNAPPED." They said that, "strangers don't clean-up after themselves." Meaning...they do the killing, then leave. Where as a family member will take a lot of time trying to clean everything.

Just a thought.

Little~
The shell casings being in a pile was in a feeling or a vision (not sure how to describe it....... ) that Bern had. It is not a fact. Here is her original post referencing the casings..........
Hi, I am new to this thread. I found it while searching info on Caylee. I had a dream a few nights after this story aired on CNN about Taylor and Skyla.

I won't bore you with all the details, but I got that Taylor knew this person and she was a "hit" and it was all business and he said "regrettable" in my dream. When I say knew him, I mean recognized him. I also feel he was impotent. He felt she knew something or saw something. I also felt that the drawing of the POI may have been a lie, or there was something about the his mouth or teeth as he sort of hid them with his hand in my dream. I didn't see the drawing until a week after this dream and it had some similarities to the person I saw. I also got that the crime scene was staged in some way. I saw 13 empty shell casings. 10 stacked up and 3 lying down. So this tells me it was random or spur of the moment but something was staged. I also feel something was taken from one of the girls. I did see a purse, not two but one. Not sure what or why. I felt that Tayor has the target and Skyla just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I decided to post this as I haven't read a lot about this case as I don't live in OK and there isn't much I have run across. But today I saw the post about finding her purse on her arm and decided to just put this out there.

My prayers go out to the families.

Sorry, Ruflossen. It is a fact if the news did show the casings on television. (I need to find the video.) This information did not come from only Bern. This was in the very first thread on here about the case on page 16:

"They said there was a high-powered weapon and a low-powered weapon,” Jimmy Farrow said. "One of the TV stations showed shell casings piled up in the road where it happened.”http://www.newsok.com/article/3256335/ (Bolded by me)

SS~
Thanks for the info on the shell casings. I would also like to see the video. If you find it, please post it.

Flossie

SS~
Thanks for the info on the shell casings. I would also like to see the video. If you find it, please post it.

Flossie

Me, too...lol.

SS, I remember, also, about the shells in a pile. Not stacked.

I will have to go look, also. It's bugging me!

I'm going to quote myself rather than retype the whole thing. Here's my idea on perhaps why the casings were in a pile.

The casings were not stacked. The stacked idea came from one of the posts in the Psychic thread made by Bern.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2849478&postcount=291

There is mention of the cases found being in a pile and that one of the area TV videos showed them. Did anyone ever turn up this bit of video or any stills from it?

I'm going to indulge in a bit of speculation. If the piled casings were all one caliber and were from the smaller caliber gun, I think this might have happened. In case anyone hasn't caught my other posts on this (and with so much discussion, they're easy to miss), I think the smaller caliber gun was a .22. The autopsy reports describe the bullets as copper coated, not jacketed. This is an important distinction, as .22s are the only ones commonly coated, not jacketed. Anyway, if the smaller gun was a .22, it may well have been a .22 revolver. My idea is that the shooter with that gun emptied it into the 2 girls. Then he swung the cylinder open and dumped the casings at his feet so he could reload. The killers may have wanted to be ready to shoot again in case anyone came up before they could get away. The one with the .40 caliber could have simply inserted another clip, but the other, if he had a revolver, would have to empty it before he could reload. This scenario would explain the casings being in a pile without the shooters having to do anything special for them to be that way.
Please note, this is just speculation. If it turns out the pile of casings were from both guns, then my idea is wrong. Same if the smaller caliber gun was a semi-auto pistol or rifle.

Thanks, Bargle. It was my thought that he dumped the casings like you said which would create a "pile". To be honest, I don't know that much about the difference in guns to tell what could or could not have been used. We do know they checked for owners of Glocks tho...Correct?

I would have to assume the video would have been one taken with one of the first television stations on scene. They would have come out of OKC because it didn't hit the Tulsa news until the next day. I honestly don't recall seeing any video of the crime scene before it was cleaned up by LE tho. We should then be looking in the videos from the first day or so of the news breaking.

SS, according to the firearms test thread, they were testing Glocks in .40 caliber.
Without more info, it's impossible to say anything certain about the .22. It's probably the most popular cartridge ever made and guns that can fire it have been in production for over 100 years. Just looking at revolvers, there have been designs hold as little as 4 rounds and as many as 10 that I'm aware of. Add in single shots, semi-auto pistols and rifles and it ranges from 1 to 20 or more, though single shots are unlikely in this case. There was an auto rifle (marketed to police dept.) that had a drum magazine that held, I think, a 100 rounds or more.

Maybe I should have made a new thread for this, but I just listened to an interview on NPR with some members of the Vidocq Society. This is an elite group of investigators of all types who tackle cold cases. I wish they would take on this case. They would have to be asked, though, by someone who has ALL the info. Interesting interview, though. Just google Vidocq Society.

Maybe I should have made a new thread for this, but I just listened to an interview on NPR with some members of the Vidocq Society. This is an elite group of investigators of all types who tackle cold cases. I wish they would take on this case. They would have to be asked, though, by someone who has ALL the info. Interesting interview, though. Just google Vidocq Society.
This isn't considered a cold case yet. The Vidocq Society takes on cases which have remained unsolved for an extended period of time, IIRC. They are a fascinating group!

This isn't considered a cold case yet. The Vidocq Society takes on cases which have remained unsolved for an extended period of time, IIRC. They are a fascinating group!

Thanks for the reply, SS. My thought was the same; that this case isn't considered 'cold' yet.

SS and Flossie, you are both welcome. I am still looking for the video.

When they say the casings were in a pile, do they mean they all landed in similiar areas (from each gun) or that someone took the time to pile them? Wouldn't casings roll away, roll around a slight bit depending on what time of surface they fell on?

Meow, if I remember correctly, they weren't in a pile. They were close to one another on the ground. Like Bargle wrote, the shooter probably emptied his gun, then reloaded.

I didn't know a DNA sample can yield the nationality of the person it came from.

THERE IS A COMPANY THAT "CLAIMS" it has a big enough DNA database to trace your racial and ethnic roots. I remember seeing an item on a southern "Black" (white appearing) High School Principle who used this company only to find he wasn't "Black" at all but other ethnic roots. I don't know if anyone has verified their accuracy or tested it scientifically, or used it as evidence in a court of law successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes