Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SS, maybe not a mistake, but a cover-up. The question is: What is the schedule or frequency the road is graded? Or was there another reason the road was graded? I thought there was a fair amount of rain right after the murders. Sounds far fetched, but who was the operator of the grader? Leave no stone unturned here. Maybe even find out who the supervisor was that supervises the road grading.

Thank you, SS, for the information. Now my hope has diminished that any DNA recovered from this crime will be checked anytime soon.

Me too Little. Very discouraging isn't it? You would hope that a crime such as this would not be backlogged but it is starting to look that way. :(

SS, maybe not a mistake, but a cover-up. The question is: What is the schedule or frequency the road is graded? Or was there another reason the road was graded? I thought there was a fair amount of rain right after the murders. Sounds far fetched, but who was the operator of the grader? Leave no stone unturned here. Maybe even find out who the supervisor was that supervises the road grading.
I think the road was graded by the county and there was simply a miscommunication between agencies (Sheriff's Dept. and OSBI forgot to tell the County). I know the day of the killings the wind was really high. I believe the rain started that evening and it did rain heavily. This is why they would grade the roads because of the mud. I don't think it was any kind of cover up at all, but who knows? It is sure worth looking into from that standpoint.

I asked Manny Gamallo, of the Tulsa World newspaper, about the road grading. This was his reply:

"On the road-grading thing, the murder occurred on a Sunday. The next day it rained heavily. It's normal practice in some counties, especially when a dirt road is heavily used, to regrade the road after a big rainstorm. Otherwise the road will be rutted from traffic during the rain."

SS, maybe not a mistake, but a cover-up.
The question is:
What is the schedule or frequency the road is graded? Or was there another reason the road was graded?
I thought there was a fair amount of rain right after the murders.
Sounds far fetched, but who was the operator of the grader?
Leave no stone unturned here. Maybe even find out who the supervisor was that supervises the road grading.....

Weleetka, All excellent questions that need answers..the answers just may connect some dots!

The grading of a wet, muddy road and the crime scene NOT being roped off, was a very big coincidence and I've never believed in coincidences...:shakehead:

MS and Little 726,thanks. Mysterylover sums up the end result pretty good I think. I would have thought there was a conspicuos presence of LE or their command post. Did LE leave the scene because it was raining and in the interleave, the road grader showed up and nobody was there to stop it. If it was an honest mistake, then I would suggest LE and the county prepare a policy and procedure to coordinate the "grading" of a crime scene. That is that LE should notify whoever supervises grading operations about the crime scene, and to suspend any planned grading athe crime scene until they are renotified it is OK to do so. A potential amount of evidence may have been lost forever.

i don't understand why the road was graded either, usually they wait until the road is dry to grade. and where were the people suppose to be investigating the scene? wasn't there yellow crime scene tape around there? surely if the county grader seen that, they would of though hey maybe i should call the police before i grade this road. the county which grades the roads would of heard of these murders because its what everyone was talking about. my mother lives on a dirt road in another county and as far as i can remember the roads were never graded when wet.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/site/printerfriendlystory.aspx?articleid=20080613_12_A4_hInves907999

by: MANNY GAMALLO World Staff Writer

Returning to the scene

The slayings have shocked the nation and have gained international attention.

Rosser said the OSBI has received offers of investigative aid from all federal law-enforcement agencies, and he noted that England's Scotland Yard has also called the OSBI.

For the time being, though, he said the case will remain a state investigation.

He noted the OSBI has 55 investigators for the entire state, and 15 of them are working on this case, along with the sheriff's office.

Rosser said quite a bit of evidence has already been collected.

And on Thursday morning, investigators returned to the scene of the crime to search for more evidence.

County Line Road was barricaded on both ends for about six hours as authorities conducted grid searches for any possible clues or evidence they may have missed Sunday and Monday.

A plane from the Oklahoma Highway Patrol also took aerial photos so investigators can hunt for clues.

After Monday's daylong rain, county commissioners had the road graded to make it smoother, and Rosser noted the grading may have uncovered other evidence. ...................................................

The road serves the farms and ranches in the area and has sporadic traffic, mostly pickup trucks.

Rosser said truck tracks at the murder scene are still being analyzed, as are bullet casings found there.

Officials don't know if the casings are related to the crime or from a hunter, but it's possible they may yield fingerprints.

A measure that would prevent the release of certain medical autopsy reports stalled Wednesday when it was pulled from consideration by a House committee.

~snip~

The OSBI requested the bill partly as a result of the medical examiner's office releasing the autopsy reports of two Weleetka area girls killed last year, Brown said.

The reports, released two months after the bodies of Taylor Paschal-Placker, 13, and Skyla Whitaker, 11, were found alongside a gravel road, showed where the girls were shot and how many times.

“We didn't want that information out because only the suspect or suspects and law enforcement know this information,” Brown said. “When we don't have a suspect and we don't have anyone arrested, that can be crucial information.”

~snip~

Trent Baggett, assistant executive coordinator for the Oklahoma District Attorneys Council, said his office wasn't consulted about the proposed law, but doesn't think it's a bad idea.

“Aside from law enforcement and the victim's family, the only reason the public would need to know some of that information is to satisfy their idle curiosity,” Baggett said.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-autopsy-info-bill-runs-out-of-steam/article/3343463 (Bolded by me)

And my answer to Mr. Baggett is: SUNSHINE LAW!!!! The Oklahoma Media needs to get on board with pushing for similar to what Florida Laws allow for public information.

IMO, Rosser knew when he made that statement it was complete BS:

After Monday's daylong rain, county commissioners had the road graded to make it smoother, and Rosser noted the grading may have uncovered other evidence. .................................................. .

A measure that would prevent the release of certain medical autopsy reports stalled Wednesday when it was pulled from consideration by a House committee.

~snip~

The OSBI requested the bill partly as a result of the medical examiner's office releasing the autopsy reports of two Weleetka area girls killed last year, Brown said.

The reports, released two months after the bodies of Taylor Paschal-Placker, 13, and Skyla Whitaker, 11, were found alongside a gravel road, showed where the girls were shot and how many times.

“We didn't want that information out because only the suspect or suspects and law enforcement know this information,” Brown said. “When we don't have a suspect and we don't have anyone arrested, that can be crucial information.”

~snip~

Trent Baggett, assistant executive coordinator for the Oklahoma District Attorneys Council, said his office wasn't consulted about the proposed law, but doesn't think it's a bad idea.

“Aside from law enforcement and the victim's family, the only reason the public would need to know some of that information is to satisfy their idle curiosity,” Baggett said.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-autopsy-info-bill-runs-out-of-steam/article/3343463 (Bolded by me)

And my answer to Mr. Baggett is: SUNSHINE LAW!!!! The Oklahoma Media needs to get on board with pushing for similar to what Florida Laws allow for public information.

I totally agree with you, SS!

It sounds like Oklahoma is going backward, instead of forward.

Our government is hiding too much as it is!

I have been in contact with Vidocq Society in regard to murder of a friend 12 years ago. According to their intake man, Fred B., their guidelines are quite rigid: The murder must be a cold case, over 10 years old. And you must be a member of the immediate family, or a police organization, in order to request them in on a case. Vidocq Society will not allow a friend to make the request. In the case of my friend, a murder victim, they would not let me intervene.

So Weleetka murders would NOT qualify for Vidocq -- not 10 years old, not cold case, and we are not immediate family or LE.

Local police too proud to admit they blotched investigation refused to ask for help.

One method, however, will work: unrelenting organized prayer. Pray for the culprit(s) to turn themselves in, for their friends to call in solid tips, for solid leads to emerge, prayer for the police and prayer that anyone obstructing the investigation will be detected and arrested. I don't know why in God's providence some murders like Locust Grove aren't solved in 35 years, others like Molly Biss it takes 3 years to even find the body, and now maybe they've found the killer in jail on another murder after 6 years. But I do know the killers are known to God and He's working on them.

I have been in contact with Vidocq Society in regard to murder of a friend 12 years ago. According to their intake man, Fred B., their guidelines are quite rigid: The murder must be a cold case, over 10 years old. And you must be a member of the immediate family, or a police organization, in order to request them in on a case. Vidocq Society will not allow a friend to make the request. In the case of my friend, a murder victim, they would not let me intervene.
So Weleetka murders would NOT qualify for Vidocq -- not 10 years old, not cold case, and we are not immediate family or LE.

Local police too proud to admit they blotched investigation refused to ask for help.

One method, however, will work: unrelenting organized prayer. Pray for the culprit(s) to turn themselves in, for their friends to call in solid tips, for solid leads to emerge, prayer for the police and prayer that anyone obstructing the investigation will be detected and arrested. I don't know why in God's providence some murders like Locust Grove aren't solved in 35 years, others like Molly Biss it takes 3 years to even find the body, and now maybe they've found the killer in jail on another murder after 6 years. But I do know the killers are known to God and He's working on them.

I agree OC and this is the same prayer I have been saying from the beginning..
Lord I am praying that a burden will be placed upon the individual or people that committed this crime or know who committed it against your two innocent children..that they will not be able to have a moment of peace until they do come forth and confess their wrong doing. I am also asking that you give them the strength needed to come forth and reveal their part in this crime.

To address your statement in regards to a blotched investigation
Something indeed is amiss..All I can conclude is that they really are at loose ends here and they really don't want us to know the truth which is they have no clue.. the old saying .."on a Wing & a Prayer come to mind"

After Monday's daylong rain, county commissioners had the road graded to make it smoother, and Rosser noted the grading may have uncovered other evidence.

May have or did uncover other evidence? There is a world of difference imo.

My God GS! Uncovered other evidence said Rosser? How about covered or buried evidence. And on Thursday morning, investigators returned to the scene of the crime to search for more evidence. So where was LE on Tuesday anyway? The story you so kindly provided shows quite a time gap where the crime scene was not secured well Monday to Thursday. Wow. Generally in horizontal construction the first rule is to provide drainage. Therefore you grade to allow drainage before the rain, not after. Something still smells rotten in Denmark. I remeber when living there in the 70's about 98 % of the County Commissioners went to prison for their dirty deeds that got exposed. Hmmm.....

Rosser said truck tracks at the murder scene are still being analyzed.

Specifically "truck" tracks?I don't recall reading this statement anywhere til now.I do wish LE could release more info. to the public such as their speculations on what brand of tire,size,etc.

i don't understand why the road was graded either, usually they wait until the road is dry to grade. and where were the people suppose to be investigating the scene? wasn't there yellow crime scene tape around there? surely if the county grader seen that, they would of though hey maybe i should call the police before i grade this road. the county which grades the roads would of heard of these murders because its what everyone was talking about. my mother lives on a dirt road in another county and as far as i can remember the roads were never graded when wet.

From my experience Teachmehow has it correct. They don't like to grade roads when they are bone dry because they can become like concrete but they don't grade when they are wet either. It is like trying to garden when the dirt is wet. All you do is make a mess.

The only thing I can see is that they knew that road carried tire tracks and those tracks would have continued for a distance away from the crime scene so somebody must have wanted the entire road wiped clean.

I agree, Albert18. It's another reason a dirty cop might be involved. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member