Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The police said that the girls died where they were shot. Also they did mention tire tracks and that someone had turned around in the road as if to go back in the opposite direction.

Didn't LE say they found some kind of DNA? I think that the killer or killers were outside of the truck when he/they shot and killed the girls.

All I can hope for is one day the DNA they have will match up with someone in CODIS. I think the killer or killers are younger and have no DNA on record anywhere to match it up to.........

I wish that justice would have happened quickly in this case but 40% of cases aren't solved. But there is always hope...that the killer will break the law again one day and his DNA will be taken and it will be matched to this case.
It is so hard for the families who wait and wait ......with no justice in sight.

But even today LE found a serial killer that may have committed up to 30 murders over the years. Thank goodness there is no time limitation on murder.

Bless Skyla and Taylor.

Never forgotten.

Hi Ocean~
It is good to see you posting on this case. In regards to DNA, I am unaware if LE ever stated that DNA had been found. But, they (OSBI) have stated numerous times they were taking DNA samples from a great number of people. This leads me to believe that DNA was found at the crime scene. I just wish we knew where the DNA was found in regards to the crime scene and the nature of the DNA, blood, saliva, etc...............

I think 1 of 2 things will happen to break this case. 1) Someone will eventually talk to LE about this crime and LE will get the break they have been waiting for. This person may get in trouble for unrelated charges and use the knowledge of the crime as a bargaining tool. 2) DNA - someone will get in trouble for an unrelated crime and their DNA will match DNA from the crime scene.

An excellent example of DNA helping solve a very violent crime is the case of Juli Busken. Below is the link to her story. Ms. Busken was the sister of a close friend of mine. It is a very sad story but, DNA did help find the killer of Juli and I believe DNA will also help find the killer(s) of Taylor and Skyla.

http://www.normantranscript.com/localnews/local_story_029003248/resources_printstory

Sanchez, in 2001, was charged with rape and second-degree burglary in Cleveland County. While serving his sentence at a Lawton prison, a state-mandated DNA sample was taken from him. The sample is required from all violent offenders and convicted burglars for storage in a DNA database.
In July 2004, a national database matched Sanchez's DNA to the DNA left at the crime scene.

Some are known to get adjusted to sounds they may hear often and they learn to tune it out. Such as those who lives by a railroad track for instance. When they first move in every time the train blows its horn they notice it but as time goes on they pay no mind to it anymore. From what has been said it was not uncommon at all to hear spontaneous gunfire as young teenagers and adults too, I suppose, shot their weapons on Sunday afternoons.

Also wind speed and direction of the wind can drastically alter the sound of a gun being fired. The wind that day may have been rather brisk and was not blowing in the direction of their home but carrying the sound further away.

Iirc, it seems the ones that heard gunfire that afternoon were people that were standing outside of their home in their yards at the time. Gunfire is heard much clearer in wide open outside spaces rather than from inside an enclosed home.

imo

Ocean, I could go along with that theory if it was just a few isolated shots, but 13 shots in a row would surely get my attention.

Ocean, I could go along with that theory if it was just a few isolated shots, but 13 shots in a row would surely get my attention.
How right you are,YellowDog.13 shots would definitely get my attention also.Nothing about this case adds up.:confused:

How right you are,YellowDog.13 shots would definitely get my attention also.Nothing about this case adds up.:confused:

maybe convenient, if people go there on weekends to shoot their guns, noone would really think nothing of it just some kids shooting their guns again. myself i think the truth is close to home, how come you dont hear who they think it might be. some names given out by them, i know if it was my family i would be giving names of who they could check out. i would be on here telling what i know and what i think. anything to help with the case.

I'm still leaning toward teenagers on four wheelers who were stalking these girls (maybe even prior to this day) and took off in the thicket after the shootings and headed for home lickety split.

If it was a common occurrence on a Sunday afternoon I don't necessarily think that some would even pay attention to it. Even if they heard it they may dismiss it as the kids firing off their weapons at cans or whatever.

I just dont find that a biggy and do we know for sure the Plackers didn't hear it but just thought it was those foolish kids shooting on a Sunday afternoon like they were known to do there?

imo

I'm still leaning toward teenagers on four wheelers who were stalking these girls (maybe even prior to this day) and took off in the thicket after the shootings and headed for home lickety split.

You sure would think LE could have seen their path or tracks on the road though, imo. ATV tire tracks are easy to spot and cutting through thickets in one leaves its mark too.

imo

You sure would think LE could have seen their path or tracks on the road though, imo. ATV tire tracks are easy to spot and cutting through thickets in one leaves its mark too.

imo
I sure wish LE could release more information to the public.:(

imo

It doesn't seem like LE can't make heads or tails out of any of the tracks around the scene. ATV tire tracks may be easy to spot but if they're all over the place determining recent from previous might be difficult.

I'd like to know who gave the OSBI the information about, kids shooting off the bridge was a weekly occurance.? Quite often, I travel the road in route to a friends home..and I have NEVER seen or heard kids at the bridge.
I will agree that ususally in Nov...during deer season, people would hear shots, because the biggest part of that land is leased to people in OKC, and they hunt that area.
I'll give the P's...this much, the wind was blowing out of the south...extreme winds..and had been for days.
Still...13 shots...with not one of them being heard from the house 300 feet away is a bit hard to comprehend.
Stories are changing, I've already picked up on several different scenarios. IMO, this investigation hasn't stopped, OSBI is lurking about, waiting and watching..somebody is going to make a big mistake.
What puzzles me is the fact that when I stop at the memorial, Although I'm alone, I usually get out to do a little cleaning, dust off the stuffed animals ,rearrange a few items..etc.and everytime there have been as many as 3 or 4 cars pass by, that certainly isn't the secluded area OSBI was lead to believe it was.But, yet...somebody wasn't afraid of getting out and shooting two little girls without being seen..?. Which leads me to wonder, was the killer actually familar to that area.??? Just my thoughts for the day....

But we don't really know for sure, do we, that the person in the truck was the killer? He could have just happened on the scene and did not want to get involved for fear of becoming a suspect. Maybe he had a criminal background and was afraid of opening up a keg of worms on himself.

I'd like to know who gave the OSBI the information about,
kids shooting off the bridge was a weekly occurance.?
Quite often, I travel the road in route to a friends home..

and I have NEVER seen or heard kids at the bridge.

I will agree that ususally in Nov...during deer season, people would hear shots, because the biggest part of that land is leased to people in OKC, and they hunt that area.
I'll give the P's...this much, the wind was blowing out of the south...extreme winds..and had been for days.
Still...13 shots...with not one of them being heard from the house 300 feet away is a bit hard to comprehend.
Stories are changing, I've already picked up on several different scenarios.

IMO, this investigation hasn't stopped, OSBI is lurking about, waiting and watching..somebody is going to make a big mistake.
What puzzles me is the fact that when I stop at the memorial, Although I'm alone, I usually get out to do a little cleaning, dust off the stuffed animals ,rearrange a few items..etc.and everytime there have been as many as 3 or 4 cars pass by, that certainly isn't the secluded area OSBI was lead to believe it was.But, yet...somebody wasn't afraid of getting out and shooting two little girls without being seen..?.
Which leads me to wonder, was the killer actually familar to that area.??? Just my thoughts for the day....

Missing Sarah, I agree, a very good question...

YellowDog, very good point, also.....:Justice:

Nope, "we don't know"...whether that person in the truck was a serial murderer, or as you suggest just happened to be on that road, that particular day.
I myself have pulled off the main highway trying to reach a private place to..well...I don't need to continue with that, but it has happened.
Sad, this crime has gone unsolved for 11 months.
Sad, that the grand jury didn't get any closer to an arrest.
Sad, that there hasn't been any new updates in months or no new details to give the public.
If, one of those children had been mine....I'd have a tent pitched in front of Okfuskee County Courthouse. I'd stand firm, and be a constant reminder to the LE..everyday, and not let my feelings go unnoticed!!

But we don't really know for sure, do we, that the person in the truck was the killer? He could have just happened on the scene and did not want to get involved for fear of becoming a suspect. Maybe he had a criminal background and was afraid of opening up a keg of worms on himself.
exactly,maybe suspended license,bench warrant,etc.

Nope, "we don't know"...whether that person in the truck was a serial murderer, or as you suggest just happened to be on that road, that particular day.
I myself have pulled off the main highway trying to reach a private place to..well...I don't need to continue with that, but it has happened.
Sad, this crime has gone unsolved for 11 months.
Sad, that the grand jury didn't get any closer to an arrest.
Sad, that there hasn't been any new updates in months or no new details to give the public.
If, one of those children had been mine....I'd have a tent pitched in front of Okfuskee County Courthouse. I'd stand firm, and be a constant reminder to the LE..everyday, and not let my feelings go unnoticed!!
Actually,I have considered the possiblity of a serial killer,but I don't think thats the case.

As to how all those shots went unnoticed in the Placker household, you'all seem to be ignoring the modern "noise" of TV, Radio, Ipods, etc. in a crowded household. Several people, several TV's, Radios, washing machine, etc. can make quite a lot of noise. I got used to hearing some knucklehead empty several magazines while babysitting a friend's Iowa farm one summer. I'd have arrested him myself. Always wondered what he/she was planning, fantasizing to empty that many rounds that fast. Not your regular target practice. But you get used to things like this in the country. I used to be able to recognize my neighbor's high powered shotgun as he tried to wipe out "chicken hawks" instead of keeping his chickens in a safe coup.

My gut is that the girls were methodically targeted by someone as a way of getting even with -- perhaps -- the natural parents or someone else in the family. Anyone sick enough to gun down two girls isn't going to be picky about bizarre ways of "sending a message". Psychotic, sociopath, drugged? God alone knows. May they repent and turn themselves in and/or be caught soon. May the girls rest in peace and their families be given God's healing peace.

Just wanted to day "Happy Mother's Day!" to all the websleuths moms out there.

My heart goes out to the Parents and Grandparents of these two innocent children.

I will light two candles beside my computer tonight and say a prayer for these precious girls and their families.

Rest in Peace...Taylor and Skyla!

I cannot believe that here we sit.....a year later...no arrests...no clues....

Their killers need to be caught...now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member