Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of us are unable to access the entire article. If you can, it would be great if you could post it.

I can't post the entire article. It goes against copyright law.

IMO, Baygents made it even more clear, to me anyway, this WAS premeditated.
The $6000 was probably in Leanna's IRA. I think after I worked 10-12 years I had $8000 and that was a LONG time ago and my pay was much lower than what she'd be making.

The $6000 was probably in Leanna's IRA. I think after I worked 10-12 years I had $8000 and that was a LONG time ago and my pay was much lower than what she'd be making.

Exactly!

I had 12k after 5 years...but that was back when some companies matched dollar for dollar up to 5% ...I was single and saved the maximum allowed.

That was like 20 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM. ITA. When I read the article, I thought it included more evidence for the PROSECUTION! I'm sure the brother thinks he's helping RH, but imo, he could be doing just the opposite, and the article might backfire on him. Moo, jmo.

What is IRA? TIA

About the videos:

But the video shows that Harris was in the car for less than 15 seconds, during which he put the vehicle in park, turned off the engine and then gathered his smart phone, computer bag and drink before sliding out of the driver’s seat.
Regarding the lunchtime incident, Stoddard testified that when Harris opened the driver’s door and tossed in some light bulbs he had bought, “he’s all the way inside the frame. … and as he’s reaching in, he kind of turns his head a little bit. He’s in there. He has a clear view.”
But the video shows that Harris’ eyes remain above the SUV’s roof line. Only his arm and shoulder reach inside the vehicle. On the video it shows it took three seconds for him to open the door, place the light bulbs inside and close the door.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/defense-for-toddlers-dad-writes-its-own-story/ngh3p/

Even if RH didn't put his head in the door, certainly he would smell the decomposition that was already taking place. Perhaps that is why he shut the door after 3 seconds and also waiting to see if the person walking by commented on the odor.

Ross' brother who testified at the grand jury spoke with a media source. Pretty interesting.

Also, Harris’ brother told the AJC that he and Harris were in the process of booking a cruise for the two families and chose one based on the activities it offered for children.

Cruises are pretty expensive. He wouldn't have afforded it IMO

​http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/defense-for-toddlers-dad-writes-its-own-story/ngh3p/

LOTS of stuff in this article peeps. Talking about the videos and what happens at HD.

More about his plans:

Harris suggested the two families vacation together, Baygents said. “He hounded and hounded me about it. I finally gave him a green light about a month and a half ago.”
Harris started communicating with a travel agent about the cruise weeks before Cooper died, Baygents said. They settled on Carnival Cruise Lines after going online and finding a Carnival ship that had water slides for children.
“This wasn’t a husband-and-wife thing,” Baygents said. “It was family – kids and all.”
Harris wanted Baygents’ wife’s sister to come too, because Cooper had enjoyed playing with her son during a beach vacation over Memorial Day weekend.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/defense-for-toddlers-dad-writes-its-own-story/ngh3p/

Baygents said Harris told him about the insurance policies while the two of them were discussing burial arrangements for Cooper. He said Harris told him to use the money for the boy’s funeral.
Baygents also said Harris gave him control of the Harrises’ accounts when he came to Marietta after Cooper’s death, so he is fully acquainted with the couple’s finances. The family had $6,000 in savings, paid their bills on time and had excellent credit, Baygents said.
“To say they were in financial trouble is just crazy,” he said.

About the videos:

But the video shows that Harris was in the car for less than 15 seconds, during which he put the vehicle in park, turned off the engine and then gathered his smart phone, computer bag and drink before sliding out of the driver’s seat.
Regarding the lunchtime incident, Stoddard testified that when Harris opened the driver’s door and tossed in some light bulbs he had bought, “he’s all the way inside the frame. … and as he’s reaching in, he kind of turns his head a little bit. He’s in there. He has a clear view.”
But the video shows that Harris’ eyes remain above the SUV’s roof line. Only his arm and shoulder reach inside the vehicle. On the video it shows it took three seconds for him to open the door, place the light bulbs inside and close the door.

More:

The video does show Harris pass a man walking toward the car. In fact, the man walks through the open space next to Harris’ parked SUV, passing within three or four feet of the vehicle and walking the full length of it. If he had turned his head and glanced inside, he almost certainly would have seen Cooper.
The video shows that Harris does stop briefly, but his eyes are on his cell phone, which he pokes at with his free hand. He never looks back at the man who walks past his car.
Harris also walks past another man who is headed in the direction of the car. Once again, Harris does not look back at this man. In both instances, he appears oblivious to the passersby.

Baygents also said the Harrises were saving up for a four-bedroom house because they wanted to have a second child before Cooper turned 3. And they were targeting their search to areas with good schools, he said.
“What parent does that unless they are planning for their kids?” Baygents asked.
Weeks earlier, in an interview with the AJC, Harris’ landlord said the couple was preparing to go house-hunting in East Cobb in search of good schools and a big back yard for Cooper to run around in.

I thought Leanna stated to a friend that it wasn't time for a second child?

Baygents also addressed Stoddard’s testimony about what happened when Leanna and Ross were put together in the same room after his arrest. Police, listening in on the conversation, heard Leanna ask her husband, “Did you say too much?”
But this was not a marital conspiracy, Baygents said. “It was more along the line of, ‘What’s going on here? Are we in trouble or something?’ They were in a total state of shock. Their child was dead.”

MOO this guy is a police officer and he knows exactly how damning that comment is. Even he is not able to really take the sting out of that with his weak possible explanation.

Just Wow. Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to have them all for reference.

About the videos:

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/d...n-story/ngh3p/

First, notice that he did have a drink, presumably from Chik-fila. I bet he had a Chik-fila cup in front of him for the first hour or so...yet we are to believe that did not jog his memory.

He kept his eyes remain above the roof line. That would indicate, in my opinion, that he didn't want to see yet..."what he dreaded to see."

Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if Leanna didn't know about the $4000 credit card. I alse imagined she had money put away that he had no knowledge of.
It makes total sense.

I think Stoddard said that she mentioned the 4,000 when LE interviewed her ?? JMO

I think Stoddard said that she mentioned the 4,000 when LE interviewed her ?? JMO

Iirc there were also digital records of her communications concerning his spending?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

which IMO is what caused them to ask about finance in the first place. They had his phone, they saw the texts and so of course, already suspicious because of RH's behaviors, they questioned both about the finance.

If this go trial, bet we'll see the LE brother on the stand. The thing is though, we never really know another person. Not even family. As scary as it sound, you never know what someone is capable off. I can understand his need to defend his brother, but the evidence right now, seems daunting.

MOO brother has the proverbial hard-on for stoddard because he cannot bring himself to contemplate how this would look to the investigative side of his nature were he not the accused family member. I feel he would feel very differently were he the investigating officer in stoddard's shoes. And if he honestly feels he would not have found the situation hinky and worthy of further digging and then charges in regards to a case involving a stranger to him, I would have to question his LE credentials, training and skills.

Not trying to be mean or hurtful. But he cannot speak with the cloak of LEO credibility when he speaks about his own nephew's case. He is too close. Way too close to properly judge the evidence.

MOO

This "boy-man" called RH could not afford a cruise or a house for that matter. He was barely holding down his job. There was not a significant financial cushion at all.

RH the "boy-man" was leading a double life which results in stress and strain galore on a marriage and when combined with a personality disorder and sex addiction........yep, it was always about him and everything and everyone was just periphery "filler". They are disposable to RH.

"Did you say too much"? That is the understatement of the year.

Think, LH.....think.

He is a [modsnip]. Most of us know [modsnip] like JRH, and just roll our eyes as they walk away from their latest boasting episode.

But DAYUM! Of all the losers I have ever met that behave this way, not once did I ever think they were capable of murdering their own child and in such a horrific way.

Don't get me wrong. I think [modsnip] did it, meant to do it, and only haz a sad because he got busted, the DB.

But it does make you think about all the "harmless", obnoxious, nerds you have known in your life......

Very interesting he gets his cop brother to take over his finances and not his wife or mother. Emphasis on COP. I don't see evidence of them being close at all. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8