Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was it that called the judge a SOB or simillar after he ruled no bond for Ross? TIA

Cady, if it was an IRA, yes, you are absolutely right and disingenuous of RH's brother to imply like you say that it's 'rainy day' money resulting from prudent month to month financial planning. He may slam the prosecution's circumstantial bits and pieces case but those bits and pieces combined will blow away a defense comprising "they have $6000 in savings and were planning a family cruise."

About the $4000 credit card debt. Did he accrue this debt in one month or was this over time? If he had $6000 in savings, it would have been better for him to settle up the credit card before the due date. He was in no position to buy a new house at all. As someone posted, where was the down payment coming from? The cruise thing seems affordable based on the amount listed above. I would love to hear how members of his family can explain the finances part and his big dreams of a four bedroom home in a good neighborhood.

If you follow cruise info, there are quite a few the disappear on cruises.

I am going more for the wife to disappear than Cooper

Hmm. Good possibility. I've felt all along that dear Cooper was just part of RH's plan. Cooper by car, spouse by cruise. Yep, you might just be on to something there.

:blushing: Wow, thank you, you all are so supportive, I'm trying not to cry;

I just can't explain it -- how many women "friends" are down my throat to "move on" and "get back in the game"... or criticizing me for being "just like a man-*advertiser censored*" because I'm in this relationship where I do actually love a man but won't take it any further.... they don't "get it" and they don't "get me" and I just want to SCREAM!!! I just want them to leave me alone and trust that if I want to spend the next 15+ years of my life putting my kids first to back off -- I don't have the same priorities.... and I'm sad because I expected them to be more like-minded...

Sounds like you need new friends. Believe me, there are plenty of women out there who "get it" because they've lived it, and they will "get you" too.

Now you just march right over to the nearest mirror and watch that big pat on the back you're giving yourself for being such a smart woman!

Does anyone have any ideas why it took months for RH to convince his brother to go on a cruise together?

If it was such a big deal, why didn't RH just go with his family. Cooper didn't need the rest of them to have fun on a water slide.

So much fun for a child who cannot swim. Yup.

Cady, if it was an IRA, yes, you are absolutely right and disingenuous of RH's brother to imply like you say that it's 'rainy day' money resulting from prudent month to month financial planning. He may slam the prosecution's circumstantial bits and pieces case but those bits and pieces combined will blow away a defense comprising "they have $6000 in savings and were planning a family cruise."

Someone suggested the $6000 may be a tax refund.

Here's an eye opening site.
http://www.cruiseshipdeaths.com/

Ages - a baby to up to age 82.
Many cruise lines.
Not just overboard or missing. Many causes of death.

OMG he wanted a two-fer; because it would be mighty hard to explain how a babe wound up overboard all by himself, but a mother holding a babe...

I'm going to go throw up now.

MOOMOOMOO all the way home.

I don't think the vacation was for Cooper either. First of all, how odd to plan a cruise and talk seriously about buying a house, with their financial situation as it is.

I found it odd that RH asked his brother to invite his sister-in-law and child so they can "play" with Cooper on the cruise. The brother has 4 kids, plenty of kids to play with Cooper, plus daddy and mommy. Who is this sister-in-law?

The defense team still faces many pieces of circumstantial evidence that tend to weigh against Harris, some of which they have yet to answer. There is his reported comment to his wife at the police station that he “dreaded” how Cooper would look. There is what Stoddard insisted was an actual Internet search for information on living in prison. There is testimony that the car stank “like death,” something Harris either failed to notice or ignored as he drove for several minutes with the windows up on the afternoon of June 18 with the boy’s body in the back seat.

I never realized that he made this comment to his wife. I thought it was to LE. This is more damming IMO.

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/local/defense-for-toddlers-dad-writes-its-own-story/ngh3p/?icmp=ajc_internallink_invitationbox_apr2013_ajcstub1#63de08bc.3823475.735434

Does anyone have any ideas why it took months for RH to convince his brother to go on a cruise together?

If it was such a big deal, why didn't RH just go with his family. Cooper didn't need the rest of them to have fun on a water slide.

Maybe Ross's brother was afraid of getting seasick and had to be talked into the idea of a cruise. MOO.

There have already been claims that RH has no sense of smell, and also that he is deaf in one ear. I am waiting to hear what else is claimed...probably that he is blind in one eye and can't see out of the other.

:laughing:

That is my best friend's favorite saying, and I've been wanting to say it for days!!!!

ETA: Man my MOO cow is awfully big. I'll try to get help getting it shrunk.

Maybe because his brother was more prudent about money and taking time off from work. JMO

Speculation of course, but can you imagine the sympathy (and donations) going his way if he and his wife took a cruise to try to recover from the awful accidental loss of their son when the wife tragically fell overboard?

I confess, that was my first thought after hearing about the cruise and how much RH pestered his brother from Christmas to June until he agreed to the joint trip. Suspicious minds think alike. (Been on several and am more familiar with this unfortunate dark side to the industry.)

Maybe Ross's brother was afraid of getting seasick and had to be talked into the idea of a cruise. MOO.
His brother was the one to first mention (Christmastime) that he was thinking of taking a cruise with his family, as I recall. (From the ajc article.)

His brother was the one to first mention (Christmastime) that he was thinking of taking a cruise with his family, as I recall. (From the ajc article.)

Yes, your right.

He said he and Harris were happily making arrangements to take their families on a cruise in October. The idea had percolated since Christmas, when Baygents said he wanted to take his wife and four children on a cruise.

Harris suggested the two families vacation together, Baygents said. “He hounded and hounded me about it. I finally gave him a green light about a month and a half ago.”

Maybe Baygents had been dragging his feet about making arraignments for the cruise and Ross "hounded" him until he gave the go ahead. JMO.

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/loca...nbox_apr2013_ajcstub1#63de08bc.3823475.735434

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen Simmons Guinn