Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm he said FU not Shut Up to the officer. Big difference IMO.

From the link:
Detective Stoddard then has to “process” the death car in the hot sun, a time consuming and gruesome procedure. Stoddard sees and smells the results of Harris’ carelessness. He questions the depth of Harris’ stupidity. How could anyone be so dumb? And this smell, how could anyone miss this smell?

bbm

Nitpicking here. Stoddard testified at the PCH that another LEO mentioned the foul odor in the SUV approximately an hour after RH entered the parking lot. Stoddard himself smelled the interior about 6 hours later when the SUV was being processed, describing it as decomposition or death. So no hot sun. Also, I had assumed it was processed at a Police compound.

I was also under the impression that Stoddard did not visit the scene. I thought he met RH at the Police station. Can anyone set me straight?

I question the depth of the author's writing skills. ;) JMHO here but it was poorly written and not well researched, more like a forum post than an msm op-ed. “Shut up?” Hmm.... he could use some fact-checking....

All Just :moo:

ETA: Stoddard said he didn't witness Cooper's condition at the crime scene (@2:00 into the video) but that he was present at the autopsy.

At 4:47 the prosecutor asks Stoddard about Lt. Farrel (sp?) who smelled a foul odor or stench from the SUV about an hour and 20 minutes after RH pulled Cooper out. Stoddard said he (Stoddard) entered the SUV later on that night, after serving the search warrant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBBZUQHJOUk

ETA2: Stoddard arrived on the scene at approximately 5:07 pm. Thanks for the added info gngr~snap!

From the link:

bbm

Nitpicking here. Stoddard testified at the PCH that another LEO mentioned the foul odor in the SUV approximately an hour after RH entered the parking lot. Stoddard himself smelled the interior about 6 hours later when the SUV was being processed, describing it as decomposition or death. So no hot sun. Also, I had assumed it was processed at a Police compound.

I was under also the impression that Stoddard did not visit the scene. I thought he met RH at the Police station. Can anyone set me straight?

I question the depth of the author's writing skills. ;) JMHO here but it was poorly written and not well researched, more like a forum post than an msm op-ed. “Shut up?” Hmm.... he could use some fact-checking....

I understood Stoddard to say he was at the scene; he didn't interview any other witnesses, but RH was in the car with him at some point.

Sorry if this is a dumb question...but why was it closed down?

This might have been answered by now, but I really don't know. I think SS (below) is right. I don't think it's fair that a few trouble makers have the power to spoil it for the majority. Not my call so I have to live with what happens. :)

I am curious too. I think general discussion is always good in a case.

Maybe it was getting to crazy? Too many alerts? If people would just chill a little we could talk about a lot more.. MOO

It was closed because we have a forum now and the ability to open threads for the topics we want to discuss. jmo

It was closed because we have a forum now and the ability to open threads for the topics we want to discuss. jmo

I understand that pops but it's hard to have any significant conversation, with fluidity, by having to jump from thread to thread to thread to post a thought or 2 at a time. JMO

I have been reading here for well over 10 years and every time a case gets it's own forum, it is frustrating for many.

Please don't get me wrong, I think it's a great idea to have different topics for different issues, but I still think a GD thread should be allowed. We need a place to have a fluid conversation without worrying about, "OOPS! Am I in the wrong thread?"

I'll leave it alone now. It is what it is. I just happen to not agree with it. :)

I understand that pops but it's hard to have any significant conversation, with fluidity, by having to jump from thread to thread to thread to post a thought or 2 at a time. JMO

I have been reading here for well over 10 years and every time a case gets it's own forum, it is frustrating for many.

Please don't get me wrong, I think it's a great idea to have different topics for different issues, but I still think a GD thread should be allowed. We need a place to have a fluid conversation without worrying about, "OOPS! Am I in the wrong thread?"

I'll leave it alone now. It is what it is. I just happen to not agree with it. :)

I've been here a loooooong time too, I end up posting in the wrong thread quite a bit of the time. I do try my best....
I'm never caught up, I give up trying when it switches to a forum.

It does however make a very nice archive!

Shrug...

I do know for sure, I hate when the whole forum gets shut down and we can't discuss the case at all...

yes yes I agree :loveyou:

Interesting the Ross thought he would lose his job before the sexting info came out. Wonder why he thought that? Coming to work late and leaving early? Surely he didn't think HD would fire him because he accidentally left his child in the car to die on their property. He likely knew the sexting info would come out I suppose.

According to Stoddard, Harris later made statements that police felt were strange, including "I can't believe this is happening to me" and "I'll be charged with a felony." Harris also talked about losing his job, he said.

Read more: http://www.ksbw.com/news/central-ca...n-was-dying-in-hot-car/26785384#ixzz38iZBe9St

Interesting the Ross thought he would lose his job before the sexting info came out. Wonder why he thought that? Coming to work late and leaving early? Surely he didn't think HD would fire him because he accidentally left his child in the car to die on their property. He likely knew the sexting info would come out I suppose.

According to Stoddard, Harris later made statements that police felt were strange, including "I can't believe this is happening to me" and "I'll be charged with a felony." Harris also talked about losing his job, he said.

Read more: http://www.ksbw.com/news/central-ca...n-was-dying-in-hot-car/26785384#ixzz38iZBe9St
Not just that but he told LH he would be charged with a felony. Was he charged at that point?

From the link:

bbm

I was also under the impression that Stoddard did not visit the scene. I thought he met RH at the Police station. Can anyone set me straight?

hth

KILGORE: All right. Let's talk about the scene for a moment. At the scene, you -- did you personally ever go to the scene?*

STODDARD: I did.*

KILGORE: All right. And at what time did you get there?*

STODDARD: I got there about 5:07: p.m.*

KILGORE: OK. What was going on at the scene when you got there?*

STODDARD: When I got to the scene, the scene had been secured. Detectives were walking in the scene in their cursory views. Crime scene was on-scene, starting their photographs.*

KILGORE: OK. And did you talk to the officers at the scene?*

KILGORE: Who were the officers at the scene?*

STODDARD: I spoke with Officer Piper and Officer Foglia.*

KILGORE: Piper and who?*

STODDARD: Foglia.*

KILGORE: OK.*

And had those officers interviewed witnesses at the scene?*

STODDARD: They had. KILGORE: Do you know who they interviewed?*

STODDARD: I do not.*

KILGORE: Did you interview witnesses at the scene?*

STODDARD: I did not.*

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/cnr.06.html

All posts are MOO

***SNIPPED

Why would LE include those comments as reason for suspicion of something? If LH left Cooper in the car on purpose, why would he be blurting those things out at the police station? I think those kind of comments as coming from someone who was truly surprised to have found his son dead in the car, not someone who was trying to make it look like a mistake when it wasn't.

[snipped]...

Boy, it really is all about RH, isn't it?

If I had accidentally killed a child, at that point in time I wouldn't care about losing my job or what I was charged with. I would be beside myself with guilt and grief, and pain at causing the horrid death of an innocent child, and probably wouldn't care if I lived or died.

Edited to add: the comment about the felony also makes it sound like RH had researched what possible charges might be.

Boy, it really is all about RH, isn't it?

If I had accidentally killed a child, at that point in time I wouldn't care about losing my job or what I was charged with. I would be beside myself with guilt and grief, and pain at causing the horrid death of an innocent child, and probably wouldn't care if I lived or died.

...And possibly worried about my wife?! As in how she's holding up and whether she'd ever forgive me?!

It's so heart breaking seeing little Cooper's forum dying down after the General Discussion thread was closed. :(

In my experience on other forums, and lurking on this one, this is pretty common. Once the topic gets split up, posters find it harder to discern which thread to post in.

If it helps, I just check them all. It is time consuming and I probably miss some things, but whatcha gonna do? :)

Why would LE include those comments as reason for suspicion of something? If LH left Cooper in the car on purpose, why would he be blurting those things out at the police station? I think those kind of comments as coming from someone who was truly surprised to have found his son dead in the car, not someone who was trying to make it look like a mistake when it wasn't.

And I think those comments as coming from someone so selfish, they are only thinking of themselves. And from someone who is surprised that LE is not buying their 'accident' story.

...And possibly worried about my wife?! As in how she's holding up and whether she'd ever forgive me?!
Yes that's right. He never said 'I'll lose my wife.' But he'll lose his job. Interesting.

Yes that's right. He never said 'I'll lose my wife.' But he'll lose his job. Interesting.

My guess is that he was on the verge of losing his wife already. If she knew about his escapades, it probably wasn't the best scene at home.

And yet not a single word about the grief and sorrow of LH or Cooper's grandparents

hth

KILGORE: All right. Let's talk about the scene for a moment. At the scene, you -- did you personally ever go to the scene?*

KILGORE: All right. And at what time did you get there?*

STODDARD: I got there about 5:07: p.m.*

KILGORE: OK. What was going on at the scene when you got there?*

STODDARD: When I got to the scene, the scene had been secured. Detectives were walking in the scene in their cursory views. Crime scene was on-scene, starting their photographs.*

KILGORE: OK. And did you talk to the officers at the scene?*

KILGORE: Who were the officers at the scene?*

STODDARD: I spoke with Officer Piper and Officer Foglia.*

KILGORE: Piper and who?*

STODDARD: Foglia.*

KILGORE: OK.*

And had those officers interviewed witnesses at the scene?*

STODDARD: They had. KILGORE: Do you know who they interviewed?*

STODDARD: I do not.*

KILGORE: Did you interview witnesses at the scene?*

STODDARD: I did not.*

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/cnr.06.html

All posts are MOO

Thank you for that gngr~snap! I'll go back and add that to the edit in my post. :loveyou:

So, it looks like Stoddard arrived after Cooper was removed from the scene. I suppose the sun could have still been hot at 5 pm, but I maintain that the author of that article stretched the facts in order to make an emotional appeal. So much for Stoddard "processing" the "death car" in the manner described by the author. :facepalm:

UPS is NOT the U.S. Postal Service, therefore they cannot offer PO boxes, and I am pretty sure they can't deliver to PO boxes seeing as how those are owned by USPS. The physical address is probably there so they CAN receive regular postal service mail.

http://about.usps.com/news/national-releases/2012/pr12_149.htm

Does not mention mailboxes specifically but does talk about the two services partnering to offer delivery.

Thought this was germane to the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly