Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would LE include those comments as reason for suspicion of something? If LH left Cooper in the car on purpose, why would he be blurting those things out at the police station? I think those kind of comments as coming from someone who was truly surprised to have found his son dead in the car, not someone who was trying to make it look like a mistake when it wasn't.

I see how people could see it that way. I just think his concerns would be more along the lines, how am I going to face my wife, I cannot believe this has happened, how could I be so stupid? and not worrying about his job and being charged with a felony and whether there is malice or not. That is just my take on it. yours is different. Shrug. Room for all.

I wonder what Stoddard was thinking here?

KILGORE: OK. What was -- what would you say was the primary piece of evidence that caused you to move from willfulness to negligence?

STODDARD: The primary was -- is how it's worded. And it was -- the medical examiner's report came back and he came back and said it was hyperthermia. Before we were going with dehydration, lack of sustenance. The child did die from the neglect of being left in that car seat. KILGORE: And that was -- that was why the decision was made to get a warrant for second degree.

Lack of sustenance? Was Cooper underweight?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/cnr.06.html

KILGORE: OK. What was -- what would you say was the primary piece of evidence that caused you to move from willfulness to negligence?

STODDARD: The primary was -- is how it's worded. And it was -- the medical examiner's report came back and he came back and said it was hyperthermia. Before we were going with dehydration, lack of sustenance. The child did die from the neglect of being left in that car seat. KILGORE: And that was -- that was why the decision was made to get a warrant for second degree.

[/B]Lack of sustenance? Was Cooper underweight?

sus·te·nance
The maintaining of something or someone in life or existence

Food and drink regarded as a source of strength, nourishment

I see how people could see it that way. I just think his concerns would be more along the lines, how am I going to face my wife, I cannot believe this has happened, how could I be so stupid? and not worrying about his job and being charged with a felony and whether there is malice or not. That is just my take on it. yours is different. Shrug. Room for all.

LOL, even if RH said those things, do you think Stoddard would have brought them out at the hearing?

It just goes to show they were going for the gold from the get-go. Seems like LE would wait until they found the worst case scenario rather than go for that without a basis. That REALLY annoys me.

Yes, 30ish year old's penis, ugh.
But would it be any consolation if a 30 y/o man had sent pix of a 16 year old's equipment? Or a 60 y/o man's equipment?

Did the Det. testify that Ross' pix was actually his own?
Re poss federal criminal charges against Ross re *advertiser censored* transmission, does it matter?
Imo, the creep factor is that a 30 y/o sent the pix to a 16 y/o (someone he thought was 16), no matter whose pee-pee was pictured.

(Sorry if O/T here in the small diff thread)

:seeya:
Not sure why my post is confusing, lol but here goes:
IF any male aged 16-106 sent my 16 year old daughters a picture of his penis I WOULD BE UPSET.

LOL, even if RH said those things, do you think Stoddard would have brought them out at the hearing?

If RH did say any if those things, his attorney would have elicited them from Stoddard during cross.

sus·te·nance
The maintaining of something or someone in life or existence

Food and drink regarded as a source of strength, nourishment

bbm
Indeed, lack of maintaining COOPER'S LIFE!

Yes that's right. He never said 'I'll lose my wife.' But he'll lose his job. Interesting.
He was talking to her when he said that. I do think he would have asked her if she was going to leave him... IMO
He knew there was a good chance the marriage eas already over.
He did say "what are we gonna do" The police will charge me with a felony, I'll lose my job.

That whole felony- job thing...

IMO he at this point he still thought he would get let go or at least bailed out.

They were checking the computers. He knew they might find the sexting on the job stuff and was hoping not the 17yo.
IMO LH knew he did sexted at work.
He said they would charge him with a felony. He knew it. He looked it up. As well as surviving prison.
Then she said " did you say too much?"

RH didn't cry over Cooper one time whe. he was at the hearing. He.cried.shen it was about him!
He wasn't upset over Cooper. He was uoset because he was about to gst outted for who.he really was and he knew he'd lose his job Church people and some of his friends...

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Now, did you finally see -- did - did you see emotion from the defendant at some point?*

STODDARD: Yes.*

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And at some point did you put the defendant and his wife in a room together?*

STODDARD: I did.*

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: When you did that, who was it that got emotional?*

STODDARD: The father.*

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And could you tell the judge, what was he being emotional about? What was the main thing he was crying about or sobbing about or whatever he was doing?

STODDARD: Oh, it was all about him. I can't believe this is happening to me. I can't believe, you know, this happened to me. Why am I being punished for this? And it continued. It was all very one-sided.*

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Did he talk about losing his job?*

STODDARD: He talked about losing his job. What are we going to do? I'm going to lose my job. I'll be charged with a felony.*

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Did his wife ever say anything to him about what he said to police?*

STODDARD: Well, she asked him -- she had him sit down and he starts going through this and she looks at him and she's like, well, did you say too much?*

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03cnr.05.html

All posts are MOO

Why would Stoddard bring statements like that out in a probable cause hearing where the prosecution was assigned the job of showing...probable cause? The burden to bring such statements out was on the defense attorney, not the prosecutor. Kilgore had an opportunity to do just that; he even broached the subject with Stoddard but chose to go no further:

KILGORE: And at this point in time, when you spoke to him in that interview room, he had not had an opportunity to see his wife, speak to his wife, or have any interaction with her at all, had he?

STODDARD: That is correct.

KILGORE: During the interview, was he expressing to you concerns about what in the world he was going to say to his wife?*

STODDARD: Yes.

KILGORE: And he wanted to talk to her.

STODDARD: Correct.

KILGORE: And that would not be a remarkable or unusual concern for somebody in this situation, would it?

STODDARD: I would say no.

KILGORE: How long was the interview?

STODDARD: I believe the interview was about -- I'm going to say approximately, but around an hour, hour and a half.

KILGORE: And it's audio and video.

STODDARD: It is audio and video.

KILGORE: OK. So you went through the events of the day.

STODDARD: That is correct. ...

Why would Stoddard bring statements like that out in a probable cause hearing where the prosecution was assigned the job of showing...probable cause? The burden to bring such statements out was on the defense attorney, not the prosecutor. Kilgore had an opportunity to do just that; he even broached the subject with Stoddard but chose to go no further:

My point exactly.

Imo you have a good take on this. He wasnt thinking about actual charges.....yet.
When jh realized his jig was up he had to be somewhat incensed and feeling stupid because of 2 little things.
1. he didnt plan on the baby being blue and in rigor.
2. he didn't plan on the gawd awful odor.

Thank you for that gngr~snap! I'll go back and add that to the edit in my post. :loveyou:

So, it looks like Stoddard arrived after Cooper was removed from the scene. I suppose the sun could have still been hot at 5 pm, but I maintain that the author of that article stretched the facts in order to make an emotional appeal. So much for Stoddard "processing" the "death car" in the manner described by the author. :facepalm:
It was still hot at 5:00 pm
Cooper was still at the scene. The tent was for privacy. There were choppers flying overhead. They don't put tents up to cool themselves. This opinion piece is a joke!
imo
lol

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KATL/2014/6/18/DailyHistory.html

hu4apyqe.jpg

All posts are MOO

Snipped

He was talking to her when he said that. I do think he would have asked her if she was going to leave him... IMO
He knew there was a good chance the marriage eas already over.
He did say "what are we gonna do" The police will charge me with a felony, I'll lose my job...

BBM

We didn't hear about any "please don't hate me's" or "oh my gosh I'm so sorry's" or "please forgive me's" either. No "How are you holding up?" No "How are my folks holding up?"

good point! They were grilling him about Cooper's "development" &if he was growing normal.
LH could have been a real food freak ya know.
All organic no processed food, no white flour or sugar...
Maybe he was too thin.

All posts are MOO

JMO I think their working theory was Cooper died from dehydration possibly. Children, babies dehydrate much quicker than adults.

I feel the smallest yet the largest detail that won't be explained away is the fact that Cooper was in that car for seven hours.

http://www.mdjonline.com/view/full_story/25490723/article-Profiler--doctor-analyze-Harris

Dudley said he sees lapses in memory very often and considers them normal. What wasn’t normal about Harris’ act of forgetfulness, he said, was Harris apparently didn’t remember his child for seven hours.

“What made it unusual is the length of time that he was left in the car,” Dudley said.

good point! They were grilling him about Cooper's "development" &if he was growing normal.
LH could have been a real food freak ya know.
All organic no processed food, no white flour or sugar...
Maybe he was too thin.

All posts are MOO

Doesn't seem to translate to their eating habits by looking at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly