Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Marietta Daily Journal is reporting on July 16 that a Cobb County Superior Court judge has been assigned to preside over the Justin Ross Harris trial for the hot car death of his 22-month-old son Cooper that occurred on June 18 in Cobb County, Georgia. The father of the child Justin Ross Harris, is facing felony murder charges in addition to child cruelty charges. According to the Marietta Daily Journal today, Cobb County Superior Court Judge Mary Staley has been assigned to preside over the Justin Ross Harris trial. Judge Staley was selected by lottery according to an administrator in the Cobb County courts, and "wasn't chosen for any specific reason."

When did Leanna Harris really find out about it? And what did she really start doing about it? And, when did those "hot car death" searches really start happening, and how close was that timeline to the discovery of the cheating?

Do we know without any uncertainty whatsoever that Leanna Harris wasn't catfishing her own husband that day to frame him during what she knew would become a very crucial timeline for her?

http://www.examiner.com/article/lea...between-lines-of-hot-car-death-mom-statements

No we do not. But we have also seen nothing to suggest she did any such thing. MOO

I'm not following you. Are you saying that being drunk or being high is more of a distraction than sexting?

People seem to be focusing on sexting , pooh poohing it because it is "moral" issue.

I am sayng then, substitute drunk or high, then, because it is all the same to me

I wonder if Ross was on his phone at the Chick-Fil-A and sent a kik from there? He may have gotten a response in the car after starting to drive off. If he had his phone right next to him in the car, he could have seen an incoming kik message and hurried to get to work to get his sexting started. JMO

If this scenario happened (which IMO it did), this will be part of his defense--with or without sexting, cell phone distractions have been heavily studied, reported, and used as a basis for cell phone use laws.

The Toronto Relationships Examiner recently reported on how Michael Baygents told the Atlanta Journal Constitution last week that there was no motive in this case, and that to say that the Harris's were in financial straits was "ridiculous."

But that is not what he said at the probable cause hearing. And that is not what the defense said at the probable cause hearing either. In preparation of asking Judge Frank Cox for a bond, defense attorney asked Michael Baygents if he considered Ross Harris and Leanna Harris wealthy, asking, "Would you say that the family is not of great wealth?" to which Michael Baygents, Sergeant in the Tuscaloosa Alabama Police Department replied, "Yes."

This testimony was used to support the defense's request for a bond of $50 thousand dollars based on the fact that "these are people of limited means."

http://www.examiner.com/article/ros...ter-forensics-expert-profiler-talks-deception

Good catch. Mr. Baygent can't have it both ways. He needs to pick a 'truth' and stick with it :rolleyes:

When did Leanna Harris really find out about it? And what did she really start doing about it? And, when did those "hot car death" searches really start happening, and how close was that timeline to the discovery of the cheating?

Do we know without any uncertainty whatsoever that Leanna Harris wasn't catfishing her own husband that day to frame him during what she knew would become a very crucial timeline for her?

http://www.examiner.com/article/lea...between-lines-of-hot-car-death-mom-statements

Interesting questions. I wondered earlier if LH hadn't been one of the "up to six" persons sexting with RH.

I wonder what Stoddard was thinking here?

KILGORE: OK. What was -- what would you say was the primary piece of evidence that caused you to move from willfulness to negligence?

STODDARD: The primary was -- is how it's worded. And it was -- the medical examiner's report came back and he came back and said it was hyperthermia. Before we were going with dehydration, lack of sustenance. The child did die from the neglect of being left in that car seat. KILGORE: And that was -- that was why the decision was made to get a warrant for second degree.

Lack of sustenance? Was Cooper underweight?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/cnr.06.html

It just goes to show they were going for the gold from the get-go. Seems like LE would wait until they found the worst case scenario rather than go for that without a basis. That REALLY annoys me.

I missed something. This is why they changed their minds FROM willfulness (intentional) TO negligence (unintentional). So far it is still charged as neglect, but could change. Any time someone has someone else die in their sole company, the place to start is with an assumption of intent (MOO).

IMO "limited means" doesn't translate to "financial straits"

Good question renarde. That doesn't line up with intimacy issues she allegedly described either to Stoddard or via texts seen by Stoddard.

While the revelations shocked friends and family members who attended last week’s probable cause hearing, they may not have been a surprise to his wife. Texts sent by her husband indicated that she knew he was cheating on her, prosecutors said. Harris’ wife told investigators the couple was having intimacy issues, Stoddard testified.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/breaking-news/leanna-harris-visits-husband-in-jail/ngbks/

I haven't seen anything suggesting LH catfished RH and was one of his sexting partners but man if evidence arose that would certainly turn this case upside down IMO.

If the defense uses the distracted by penis and breasts defense if will certainly be interesting. Because sexting was a choice to engage in sometimes illegal activities at the expense of what you are supposed to be focused on, delivering your child safely to daycare.

IMO If the sexting did start on that drive, it does not help RH case. RH opted to allow that distraction into his morning at the expense of his parental duties.

ITA! Personally, I'd love to see the defense present an expert witness who testifies that sexting was the distraction that caused RH to forget about Cooper. I believe that would seal his fate, not because of the moral implications but rather because it's a self-imposed distraction. It would show a reckless disregard for Cooper as he chose personal pleasure over parental responsibility.

So far we've been told that RH said he wasn't using his phone during breakfast and the drive to HD - that may change when all the phone records are in. He didn't mention any family or work emergencies. He didn't say he had a false memory of dropping Cooper at daycare, only that he forgot to drop him off. There was no change in his routine that morning. He's left with slim pickings as far as excuses go.

An expert witness would have to hard-sell the jury on the notion of sexting as a legitimate reason for RH to abandon his parental responsibilities, especially with that big pile of circumstantial evidence stinking up the case. So yeah, I say bring it on.

If the defense uses the distracted by penis and breasts defense if will certainly be interesting. Because sexting was a choice to engage in sometimes illegal activities at the expense of what you are supposed to be focused on, delivering your child safely to daycare.

IMO If the sexting did start on that drive, it does not help RH case. RH opted to allow that distraction into his morning at the expense of his parental duties.

I know I'm just fantasizing here but how cool would it be if Home Depot also went after him for 'theft of services' for sexting while he was supposed to be working? Hey, a girl can dream :D

Interesting questions. I wondered earlier if LH hadn't been one of the "up to six" persons sexting with RH.

:eek:

I say all the time that nothing about this case could surprise me.

But THAT would be a doozy!

I don't believe LH would lower herself to RH level. She was employed by the same company for an extended period of time. Renal Dietitian's make as much or more than RN'S in many places. If you look at reviews from other Renal Dietitian's that work or have worked at DaVita on Glassdoor.com you will find out that many of them are overloaded with an exceptional number of patients. LH is a licensed professional with no infractions reported. When that is considered along with her allegedy being deeply religious, catfishing is absurd.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Interview/...-Interview-Questions-EI_IE5367.0,6_KO7,22.htm

4etedu4e.jpg

All posts are MOO

The Toronto Relationships Examiner recently reported on how Michael Baygents told the Atlanta Journal Constitution last week that there was no motive in this case, and that to say that the Harris's were in financial straits was "ridiculous."

But that is not what he said at the probable cause hearing. And that is not what the defense said at the probable cause hearing either. In preparation of asking Judge Frank Cox for a bond, defense attorney asked Michael Baygents if he considered Ross Harris and Leanna Harris wealthy, asking, "Would you say that the family is not of great wealth?" to which Michael Baygents, Sergeant in the Tuscaloosa Alabama Police Department replied, "Yes."

This testimony was used to support the defense's request for a bond of $50 thousand dollars based on the fact that "these are people of limited means."

http://www.examiner.com/article/ros...ter-forensics-expert-profiler-talks-deception

Very interesting.

I had just posted in the LH thread that I had come to the realization that there was zero reason for RH to involve LH the plan to kill Cooper, but that if LH was behind it, she had reasons to involve RH.

I know I'm just fantasizing here but how cool would it be if Home Depot also went after him for 'theft of services' for sexting while he was supposed to be working? Hey, a girl can dream :D

Maybe it's not complete fantasy. Some companies have clauses in employee contracts stipulating things like no moonlighting, non-competes and restricting bandwidth and software to company related usage. I would think that at the very least HD has some sort of policy regarding downloading and uploading *advertiser censored* while on company time.

I sooo want to know HD's reason for firing RH. A poster mentioned way back that HD could fire an employee “at will” so if RH signed a contract with them that would have been included in the terms. It's probably not relevant to the case – I'm just being nosy. I also wonder if there was a shakedown and maybe other employees got the boot. Inquiring minds wanna know! :whine:

I'm curious as to how anyone can read the first message from Leanna to Harris. I have tried numerous times now and simply can't make out the first 4 words. However, the last thing is not a ? but a 7. If one looks at the message from Harris to Leanna about going to the early movies and being home around 7, one can see that it is the same as the top message. So Leanna apparently wanted to do something around/at 7 to which Harris responded Hell Yea!

MOO

I'm curious to know what other HD employees know. Hurry up and wait, Cady. JMO

I'm curious as to how anyone can read the first message from Leanna to Harris. I have tried numerous times now and simply can't make out the first 4 words. However, the last thing is not a ? but a 7. If one looks at the message from Harris to Leanna about going to the early movies and being home around 7, one can see that it is the same as the top message. So Leanna apparently wanted to do something around/at 7 to which Harris responded Hell Yea!

MOO
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10774950

It was discussed beginning here . There is a video. I cant get a decent still shot.
We were never able to figure it all out.

I don't believe LH would lower herself to RH level. She was employed by the same company for an extended period of time. Renal Dietitian's make as much or more than RN'S in many places. If you look at reviews from other Renal Dietitian's that work or have worked at DaVita on Glassdoor.com you will find out that many of them are overloaded with an exceptional number of patients. LH is a licensed professional with no infractions reported. When that is considered along with her allegedy being deeply religious, catfishing is absurd.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Interview/...-Interview-Questions-EI_IE5367.0,6_KO7,22.htm

4etedu4e.jpg

All posts are MOO

If I suspected my husband of sexting women he met online, and he denied it, but I was still pretty sure he was lying, I can imagine setting him up to see if he'd take the bait... So... for a deeply religious woman to want to check and be sure her husband was not deceiving her and making a mockery of their marriage doesn't seem "absurd" to me. ACCEPTING that he was sexting other women would be less consistent with her religious nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz