SoCal fires continue thread 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw some weird truck rushing to San Clemente. they were big moving type trucks with flashing lights all over them

Wow!! They mean business. I hope this is a good lead and it will lead to the arrest of the spineless monsters that did this.

I would think if they were able to get a search warrent they must have some pretty good evidence. Don't they have to have probable cause?

I have been hearing about the fire for the last few days, but I am sorry to say that I hadn't paid a lot of attention to it. As some have said, it is that time of year.

But talking with all of you, seeing your pictures and getting up to date info, it sure has impressed the magnitude on me. Those pictures are just beyond anything I could imagine. And I have been to quite a few fire scenes including a tire dump fire.

I would think if they were able to get a search warrent they must have some pretty good evidence. Don't they have to have probable cause?

I would think they have to have probable cause...or at the very least a solid, concrete lead. Could be some bozo caught on the toll booth cameras or his/her Fastrack (the ez pass for the toll rd) could have been read in the area of the fire.

Maybe they are heading to the nuclear plant???
maybe.. if San Onofre catches fire I cannot imagine what would happen!?
ETA: I have never seen this type of truck before.

The air here is AWFUL!

There is great concern that the 2 fires in Big Bear area may converge and it will be total devastation if they do.

[FONT=times new roman,times,serif]San Onofre now threatened by the Horno Fire on Camp Pendleton
California-wildfires-1.jpg
[/FONT]

WOAH!!! :eek:

My thoughts and prayers to all of you in California. Even though I'm in Texas, I've been riveted to this thread for the last couple of days. I can't even image......................WOW!!!

maybe.. if San Onofre catches fire I cannot imagine what would happen!?
ETA: I have never seen this type of truck before.

The air here is AWFUL!

There is great concern that the 2 fires in Big Bear area may converge and it will be total devastation if they do.

Surely they must have some kind of super duper fire wall or something at San Onofre? I can't imagine the repercussions if that catches.

The Big Bear fire is the same as Lake Arrowhead right? Don't know if you saw my post but they aren't even dropping anything by air right now due to the visability issues for the pilots.

Try not to go out,JBean. I just don't think you can underestimate the long term effects the air will have on everyone.Turn your AC on.(although not to be a bearer of more bad news,but they are saying there is now a major power crisis)

Cin. news is saying that FBI is launching an arson investigation.
It was reported last night that the CHP helicopter spotted a man on a Harley actually starting a new fire and notified CHP on the ground. (This was around the Arrowhead Lake area, I think.) They have him in custody. I haven't heard anything else on it since then tho. Anyone?

(By the way, the story was relayed live by a Fox reporter who actually was there at the time this occurred.)

I hope that nuclear plant does not get hit. This is getting ugly real quick

I hope that nuclear plant does not get hit. This is getting ugly real quick

I think I heard the critical reactors and building have a 4 foot concrete wall. I hope that means the reactors are safe. But I bet the power lines are vulnerable. That still would be a huge mess.

Surely they must have some kind of super duper fire wall or something at San Onofre? I can't imagine the repercussions if that catches.

The Big Bear fire is the same as Lake Arrowhead right? Don't know if you saw my post but they aren't even dropping anything by air right now due to the visability issues for the pilots.

Try not to go out,JBean. I just don't think you can underestimate the long term effects the air will have on everyone.Turn your AC on.(although not to be a bearer of more bad news,but they are saying there is now a major power crisis)

Would not be surprise. If Norcal does not go on rotating blackouts to help SOCAL. If that happens so be it.

Yeah, usually nuclear power plants are safe - all you do is pull the rods out, and it's just a bunch of lumps of metal - the fire can't do anything to it. Burning down the wires - that'll be a pain, we'll lose some of our electricity that we could really use.

It was reported last night that the CHP helicopter spotted a man on a Harley actually starting a new fire and notified CHP on the ground. (This was around the Arrowhead Lake area, I think.) They have him in custody. I haven't heard anything else on it since then tho. Anyone?

(By the way, the story was relayed live by a Fox reporter who actually was there at the time this occurred.)
John Alfred Rund, 48, was just named on Fox as the suspect.
http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_212110928.shtml

Yeah, usually nuclear power plants are safe - all you do is pull the rods out, and it's just a bunch of lumps of metal - the fire can't do anything to it. Burning down the wires - that'll be a pain, we'll lose some of our electricity that we could really use.

Thanks for the info. I think of everything burning to the ground :)

Jbean, is there anything in Laguna Niguel? The smoke looks so heavy over that way.

Cincy news telling what to pack for evac. Good for all of us to know I guess.

Food
Clothing
Personal Items
Medications
Cell phones, laptops, and the chargers
Birth certificates
SS cards
Passports
Home insurance policies
A home inventory

(and I will add that if you have room, take your photos and any sentimental items you can as those cannot be replaced)

Arson suspect killed, another arrested
By Hector Becerra and Maeve Reston, Los Angeles Times Staff Writers
1:23 PM PDT, October 24, 2007

"Amid worries of new blazes adding to the firestorm already afflicting the region, a man in Hesperia has been arrested on suspicion of arson, and police reported shooting and killing another arson suspect after chasing him out of scrub behind Cal State San Bernardino.

Law enforcement officials said today that they didn't know whether either of the men had started any of the more than a dozen large fires that have devastated Southern California in recent days, including the nearby Lake Arrowhead blaze. The brush fire in Hesperia was quickly extinguished by residents.

Investigators have said that at least two of the huge wildfires, one in Orange County and the other in Temecula, were the work of arsonists."

article talks about the guy they killed, and then:

"About three hours later in Hesperia, a man was seen by a female motorist squatting along the side of Highway 173 just south of Arrowhead Lake Road. Sheriff's officials say John Alfred Rund, 48, of Hesperia had just started a fire along the flat, isolated, scrubby road.

The woman called police, and Highway Patrol and sheriff's deputies were soon looking for the suspect, who witnesses said took off on a Honda motorcycle, wearing a red-and-white-striped helmet.

Four residents grabbed shovels and put out the fire with clods of dirt, said sheriff's spokesperson Jodi Miller.

A CHP helicopter, using infrared equipment, caught sight of Rund on his motorcycle, Miller said. Along with CHP officers, sheriff's deputies found and arrested him at a home along Highway 173 near Highway 138, she said.

He was being held on $750,000 bail on suspicion of arson and is to appear in court tomorrow in Victorville.

"He has not been connected in any way so far with any fire up on the hill," Miller said. "We don't know at this point what started that fire.""

Thanks for the info. I think of everything burning to the ground :)

Jbean, is there anything in Laguna Niguel? The smoke looks so heavy over that way.
I think the smoke from Foothill and the smoke from Horno are coming together over LN and SJC. it is absolutely AWFUL where I am. i am just off the Junipero Serra exit.
I think because the winds are dying down the smoke just wafts around. but it sure looks like ther is alot going on out my window here at the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Her Orangeness