SoCal fires continue thread 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the smoke from Foothill and the smoke from Horno are coming together over LN and SJC. it is absolutely AWFUL where I am. i am just off the Junipero Serra exit.
I think because the winds are dying down the smoke just wafts around. but it sure looks like ther is alot going on out my window here at the office.
Without the wind to blow the smoke away, they had to ground the water drops because of the lack of visibility. It's another Catch-22. I would be wearing a breathing mask JBeanya; that second hand smoke can harm you.

http://ktla.trb.com/news/ktla-ocfire,0,6364450.story?coll=ktla-promo-layout
O.C.'s Santiago Fire Rages, FBI Searches Home
Matt Apuzzo,

October 24, 2007, 12:59 PM PDT

California authorities and FBI agents searched a home Wednesday as part of an arson investigation into one of the wildfires devastating Southern California.

The search was conducted in Orange County by the Orange County Sheriff's Office and the FBI, the official said. The official, speaking on condition of anonymity because the investigation was continuing, would not say what was taken.

Full Coverage on the SoCal Fires

"FBI Los Angeles is assisting Orange County fire officials and sheriff's office in an ongoing investigation into the source of some of the fires," FBI spokesman Richard Kolko said. He referred all other questions to local authorities.

The fires, now in their fourth day, have destroyed 1,500 homes and caused at least a half-million people to flee, in what has become the largest evacuation in state history. At least 1,200 damaged homes were in San Diego County, which is just south of Orange County, and officials believe that number will rise.

More At Link
I wondered what caused these fires? Wasn't sure if it was from being so dry or arson?
Stay safe to all WS's CA posters. Thanks for keeping us informed. I am so scared for all involved.

I wondered what caused these fires? Wasn't sure if it was from being so dry or arson?
Stay safe to all WS's CA posters. Thanks for keeping us informed. I am so scared for all involved.
I think they only suspect the Orange County Santiago fire was arson. They found 3 places where it was set and some incendiery devices.

the San Onofre Nuclear Reactors have been shut down.

Without the wind to blow the smoke away, they had to ground the water drops because of the lack of visibility. It's another Catch-22. I would be wearing a breathing mask JBeanya; that second hand smoke can harm you.
I fel like I have smoked a carton.

Jodi Miller, from San Bernadino Sheriff's Dept. just said this was an isolated incident in the desert and totally unrelated to the mountain fires. The man set a small fire which was quickly put out by passersby and they do not believe it is related in ANY way to the larger fires. (was on Geraldo on Fox)

It may sound like a small fire. But with all other firefighting resources being used to fight the other fires, and with the conditions there- it isn't small.

I think the smoke from Foothill and the smoke from Horno are coming together over LN and SJC. it is absolutely AWFUL where I am. i am just off the Junipero Serra exit.
I think because the winds are dying down the smoke just wafts around. but it sure looks like ther is alot going on out my window here at the office.

Thanks. I'm off Crown Valley here at work and I can see the smoke moving north up the 5! I live down close to the St. Regis and I can't imagine how bad it is over there!

OMG I can't believe how horrifying the fire has gotten. I can't believe that it is still going strong either.
It's still windy too where I live. I would have thought that wind
would have been gone by today, at least I hoped.
All of you in Orange Co and San Diego Co please stay safe. Stay inside, it's not healthy to breath all of that..

HUGS!!!

Why are you guys at work?! What kind of slavedrivers make you work when the state is going up in flames?!

I thought they wanted people to stay home and off the roads anyway? I say take off work and head home! Call in sick!

Buzz, you are right. The water drops stopped about 15 minutes ago. The 3 fires in Foothill that I've been seeing for a while now went from black smoke to grey as a result of the drops, and in the last few minutes, back to black. This is insane. As soon as one of the three fires hit a ridge, we'll be on emergency evacuation again.

report of a search warrant being issued for the arsonist are false

Press conference just revealed these reports are NOT TRUE

Is it getting any closer to you jelly?? Prayers to you all in Cali!!!

report of a search warrant being issued for the arsonist are false

Press conference just revealed these reports are NOT TRUE
More details coming out about this shortly, but they are confirming as of now that search warrant reports are all false.

Copy and pasted from the above map.

Wilcox fire (Camp Pendleton)

Updated at 12:49 p.m. Wednesday
Acres burned: 13
Evacuations: Some areas on standby for evacuation, 100 homes threatened.
Damages: None reported
Injuries: None reported
Containment: Two Pendleton fires are 10 percent contained.
Start time: Public notified after 1 p.m., Tuesday
Edison's private fire department, employed to protect the San Onofre Nuclear Generator Station, has joined the fight against fires on Camp Pendleton, company spokesman Gil Alexander said. Employees on the inland portion of the SONGS facility north of the I-5 have been relocated to the generator side as a precautionary measure.

Get directions: To here - From here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member