SoCal fires continue thread 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so strange when you see some houses on a block totally destroyed and others totally untouched--Sometimes the randomness of it all is amazing, just like those homes during those Tornados in the Midwest

CNN is showing some of the devasation from the Witch Fire, all these homes destroyed--looks like Hurricane Andrew hit there

Absolutely!!

I'm not Martha but I've been thinking about you and your DD all day. :) I hope everything goes smooth as silk tomorrow. I'm so excited for you guys!!

Thanks so much L L & S. I can hardly wait! Annie's husband is doing a video.............in the surgery! He's the only one allowed in!

xxxxxxxxooooooooo
mama
:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

The Walt Disney Co. announced that it will give $2 million for fire relief efforts, starting with a $200,000 donation to the American Red Cross for immediate help. The rest will be given later for volunteer centers, rebuilding and environment restoration. Here's a list of donations centers. - 5:02 p.m.

A $70,000 reward has been offered for information leading to the arrest of those responsible for starting the Santiago Fire, Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Stephen Miller announced Wednesday. Miller urged tipsters to contact the OCFA's arson tip line: 1-800-540-8282. - 4:03 p.m.

www.ocregister.com

Orange County fires are raging, the police and FBI have found 3 points of origin, proving that this big fire was intentionally set, the work of some sick Arsonist

Love-Mama, this has definitely been on my mind; and I hope all is safe with you 3, and everything goes well tomorrow.

Grace is such a lovely name - and I know you have great doctors and everything will be fine. Sometimes babies are born along with an unusual "weather event" - my son came 2 weeks early as a hurricane hit Texas in 1980.

I hope she won't be a flamin' Grace.....;)

My little girl is 13 weeks along, now. We won't know the sex for a few weeks.

Don't worry Martha, it will definitely be a boy or a girl. heheheheheheh

xxxo
mama
:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Orange County fires are raging, the police and FBI have found 3 points of origin, proving that this big fire was intentionally set, the work of some sick Arsonist
A $70,000 reward has been offered for information leading to the arrest of those responsible for starting the Santiago Fire, Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Stephen Miller announced Wednesday. Miller urged tipsters to contact the OCFA's arson tip line: 1-800-540-8282. - 4:03 p.m.

Bryan Williams on now, says some areas he has seen in remote areas, look like scenes from Mars, from the Mars Rover, a reddish tint and lifeless landscape

Why are you guys at work?! What kind of slavedrivers make you work when the state is going up in flames?!

I thought they wanted people to stay home and off the roads anyway? I say take off work and head home! Call in sick!
I wondered about this too. The co I work for has about 8 offices out there and they have been closed for the 3 or 4 days the fires have been burning.

Just talked to my nephew whose Mom works at CP. As of 4 tonight they were told leave or you are on lock down and can not leave.From what he said CP is now engulfed in flames.

I am with you Details. When they showed her with the kid I am sitting here shaking my head- and I won't say what I said! I could have seriously felt sorry for her up until that point.
After hearing about that poor 15 year old guy, and the 4 firefighters hurt by the other idiot - I've got no tolerance for these people. Your property isn't worth your life - but that's your choice - but it's also not worth the lives of those who will always come to try to save you - nor that of your children who don't get to choose.

Just talked to my nephew whose Mom works at CP. As of 4 tonight they were told leave or you are on lock down and can not leave.From what he said CP is now engulfed in flames.

Seriously?!!! That is awful! I assume residents are being evacuated? I really appreciate what all of you locals are reporting. The local news is merely reporting areas that are wealthier and stories about people returning home. They are no help at all!

After hearing about that poor 15 year old guy, and the 4 firefighters hurt by the other idiot - I've got no tolerance for these people. Your property isn't worth your life - but that's your choice - but it's also not worth the lives of those who will always come to try to save you - nor that of your children who don't get to choose.

During some flooding in my area a while back, people who refused to leave an endangered area were told by both LE and the FD that if their homes were flooded, they would not be rescued until the water went down. That they had the option to leave, but if they refused that no public safety officer was going to endangered to go in to save them or take them supplies. Some still toughed it out.

Seriously?!!! That is awful! I assume residents are being evacuated? I really appreciate what all of you locals are reporting. The local news is merely reporting areas that are wealthier and stories about people returning home. They are no help at all!

Yes they live in Oceanside. I ask about the reactor says as long as the fires stay east that will be find. Watching CNN Larry King now. Without LarryHe tells me they are lucky running distance to the beach . But does have friends put on alert

I heard all are closed this week. My son's friend goes to SDSU said they were closed all week. Thankfully, she is safe.
My son goes to SDSU! He is up here with me. My sister is a professor at USD and she said no classes all week either.

What about fran? Anyone heard from her?
Fran lives near me and she is actually a better location in relation to the fires..so I would guess she is fine.

ETA: Hi Fran I think you might be reading here :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member