SoCal fires continue thread 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just talked to my nephew whose Mom works at CP. As of 4 tonight they were told leave or you are on lock down and can not leave.From what he said CP is now engulfed in flames.
IT sure looks bad down there. I am giong to drive up another hillside when it gets dark and see if there are a lot of flames. I will take my camera but don't know if I can capture anything at night.

IT sure looks bad down there. I am giong to drive up another hillside when it gets dark and see if there are a lot of flames. I will take my camera but don't know if I can capture anything at night.

Well for heaven's sake, don't get arrested! :slap:

Bean, Get a MASK. Get a GOOD one. All of the letter carriers down here are wearing them today.

I'm almost sure my girlfriend has lost her house in Arrowhead. I can't get hold of her........no anwser.

xxxxxxxooooo
mama
:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Momma, since I spoke with you yesterday the friends I mentioned from Crestline said many areas not even mentioned were evacuated, so the phone will continue to ring like my friends phone does.

Is there anyone she may be staying with down my way perhaps that I could contact for you?

It was reported last night that the CHP helicopter spotted a man on a Harley actually starting a new fire and notified CHP on the ground. (This was around the Arrowhead Lake area, I think.) They have him in custody. I haven't heard anything else on it since then tho. Anyone?

(By the way, the story was relayed live by a Fox reporter who actually was there at the time this occurred.)

SS, he was only detained, very ify and may have been nothing, dunno???
Man detained over possible arson

HESPERIA - An unidentified man was being detained late Tuesday for attempting to light a possible arson fire at the Mojave River Forks Campground near Highway 173 and Arrowhead Lake Road in Hesperia, San Bernardino County Sheriff’s spokeswoman Cindy Beavers said.​

About 8:50 p.m., a woman driving past the Mojave Forks Campground, witnessed “a subject crouched down and then she saw fire,” Beavers said.​

The woman immediately called the police, Beavers said, thus alerting and Sheriff’s deputies and CHP officers who were in the area setting up roadblocks.​

Officers found the male suspect on a motorcycle at a nearby mini-market on Arrowhead Lake Road.​

The man has not yet been arrested but the incident is being investigated, Beavers said.​

:angel: I'll behave

Did you see the coverage this morning JBean when they were hovering over the 'lookie-lous' on the ATV and in a truck?

They were so pizzed at them, said the ATV was full of gas and if they got caght up in fire would have only started another fire.

he Orange County Fire Authority retracted the amount it was offering for a reward...- 5:54 p.m. ... for information leading to the arrest of someone responsible for the Santiago fire. The agency previously said it would give $70,000. Officials say they have yet to determine the amount of the reward. Details will be released later.
http://www.ocregister.com/

Jbean You and the word Behave just do not fit J?k
you are so right!
JBehave is not my name.:)
Did you see the coverage this morning JBean when they were hovering over the 'lookie-lous' on the ATV and in a truck?

They were so pizzed at them, said the ATV was full of gas and if they got caght up in fire would have only started another fire.
yes and I was watching for the little chits that do that behind my house. I was going to bust them wide open. I heard 2 mothers talking when I was up there and one said to the other, Oh they have already gone.. gosh I hope they don't start a fire:eek: duh

What kind of sick SOB loser starts a fire knowing what it will do?

I'm just sickened.

Keeping all of you out there in my thoughts and prayers and hoping I do not see JBean being naughty on national tv tonight.

What kind of sick SOB loser starts a fire knowing what it will do?

I'm just sickened.

Keeping all of you out there in my thoughts and prayers and hoping I do not see JBean being naughty on national tv tonight.
I'll put my JBean t shirt on so you can recognize me.:behindbar

Is it just me or are there no reports of CP being on fire? I'm not hearing it on the national news. Seems like now they are focusing in on the possible arson story,and the winds dieing down. Is this being kept quiet for some reason?

41 p.m. October 24, 2007

Mayor Jerry Sanders said he would decide Thursday whether to allow the Chargers to play their scheduled game against the Houston Texans on Sunday at Qualcomm Stadium.
The stadium is in use as a shelter for people evacuated from the path of the wildfires.
  • Sanders said at a news conference Wednesday that he would make his decision based upon the needs of the people who remain in the shelter. Meanwhile, Texans owner Bob McNair said he believes the game will remain in San Diego.
Among the other issues with playing the game at Qualcomm Stadium are air quality and the availability of police and other support personnel.
The Chargers and the NFL are also considering whether playing the game in San Diego is in the best interest of the community. It appears likely the Chargers will end up playing in Texas Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys, if they can't play at home, sources said Tuesday night. The Cowboys have a bye Sunday.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20071024-1341-bn24chargers.html

Is it just me or are there no reports of CP being on fire? I'm not hearing it on the national news. Seems like now they are focusing in on the possible arson story,and the winds dieing down. Is this being kept quiet for some reason?

It's being oddly undereported isn't it?

I think its a no brainer . The Chargers should be looking to play elsewhere. Between bad air and people still displaced whats the question?

PS LoveMama Good luck with welcoming baby Grace into the world tomorrow!

For Breaking News, Evacuation Orders, and other updates on the San Diego County Fires, please visit the San Diego County Emergency Homepage.
slr3tn.jpg

Fire Updates
Relocation Updates
Housing Updates
Resources

* The San Luis Rey Gate is now open to incoming and outgoing traffic.
*Court Martials at Camp Pendleton have been cancelled for Oct 25. Please contact the clerk of court at (760) 725-6273 for further information.
*Residents of the Serra Mesa Housing unit can now safely return to their homes.
*Fire is no longer a threat to San Onofre Housing, and residents can return to their homes.

http://www.pendleton.usmc.mil/

Even with the dropping winds, the fire crews are still fighting an uphill battle. The Witch Fire merged with the Poomacha Fire this afternoon. Several fires up by Big Bear are also feared to be turning into one big blaze.

Even with the dropping winds, the fire crews are still fighting an uphill battle. The Witch Fire merged with the Poomacha Fire this afternoon. Several fires up by Big Bear are also feared to be turning into one big blaze.
Think you mean near Lake Arrowhead, Big Bear is open, and so are roads there. I know it seems weird, but they are.

Just smoldering in Lake Forest and wanted to check in and say I am glad everyone here from CA is ok. The smoke is really bad here tonight with out the wind. What a double edge sword it is.

Think you mean near Lake Arrowhead, Big Bear is open, and so are roads there. I know it seems weird, but they are.
I think just the back ways are open. the front way through Running Springs is closed I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298