SoCal fires continue thread 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which fire started first?

Anyway, a fire started- then that brought out the others? All of them doing their own thing.

Which fire started first?

Anyway, a fire started- then that brought out the others? All of them doing their own thing.
The 2 others ( the arrested one and the shot one) were not successful.

ETA: Malibu was first and that was downed power lines wasn't it? cannot remember anymore.

Hasn't that happened before? A fire begins, then the crazies start in setting their own fires and make it so much worse?

To think, the damage estimate so far, from all of the CA fires, is about $1.5 Billion, and in Iraq, we are spending close to $12 Billion a month, every month.

Hasn't that happened before? A fire begins, then the crazies start in setting their own fires and make it so much worse?
they do get a lot of copycats at times like this. They are going to be investigating all of the fires, with probably the exception of Malibu, where they know the cause.

--California has a history of Arsonists, some of the worst fires the last 15 years have been started by these sickos as per Fox News---The newest suspect's fire burned 20,000 acres, burned 9 rural homes

To think, the damage estimate so far, from all of the CA fires, is about $1.5 Billion, and in Iraq, we are spending close to $12 Billion a month, every month.
--or, to put it in another perspective, Hurricane Wilma(2005), the strongest hurricane ever recorded, caused over 20 Billion dollars in damage here in Florida--two year anniversary was yesterday, but luckily today, there is little evidence it ever happened

All schools, public and private are close in my area today. The air quality is still bad.
Pendleton still burns. It went from 50% contained to 30% contained over night, but they have a good handle on it.
Still having mandatory evacuations in the Santiago Cyn fire area.

Mandatory evacuations are in place for the canyon areas ... - 6:21 a.m. ... of Santiago Canyon Road between Silverado Canyon Road and Live Oak Canyon Road, including the Santiago Canyon Estates area and Jackson Ranch Road. Areas along Live Oak Canyon Road through the Trabuco Canyon area, including O'Neill Regional Park, to Trabuco Creek Road are also included in this mandatory evacuation. - 6:21 a.m.

www.ocregister.com

2 burned bodies have been found in the Santiago fire at Trabuco.

Just heard that. That is so sad. Why would people stay? Is a house really worth your life?

Fox actually gave press to the CP fire,about time.

Just heard that. That is so sad. Why would people stay? Is a house really worth your life?

Fox actually gave press to the CP fire,about time.
OKay correction bodies were found in Poway.

I recieved an email last night from my friend in Highland. Fire was not near her,but she said the air quality is just horrible.The patients/inmates where she works were not allowed out,yet the ashes were coming in through the ventilation system.As of last night ,she was told the Lake Arrowhead fire was 0% contained.
One of our other friends lives in Manhattan beach. She home last night after being away a week. Flew over Lake Arrowhead,and said it is devastating.Her house in Manhattan Beach,although not near the fires was covered with ashes,inside!!!

When all this is over,I am worried for all of you out there in terms of the effects on your respitory systems. I know just from the World Trade Center fires,people are still suffering from breathing in that smoke.

The winds have died down, and around noon today, they will be back to normal with a WSW heading. The people inland are going to have a lot of smoke, and smog.

I'm fearful there will be more. I can't imagine this latest series of fires will be any different than the ones four years ago.

I recieved an email last night from my friend in Highland. Fire was not near her,but she said the air quality is just horrible.The patients/inmates where she works were not allowed out,yet the ashes were coming in through the ventilation system.As of last night ,she was told the Lake Arrowhead fire was 0% contained.
One of our other friends lives in Manhattan beach. She home last night after being away a week. Flew over Lake Arrowhead,and said it is devastating.Her house in Manhattan Beach,although not near the fires was covered with ashes,inside!!!

When all this is over,I am worried for all of you out there in terms of the effects on your respitory systems. I know just from the World Trade Center fires,people are still suffering from breathing in that smoke.
--Sorry to hear of the devastation at Lake Arrowhead--That was a pretty area with nice trees

Good morning :) Nice to see all of you again this fine morning ;)

Actually, it's kind of a mixed bag here. It's great that the temps are cooler and there was actually a little bit of moisture in the air this morning. However, I think the moisture is making the smoke, soot, smog and various other nasty particles, hang heavy over the area this morning. I would say that the air qualtity is worse today than it has been. My house, car and office smell horrible. Still, the cooler temps, much lower winds and the moisture hopefully means that the firefighters will have a better day today.

I heard briefly Temecula mentioned on the news last night (didnt get the story). Anyone know what is going on there? Best friends daughter lives there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298