South Africa - Anni Dewani, 28, shot to death, Gugulethu, 13 Nov 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Shrien's defence lawyer Francois Van Zyl objects to the emails being read out in court. He says they are "highly prejudicial" to his client because of their graphic sexual nature. The state argues that the emails provide "context" and an "insight" into the relationship Shrien had with the third party. Judge Jeanette Traverso says that the relationship pre-dates the offence by more than a year and questions the relevance of the emails. "[Shrien] was conflicted about whether to get married or whether to come out," says the prosecutor. "And what does that provide, motive to kill?" asks Judge Traverso. The state says it is "not a motive to kill" but shows that Shrien was conflicted within himself. "That's true for many people," says the judge.

Van Zyl says that the email conversations relate to sexual preferences and go into graphic detail. The "third person" tells Dewani that marriage is a "serious commitment, because it usually involves children, but if he wants to do, he will support him".

After a short break, Judge Traverso rules that the emails are inadmissible. Shrien's sexuality is "irrelevant" because he has already admitted his bisexuality and the graphic content is unnecessary, says Traverso.

Read more: http://www.theweek.co.uk/crime/shrien-dewani/3997/shrien-dewani-five-key-quotes-from-the-murder-trial-so-far#ixzz3GW4VHaBH"

You'd think she might allow the emails discussing the marriage. If he was being pressured into marrying, it is relevant.

Display of Emotion varies through period of grief depending on person. Again weak circumstantial evidence.

Yes I have seen this video and what surprises me is that after receiving only 1000 rand instead of the promised full amount there is no further contact between the two.

There is also circumstantial evidence helping dewani where the video rec of the hotel shows the front desk staff are seen talking about the expensive helicopter ride.

Because dewani was married to the victim he has good reason to be around the victim during the crime.

If want look at stronger circumstancial evidence look at the Hannah graham case. Even that case without any DNA evidence might actually fall apart.

I thing the SA PD investigators are really useless otherwise it would have been quit easy to build a strong case if what they r saying is true.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

I agree this will fall apart but not for lack of circumstantial evidence and a good case against him. I've been following the Oscar Pistorius trial, he's a S African hero from a very rich and influential family, Dewani is certainly no hero or famous celebrity, but he is extremely rich and can afford the best lawyers. I honestly believe he came back to SA to stand trial purely because of how lenient they are in regards to white, rich men (Indian is considered white in SA) who stand accused of murder.

I can see from your post that you've watched the BBC Panorama Honeymoon Murder documentary. I don't know where to begin with regards to the blatant lies told by Jeremy Vine presented in that episode.

The video of staff discussing a helicopter trip has nothing to do with Dewani so that is very misleading. If it were to do with him, he would have paid the money at the front desk, why pay cash secretly to Tongo who he didn't know from a bar of soap? Dewani has been shown to be a well educated and shrewd business man and an experienced world wide traveler, he is not a naive or a fool by any means, yet now he wants the court to believe he is, how convenient.

This is a great site exposing the lies presented by Panorama.

http://panoramabusted.wordpress.com/category/anni-hindocha-a-k-a-anni-dewani/

I had read there are texts from Dewani's phone also. I am sure he isn't going to spell out the word murder in them though, but I don't think anyone expects them to say that. But if he is talking about his "surprise" happening that night, I think that will blow the balloon explanation out of the water.

I agree, there will be more evidence presented.

Why would he be coordinating the search for Anni, he was in a foreign land and that's the LE's job. Dewani should have been assisting police which means he talks to them a.s.a.p., not hold them off for 2 1/2 hours.

IMO, Dewani waited for the all clear that Anni was dead. If Anni had been 'freed' by her captors not long after Dewani was released, she would have raised the alarm. After more than 2 hours, Dewani was convinced she was dead, so he was ready to speak to the police.

Stefanus said Dewani gave him the value of the possessions taken during the alleged hijacking in rands, but gave the value of Anni’s ring in pounds. He said Dewani told him he had about R4 000 in cash in his pocket.

During cross examination defence advocate Francois Van Zyl asked why Stefanus took Dewani’s statement so late. He referred to CCTV footage of the night, which showed Stefanus arriving at the hotel at 1:10am. The statement was taken at 4:10am.

Stefanus said Dewani was up and down on his phone and speaking to hotel management."

http://www.sabreakingnews.co.za/2014/10/14/dewani-trial-police-officer-takes-the-stand/

I read that Dewani gave the hotel management a sum of money later so I have been wondering what motive he had to do this and what he actually was talking to them about.

Can anyone find the link to that please?

Cape Town - Accusations that Anni Dewani’s body was manhandled, a bizarre pizza party memorial and tantrums around her coffin are just some of the strange events that drove a wedge between Anni’s family, the Hindochas, and the Dewanis.

Members of the families studiously avoid and ignore one another in the Western Cape High Court where Shrien Dewani stands accused of murdering his bride, Anni.

The events are documented in a statement Anni’s father, Vinod Hindocha, gave to police in December 2010.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-cou...antrum-and-pizza-party-1.1767239#.VEPKnCKUefU

Dewani throwing his authority around like a real control freak, now, he wouldn't even say 'boo!' Anni's poor parents have had a taste of what Anni endured in the lead up to and in the short marriage with Dewani. He's a nasty, arrogant, cold blooded man.

SNN0311I-280_1219687a.jpg

Justice for Anni Hindocha

RAHIMA ESSOP ‏@rahimaessop 18m18 minutes ago
#DewaniTrial

Week3 of the honeymoon murder trial resumes today. State will call 7th witness.Convict, Xolile Mngeni died over the weekend

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 46s47 seconds ago

Prosecutor Shireen Riley is back from sick leave. She had chickenpox.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 2m2 minutes ago #DewaniTrial @eNCAnews

Anni's cousin and confidante, Sneha Mashru has arrived. She's been briefed at the witness box

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 4m4 minutes ago
#DewaniTrial @eNCAnews

Vinod (father) and Anish (brother) Hindocha have arrived.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 2m2 minutes ago
#DewaniTrial @eNCAnews

Journalist, Nick Parker is in court. He, along with Sneha (cousin), is expected to testify today.

The state calls journalist, Nick Parker

Parker is a journalist for The Sun newspaper in the UK. He's been a journalist for 26 years.

Parker has worked for The Sun for 26 years as Chief Correspondent

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 1m1 minute ago
#DewaniTrial @eNCAnews

On November 22, Parker interviewed Dewani at the offices of Max Clifford in the UK

Dewani was accompanied by his brother and female relative

Interview lasted about 1h20

The interview was recorded and transcribed

A copy has been handed to the court

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 1m1 minute ago @eNCAnews

It's a 38-page document

Parker: He appeared obviously upset. Initially he was reasonably calm

He became quite distressed as the interview progressed

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 2m2 minutes ago
judge asks Parker to speak up while testifying.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 1m1 minute ago @eNCAnews

Dewani spoke about the events of November 13th, his relationship with the deceased.

Spoke about his sexuality but requested the recorder be turned off

Dewani details his discussions with Tongo and dinner at Surfside

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 2m2 minutes ago
During interview, Parker attempted to ask Dewani about his sexuality,but his brother asked for recording to be turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia