Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 2m2 minutes ago
@eNCAnews
Dewani spoke about a conversation about African dancing and the deceased wanted to see African night life

The deceased wanted to do an African dance at a family member's baby shower

RAHIMA ESSOP ‏@rahimaessop 2m2 minutes ago
Dewani told Parker that Anni wanted to see the African nightlife because she wanted to do an African dance at a baby shower.

Dewani explained that he had the money and his wife had the cellphones

The interview does not make any reference to SD asking Tongo to organise a helicopter trip.

The only reference to a helicopter was the police helicopter being sent out to search for the vehicle.

Parker advises SD that there is talk that he is gay. Preyen (brother) asks that the recording be stopped

Parker also interviewed the German Master, Leopold Leisser in December 2010. Two articles were published

Parker says Dewani never mentioned anything about the surprise helicopter ride.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 1m1 minute ago
As a journalist, one tries to verify the story, and give an opportunity to respond.

RAHIMA ESSOP ‏@rahimaessop 1m1 minute ago
Parker says after interviewing Leisser, he gave Max Clifford, the publicist info he intended publishing

Parker provided Max Clifford with the information, for him to respond. Clifford was Dewani's publicist

In response, the newspaper received a letter from Dewani's lawyers.

The newspaper then received a letter from solicitors, acting on SD's behalf. Letter dated 14 December 2010

After reviewing content & information, the newspaper decided to publish the story

In the letter, SD denies having contact with Leisser, phone numbers, email addresses

The response was that he was at the gym or with his family at those times.

The solicitors said Leisser had invented the account

Cross examination...

News24 ‏@News24 2m2 minutes ago
no more questions for Parker from State, Dewain's defence advocate now cross-examining him.

VZ: The 2nd last paragraph, you are transcribed as having said "I'm sure you're aware of this in the SA papers"....

..."That you have had some sinister motive?" Would it be fair to say there were rumours?

NParker: Yes and we received anonymous tipoffs

VZ: Would it be fair to say that at that stage, newspapers were reporting in SA, rumours that SD was involved?

NP: As I understand, yes.

VZ: Hands to Parker, a UK newspaper article in which it's reported that Dewani's company was in financial difficulty

VZ: That was a report on Friday (2010). NP: Yes. VZ: And rumours that he was somehow involved. NP: Yes

VZ: Who was Mr. Max Clifford? NP: Mr. Dewani's PR consultant

Fewer members of the Hindocha family on their bench in court today. Anni's father sitting very still, hands crossed.

VZ: Did he represent the business? NP: I have no idea. VZ: People like him are hired to do damage control

NP: In this case, yes.

VZ: You were contacted by Mr. Clifford's office to conduct interview with accused. NP: Yes

VZ: Your newspaper is a tabloid. NP: It's still the biggest seller LOL

Preyal was the female relative, present during the interview

Judge: Mr Parker please raise your voice, try and make things easier for us.

VZ: You told the court about the accused's demeanour during this interview. NP: Yes

VZ: Would it be fair to say that he became highly emotional? NP: Yes

VZ: is it correct to say Dewani became highly emotional (during interview)? He was shaky an ill at ease? Parker: yes.

VZ: You wrote an article on 8/12.2010, after SD's arrest and you informed your readers of your impression at the time. NP: Yes

VZ tells Parker that in his Sun article, he wrote "8days after Anni's murder i sat opposite him for 2hrs..".

"Wicked whispers" "soft-spoken Asian businessman", "his eyes filled with tears" - lines from Parker's story in the Sun.

VZ reads the article. Parker says there is something at the end of the article.

( Dewani appears calm today.)

VZ: On that same day, prior to that meeting with you, are you aware that SD had a meeting with the deceased's family. Parker: No.

VZ: He will say that the animosity was clear to him. He blamed himself.

VZ: He did not tell them about the money he had with him & that was the reason they were attacked.

VZ: And that is why he didn't mention that fact to you.

VZ: The letter from the solicitors.The accused will tell the court that the letter was not written on his instruction

He will say that it was written upon instruction from his brother Preyen. Are you aware of this? NP: No

VZ: At the time Dewani blamed himself for being so candid with Tongo about how much money he had.

VZ: During this interview, phones rang, and they were answered. NP: Yes, there were occasions when my boss called

NP: He asked when I was going to file the story

RAHIMA ESSOP ‏@rahimaessop 3m3 minutes ago
VZ: Twice during the interview, phones rang, they were answered? Parker: yes, my boss called me.

VZ: Right as Mr. Dewani was talking about the money he had, the phone rings. NP: Yes

VZ: After the phone call, you carried on with the conversation? NP: Yes

VZ: Is it correct that Mr. Leisser first went to the Daily Mirror with the story. NP: I don't know

VZ:Mr Leisser's agent was that Phill Hall? Parker: I believe so.

VZ: Are you aware that Mr. Pharo (Leisser's agent) contacted your boss with the story? NP: I don't know

VZ: Usually, they expect payment for such a story. NP: Usually. VZ: Does 30000 Pounds ring a bell? NP: Can't recall

VZ: It would be fair that if the agent was involved, they would've wanted money? NP: Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot