South Africa - Martin, 55, Theresa, 54, Rudi van Breda, 22, murdered, 26 Jan 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthony Molyneaux‏ @AJGMolyneaux 4m4 minutes ago

The first check was done at 6pm and it took an hour to check that the fence was working correctly.

Afrika drove to each High risked areas on the night of the murders - one of those was where the river flowed into the estate.

Afrika states that he presses metal piece against the fence to send signal to control room to make sure it's working.

Afrika: There were no alarms that went off the night of the murders.

Former security officer Lorenzo Afrika states that no perimeter alarms went off on the night of the De Zalze murders

#vanbreda @TimesLIVE

One perimeter check takes between an hour and 1.5 hours.

The night before the murders, he had checked the fence functionality at the start of his shift at 6pm.

Fifteen points (zones) around the perimeter physically tested per shift, meaning that the fence is activated to check the link is going through to the control room.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/live-day-5-of-the-van-breda-trial-20170503

Afrika is answering questions posed to him by Combrink in a professional & clear manner. Proving to be a good witness for state.
Defense enters evidence regarding Thorburns security who secure the De Zalze Estate.

Combrink going through the security notes of the night of the murders.

#vanbreda @TimesLIVE

Afrika is answering questions posed to him by Combrink in a professional & clear manner. Proving to be a good witness for state.
#vanbreda @TimesLIVE

It seems like everyone is impressed with Afrika

We can't say the Defence aren't thorough, but Afrika is more than ready. I hope HvB is questioned in as much detail by the state.

oh, oh, Here we go....

Anthony Molyneaux‏ @AJGMolyneaux 5m5 minutes ago

Combrink reads there was in fact 3 alarms that went off in the night of the murders. Afrika states that he was not told about them.

Combrink now asks Afrika about zone 40-a high risk area as it is part of municipal ground.

Combrink reads from security log that someone was in fact called out to check an alarm at 1am. Afrika states it was not him but..it was his supervisor who checked the alarm and not him.

#VanBreda @TimesLIVE

Combrink has the report form Thorburn Security - responsible for security at the estate - of the night in question. Handed in as evidence.

Combrink says one of Afrika's colleagues said he had no alarms that night, same as Afrika. According to a report of the alarm activations, it had gone off three times during his shift. Afrika maintains that he did not know about this and he was not dispatched.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/live-day-5-of-the-van-breda-trial-20170503

Combrink had a little trick up his sleeve, going into every detail of Afrika's job, what his duties are, what he did that night, and then slams him about an alarm that went off at 1am, which his supervisor saw to. Is the supervisor going to take the stand?

EWN Reporter @ewnreporter · 8m8 minutes ago

Report details several security breaches on 27 Jan 2015 like an alarm that went off at zone 33 at 01:37.Afrika wasn't aware of it.

Afrika says he didn't hear about any alarms going off, from control room. He relies on control room for info. MM

Okay, now it gets interesting, the defence can state an intruder or intruders set off that alarm at 1.37 am on 27 Jan, 15.

The cross isn't finished yet, will continue after lunch. :/

Anthony Molyneaux‏ @AJGMolyneaux 5m5 minutes ago

Afrika states he did all his checks-assessing fences and a patrol called bloodhound-during the night of the murders.

#VanBreda @TimesLIVE

As soon as I saw "Combrink has the report form Thorburn Security - responsible for security at the estate - of the night in question. Handed in as evidence" I knew something was in the wind.

The next part of XX will be interesting to say the least.

As soon as I saw "Combrink has the report form Thorburn Security - responsible for security at the estate - of the night in question. Handed in as evidence" I knew something was in the wind.

The next part of XX will be interesting to say the least.

(This tweet by a commercial attorney working in house for Highbury Media.)

Tracey Stewart‏ @Traceyams 15m15 minutes ago

Report on alarms hasn't been tested yet-The author needs to get in the box doesnt change what an excellent witness afrika has been

#vanbreda

I wonder if these alarms were home alarms being set off by residents in situ. I know we can, whilst still sleepy, walk downstairs and trigger the bottom floor alarm.

We don't have times yet for all the alarms but 01.30 'ish is 1.5 hours before it is thought the murders were committed. Is that a realistic time gap for it to be relevant/important?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member