South Africa - Martin, 55, Theresa, 54, Rudi Van Breda, 22, Murdered, 26 Jan 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very grateful for this WS extension! (intentional or not)

Judge Desai: the cumulative effect completes the puzzle there is only one reasonable inference even if the court were to ignore the dna evidence the court finds that the accused has sufficient time to tamper with the scene

Nothing gainsays the evidence of the self inflicted wounds the evidence of these experts was excellent

In the absence of any intruder, the only reasonable Inference is that the accused wanted to mislead the police and the court and staged the scene

Judge Desai: the result is difficult to say as a family man, count 5 unanimous decision accused found guilty of every single count

Botha clarifies that it is a pre-meditated murder charge

https://twitter.com/Traceyams?lang=en

Desai is ready to sentence him now but Botha wants to have it delayed to 5th June.

Botha has made contact to get a report two weeks from now- 5 June for sentencing, Adv Botha to have regard to Judge Desai's judgment

Galloway- we have prepared argument against bail being extended pending sentencing

Adv Botha- it was common cause that accused was afforded bail a year ago he has been fully compliant with bail conditions

Judge Desai: In light of the seriousness of these allegations it seems proper that bail be terminated

Adv b: he could be placed under house arrest easier to consult with us until the sentencing on 5 June

Botha: he is on chronic medication now for the epilepsy, possibility of awaiting sentencing prisoners to access proper care is difficult. If you find against me I will ask that you endorse a warrant that he be held on the hospital wing

Judge Desai: I can't compel correctional services, I can make a recommendation.

Chronic medication means nothing mr Botha I have been on chronic medication for years

Galloway- previous bail ceased the moment the accused was convicted. It's only extended if the court so grants it. State opposes bail, very serious offenses he has been convicted of

Galloway- minimum sentence of life imprisonment for each count one to three. Although he has co-operated, the circumstances have now changed. He has the means to obtain travel documents, must consider his personal circumstances

His family ties are limited, no fixed employment, does not derive his own income, he could forfeit bail, his financial position would allow him to flee easily

YYYYEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! He's gone down in the dungeons

Botha has made contact to get a report two weeks from now- 5 June for sentencing, Adv Botha to have regard to Judge Desai's judgment

Galloway- we have prepared argument against bail being extended pending sentencing

Adv Botha- it was common cause that accused was afforded bail a year ago he has been fully compliant with bail conditions

Judge Desai: In light of the seriousness of these allegations it seems proper that bail be terminated

Adv b: he could be placed under house arrest easier to consult with us until the sentencing on 5 June

Botha: he is on chronic medication now for the epilepsy, possibility of awaiting sentencing prisoners to access proper care is difficult. If you find against me I will ask that you endorse a warrant that he be held on the hospital wing

Judge Desai: I can't compel correctional services, I can make a recommendation.

Chronic medication means nothing mr Botha I have been on chronic medication for years

Galloway- previous bail ceased the moment the accused was convicted. It's only extended if the court so grants it. State opposes bail, very serious offenses he has been convicted of

Galloway- minimum sentence of life imprisonment for each count one to three. Although he has co-operated, the circumstances have now changed. He has the means to obtain travel documents, must consider his personal circumstances

His family ties are limited, no fixed employment, does not derive his own income, he could forfeit bail, his financial position would allow him to flee easily

YIPPEE. :jail:
[FONT=&quot]More

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Judge desai: interests of society are that u remain in custody. Concerned about the suggestion to detain you in hospital section. I suggest bail be withdrawn we detain you in custody in the hospital section of pollsmoor prison subject to medical clearance #VanBreda @CapeTownEtc
[/FONT]

Botha: very brief reply. Nothing has changed. All of those aspects were in place previously. He was facing those charges before? He has always adhered. No indication that he would abscond. Everyone knows what he looks like.

Galloway: further aspect is the interests of community - plays a role what message will it send out that a person convicted of such serious crime allowed to go out for two weeks

Judge Desai: interests of society are that u remain in custody. Concerned about the suggestion to detain you in hospital section. I suggest bail be withdrawn we detain you in custody in the hospital section of Pollsmoor Prison subject to medical clearance

And HvB has literally just gone down, handcuffed.

Great stuff Desai. Thanks to WS if you have allowed an extension so that we could follow this trial to the end.

How fabulous. I've never been so glad to see someone sentenced.

:behindbar :behindbar :behindbar

Judge Desai, thank you from all of us. :loveyou: :blowkiss:

Desai was almost overcome by emotion when he came to deliver the verdict. He said this pains me to say as a family man..

DdulLT6U0AA-pFf.jpg

https://twitter.com/Sage_Of_Absurd

Is that one of his uncles top right of public gallery photo?

I heard Galloway saying she has a victim impact statement ready and another one in the pipeline.

I thought WS had gone off :facepalm:

I thought at one point HvB was going to do theatrics and collapse, however justice done :jail:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay