Spain Spain - Ana Knezevich, 40, from Florida, going through divorce, missing under suspicious circumstances on trip to Madrid, 5 Feb 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So, right there, the police can (in theory) catch him in an early lie. He was either in Florida in the days before the disappearance or he wasn't. Plane records etc.
He filed a police report in Florida in January about stolen motorcycle equipment, while pretending to still be in Serbia, according to her brother.

He filed a police report in Florida in January about stolen motorcycle equipment, while pretending to still be in Serbia, according to her brother.
With absolutely zero disrespect intended to Felipe Henao, it would be nice to have that corroborated. He seemed confused about several things in the interview (which is completely understandable given the situation / receiving information second-hand from the other side of the world).

I say that because this is crucial. If that IS accurate, the ex husband is either lying to the direct family of his now-missing ex-wife. Or the police.

With absolutely zero disrespect intended to Felipe Henao, it would be nice to have that corroborated. He seemed confused about several things in the interview (which is completely understandable given the situation / receiving information second-hand from the other side of the world).

I say that because this is crucial. If that IS accurate, the ex husband is either lying to the direct family of his now-missing ex-wife. Or the police.
I will try to find the sources so I can be more specific.

The first I heard of the lawyer was last night during a News Nation youtube video.

Maybe i missed it but how does LE have access to her phone since they know that she was active on Bumble, interviewing two guys she talked to?

I believe her friend said she wasn't seeing other guys, meaning it was only chatting online unless Ana didn't tell her friend (yet) about meeting with someone.

It's to be expected that the ex husband's attorney says things like ''he's cooperating with police'', defending his client, so i don't put too much trust in those words.

For now i don't have a suspect in mind just yet, too soon to put it on the ex husband but only time will tell.

I will try to find the sources so I can be more specific.

The first I heard of the lawyer was last night during a News Nation youtube video.
It would be important to know if the ex told Felipe directly about the theft. Or if he's been told by someone else.

"He [Ana's Brother] told them that David Knezevic had traveled to Serbia on Jan. 17 but he did not know for how long. When Henao called and texted him, asking where his sister was, he said David Knezevic replied to him on What’sApp about 6 p.m. on Feb. 6, as if he was still out of the country, saying she was missing and nothing more.

But David Knezevic was in town at some point between Jan. 17 and Feb. 6, because on Jan. 25, he reported a theft to Fort Lauderdale police. Someone had stolen close to $6,000 worth of motorcycle gear, bags, accessories, electronics and cash from his Mercedez-Benz, according to another incident report. He met with police that day and said he wanted to press charges."

Maybe i missed it but how does LE have access to her phone since they know that she was active on Bumble, interviewing two guys she talked to?

I believe her friend said she wasn't seeing other guys, meaning it was only chatting online unless Ana didn't tell her friend (yet) about meeting with someone.

It's to be expected that the ex husband's attorney says things like ''he's cooperating with police'', defending his client, so i don't put too much trust in those words.

For now i don't have a suspect in mind just yet, too soon to put it on the ex husband but only time will tell.
Presumably the authorities either in the US or Spain obliged the platform to give up her data.

"He [Ana's Brother] told them that David Knezevic had traveled to Serbia on Jan. 17 but he did not know for how long. When Henao called and texted him, asking where his sister was, he said David Knezevic replied to him on What’sApp about 6 p.m. on Feb. 6, as if he was still out of the country, saying she was missing and nothing more.

But David Knezevic was in town at some point between Jan. 17 and Feb. 6, because on Jan. 25, he reported a theft to Fort Lauderdale police. Someone had stolen close to $6,000 worth of motorcycle gear, bags, accessories, electronics and cash from his Mercedez-Benz, according to another incident report. He met with police that day and said he wanted to press charges."

This is really problematic.

1) Your ex-wife's brother rings you to ask where she is. Your response: "she's missing." Well, yeah.
2) You're being at least elusive about your whereabouts with him. (Do we think it's the local authorities who've told Ana's family about this police report? How do they know about it?)
3) If that $6k-worth of bike equipment includes a black helmet similar to the video currently in the hands of the Madrid police, he's going to be in a bad place.
4) Press charges against who? Just in theory, should they find the thief?

Gracias for finding @kaya3627!

How quickly did this Mr. Padowitz go on record? Do we know the earliest mention? I think it was pretty early, right?

Which leads to the obvious question: when your ex-wife, who you are on good terms with, disappears beyond all reason and logic, why did you suddenly go to another country and have a defence lawyer speak for you?
His attorney says that he was retained by the husband early on but advised him not to speak to the media. He only decided to speak up to refute the claims of "difficult divorce".

This is really problematic.

1) Your ex-wife's brother rings you to ask where she is. Your response: "she's missing." Well, yeah.
2) You're being at least elusive about your whereabouts with him. (Do we think it's the local authorities who've told Ana's family about this police report? How do they know about it?)
3) If that $6k-worth of bike equipment includes a black helmet similar to the video currently in the hands of the Madrid police, he's going to be in a bad place.
4) Press charges against who? Just in theory, should they find the thief?

Gracias for finding @kaya3627!
De nada ;)

I believe I read that her brother lives in Florida. He contacted the (Fort Lauderdale) Florida police, and

"On Feb. 7, after the call from Henao, police went to the apartment that the couple shared on Northeast Eighth Avenue in Fort Lauderdale. No one answered the door, but three Amazon packages were piled up in front, the report says."

Yes they would press charges against any thief, if caught.

HOWEVER - Sanna spoke with David on Feb. 7 and he told her he was still in Florida

Source:

Last edited:
(NewsNation) — The absence of David Knezevich’s involvement in the search for his estranged wife Ana Maria Knezevich has raised eyebrows, with some questioning why he has not traveled to Spain to assist authorities in the effort.

David’s attorney Ken Padowitz says his client “has not been absent” from the investigation to find Ana. David has been living in Serbia since their separation from Ana.

“He’s spoken to the police a number of times,” Padowitz said during a Monday appearance on “CUOMO.” “I have reached out to the FBI and let them know that we are available to aid in any way. He’s given police information on credit cards, attempted to hire a lawyer in Spain.”

His attorney says that he was retained by the husband early on but advised him not to speak to the media. He only decided to speak up to refute the claims of "difficult divorce".
Would you share the source/link with us? Thank you!

The brother said they gained access on Sunday via the window. (Though the Spanish press says it was actually the fire department).
The security issue is not trivial, IMO.

How did the helmeted man enter the building to spray paint the interior camera?

Why was there no extra key from the landlord/building security for police to enter the apartment through the door?

Was her key missing from her apartment, along with her phone?

If she was kidnapped from her apartment, how did her assailant get in? Did they have a key, or did she let them in? What would have been involved in locking the door behind them?

JMO

The security issue is not trivial, IMO.

How did the helmeted man enter the building to spray paint the interior camera?

Why was there no extra key from the landlord/building security for police to enter the apartment through the door?

Was her key missing from her apartment, along with her phone?

If she was kidnapped from her apartment, how did her assailant get in? Did they have a key, or did she let them in? What would have been involved in locking the door behind them?

JMO
He waited until 2 people left and then entered the building.

(NewsNation) — The absence of David Knezevich’s involvement in the search for his estranged wife Ana Maria Knezevich has raised eyebrows, with some questioning why he has not traveled to Spain to assist authorities in the effort.

David’s attorney Ken Padowitz says his client “has not been absent” from the investigation to find Ana. David has been living in Serbia since their separation from Ana.

“He’s spoken to the police a number of times,” Padowitz said during a Monday appearance on “CUOMO.” “I have reached out to the FBI and let them know that we are available to aid in any way. He’s given police information on credit cards, attempted to hire a lawyer in Spain.”

David told Sanna that he was in Florida on February 7th -

and David filed a police report in Florida on January 25.

The lawyer made a mistake ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back