Spain Spain - Ana Knezevich, 40, from Florida, going through divorce, missing under suspicious circumstances on trip to Madrid, 5 Feb 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah so I guess my question is, if the MSM are openly referring to someone as suspicious but the police have said nothing, what’s the stance
POI means an official status, so we can't dig up additional info on them and post it, but we can discuss the facts about them presented in the media. As for opinions, one should aways consider their source. JMO

POI means an official status, so we can't dig up additional info on them and post it, but we can discuss the facts about them presented in the media. As for opinions, one should aways consider their source. JMO
So, that's what I'm unclear about. If a national broadcaster is referring to someone as "the main suspect" in a disappearance, and we are discussing that -- what's the line between discussion and questioning vs speculation or "bashing". The latter implies insulting. Is talking about someone's potential guilt, irrespective of their familial ties to a victim, considered bashing?

Yes. Casco can be a helmet for a motorcycle or any kind of helmet

Thank you!

When we were in Madrid a few years ago, there were people of both sexes zipping around everywhere on mopeds and motor bikes. They'd pull right up to the door where they were going, so no need to worry about parking. It would make it really easy to get to her place, though it wouldn't help with getting her out unless she wanted to come.

Last edited:
Thank you!

When we were in Madrid a few years ago, there were people of both sexes zipping around everywhere on mopeds and motor bikes. They'd pull right up to the door where they were going, so no need to worry about parking. It would make it really easy to get to her place, though it wouldn't help with getting her out unless she wanted to come.
This what the front of the building looks like. Quite a few motorcycles - In My Opinion

Source: Googling the address of the building

Attachments

• 22.png
    22.png
    698.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 33.png
    33.png
    671.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 11.png
    11.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
Thank you!

It would be easy to carry her out in a suitcase in my opinion.

It could've been any kind of helmet. But the MSM is using the words "motorcycle helmet."
So if mopeds, motorbikes, etc. are a common form of transport in Madrid, as OP has indicated, then it very well could be a local who followed/stalked Ana to her home and spray painted the intercom camera at the front door to try to gain entrance.

Could be- but a motorcycle makes more sense in madrid imho
This very much depends on how she leaves the building. There are cars and bikes and mopeds in Madrid. The police will have seen someone leaving that block. Either Ana alone, or someone else with a large bag, or Ana together with a man. I’m almost certain in any of the three, the Spanish police have it on video.

Re the question of a hypothetical suitcase and motorcycle, do people still use sidecars on motorbikes, they used to be around in the UK years decades ago although I haven't seen one lately. I've also seen a couple of cases where people with bodies in suitcases have just hailed a taxi.

I agree with what posters have said about not discounting a predator in the building, either another tenant, or a maintenance/security man, that commits the offence in Ana's apartment after gaining entry by a ruse or spare keys/cards they have. They then exit and re-enter, disguised by the helmet and spray the cameras, planting the idea that they are someone who is NOT associated with the building. They would also know exactly where the cameras were in order to spray them (I say that as I never spot cameras myself!)

It does seem incredibly hard work to plan this from another country without creating a trail. But random killers in the majority of cases do not do the fake texting after the fact. Without a doubt they appear to me to be written by a male.

Sadly, I would be very surprised if Ana was alive when she left the building. There is an effort (a poor one) to look as though she has voluntarily left. Who benefits the most from this confusion/mystery? Usually that means the perpetrator has a traceable connection to the victim or they are also associated with the location where the crime took place (distancing). Nowadays though, even a random perp might choose to hide the body because of DNA, especially if there was a sexual assault.

I wonder also what type of therapy Ana was having, and what does the therapist know about what were Ana's concerns about her life? Why go all the way to Spain to clear her head? It is somewhat unusual. What did she feel about her husband and divorce? What communication if any was she having with them? I know a therapist can't divulge too much but I hope, under the circumstances, the therapist gives any critical info to police.

So, that's what I'm unclear about. If a national broadcaster is referring to someone as "the main suspect" in a disappearance, and we are discussing that -- what's the line between discussion and questioning vs speculation or "bashing". The latter implies insulting. Is talking about someone's potential guilt, irrespective of their familial ties to a victim, considered bashing?

I alerted a mod on your questions so hopefully they are able to come to this thread to clarify it for you.

Re the question of a hypothetical suitcase and motorcycle, do people still use sidecars on motorbikes, they used to be around in the UK years decades ago although I haven't seen one lately. I've also seen a couple of cases where people with bodies in suitcases have just hailed a taxi.

I agree with what posters have said about not discounting a predator in the building, either another tenant, or a maintenance/security man, that commits the offence in Ana's apartment after gaining entry by a ruse or spare keys/cards they have. They then exit and re-enter, disguised by the helmet and spray the cameras, planting the idea that they are someone who is NOT associated with the building. They would also know exactly where the cameras were in order to spray them (I say that as I never spot cameras myself!)

It does seem incredibly hard work to plan this from another country without creating a trail. But random killers in the majority of cases do not do the fake texting after the fact. Without a doubt they appear to me to be written by a male.

Sadly, I would be very surprised if Ana was alive when she left the building. There is an effort (a poor one) to look as though she has voluntarily left. Who benefits the most from this confusion/mystery? Usually that means the perpetrator has a traceable connection to the victim or they are also associated with the location where the crime took place (distancing). Nowadays though, even a random perp might choose to hide the body because of DNA, especially if there was a sexual assault.

I wonder also what type of therapy Ana was having, and what does the therapist know about what were Ana's concerns about her life? Why go all the way to Spain to clear her head? It is somewhat unusual. What did she feel about her husband and divorce? What communication if any was she having with them? I know a therapist can't divulge too much but I hope, under the circumstances, the therapist gives any critical info to police.
Good point, taxi is yet another possibility. Then again, for all we know, such an intruder could have left with a suitcase and simply walked a few seconds to the metro. Within ten minutes, he’s on the other side of the city.

As for a predator within the building, I don’t think this is a possibility the police would overlook. But if they’ve crossed over into murder, they would still be left with the problem of the body. At some point, they’d have to dispose. Now, such a predator would have to be doing this for the first time. Because if they’ve acted out violently before, they’re almost certainly on record already. And if that were the case, the police are going to see that two and two is four. The in-house theory is possible, yes. But I would bet very, very heavily against this.

As for going to Spain, the weather is good, the food is good, the quality of life is good, prices are very low (comparatively). Spain is the second-most visited country on earth. It has the largest expat population in Europe. Some studies hold it as the second most popular nation for American expats to move to (after Canada). So, just on the face of it, it doesn’t seem odd to me. In Ana’s case, going through a divorce and depression, precisely because it’s far away, it seems logical that she would come here. Plus, she speaks the language. She’s also been here before. Possibly multiple times.

Re: the therapist, I think given the situation, they might possibly share anything concerning in Ana’s case.

Good point, taxi is yet another possibility. Then again, for all we know, such an intruder could have left with a suitcase and simply walked a few seconds to the metro. Within ten minutes, he’s on the other side of the city.

As for a predator within the building, I don’t think this is a possibility the police would overlook. But if they’ve crossed over into murder, they would still be left with the problem of the body. At some point, they’d have to dispose. Now, such a predator would have to be doing this for the first time. Because if they’ve acted out violently before, they’re almost certainly on record already. And if that were the case, the police are going to see that two and two is four. The in-house theory is possible, yes. But I would bet very, very heavily against this.

As for going to Spain, the weather is good, the food is good, the quality of life is good, prices are very low (comparatively). Spain is the second-most visited country on earth. It has the largest expat population in Europe. Some studies hold it as the second most popular nation for American expats to move to (after Canada). So, just on the face of it, it doesn’t seem odd to me. In Ana’s case, going through a divorce and depression, precisely because it’s far away, it seems logical that she would come here. Plus, she speaks the language. She’s also been here before. Possibly multiple times.

Re: the therapist, I think given the situation, they might possibly share anything concerning in Ana’s case.

So just practically, on the photos, Ana is petite, but she is not extremely tiny, don't know how to word it better. Are people thinking of folding her body inside a suitcase? It has to be quite a large suitcase. And either blood, or body secretions, unless the metro is open but there is no one inside, would be noticeable. Especially if it is a first-time killer. Now, a bike, a helmet and a sidecar or a large cart on the side, could probably work. The person runs the risk of being stopped by the police, so he has to drive accurately, but it is possible. The only thing, biking in an unknown city is always a risk. As a local, you are not noticeable and you know a lot of exit routes.

@FacelessPodcast, how common are food deliveries on bikes, mopeds, bicycles or even gyroscooters with backpacks in Madrid? I am thinking, especially if it looks like a delivery, and the person carries a backpack, it might be unnoticeable in a city that is into "green life", I don't know how Madrid is now.

ETA: obviously, striding to be very green. One wonders if it was a bike or a scooter. Sadly, even an organic recycling bin could have been used. Madrid Sustainability Guide

Last edited:
How certain are we that she must have been taken through the front door? IF her building had a secondary entry/exit, would it be covered by a camera? IF there was a garage, would a non-resident have car access? Would the garage have cameras? Are there cameras on each floor of the building? How would the perp know that in the case they weren't familiar with the building? What if her body was left hidden in a storage room (or even in her apartment) and taken out at a later time?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks
Back