***SPOILER ALERT*** Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton - CONTENT DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM
I think that was her original plan. I know everyone focuses on the chloroform search's but I always think about the neck breaking, household weapons and most of all hand to hand combat. It really says a lot to me.

I questioned that, too. Somehow, I can't see the point in a search for 'hand to hand combat' if the target is your two year old. In a way, you could look at it as someone searching for 'self defense' tactics, but factor in the 'how to make chloroform' and 'neck breaking' and IMO that turned them into something else entirely.

No, it was because of my involvement in another area, mainly. Have to wait a bit before talking about some of it still, unfortunately. But Beach wants to have a Q&A thread, which I would very much like to do. :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Oh Wow! So glad to see you back MM!

I am crazy with curiosity about what happened to you - can you let us know how long before you can talk about it? Months, years?

I also want to add my heartfelt thanks for all your work. You made it possible for us to follow along so closely for all those years.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Awww, Thanks Aedrys and everyone. I miss getting the bat signal! LOL

I've been meaning to come back and tell about my experiences, and how I ended up on the State's witness list and had to stop posting, pretty much. :eek:

But life gets in the way... finally got a job - actually, 3 of them - and have had little time to do much else... and of course, I was completely disgusted with the verdict, and heartbroken.

But I'll try to spend a little time here.... I got Jeff's book of course, but haven't had time to get more than a couple chapters read so far.
MM

MM! Long time no see! Good to hear from ya!

Awww, Thanks Aedrys and everyone. I miss getting the bat signal! LOL

I've been meaning to come back and tell about my experiences, and how I ended up on the State's witness list and had to stop posting, pretty much. :eek:

But life gets in the way... finally got a job - actually, 3 of them - and have had little time to do much else... and of course, I was completely disgusted with the verdict, and heartbroken.

But I'll try to spend a little time here.... I got Jeff's book of course, but haven't had time to get more than a couple chapters read so far.
MM

BBM Wait, what? Imissed that part?! :eek:

Welcome back Muzikman!!! What did I miss? You were called as a witness for the defense? Why were you called and why did they think your screen name was so funny?

Side note...I finished reading JA's book. It was good to get his perspective on the case. I don't remember reading anything that jumped out at me about the case. Two things that I thought were interesting but had nothing to do with the case was that JA has been married 3 times...and that LDB dressed up as KC in the jersey with the number on it and white sunglasses....lol

What's jumped out at me so far (I'm about halfway through) was on about page 12...JAs parents met at WPAFB in Dayton OH in the 50s. That's where I grew up! My dad was stationed there from 72 to 84! 6 degrees of separation and all that....

I finally picked up the book today while I was out. I haven't started reading it yet but I was just thumbing through the pictures. The picture of Casey wearing the blue hooded-sweatshirt-- I never knew where that picture came from. Does everyone else remember this? Maybe I just totally missed the discussion about it. I don't know why anything about this woman shocks me anymore but my mouth dropped open when I read that they told her they were going to use it on a missing persons poster and she smiled like that. What a whackadoodle.

Yes, that came out in one of the pretrial hearings...it was shocking that that was taken after her Universal questioning but before her arrest. She's very happy looking. And she thought it was for a missing child poster. You would think she would at least pretend to be sad and worried. :waitasec:

Got my book and only up to page 60, but I noticed that when Melich took KC to Universal and interrogated her and realized she wasn't caving, he did tell her how he has seen it all in his years in LE and he said "People make mistakes, if you did something to the baby or SHE DROWNED" you need to tell me....there it was folks, the first planting of the drowning theory followed by Cindy who said the same thing to her in the jail visit, she knew that both would find that theory plausible, that's why she used it.

Can't wait to hear the answer to that although I suspect he has read here... otherwise why laugh when you revealed your screen name in the depo? :rocker: So good to see you and many of our other "regular" posters. I've missed everyone.

I just finished the book today and have to say that it was nice to read JA's take on things. WS is the best because we already had most of the things he wrote about. I got a kick out of LDB wearing her KC look alike shirt and sunglasses all the way to Pinellas County for jury selection and JA never noticing until they got to the hotel and FG said, "nice outfit".

The Epilogue actually gave me some of that closure that I've been looking for since the verdict came in. JA is really a great guy and a wonderful prosecutor... not a bad writer either. :innocent:

MM I will be watching for that Q & A thread about your experience.

As LG said (I think it was her!?!) - things move fast here - I want to make sure I haven't missed this thread yet!! Anyone??? :waitasec:

As LG said (I think it was her!?!) - things move fast here - I want to make sure I haven't missed this thread yet!! Anyone??? :waitasec:

LOL you haven't missed it and Beach said she would send up the :fireworks: when MM gets the clearance to set up the thread. Cool, eh?

Reposting my Current News post so no one misses it - a tough interview for Jeff and thought Greg went overboard here with the "attitude".

Interesting and tough interview with Jeff Ashton and Greg Fox from Wesh.com

Full Interview: Jeff Ashton Talks About Casey Book

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/29830940/video.html

Greg Fox from Wesh.com interviews Jeff Ashton in an environment I would call "hostile".

Greg addresses the money issues in depth, the death penalty and the mental health depositions. Worth watching IMO

Let's hear what you think!

Yes, JA was leaning towards the disposal date about the 18th when Casey borrowed the shovel. Any seepage from the bag (heck...even odor emanating from the bag, I imagine) would account for the smell...and that smell would intensify in a closed trunk over time IMO.

I took my NOOK to work LOL and read during breaks...
.I did read where JA says he thinks OCA, after trying to bury her in the backyard, dumped here in the swamp on the 18th or 19th of June.

I took my NOOK to work LOL and read during breaks...
.I did read where JA says he thinks OCA, after trying to bury her in the backyard, dumped here in the swamp on the 18th or 19th of June.
Bless you, Intermezzo. I thought I was losing my mind. :)

Is there a text alert I could sign up for ? :giggle:
Really! Here's the one person who got every doc and with TT at the ready posted every witness for the prosecution AND the defense team. Can you imagine seeing your name posted on the list? I always wondered how many TES volunteers were also WS members (we know of some) and would they in fact be called as well. And in the end, what did it come down to...admitting that Caylee was there in the swamp all along.

Reposting my Current News post so no one misses it - a tough interview for Jeff and thought Greg went overboard here with the "attitude".

Let's hear what you think!

Thanks for posting the interview.

No, I didn't think he went overboard with the attitude. He came off, to me, a bit snobbish in that he had to point out he didn't cover this trial but I think Jeff handled his questions just fine.

Thanks for posting the interview.

No, I didn't think he went overboard with the attitude. He came off, to me, a bit snobbish in that he had to point out he didn't cover this trial but I think Jeff handled his questions just fine.

Yes, I thought Jeff handled the questions just fine - but that's got to be one of the coldest interviews I've seen yet. No congratulations on his book - just bam bam bam - and then Jeff's face was classic at the end of the interview - that WTH is this over with yet?

Yes, I thought Jeff handled the questions just fine - but that's got to be one of the coldest interviews I've seen yet. No congratulations on his book - just bam bam bam - and then Jeff's face was classic at the end of the interview - that WTH is this over with yet?

Wow, sounds childish to me. Must be a Casey supporter outraged over this new book...I'm glad Ashton handled him well!

Wow, sounds childish to me. Must be a Casey supporter outraged over this new book...I'm glad Ashton handled him well!

Don't know about being a Casey supporter, but you know Wesh - primarily leaned to the Defense throughout the trial - probably still looking for favours from Baez is OCA ever comes to the table - who knows?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ademith83
Back