***SPOILER ALERT*** Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton - CONTENT DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
To me, that is a little bit of karma. JA is getting what KC wanted. I'm sure she is seething.

I bet she's calling Jose and yelling at him, "Where's MY money, Jose! Show me MY money! Ashton can't get it all! You promised! I want MY money! Give it to me!" :floorlaugh:

Thanks for posting the interview.

No, I didn't think he went overboard with the attitude. He came off, to me, a bit snobbish in that he had to point out he didn't cover this trial but I think Jeff handled his questions just fine.

I thought he was downright rude to Jeff. Doesn't every author hope to make some money from the sale of their books?
I'm sure that newsman collects a salary too...
Over 300 people showed up to listen to him at the Orlando Library last night- they are all interested in the inside information that Jeff has written so well about. Books are flying off the shelves, but he would like to think that all Jeff is interested in is money. Jeff had a mission and it shows....

To me, that is a little bit of karma. JA is getting what KC wanted. I'm sure she is seething.

I hope People magazine features him on the cover. That would be well deserved considering what he has gone through with this trial, and it would
REALLY pizz FCA off. I hope he's making a killing off the books!

I thought he was downright rude to Jeff. Doesn't every author hope to make some money from the sale of their books?
I'm sure that newsman collects a salary too...
Over 300 people showed up to listen to him at the Orlando Library last night- they are all interested in the inside information that Jeff has written so well about. Books are flying off the shelves, but he would like to think that all Jeff is interested in is money. Jeff had a mission and it shows....

Thanks ZsaZsa - I was kind of :waitasec: - that interviewer didn't smile once or thank him for appearing and yes I thought he was rude and ...well...hostile! Jeff has already spent three years of his life committed to this trial - if he writes a book that is wildly successful - he could hardly have anticipated that when he started and so what even if he did? I say good for him!

Thanks for posting the interview.

No, I didn't think he went overboard with the attitude. He came off, to me, a bit snobbish in that he had to point out he didn't cover this trial but I think Jeff handled his questions just fine.

Thanks so very much for sharing this interview. I liked his closing statement (JA is so cool under fire!) in that (Beach, I'm paraphrasing!) ........if people were gonna pay money, they deserved my thoughts!

..............Jeez..... a Yuri book and a Vass book or, for Vass, a presentation at a scientific seminar?? Are any WS'ers keeping an eye on them these days for any updates?............ Perhaps that's a more appropriate question for the sidebar thread..........just askin'! :seeya:

I hope he's making a killing off the books!

<snipped>

Me too! I hope makes a freakin' fortune!

I can assure you guys that State Attorneys and District Attorneys don't stay with their jobs for the $$$. Those attorneys could be making at least at the very least 3x their annual salary if they opted to go into private practice. They stay because they believe in the cause. Their satisfaction comes from feeling like they are making a difference.

Personally, I think Ashton's book is flying off the shelves because people want to hear from him and support the prosecution team. The public empathizes with them. There is a reason no one from the defense side beat him to the punch. And it ain't because they didn't want to or try. ;) (Hello! Does anyone really believe Baez wouldn't have penned a book by now in hopes to rake in some dough?! Even GA & CA would admit that. lol) It is because the publishers are smart enough to realize there is no market for their BS. Everyone has already heard enough, thank you very much.

I am loving every minute of Ashton's successful sales! :great:

LOL! Pg 195 SA referred to CM as foghorn Leghorn! They'd have gotten a TO here!

I got 'The Book'! I'm not sorry one bit that I came in here to get the Spoilers, it made the wait more exciting -Thanks to all for this :) .

I'm not up to pg. 195 yet. Foghorn Leghorn-lol. I remember seeing that terminology a long time ago somewhere else.

I hope Mr. Ashton will put out another book on the same subject. He could do it. There's a virtual library of books he could write on this 1 subject alone.

I got 'The Book'! I'm not sorry one bit that I came in here to get the Spoilers, it made the wait more exciting -Thanks to all for this :) .

I'm not up to pg. 195 yet. Foghorn Leghorn-lol. I remember seeing that terminology a long time ago somewhere else.

I hope Mr. Ashton will put out another book on the same subject. He could do it. There's a virtual library of books he could write on this 1 subject alone.

BBM

Richard Hornsby was the first to let us know that was his nickname in the Orlando legal community. LOL

<snipped>

Me too! I hope makes a freakin' fortune!

I can assure you guys that State Attorneys and District Attorneys don't stay with their jobs for the $$$. Those attorneys could be making at least at the very least 3x their annual salary if they opted to go into private practice. They stay because they believe in the cause. Their satisfaction comes from feeling like they are making a difference.

Personally, I think Ashton's book is flying off the shelves because people want to hear from him and support the prosecution team. The public empathizes with them. There is a reason no one from the defense side beat him to the punch. And it ain't because they didn't want to or try. ;) (Hello! Does anyone really believe Baez wouldn't have penned a book by now in hopes to rake in some dough?! Even GA & CA would admit that. lol) It is because the publishers are smart enough to realize there is no market for their BS. Everyone has already heard enough, thank you very much.

I am loving every minute of Ashton's successful sales! :great:

Oh my, there are some posts that I want to do more than one "like" button push these days! Wish that I could express more than one like! I'm really on a different plane than I was in early July......and .............don't know how to express that F (FFFFFF!!!!!!!!:furious:) multiple "F"'s CA and CA and GA are behind me. Movin' on!

I'm so please that WS is highlighting Jeff and those others that :innocent:

Congrats! My copy FINALLY arrived yesterday as well. I carefully cut the plastic wrapping and removed the cardboard. I carefully flipped through the pages lovingly. FINALLY I could read it for myself.

:banghead: While carefully flipping through the pages I arrived at page 161. Only problem was, it half wasn't there! It was obviously torn and the page's paper was thinner than the rest. It looked like a mouse ate it.

Decision time: Stay up all night and read it or put the almost-mint condition back in the box and write a nastygram to Amazon.com. I followed the latter road. A new copy is on the way and I've decided to read it when I have all the pages. I sure hope it doesn't take another 2 weeks! :furious::furious::furious:
OMG.. How awful for you!! I once bought a book at Borders that had a page and a half with the printing all messed up.. Like something had been smeared across the page while it was being printed.. When I took it back to the store, the sales girl and I looked at the other copies of the book on the shelf and found 2 more that had smeared pages like the one I had returned.. They gave me a partial refund AND the new complete copy of the book just to make it up to me... I still have the book..

I hope your new copy comes FAST! Amazon owes it to you!

BBM

Richard Hornsby was the first to let us know that was his nickname in the Orlando legal community. LOL

I knew HE called him that but didn't realize it was such a widespread moniker. :floorlaugh:

I am going to reopen the thread and move these recent posts. This one is about to veer off the highway. So, if you are missing a post, check that thread in just a bit. :)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155364"]Here is the link to the book authored by Keith Ablow, MD.[/ame]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444
Back