State files motion to proceed with check fraudUPDATE CASE TO BE SCHEDULED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In one of the interviews Shirley P. did say (or it may have been an email) that Casey offered to clean her house in restitution but Shirley told her she did not want her to clean her house, but I distinctly recall having read that and thought you cannot blame her for THAT! lol:)

No you certainly cannot blame her for that. And Shirley does seem like one of the sharper knives in the drawer doesn't she? I'm off to d.s. to look for that particular email---I'll drag it back for all of us. :)

Reading your post, this just popped in my head.....The hearing on the 21st, his post hearing interview.......so smarmy how he goes up to the media and says, "OK guys, I'm going to speak for the team". Ugh. So self aggrandizing.

Yeah and you just know that those other accomplished, intellectual team members were standing back there holding their breath in the hope that ole JB didn't say something completely ignorant (like I'll ask no further questions now--to the reporters that were asking HIM questions!--that's not it but I can't remember exactly what it was he said at the end of one of his roadside pressers). You know the other team members were all thinking "good Lord, what have I gotten myself into? The SA says TP says he didn't sign the document JB produced to the court!---why did I involve myself with this guy? Wonder if it's too late to get out of this case?" I'd give anything to have been a mind reader during that interview! MOO

Sorry, doogiesgirl, I haven't been over here in a few days. I remember reading it in one of the doc dumps; e-mails from Shirley to her sister. Shirley turned her computer over to LE, I believe.

Ok gals and guys, I found it! It was actually in an interview with YM, JA, SB, and Shirley. It wouldn't let me copy and paste the part we wanted so I copied the link for anyone who wants to reread the whole interview.

Here's the part I didn't recall reading:
And I quote:

SP: And, uh, she wrote me one, Dear Grandma, I'm so sorry. I apologize. I'll come down and do some cleaning for you, and I'll do this and that. I wrote a letter back to her, Casey, I don't want you up here.

YM: Uh-hum (affirmative)

SP: And I haven't talked to her since.

YM: Did you tell Cindy what happened?

SP: Uh, yup, and I told Cindy that.

YM: How did she take it?

SP: She didn't blame me. She was sorry.

YM: She get upset?

SP: She says "Mom I'll pay you back." I said, "No the bank paid me back". I said, "But if the bank wants to arrest her they're going to because I told them they could." I would have pressed charges. But for Caylee's sake, and for Cindy's sake, I didn't want to.

End quote.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/5042392/Shirley-Plesea-Interview

Boy, I sure am glad that SP didn't allow KC up to her home. We have no idea what KC's thoughts had progressed to and here was the first time someone was threatening KC with legal consequences. Her letter of apology didn't cut it with grandma the same way KC could manipulate her parents so that all problems were forgiven easily. Shirley wasn't going to be manipulated (at least thats what she led KC and CA to believe. She told CA that she told the bank and some other big wig at the other place (it's on the page before but it wasn't clear to me exactly who SP is talking about) to call the law and have KC arrested if they wanted to!! I wouldn't put it past KC to plan some horrible accident for grandma---a way to get rid of any legal problems that could be coming her way, and she could lift some stuff after the accident to boot! Who's going to rat on her even if it's questionable to family (she'd call CA first, who would rush to the scene and cover for KC or convince herself that it WAS an unfortunate accident and her poor baby KC had to go through the trauma of actually being there when it happened or the trauma of finding grandma. I may be going a little far with my imagination but then again ........maybe not.

This check fraud case SO needs to go forward now! I wonder if a petition to Judge S. with hundreds of names calling for it to go forward now would have any effect on his decision or if he'd even be allowed to consider it when deciding? Time to start praying that this goes forward NOW me thinks. MOO

Private attorneys are not subject to the Sunshine Laws. However, if JB handed something over to the State, the State would be required to release it (upon request) to the media.

I wonder whether the media has even requested that the State release information received from the defense. I have never seen any of the media requests, so I don't know how broadly worded they are.

Thanks - I didn't realize that JB did not have to release discovery the state had given over to the defense; I thought he was just getting it first as a "head start" kind of thing, and once he was through reviewing it he had to give it to the media..

Since that's true and I assume it's the pros that is responsible for making the discovery info available to the media, is that why we didn't see the depos given by LP et al? Because the state was waiting to see if Strickland ruled against the defense's motion to suppress them? IIRC, those were supposed to come out in the last doc dump and what we mostly got was all that garbage on JG.

Ok gals and guys, I found it! It was actually in an interview with YM, JA, SB, and Shirley. It wouldn't let me copy and paste the part we wanted so I copied the link for anyone who wants to reread the whole interview.

And I quote:

SP: And, uh, she wrote me one, Dear Grandma, I'm so sorry. I apologize. I'll come down and do some cleaning for you, and I'll do this and that. I wrote a letter back to her, Casey, I don't want you up here.

SP: She says "Mom I'll pay you back." I said, "No the bank paid me back". I said, "But if the bank wants to arrest her they're going to because I told them they could." I would have pressed charges. But for Caylee's sake, and for Cindy's sake, I didn't want to.

End quote.

Boy, I sure am glad that SP didn't allow KC up to her home. We have no idea what KC's thoughts had progressed to and here was the first time someone was threatening KC with legal consequences. Her letter of apology didn't cut it with grandma the same way KC could manipulate her parents so that all problems were forgiven easily. Shirley wasn't going to be manipulated (at least thats what she led KC and CA to believe. She told CA that she told the bank and some other big wig at the other place (it's on the page before but it wasn't clear to me exactly who SP is talking about) to call the law and have KC arrested if they wanted to!! I wouldn't put it past KC to plan some horrible accident for grandma---a way to get rid of any legal problems that could be coming her way, and she could lift some stuff after the accident to boot! Who's going to rat on her even if it's questionable to family (she'd call CA first, who would rush to the scene and cover for KC or convince herself that it WAS an unfortunate accident and her poor baby KC had to go through the trauma of actually being there when it happened or the trauma of finding grandma. I may be going a little far with my imagination but then again ........maybe not.

This check fraud case SO needs to go forward now! I wonder if a petition to Judge S. with hundreds of names calling for it to go forward now would have any effect on his decision or if he'd even be allowed to consider it when deciding? Time to start praying that this goes forward NOW me thinks. MOO

BBM
This stood out to me, Casey only offered to clean grandma's house but not to pay her back...Casey had everyone (family and friends) fooled that she had a job yet she does not offer to pay the money back that she stole from grandpa's assisted living account, but Cindy did.

Why would Cindy offer to pay the money back if she believed Casey to have a job?
IMO Because Cindy knew Casey didn't have money to pay for anything...

And I quote:

End quote.

I do not think you are over imagining at ALL. I do believe Casey to be capable of exactly what you outlined and then some. Lucky thing for Shirley she turned her down. Ant thanks so much for digging that up for us so we could have the occular proof of what our minds were telling us.

Thanks - I didn't realize that JB did not have to release discovery the state had given over to the defense; I thought he was just getting it first as a "head start" kind of thing, and once he was through reviewing it he had to give it to the media..

Since that's true and I assume it's the pros that is responsible for making the discovery info available to the media, is that why we didn't see the depos given by LP et al? Because the state was waiting to see if Strickland ruled against the defense's motion to suppress them? IIRC, those were supposed to come out in the last doc dump and what we mostly got was all that garbage on JG.
The reason we did not get them was that the very same day HE had gotten them he rushed out and filed a motion to silence them based on attorney client privilege and THAT just did get resolved. We should see those within two weeks.:woohoo:

It finally dawns on me TODAY in a duh type moment WHY Baez did not just go on and plead out the check charge. I mean, it is perfectly obvious that she WILL be found guilty-NO WAY AROUND IT...so why waste all the time and effort? For the singular, solitary, sole reason that came in my DUH moment-so she will not be a convicted felon prior to the murder trial, period. He KNOWS she is guilty-he saw the videos the same as we did and YET he had her plead NOT GUILTY! It is all just a game, much like building blocks, and he is laying a foundation of INNOCENCE for his client in the murder trial and he does not need check fraud charges coming in and messing up his foundation. He knows those can be added later, after he has his fame and glory, and he IS after all already so far into this foundation of innocence that a conviction on one of those lesser charges would be like pouring a truckload of quick-set concrete right smack in the middle of his ILLUSION!

Yup; or on one of those checks she signed with Amy's name the id on the back starts with a "Z" ;)

ETA: And also so that she can use a public defender after the murder trial. No need in a "High Profile" attorney like Baez wasting his time with such a charge. <no I didn't type that with a straight face or even straight fingers.>

Yup; or on one of those checks she signed with Amy's name the id on the back starts with a "Z" ;)

ETA: And also so that she can use a public defender after the murder trial. No need in a "High Profile" attorney like Baez wasting his time with such a charge. <no I didn't type that with a straight face or even straight fingers.>

BBM

happy_192.gif
hysterically_laughing.gif
laughing_smiley.gif

I second your laughing smiley!

BTW--The interview with Shirley, I too noticed CA offered to pay back S. Now what situation was it that CA tells detectives or FBI that she didn't get involved in the thief situation--that it was between KC and grandma to work out? Was that another lie or was she speaking of the theft of S. the year before? Anyone know? moo

IF the defense prevails and the check fraud trial is scheduled for after the murder trial, cannot the prosecution use AH as a witness in the murder trial and have the fraud/theft info come into evidence? AH and CA had that eye-opening (to AH) conversation about theft and the missing baby when Cindy had AH lead her to KC. So the theft/fraud information would tie into the murder trial.

IF the defense prevails and the check fraud trial is scheduled for after the murder trial, cannot the prosecution use AH as a witness in the murder trial and have the fraud/theft info come into evidence? AH and CA had that eye-opening (to AH) conversation about theft and the missing baby when Cindy had AH lead her to KC. So the theft/fraud information would tie into the murder trial.

Oh, I would certainly hope so! I would imagine that JB and company will object to it being intoduced, since it will be a case that hasn't been heard yet, but I don't know if they could keep it out. Any legal eagles on here know? Could that be one reason why the defense wants to wait until after the murder trial to hear the check case? We can assume they don't want her having the charge on her record during the murder trial, but I wonder if by delaying the check case, if that gives team KC a reason to try and keep any testimony about the theft out of the murder trial? Thoughts?

I second your laughing smiley!

BTW--The interview with Shirley, I too noticed CA offered to pay back S. Now what situation was it that CA tells detectives or FBI that she didn't get involved in the thief situation--that it was between KC and grandma to work out? Was that another lie or was she speaking of the theft of S. the year before? Anyone know? moo

Bold mine.

Wasn't that during CA's depo with Morgan?

Oh, I would certainly hope so! I would imagine that JB and company will object to it being intoduced, since it will be a case that hasn't been heard yet, but I don't know if they could keep it out. Any legal eagles on here know? Could that be one reason why the defense wants to wait until after the murder trial to hear the check case? We can assume they don't want her having the charge on her record during the murder trial, but I wonder if by delaying the check case, if that gives team KC a reason to try and keep any testimony about the theft out of the murder trial? Thoughts?
You know what. You have probably just pegged it dead on! They will try to keep all that testimony OUT as it will impede her due process right to a fair trial. Oh dear Lord-that is likely exactly it...:eek:

I did not know this information. Is there a screen shot someplace, or do you happen to know whereabouts one might find a pic of this very titilating information?
And you are likely SO right about that too. No way Jose will want to defend a menial pile of check charges and fraud charges after he is now such a big wig attorney...and I also am unable to maintain the straight face. To me Jose is a disgrace to the very elemental foundations of LAW and lawyering!:furious:

Well, the State couldn't say she was convicted of anything, because she wouldn't have been, but I think they could get the evidence of theft admitted anyway because Casey said she was lying, cheating and stealing to find Caylee. So they could say to the jury, "OK, the mom told us she was lying, cheating and stealing to find her daughter. So we checked it out. Looks like she was lying, cheating and stealing, all right, but it is far from clear how she thought it would help her find her daughter... For example, she lied and said she left the child with a babysitter at a certain apartment, but the apartment had been vacant for months. Did this help find her daughter? No. She stole hundreds of dollars from her friend Amy's bank account--here, watch the video--but did she use the money to buy spy equipment? No. She bought beer, cherries and clothes."

Well, the State couldn't say she was convicted of anything, because she wouldn't have been, but I think they could get the evidence of theft admitted anyway because Casey said she was lying, cheating and stealing to find Caylee. So they could say to the jury, "OK, the mom told us she was lying, cheating and stealing to find her daughter. So we checked it out. Looks like she was lying, cheating and stealing, all right, but it is far from clear how she thought it would help her find her daughter... For example, she lied and said she left the child with a babysitter at a certain apartment, but the apartment had been vacant for months. Did this help find her daughter? No. She stole hundreds of dollars from her friend Amy's bank account--here, watch the video--but did she use the money to buy spy equipment? No. She bought beer, cherries and clothes."

Not to mention those fab white sunglasses..."swimmin' pools, MOVIE stars!"

woo hoo. looks like the trial date will be set soon.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...bk-casey-anthony-court-090309,0,5656942.story (thanks to the posts in todays current news!)

(snipped)
In support of its motion, the state offered an affidavit from Amy Huizenga, Casey Anthony's friend and victim in the check fraud case. Strickland wrote in his order that he found Huizenga's affidavit "compelling."

"The affidavit states that the duration of this legal process over the last year has caused her a great deal of mental stress," Strickland wrote.

"After considering all of the factors and argument of counsel, this Court feels that the best resolution is to set the matter for trial in the near future," Strickland wrote. "In terms of legal skill and analysis, this case is rather simple."

I can see it now: the A's are going to blame everything on Amy about it being tried now and giving KC a felony charge before the murder trial.

Also,"In terms of legal skill and analysis, this case is rather simple."
uh, we're talking about Baez here!

Finally, AH will get to be face to face with KC! I hope all of KC's former friends show up for the trial!
But I'm wondering if maybe KC will change her plea to the charges and avoid trial all together. Can she do that?

Finally, AH will get to be face to face with KC! I hope all of KC's former friends show up for the trial!
But I'm wondering if maybe KC will change her plea to the charges and avoid trial all together. Can she do that?

That's a good question! I wonder, if she did plea, could she get a non-felony conviction?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera
Back